Devil's Due Publishing "RIPPED offer"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

srankmissingnin
I don't know if anyone has heard about this but DDP's special offer going on right now but I will fill you in on it. For those people who only buy titles Marvel and DC put out each month DDP is trying to get you to check out their titles, so if you have a crappy comic from one of the "Big Two" rip off the cover and send it to DDP! For ever cover you send (must be a recent cover) they send you a free book!

... Now I'm 100% agaisn't ripping the covers off books so instead of doing that I say just go by some DDP comics! I am constantly impressed by the work these guys do and I bet you will be too.

Hit up www.devilsdue.net if you want more info

ST0RM SHAD0W
What do you read from them?

srankmissingnin
Rigth now just G.I. Joe and the Forgotten Realms books although I pick up a Dragonlance book from time to time. But I also read both Mega City 909 and Mu (both are great, Mega City reminded me of an unfinished comic series a read but can remember about a swordsman from hell who had the stop the devils son from getting a sword... it was great)when they were out (that art was just amazing!) and the Streetfighter and Darkstalkers titles as well. I also really injoyed a few lines in their "Aftermath" titles (Infantry and Breakdown).

jinzin
devil's due = punk

yeah it's been a looonnnnnnng time since I picked up a G.I.JOE comic.. and then DD came along.. that changes REAL quick.. I love what they're doing with america's elite...

damn man how did you find out about the ripped covers offer? I don't see any adds for that...

also... didn't SF branch off of DD into strictly UDON? or am I mistaken?

srankmissingnin
SF was a joint DDP/UDON work I believe. I think they outsource the art to various companies sometimes because I seem to recall Studio Ice did some work with them also.

And LARRY HAMMA back on G.I. Joe!!!!!! I know the guy got a lot of hate for his Batman run (he deserved it too) but his G.I. Joe and Wolverine runs were awesome IMO.

ST0RM SHAD0W
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Rigth now just G.I. Joe and the Forgotten Realms books although I pick up a Dragonlance book from time to time. But I also read both Mega City 909 and Mu (both are great, Mega City reminded me of an unfinished comic series a read but can remember about a swordsman from hell who had the stop the devils son from getting a sword... it was great)when they were out (that art was just amazing!) and the Streetfighter and Darkstalkers titles as well. I also really injoyed a few lines in their "Aftermath" titles (Infantry and Breakdown).

Thats cool, all I get from them is G.I Joe, some Hack/Slash and Blade of
Kumori.

There's a artist/writer there though that I really like named Josh Howard.

I missed alot of the issues for Black Harvest, so I'll probably just get the TPB of it.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by ST0RM SHAD0W
Thats cool, all I get from them is G.I Joe, some Hack/Slash and Blade of
Kumori.

There's a artist/writer there though that I really like named Josh Howard.

I missed alot of the issues for Black Harvest, so I'll probably just get the TPB of it.

I pick up some Hack/Slash every know and again but it isn't really my style.

I'm on a mission to read every G.I. Joe issue ever made. I'm pretty close I think. Haven't read the orginal "Special Missions" Marvel run, some of the year books or the Darkhorse run (which I really dont want to read... if anyone remembers that OTHER G.I. Joe cartoon they know why)

Damn you Klaw! Damn you!

DarkCrawler
Never got into G.I JOE, but the Forgotten Realms series is great. thumb up

DigiMark007
I think they do the Drizzt comics....so yeah, they kick ass!

I can get about 40 cheap-ass comics for around $10 at my local comic place (they have a wonderfully big bargain section). I might actually consider that cover thing....

Juntai
The Drizzt comics do kick ass. As a fan of the novels I had to buy the comics. I've missed a couple issues because the comic shop here in town has only carried a few coppies each time it comes in... but I'll find them.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Juntai
The Drizzt comics do kick ass. As a fan of the novels I had to buy the comics. I've missed a couple issues because the comic shop here in town has only carried a few coppies each time it comes in... but I'll find them.

I think you can buy them off the devils due website posted earlier. I wait until they issue them as collections though, so that I can read them kinda like the novels rather than as individual TPB's (there's 3 tpb's for each book).

badabing
Forgotten Realms? I used to read those books.

srankmissingnin
I started reading the actual books because the are always instock at Chapters, unlike the books from other series I read. I got passed the fact that Salvatore is a sub par writer because I find a couple of his characters interesting. I think DDP has done a great job adapting them to comic form.

DigiMark007
I started reading the actual books because the are always instock at Chapters, unlike the books from other series I read. I got passed the fact that Salvatore is a sub par writer because I find a couple of his characters interesting. I think DDP has done a great job adapting them to comic form.

You just have to look past his shortcomings to see the things he's very good at. Writing for Drizzt made him one of the best writers out there for 1-on-1 or small scale battles. His way of describing a fight seems like a finely-choreographed dance, and it's sweet as hell.

So yeah, not the best writer, but if you write that many novels about (essentially) the same characters, any writer is bound to develope them into decent characters.

And yeah, the comics rock. I have Homeland and Exile, and I'm waiting till August for Sojourn to be done. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.