iron fist vs wolverine(no claws)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigbran
wolvs cant use his claws, but lets not forget he does have adamantium fists. iron fistcan use his "iron fists". they fight in new york. they get 1 day to prepare themselves mentally and physically, so there in top shape, who wins?

Grimm22
Wolverine gets curb stomped wink

Big Sexy
Not really. Didn't logan beat a top martial artist in marvel without his claws or HF?

capt it up
Originally posted by Grimm22
Wolverine gets curb stomped wink
not at all, not at all

Grimm22
Originally posted by capt it up
not at all, not at all

Yep Yep Yep big grin

bigbran
how would if fare w/o using his powers right away, because lets not forget, wolvs has all his other powers except the use of his claws.

Grimm22
Originally posted by bigbran
how would if fare w/o using his powers right away, because lets not forget, wolvs has all his other powers except the use of his claws.

Which against the Iron Fist means didaly squat wink

King KAM
not at all, not at all okay im willing to work with you capt, i think IF CAN drop Wolverine, but that he would need the iron fist to do it, and that most of the time he cant pull it off.

wolverine 8/10....deal?

bigbran
no dice.

riceroost
Wolverine with no adamantium and no claws schooled Shang-Chi. How does Fist measure up to the Master of Kung-Fu? I personally prefer Danny, but Shnag is supposed to be pretty good.

Wolverine with adamantium would take down Iron Fist. Iron Fist isn't really capable of hurting Wolverine with anything other than the fist itself. And even this most likely wouldn't have all that much effect. Wolverine has laughed off all Danny's best moves.

Wolverine 9/10.

bigbran
if killed a dragon and shoved his fist in his heart, thats how he got his iron fist. wolves has been hurt before by weak things, his skin isnt adamantium, his bones are, big diff, and if can punch him out with his iron fist. ive seen danny hit a wall while he was caught on a train and get up right after.

King KAM
Originally posted by riceroost
Wolverine with no adamantium and no claws schooled Shang-Chi. How does Fist measure up to the Master of Kung-Fu? I personally prefer Danny, but Shnag is supposed to be pretty good.

Wolverine with adamantium would take down Iron Fist. Iron Fist isn't really capable of hurting Wolverine with anything other than the fist itself. And even this most likely wouldn't have all that much effect. Wolverine has laughed off all Danny's best moves.

Wolverine 9/10. and iron fists to the throat could definatley put wolverine down for a while......

they shatter steel for god's sake!

bigbran
its not like wolvs cant be knocked out.

capt it up
Originally posted by King KAM
okay im willing to work with you capt, i think IF CAN drop Wolverine, but that he would need the iron fist to do it, and that most of the time he cant pull it off.

wolverine 8/10....deal?
works for me .

King KAM
works for me . awesome

bigbran
no dice, if is a beast, hes not just going to be beaten 8 times. and his iron fist could easily knock wolves out.

capt it up
no dice, if is a beast, hes not just going to be beaten 8 times. and his iron fist could easily knock wolves out.
actaully he is more then likly going to lose 8 times. Yes Iron fist is a beast, but logan can Ko iron fist with a single hit as well. Also IF can not easiliy KO Logan.

Grimm22

Yep wink

Iron Fist is a monster, he just has a crap costume stick out tongue

Grimm22
actaully he is more then likly going to lose 8 times. Yes Iron fist is a beast, but logan can Ko iron fist with a single hit as well. Also IF can not easiliy KO Logan.

WTF?!? A single hit What the f**k?

Wolverine isnt that strong and he sure as hell is no DD

bigbran
a single hit you say, so wolves can hit harder than being smacked into a wall, when ur caught on a train and its moving , and if got up right away.

capt it up
Actually he is that strong and add in the fact his fists are unbreakable IF could be taken down with a single hit since IF is not known for being overly durable.

Wolverine isnt that strong and he sure as hell is no DD
Wolverine is that strong and what do you mean he no DD? Wolverine is like a DD on steroids.
DD in no way is Logan superior in skill

King KAM

Wolverine isnt that strong and he sure as hell is no DD Wolverine has more punching power than DD....

capt it up
a single hit you say, so wolves can hit harder than being smacked into a wall, when ur caught on a train and its moving , and if got up right away.
What are you even saying?

just give me a comic number and ill look it up

Grimm22
Actually he is that strong and add in the fact his fists are unbreakable IF could be taken down with a single hit since IF is not known for being overly durable.

Wolverine is that strong and what do you mean he no DD? Wolverine is like a DD on steroids.
DD in no way is Logan superior in skill

Are you kidding me?!? What the f**k?

Wolverine just goes around slashing guys and what not.

DD is actually a marial artist wink

bigbran
ok
just a monent.

bigbran
iron fist no 8 1986.

capt it up
iron fist no 8 1986.
I will look it up when I get the chance

Soleran
Dude no way in hell IF keeps Wolverine down, its not just his claws its his healing factor and adamantium...........................IF could squeek some wins but not majority by any means in a straight up fist fight.

King KAM

DD is actually a marial artist wink i say in pure skill, they are about even... maybe slight edge to DD

capt it up
No im not at all

DD is actually a marial artist wink
again u prove that you not only do you not read wolverine comics, but that you also act as if you know a character that you have little no no knowledge about

capt it up
i say in pure skill, they are about even... maybe slight edge to DD
not even wolverine has the skill edge.

I bet it it was capt we were talken about u say capt owns DD in skill lol

riceroost
ive seen danny hit a wall while he was caught on a train and get up right after. Dont try to compare Danny's durability feats to Wolverine's. Danny will lose every single time.

bigbran
i can tell you what happens, iF was beating up some baddies badly, then he slipped and got kicked into a train by a baddie, he was caught then the train went into the tunnel and bamm, if hits the wall,he sits there for like 5 sec, the baddies run away, a croud crowds around if and then he gets up. not out.

bigbran
i wasnt comparing, i was saying that wolves isnt going down in 1 punch, read the whole post next time.

capt it up
i can tell you what happens, iF was beating up some baddies badly, then he slipped and got kicked into a train by a baddie, he was caught then the train went into the tunnel and bamm, if hits the wall,he sits there for like 5 sec, the baddies run away, a croud crowds around if and then he gets up. not out.
wolverine been hit derectly by a jet and was unfazed

riceroost
i say in pure skill, they are about even... maybe slight edge to DD Yeah there's a skill edge between Wolverine and DD. It's an enormous one and it's obviously in Wolverine's favor.

capt it up
perfected example of skill is wolverine defeating shiva in a single attack

King KAM
not even wolverine has the skill edge.

I bet it it was capt we were talken about u say capt owns DD in skill lol I feel like capt is the best h2h fighter in the marvel universe, Marvel Agrees, Wolverine isnt as good in pure skill as Cap, and thats obvious. If you read capt, you see that he is the Truth, I LOVE wolverine, but in pure h2h, cap has him beat.Originally posted by riceroost
Yeah there's a skill edge between Wolverine and DD. It's an enormous one and it's obviously in Wolverine's favor. how is wolverine blatantly a better fighter than DD???? where has this been proven??? Wolverine is NEARLY as good and DD and uses his physical advantage to beat DD.

riceroost
i can tell you what happens, iF was beating up some baddies badly, then he slipped and got kicked into a train by a baddie, he was caught then the train went into the tunnel and bamm, if hits the wall,he sits there for like 5 sec, the baddies run away, a croud crowds around if and then he gets up. not out. Wolverine has been hit by Hulk some 20 times and not been hurt. Wolverine has been hit by Colossus some 50 times and been unhurt. Wolverine has been hit by Namor many times and been unhurt. Wolverine has been punched into orbit and survived. Wolverine wins. End of discussion.

bigbran
im trying to play both sides, and if iron f hit him, im pretty sure hes not going unnoticed.

capt it up

King KAM

capt it up

King_Mungi
Or how about when wolverine Punk beast in a single panel?

Oh you know I'm going to call you up on this, when the HELL did this happen? It better not be X-Men Adventures as that is based on the cartoon ie non.canon.

King KAM
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Oh you know I'm going to call you up on this, when the HELL did this happen? It better not be X-Men Adventures as that is based on the cartoon ie non.canon. it was in enemy of the state, and someone should tell Capt how annoying it is when he tries to reply like Jinzin

capt it up
Oh you know I'm going to call you up on this, when the HELL did this happen? It better not be X-Men Adventures as that is based on the cartoon ie non.canon.
enemy of the state issue 5 and why would you care about beast lol?

King_Mungi
it was in enemy of the state, and someone should tell Capt how annoying it is when he tries to reply like Jinzin

Puck was in enemy of the state? what issue?

capt it up

capt it up
WTF lol. no one said any thing about Puck man i said Punk

Grimm22
No im not at all

again u prove that you not only do you not read wolverine comics, but that you also act as if you know a character that you have little no no knowledge about

I know that Wolverine used to be a respected martial artist before he joined the x-men and whatnot, but since then he focuses on using his claws more than anything else.

ST0RM SHAD0W

Punk not Puck

King_Mungi
enemy of the state issue 5 and why would you care about beast lol?

I have to check this out since this seems like PIS, and I never mentioned beast.

EDIT: i read this horribly wrong I thought you said Puck. My apologizes

capt it up
I have to check this out since this seems like PIS, and I never mentioned beast.
OMG lol
I SAID WOLVERINE PUNKED BEAST, I SAID NUTHING ABOUT PUCK

capt it up

EDIT: i read this horribly wrong I thought you said Puck. My apologizes
no biggy lol I kinda figured you thought that lol

Grimm22
OMG lol
I SAID WOLVERINE PUNKED BEAST, I SAID NUTHING ABOUT PUCK

Puck punks both beast and wolverine stick out tongue

Puck is an unstopable force of nature big grin

capt it up
I know that Wolverine used to be a respected martial artist before he joined the x-men and whatnot, but since then he focuses on using his claws more than anything else.
Using claws does not mean he does not use skills.
Claws are a weapon after all and know he still shows his skills in x-men and in his solo runs.

Grimm22
Claws are a weapon after all and know he still shows his skills in x-men and in his solo runs.

I know he still has skills, just not nearly as much as he used to before he became so focused on "Im gonna run straight at you and stab you" methods

King KAM

King KAM
Claws are a weapon after all and know he still shows his skills in x-men and in his solo runs. i dont need skills to attack people with foot long claws that cut through metal like a warm knife through butter.

capt it up
I know he still has skills, just not nearly as much as he used to before he became so focused on "Im gonna run straight at you and stab you" methods
No he has just as much skills if not more so. When wolverine fights other martial artist thats when you normaly see his skill's come out. wolverine fight who knows the fastest way to take a opponet out.

You need to read up on logan his new origens run is really quite good

bigbran
he doesnt have much technice with his claws though.

Grimm22
. Really? As I recall he has lost to Namor more then ounces rather easily actually.. while Wolverine on the other hand has defeated Namor rather quickly.

Oh please everybody knows that fight is PIS roll eyes (sarcastic)

King KAM
Oh please everybody knows that fight is PIS roll eyes (sarcastic) if it wasnt PIS Wolverine won because of his claws, since when are those "h2h skill"?

Grimm22
No he has just as much skills if not more so. When wolverine fights other martial artist thats when you normaly see his skill's come out. wolverine fight who knows the fastest way to take a opponet out.

You need to read up on logan his new origens run is really quite good

I am reading Wolverine Origins and so far all it has proven to me is that Wolverine is a jerkass stick out tongue

Or if you mean in his ongoing book I also read that. Yeah he used to be a samurai and crap like that. Bucky still beat his ass big grin

King KAM
I am reading Wolverine Origins and so far all it has proven to me is that Wolverine is a jerkass stick out tongue

Or if you mean in his ongoing book I also read that. Yeah he used to be a samurai and crap like that. Bucky still beat his ass big grin bucky beat his ass, and yet, Cap PWNED bucky.....hmmmm

Grimm22
bucky beat his ass, and yet, Cap PWNED bucky.....hmmmm

Cap was holding back in the fight too big grin

King KAM
Cap was holding back in the fight too big grin bucky hit cap so hard he thought he killed him, cap wasnt even stunned.....

capt it up

capt it up

Or if you mean in his ongoing book I also read that. Yeah he used to be a samurai and crap like that. Bucky still beat his ass big grin
then u clearly did not read the issue since bucky, with days of one sided prep still got his ass kicked, by a hand cuffed wolverine.

Also u clearly don't read wolverine stop acting like you do. It is rather annoying actually.

Soljer

capt it up
Originally posted by Soljer
I do believe that he is saying "Show me a fight where he relied on his martial skill, rather than relying on his claws and healing factor."

While I very much acknowledge Wolverine's skill, I HATE how his character so often just...soaks damage because he CAN. If Wolverine can dodge bullets, and stuff his fist down someone's throat, I want to see it happen. I KNOW a bullet won't kill him, I don't want to see him getting shot, I'd like to see him dodge it. Gah.

But thats my personal problem with the way wolverine is often portrayed. Has nothing to do with his ACTUAL feats and showings.
I agree with you fully. Thats why im gladd about Origens, it seem to be going more towards his martial arts area

King KAM
I agree with you fully. Thats why im gladd about Origens, it seem to be going more towards his martial arts area Capt shutting DD down like its nothing http://img129.imageshack.us/my.php?image=captainamerica375p168lo.jpg
and as for namor, cap Pwned him too, and no wolverine doesnt use skill with his claws, he just swings them. whenever he is in trouble, like what he said when he was fighting gorgon

As those links you posted ive already stated exactly what happened in those fights, DD was making his premere showing and doing it so in some PIS'sy fashion, a little bit farther down the page we see him make wolverine look like an idiot when he hits him in the throat.

Cap pwns IronFist in Ironfist vol.1 issue 12, makes IF look like a noob.

And as for TaskMaster, Cap Pwned him, and Task Master HAD FULL tapes on cap, cap whooped him anyway.

Cap is heavy weight champ, most wins.

Wolverine uses the claws and healing factor too often

King KAM
I agree with you fully. Thats why im gladd about Origens, it seem to be going more towards his martial arts area ummmm.....no it doesnt..... he has sliced a robot..... but thats bout it....

jinzin
ummmm.....no it doesnt..... he has sliced a robot..... but thats bout it....

you're saying that like shiva is just ANY robot.. it's not.. it's reinforced titanium O-O...hmmm O(somthing)anium shell was the hardest substance that department h could produce sans admantium... shive has wolverine's entire history on disk, it has all recorded accounts of wolverine's fighting ability collected by department H, it has a statistical negotiator chip which compensates to tell it what wolverine's most likely to do in a given situation.. you can not beat it the same way twice and it even has "the triggers" fail safe psionic devices that attack wolverine's brain patterns using plants that the waapon x program put in him.. wolverine pwned the shit out of that robot like it was nothing and that's saying a lot.

King KAM
Originally posted by jinzin
you're saying that like shiva is just ANY robot.. it's not.. it's reinforced titanium O-O...hmmm O(somthing)anium shell was the hardest substance that department h could produce sans admantium... shive has wolverine's entire history on disk, it has all recorded accounts of wolverine's fighting ability collected by department H, it has a statistical negotiator chip which compensates to tell it what wolverine's most likely to do in a given situation.. you can not beat it the same way twice and it even has "the triggers" fail safe psionic devices that attack wolverine's brain patterns using plants that the waapon x program put in him.. wolverine pwned the shit out of that robot like it was nothing and that's saying a lot. dude its wasnt wolverine..... it was the sword....

jinzin
dude its wasnt wolverine..... it was the sword....
What the f**k?

guess you missed the part where shiva has all of wolvie's data files eh? wink

King KAM
What the f**k?

guess you missed the part where shiva has all of wolvie's data files eh? wink no i saw that part.... i just also saw the sword go through the robut like a blazing katana through butter, i wonder if that sword can cut adamantium, i think its mystical....but then muramasa's blades tend to be.

jinzin
the sword didn't effect wolverine's fighting ability in any way the robot knowing all it knows about wolverine should technically still put up more of a decent fight then it did... wolverine just wasn't holding back his fighting ability this time and he made that pretty damned clear.. and yeah the sword is mystical.. it doesn't cut.. it splices at the molecular level... sheild buffs couldn't figure out how he did it.

srankmissingnin
I think Capt was refearing to Orgins 2 preview when he was talking about the showing of Wolverine's skill.

Does anyone else have a real problem with Dillon's art? I can't stand it. Everyone looks the same, it really erks me.

King KAM
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I think Capt was refearing to Orgins 2 preview when he was talking about the showing of Wolverine's skill.

Does anyone else have a real problem with Dillon's art? I can't stand it. Everyone looks the same, it really erks me. yeah, i feel like im watching Duke Nuke'em meets GI joe..... it sucks to me too...like the simpons or sumn...(art wise)Originally posted by jinzin
the sword didn't effect wolverine's fighting ability in any way the robot knowing all it knows about wolverine should technically still put up more of a decent fight then it did... wolverine just wasn't holding back his fighting ability this time and he made that pretty damned clear.. and yeah the sword is mystical.. it doesn't cut.. it splices at the molecular level... sheild buffs couldn't figure out how he did it. when in doubt, call the cap!

srankmissingnin
yeah, i feel like im watching Duke Nuke'em meets GI joe..... it sucks to me too...like the simpons or sumn...(art wise)

I was wondering if it was just me who hated it 'cause he seems to get a hell of a lot of work...

... and G.I. Joe kicks ass.

YOOOOOOOOOOOO JOE!

King KAM
I was wondering if it was just me who hated it 'cause he seems to get a hell of a lot of work...

... and G.I. Joe kicks ass.

YOOOOOOOOOOOO JOE! duke kicks ass.... I got 20 bucks he'd chew up those ninjas and spit em out in a 1on1....lol

jinzin
for me.. my comic dealer said it best.. "the art isn't BAD per say.. it just isn't wolverine"...

the guy was correct 100%, I feel the art being produced in the current moonknight series has a MUCH more gritty realism that wolverine origins NEEDS considering the material...

the thing about the art in origins is, it's almost cartoonish, it's very plain, and frankly boring. IMO there was only one guy who ever drew wolverine with decent pupils AFTER he put on the mask and it was
Leinil Francis Yu.
every other wolvie characterization with pupils just looks goofy.. it's like the classic tmnt.. sure they have pupils when the masks are off but when they put them on, the eyes go white... that's the way it SHOULD be.

right now.. we have some really hard to swallow material in origins.. wolverine being anything but a goodguy in his past.. I think the art needs to be waaaaay more mature instead of looking like a washed over archie comic... it sucks to see that moon knight gets the proper attention in mature storytelling and art while wolvie fans get this.. and then that other god-aweful artwork in his ongoing series.. I mean seriously.. WTF mate.. IIII could do better than that.. hell I HAVE done better than that.. oh well...

srankmissingnin
duke kicks ass.... I got 20 bucks he'd chew up those ninjas and spit em out in a 1on1....lol

Bull shit. Snake-eyes makes Batman look like a pussy with a yellow belt; he'd pawn the entire Batfamily while doing his taxes.

jinzin
yeah, i feel like im watching Duke Nuke'em meets GI joe..... it sucks to me too...like the simpons or sumn...(art wise) when in doubt, call the cap!

laughing out loud

guess you've seen the previews already.. cause that's exactly what they do.

jinzin
Bull shit. Snake-eyes makes Batman look like a pussy with a yellow belt; he'd pawn the entire Batfamily while doing his taxes.

don't get me wrong. I like snake eyes.. but I hope storm shadow kicks his ass in the next america's elite..

King KAM
laughing out loud

guess you've seen the previews already.. cause that's exactly what they do. hahahahaha why the hell not???Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Bull shit. Snake-eyes makes Batman look like a pussy with a yellow belt; he'd pawn the entire Batfamily while doing his taxes. shiiii, dude what did the UFC teach us??? that all that ninja shit goes out the window when duke breaks out the 4-time NCAA wrestling champ moves, and single legs that bastard, lol

srankmissingnin
for me.. my comic dealer said it best.. "the art isn't BAD per say.. it just isn't wolverine"...

the guy was correct 100%, I feel the art being produced in the current moonknight series has a MUCH more gritty realism that wolverine origins NEEDS considering the material...

the thing about the art in origins is, it's almost cartoonish, it's very plain, and frankly boring. IMO there was only one guy who ever drew wolverine with decent pupils AFTER he put on the mask and it was
Leinil Francis Yu.
every other wolvie characterization with pupils just looks goofy.. it's like the classic tmnt.. sure they have pupils when the masks are off but when they put them on, the eyes go white... that's the way it SHOULD be.

right now.. we have some really hard to swallow material in origins.. wolverine being anything but a goodguy in his past.. I think the art needs to be waaaaay more mature instead of looking like a washed over archie comic... it sucks to see that moon knight gets the proper attention in mature storytelling and art while wolvie fans get this.. and then that other god-aweful artwork in his ongoing series.. I mean seriously.. WTF mate.. IIII could do better than that.. hell I HAVE done better than that.. oh well...

It's because marvel doesn't have the balls to slab a "Violent Content" warning on the title and take it the Punisher route (which they should) so they don't lose out on the younger audience. Now... how many 12 years olds do you see at the comic shop buying comics? I have never seen one they are all in there buying the latest trading card fad from Japan. Besides they have ultimate Wolverine to pussify for the kiddies, give us a grittier more mature Wolverine

Another wierd thing about this artist his he gets work on characters that are gritty and more mature. Bullseye, Punisher, Fury, Wolverine, Nighthawk ect... who is calling the shots at Marvel?

King KAM
It's because marvel doesn't have the balls to slab a "Violent Content" warning on the title and take it the Punisher route (which they should) so they don't lose out on the younger audience. Now... how many 12 years olds do you see at the comic shop buying comics? I have never seen one they are all in there buying the latest trading card fad from Japan. Besides they have ultimate Wolverine to pussify for the kiddies, give us a grittier more mature Wolverine

Another wierd thing about this artist his he gets work on characters that are gritty and more mature. Bullseye, Punisher, Fury, Wolverine, Nighthawk ect... who is calling the shots at Marvel? im the youngest comic guy at my local spot, lol

srankmissingnin
don't get me wrong. I like snake eyes.. but I hope storm shadow kicks his ass in the next america's elite..

Blasphemer!!!

... me too wink

King KAM
hahahahaha why the hell not??? shiiii, dude what did the UFC teach us??? that all that ninja shit goes out the window when duke breaks out the 4-time NCAA wrestling champ moves, and single legs that bastard, lol so true king kam so true

srankmissingnin
im the youngest comic guy at my local spot, lol

I'm almost 20 and everyone at comic shop I go too (well... it is more a miniature shop with a comic shop in the back) is around the same age. I'm just wondering where this "younger youth audience" that Marvel thinks buys their books are?

jinzin

Another wierd thing about this artist his he gets work on characters that are gritty and more mature. Bullseye, Punisher, Fury, Wolverine, Nighthawk ect... who is calling the shots at Marvel?

it's cause everyone's too tied up with civil.. that's my guess anyways...

the only reason moon knight is getting the repect it deserves is because the new title has been over 2 years in the making the the creative teamn doesn't want to miff it up.. frankly they're doing a great job too...

but I agree man, you'd think a guy who beats most of his opponents by cutting or gutting would NECESITATE a mature rating.. but hey that's just my opinion.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

srankmissingnin
hahahahaha why the hell not??? shiiii, dude what did the UFC teach us??? that all that ninja shit goes out the window when duke breaks out the 4-time NCAA wrestling champ moves, and single legs that bastard, lol

... I don't watch the UFC and I have no idea what the NCAA is

King KAM
I'm almost 20 and everyone at comic shop I go too (well... it is more a miniture shop with a comic shop in the back) is around the same age. I'm just wondering where these "younger youth audiances" that Marvel thinks buys their books are? michael jackson's bed room???

oh yeah, i went there.....

King KAM
... I don't watch the UFC and I have no idea what the NCAA is hahahahahaha.......you silly little canadian

jinzin
I'm almost 20 and everyone at comic shop I go too (well... it is more a miniture shop with a comic shop in the back) is around the same age. I'm just wondering where these "younger youth audiances" that Marvel thinks buys their books are?

back in the 60's and 70's when that was the standard comic book audience and the 90's when comic books were readily available at pretty much every grocery store and 7/11 in town...

right now though? What the f**k? I have no idea..

srankmissingnin
*vomits*

King KAM
*vomits* *slips in it* DUDE!!!

srankmissingnin
back in the 60's and 70's when that was the standard comic book audience and the 90's when comic books were readily available at pretty much every grocery store and 7/11 in town...

right now though? What the f**k? I have no idea..

Censoring characters like Wolverine just doesn't work. When was the last time he had a good solo-run? Not a "fun" one but one that was genuinely good. Marvel places too many restraints on Wolverine and the writes/artists to come up with anything significant above the run of the mill hack and slash story that has been done to death.

Maybe in 10 years Wolverine will get a title worthy of him? It happened to the Punisher after all after the backlash of his popularity of the late 80s /early 90s. I had thought thats what was planned when they moved him into Marvel Knights but I guess not.

King KAM
Censoring characters like Wolverine just doesn't work. When was the last time he had a good solo-run? Not a "fun" one but one that was genuinely good. Marvel places too many restraints on Wolverine and the writes/artists to come up with anything significant above the run of the mill hack and slash story that has been done to death.

Maybe in 10 years Wolverine will get a title worthy of him? It happened to the Punisher after all after the backlash of his popularity of the late 80s /early 90s. I had thought thats what was planned when they moved him into Marvel Knights but I guess not. dude Mark Millar, Enemy of the state/agent of sheild was HOTTTTTTTTT, mark millar is the truth, he brought wolverine back!

srankmissingnin
dude Mark Millar, Enemy of the state/agent of sheild was HOTTTTTTTTT, mark millar is the truth, he brought wolverine back!

I hate Mark Millar almost as much as he hates continuity and that was far from a good run. It was "fun" don't get me wrong but good? Na

I also hear that it was all a rip off a a story Claremont had planed back in his hayday for Wolverine... but one that had years of build up leading to it (like the Wolverine's healing factor starting the slow) and wouldn't have just been thrust upon is. Might have even been relevant with some consequences!

King KAM
I hate Mark Millar almost as much as he hates continuity and that was far from a good run. It was "fun" don't get me wrong but good? Na i love mark millar and i thought it was awesome..... he is my fave writer tho....

jinzin
well it was "planned"

miller CLAIMED he was trying to make the pinicle wolverine story...

he just..

he...

HE FAILED UTTERLY... that's what he did dammit!

seriously.. I was reading that whole arch waiting for him to actually have a good brawl with someone.. what does he do in 75% of it.. has one panal put-downs and runs around killing non-recognizable heroes and villains.. or runs away cause he has prep to take care of the job. yeah.. great stuff roll eyes (sarcastic)

the only issue that was worth a crap IMO was his throw down with an entire ninja army.. other than that it was just crap.. the "pinacle wolverine story" and NOT ONE BERSERKER RAGE? WHAT? NOT ONE OF HIS PINACLE ATTRIBUTES?!?!?!? you've gotta be joking!
not to mention the entire fight he had with gorgon his CIS was on 99%... "geee I've got all this experience in fighting and I'm supposed to be a strategic genious, and all this poking this gorgon guy isn't putting him down.. or even hurting him for that matter.. what do I do? what oh what could I possibly do to put this fight in my favor? hmmmm.. think wolverine think!/ think think think.... damnit.. okay now I'm getting my ass kicked again.. uh oh..." meanwhile I'm sitting on the sidelines reading this garbage about to scream at the comic *CHOP OFF HIS ARMS!.. JUST CUT HIM TO PEICES! YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO KILL HIM BUT YOU CAN SURE AS HELL CHOP HIM INTO MEAT CUBES! FIGHTS OVER, JUST DO IT ALREADY AND CUT HIM UP*

jinzin-watches helplessly as wolverine continues the stabing meathod...

*AWWW FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!*

King KAM
well it was "planned"

miller CLAIMED he was trying to make the pinicle wolverine story...

he just..

he...

HE FAILED UTTERLY... that's what he did dammit!

seriously.. I was reading that whole arch waiting for him to actually have a good brawl with someone.. what does he do in 75% of it.. has one panal put-downs and runs around killing non-recognizable heroes and villains.. or runs away cause he has prep to care care of the job. yeah.. great stuff roll eyes (sarcastic)

the only issue that was worth a crap IMO was his throw down with an entire ninja army.. other than that it was just crap.. the "pinacle wolverine story" and NOT ONE BERSERKER RAGE? WHAT? NOT ONE OF HIS PINACLE ATTRIBUTES?!?!?!? you've gotta be joking!
not to mention the entire fight he had with gorgo his CIS was on 99%... "geee I've got all this experience in fighting and I'm supposed to be a strategic genious, and all this poking this gorgon guy isn't putting him down.. or even hurting him for that matter.. what do I do? what oh what could I possibly do to put this fight in my favor? hmmmm.. think wolverine think!/ think think think.... damnit.. okay now I'm getting my ass kicked again.. uh oh..." meanwhile I'm sitting on the sidelines reading this garbage about to scream at the comic *CHOP OFF HIS ARMS!.. JUST CUT HIM TO PEICES! YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO KILL HIM BUT YOU CAN SURE AS HELL CHOP HIM INTO MEAT CUBES! FIGHTS OVER, JUST DO IT ALREADY AND CUT HIM UP*

jinzin-watches helpessly as wolverine continues the stabing meathod...

*AWWW FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!* sad.....

srankmissingnin
*RING* *RING*

"Hello, is Mark there?"

"Hey, Mark it's Marvel on the phone..."

"Oh, hey!"

"Yes, hi. Anyway we were wondering if you would like writer a comic-"

"Elektra?"

"... What?"

"Is it an Elektra story?"

"Um no, it's Wolverine."

"... that's okay I'm sure I can turn it into an Elektra story somehow"

"... "

*Millar hangs up and goes back to jerking off an Elektra poster*

King KAM
*RING* *RING*

"Hello, is Mark there?"

"Oh, hey!"

"Elektra?"

"... What?"

"Um no, it's Wolverine."

"... "

*Millar hangs up and goes back to jerking off an Elektra poster* hahahahahahaha, leave my hero alone!

srankmissingnin
hahahahahahaha, leave my hero alone!

Never!

jinzin
*RING* *RING*

"Hello, is Mark there?"

"Oh, hey!"

"Elektra?"

"... What?"

"Um no, it's Wolverine."

"... "

*Millar hangs up and goes back to jerking off an Elektra poster*

laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

that was awesome...

that was almost as good as MERC's account of DC hiring MIKE MIGNOLA of hellboy..

DC "well MIKE these are some really great pictures of squares but can you draw something with umm circles?

mike-"squares?"

DC-"ummm... no... circles..."

mike "oh... square."

DC"CIR....CLE"

mike-"SQU...ARE"

DC "grrr... C....I..."

mike-"S....Q.."

srankmissingnin
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

that was awesome...

that was almost as good as MERC's account of DC hiring MIKE MIGNOLA of hellboy..

DC "well MIKE these are some really great pictures of squares but can you draw something with umm circles?

mike-"squares?"

DC-"ummm... no... circles..."

mike "oh... square."

DC"CIR....CLE"

mike-"SQU...ARE"

DC "grrr... C....I..."

mike-"S....Q.."

LMAO I've never seen that. That's pure gold man

riceroost
I know that Wolverine used to be a respected martial artist before he joined the x-men and whatnot, but since then he focuses on using his claws more than anything else. So he lost all his martial arts ability??? Because he had claws??? He's had claws since he was 14 in 1896, why would joining the x-men, or focusing on claw combat make him lose his skills??? Your comment makes no sense at all.
bucky beat his ass, and yet, Cap PWNED bucky.....hmmmm Actually Wolverine beat Bucky, even though Bucky had prep and back-up. Cap did not pawn Bucky, he stalemated him. So technically Wolverine did better against Bucky then Cap did.
Originally posted by Soljer
I KNOW a bullet won't kill him, I don't want to see him getting shot, I'd like to see him dodge it. If you could get shot 10 times and heal the damage before you took 2 more steps, why would you bother dodging? Bt look no further than Wolverine Origins #3. He dodges automatic fire from Nuke, who has super speed and enhanced reflexes. Current source too.
ummmm.....no it doesnt..... he has sliced a robot..... but thats bout it.... Wolverine infiltrated th white house, one of the most secure places on the planet, while being public enemy #1 and having SHIELD spending much of their resources looking for him. He used teachings he learned as a samurai in Japan to annihilate a Shiva robot in 3 swings. You betray your lack of Wolverine knowledge by not knowing that Shiva learns from it's past battles and Wolverine taking one down in 1 second is very impressive. Especially considering that Shiva has a database of all Wolverine's skills and fighting maneuvers. Shiva can also activate Weapon X members memory implants, crippling them with psychological pain. Wolverine has also beat Nuke in issue #3, which is not yet out, but Nuke is stronger and faster than Wolverine. Wolverine wasn't even really trying to fight Nuke and he toys with him.
you'd think a guy who beats most of his opponents by cutting or gutting would NECESITATE a mature rating.. but hey that's just my opinion.. roll eyes (sarcastic) A EFFING MEN!!!!

King KAM
So he lost all his martial arts ability??? Because he had claws??? He's had claws since he was 14 in 1896, why would joining the x-men, or focusing on claw combat make him lose his skills??? Your comment makes no sense at all.
Actually Wolverine beat Bucky, even though Bucky had prep and back-up. Cap did not pawn Bucky, he stalemated him. So technically Wolverine did better against Bucky then Cap did.
If you could get shot 10 times and heal the damage before you took 2 more steps, why would you bother dodging? Bt look no further than Wolverine Origins #3. He dodges automatic fire from Nuke, who has super speed and enhanced reflexes. Current source too.
Wolverine infiltrated th white house, one of the most secure places on the planet, while being public enemy #1 and having SHIELD spending much of their resources looking for him. He used teachings he learned as a samurai in Japan to annihilate a Shiva robot in 3 swings. You betray your lack of Wolverine knowledge by not knowing that Shiva learns from it's past battles and Wolverine taking one down in 1 second is very impressive. Especially considering that Shiva has a database of all Wolverine's skills and fighting maneuvers. Shiva can also activate Weapon X members memory implants, crippling them with psychological pain. Wolverine has also beat Nuke in issue #3, which is not yet out, but Nuke is stronger and faster than Wolverine. Wolverine wasn't even really trying to fight Nuke and he toys with him.
A EFFING MEN!!!! wolverine beat buck??? and cap only stale mated???cap whailed on nuke.....and umm as for cap and bucky, cap through bucky through a window, then let him get up....

bucky had wolverine on the ground....now granted wolverine was coming back...but that wasnt due to skill, that was due to healing factor and durability.

Cosmo Kramer
This is a good thread. Does anyone else realize Saberooths first appearance was in a Iron Fist comic? Well thats where he came from. And that this fight is easy for Iron Fist it will be too simple actually.

Grimm22
then u clearly did not read the issue since bucky, with days of one sided prep still got his ass kicked, by a hand cuffed wolverine.

Also u clearly don't read wolverine stop acting like you do. It is rather annoying actually.

Dude get it in your head! I read Wolverine's book! mad

Grimm22
So he lost all his martial arts ability??? Because he had claws??? He's had claws since he was 14 in 1896, why would joining the x-men, or focusing on claw combat make him lose his skills??? Your comment makes no sense at all.

Um he hasnt used most of those skills in 20 years or so. Ever since joining the x-men, Wolverine's main skills have been, run straight at the guy and stab him.

Because of that, he has lost much of his skills that he once had no expression

Cosmo Kramer
Thats right

King KAM
Um he hasnt used most of those skills in 20 years or so. Ever since joining the x-men, Wolverine's main skills have been, run straight at the guy and stab him.

Because of that, he has lost much of his skills that he once had no expression co-sign

jinzin
Originally posted by Cosmo Kramer
This is a good thread. Does anyone else realize Saberooths first appearance was in a Iron Fist comic? Well thats where he came from. And that this fight is easy for Iron Fist it will be too simple actually.

pfffft.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

THAT sabretooth was a HUMAN BEING with clawed gloves... how that even COMPARES to a guy like current sabretooth or hell even 90's sabretooth is easily beyond my scope... but you can try to explain if you like.

Rewmac
Is Wolverine very angry in this fight?

jinzin

Because of that, he has lost much of his skills that he once had no expression

correction: that's how a number of various writers write him in team-books.. in wolverine books however he displays his skill all the time...

wait don't believe me? here's just one example of many,. and this is why capts convinced you don't read wolverine comics.. it's obvious that you don't ... i mean shit, you thought astonishing-wolverine was the best wolvierine representation out there, that doesn't do a lot for your wolverine credability as far as the people who DO read wolverine are concerned.. no

jinzin
Originally posted by Rewmac
Is Wolverine very angry in this fight?

shouldn't he be? assuming both characters are fighting to the best of their abilities.. wolverine would be like this...

Grimm22
correction: that's how a number of various writers write him in team-books.. in wolverine books however he displays his skill all the time...

wait don't believe me? here's just one example of many,. and this is why capts convinced you don't read wolverine comics.. it's obvious that you don't ... i mean shit, you thought astonishing-wolverine was the best wolvierine representation out there, that doesn't do a lot for your wolverine credability as far as the people who DO read wolverine are concerned.. no

Yes, Astonsihing X-men is the best represintation of Wolverine. Why? Because in it he is actually a good character. He isnt just some guy running around beating guys up for no reason. Also, Wolverine is not a wuss in Astonishing no

Of course how dare the great Wolverine lose a fight eek!

King KAM
shouldn't he be? assuming both characters are fighting to the best of their abilities.. wolverine would be like this... now jinzin i know what the pic says.... but he looks like a wild beast....

jinzin
Yes, Astonsihing X-men is the best represintation of Wolverine. Why? Because in it he is actually a good character. He isnt just some guy running around beating guys up for no reason. Also, Wolverine is not a wuss in Astonishing no

unfortunatley for your rather absurd and pathetic argument that isnt how he's represented anywhere.. What the f**k?

he has SOME decent moments but a large majority of his appearances in the book are out of character... wolverine is not a jane character.. he's more a clint eastwood type... but hey how would you know that? I mean you barely know jack shit about the guy...

Of course how dare the great Wolverine lose a fight eek! this isn't why we don't like whedon's wolverine.. you need to start acknowledging our actual comments instead of making up your own to argue against... it has nothing to do with wolverine winning or losing fights, it's how he's represented.. he's the comic relief nuff said...
oh wait don't believe me? here...

http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?image=astonishing7pg1sm0ws4of.jpg
http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=astonishing7pg5sm7zu2pt.jpg

I'm sorry.. while this shit myight be funny it's hardly how wolvie needs to be presented a majority of the time.. but in astonishing.. it is.. and there's something wrong with that...

tell me, why does it make sense for the entire x-team to fail while fighting danger, and all it took was beast to go berserker rage?

isn't wolverine more welll known for berserker rages? is that not one of his trade marks? are his claws not entirely more efficient cutting and killing devices?

and yet that's what happens in astonishing... it's just nowhere NEAR the way he should be presented... and the way you THINK he's presentedelsewhere is nothing more than a huge fabrication... this is retarded...

jinzin
now jinzin i know what the pic says.... but he looks like a wild beast....
eek!

EXACTLY... he LOOKS like a while beast but it's just a comic panal meant to be visually interesting to the human eye.. there's hardly ANY reason for people to say wolverine doesn't have fighting ability when he consistently proes that he does, and when marvel consistently gives him those stats... it's too much solid evidence to ignore.. but oh wait.. we don't consider wolverine's stats unless we don't like something he's doing with his speed or strength.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Soljer
Errmm...not disagreeing with either you, Jinzin, or Grimm22.

However, neither of you can say "Wolverine is better represented in X because of Y," it's an opinion, first and foremost. You don't like astonishing's Wolverine? Fine. That doesn't mean that it isn't wolverine. You don't like any BUT astonishing's wolverine? Fine, doesn't mean all those others don't exist. Jesus, fight over who would win in a fight, but don't fight over your own opinions, its pointless, guys.

Swanky-Tuna
Wolverine needs to be taken down a couple notches. The 90's are over and samurais and "looking cool" are boring now.

Grimm22
unfortunatley for your rather absurd and pathetic argument that isnt how he's represented anywhere.. What the f**k?

he has SOME decent moments but a large majority of his appearances in the book are out of character... wolverine is not a jane character.. he's more a clint eastwood type... but hey how would you know that? I mean you barely know jack shit about the guy...

this isn't why we don't like whedon's wolverine.. you need to start acknowledging our actual comments instead of making up your own to argue against... it has nothing to do with wolverine winning or losing fights, it's how he's represented.. he's the comic relief nuff said...
oh wait don't believe me? here...

http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?image=astonishing7pg1sm0ws4of.jpg
http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=astonishing7pg5sm7zu2pt.jpg

I'm sorry.. while this shit myight be funny it's hardly how wolvie needs to be presented a majority of the time.. but in astonishing.. it is.. and there's something wrong with that...

tell me, why does it make sense for the entire x-team to fail while fighting danger, and all it took was beast to go berserker rage?

isn't wolverine more welll known for berserker rages? is that not one of his trade marks? are his claws not entirely more efficient cutting and killing devices?

and yet that's what happens in astonishing... it's just nowhere NEAR the way he should be presented... and the way you THINK he's presentedelsewhere is nothing more than a huge fabrication... this is retarded...

Wolverine is more than just comic relief in Astonishing.

Whendon just avoids using Wolverine as THE key player in the book like other X-books do.

Oh and Danger got defeated by Beast because not only was she injured, but Beast acted very out of character there and since she revolves around how they trained and what not in the danger room, Beast was able to catch her off guard wink

Oh and the astonishing team as cyclops put it is there to make a impact on the public who the x-men are. If wolverine simply went around killing everybody he saw, that wouldnt exactly bode well with what the team is trying to represent. no expression

Im suprised that Wolverine fans arent rejoicing over Astonishing as Wolverine is much less of a "im going to run straight at you and stab you" strategy and focuses more on skills and teamwork big grin

jinzin
Wolverine is more than just comic relief in Astonishing.

Whendon just avoids using Wolverine as THE key player in the book like other X-books do.
he also avoids using him seriously which is a serious poblem for making a good rep of wolvie..

Oh and Danger got defeated by Beast because not only was she injured, but Beast acted very out of character there and since she revolves around how they trained and what not in the danger room, Beast was able to catch her off guard wink
you've missed the point yet again...
beast beat her using a berskerker rage but wolvie couldn't?

cause he didn't have one.. cause whedon doesn't write pinacle versions of each character especially wolverine like you implied earlier...

Oh and the astonishing team as cyclops put it is there to make a impact on the public who the x-men are. If wolverine simply went around killing everybody he saw, that wouldnt exactly bode well with what the team is trying to represent. no expression

because wolverine has always cared about what cyclops, the government, or hell anyone for that matter thinks of him.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm guessing you missed out on why he's on the new avengers in the first place huh? wink

Im suprised that Wolverine fans arent rejoicing over Astonishing as Wolverine is much less of a "im going to run straight at you and stab you" strategy and focuses more on skills and teamwork big grin sadly this is true as compared with other teambooks.. not wolvie books however.

Grimm22
he also avoids using him seriously which is a serious poblem for making a good rep of wolvie..

you've missed the point yet again...
beast beat her using a berskerker rage but wolvie couldn't?

cause he didn't have one.. cause whedon doesn't write pinacle versions of each character especially wolverine like you implied earlier...

because wolverine has always cared about what cyclops, the government, or hell anyone for that matter thinks of him.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm guessing you missed out on why he's on the new avengers in the first place huh? wink

sadly this is true as compared with other teambooks.. not wolvie books however.

Ok the whole Beast beating Danger was kind of silly, i'll give you that stick out tongue

I think Wolverine dosent exactly care about what Cyclops thinks or what not, but he understands that this goes beyond what he thinks, and that it has a deep impact on Xavier's Dream no expression

Wolverine is on the new avengers because he's one of Marvel's poster boys stick out tongue

Pretty much yeah, Wolverine is usually portrayed better in his own book, especially the latest issue where he was in africa wink

jinzin

I think Wolverine dosent exactly care about what Cyclops thinks or what not, but he understands that this goes beyond what he thinks, and that it has a deep impact on Xavier's Dream no expression
he also understand that he needs to tak the necessary actions when others are too afraid to...

Wolverine is on the new avengers because he's one of Marvel's poster boys stick out tongue

more accurately because he can go to that place the rest of the team can't.... he'll kill... they won't.. simple as.

Grimm22
he also understand that he needs to tak the necessary actions when others are too afraid to...

more accurately because he can go to that place the rest of the team can't.... he'll kill... they won't.. simple as.

True, that is mainly why Wolverine is on the astonishing team, but Joss Whendon isnt going to portray Wolverine as a freakin maniac either no

Yeah yeah yeah that copout of an explanation Bendis said to have Wolverine on the team roll eyes (sarcastic)

Seriously, a better explanation would be...

Logan: Hey bub, I need to be on the New Avengers

Iron Man: Why Wolverine?

Logan: Because, then i'll have been on all of the big marvel teams stick out tongue

jinzin
i honestly think it was a perfectly reasonable and sound explanation to have him in the team, if they had him on the team before dissassembled the aformentioned events including house of m would not have come to pass..

Grimm22
i honestly think it was a perfectly reasonable and sound explanation to have him in the team, if they had him on the team before dissassembled the aformentioned events including house of m would not have come to pass..

Of course that reminds me of House of M #1 where one moment Wolverine says that he is willing to kill Wanda then the next he is saying that they shouldnt kill her no expression

Jeese Wolverine, such a flip flopper stick out tongue

King KAM
eek!

EXACTLY... he LOOKS like a while beast but it's just a comic panal meant to be visually interesting to the human eye.. there's hardly ANY reason for people to say wolverine doesn't have fighting ability when he consistently proes that he does, and when marvel consistently gives him those stats... it's too much solid evidence to ignore.. but oh wait.. we don't consider wolverine's stats unless we don't like something he's doing with his speed or strength.. roll eyes (sarcastic) jinzin........do you really consider wolverine a better fighter than Cap...and i am being serious....

jinzin
completely and utterly serious:

yes...

yes I do.

King KAM
completely and utterly serious:

yes...

yes I do. ..... i used to give you credit.....now.... now i just feel like i dont know you anymore *walks off with his head held low*

jinzin
laughing out loud

how did I know you were gonna take that so badly? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sea King
im going with wolve on this one

King KAM
laughing out loud

how did I know you were gonna take that so badly? roll eyes (sarcastic) because the jinzin i know didnt used to be a liar... * sits on a bench and just glares at the ground*

jinzin
laughing

Rewmac
Nothing can take an angry Wolverine laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing laughing

Grimm22
Originally posted by Rewmac
Nothing can take an angry Wolverine laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing laughing

Except......pancakes! eek!

King KAM
Except......pancakes! eek! and his(rewmac) motha...

Wolverine2006
Wolverine outclasses him in H2H without the claws and stuff Wolverine would use his training to the fullest and pimp slap that slipper wearin weirdo.

bigbran
until if catches him and knocks him out.

batdude123
I'll say Wolverine.

capt it up
wolverine for sure .

bigbran
ill go with the underdog, if

capt it up
ill go with the underdog, if
WHY?
can u give us reason's why?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>