Explosions In The Sky- Why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan
Why does everyone love EITS so much? Listening to their albums all the way through is like listening to one ten-minute song over and over. But everyone's all over them like they're goddamn Brahms or something.

Am I the only one who doesn't like them?

Df02
not your thing perhaps?

i think theyre brilliant

papabeard
Yeah I know what you mean, only heard a few songs but they do seem repetitive and a bit boring.

Darth Revan
Their music doesn't go anywhere. It's nice and all, but I keep expecting them to build up to something, and they never do.

Alpha Centauri
I own music by them.

They're lame, nothing compared to Godspeed (the best, first and unsurpassable of that genre) and a few others to a lesser degree. It has nothing to do with the fact that they have long songs, because I give my attention to music, they're just lame.

-AC

Darth Revan
I'm not complaining about the length of the songs; I can listen to two-hour symphonies without being bored, if it's good music. The problem with EITS is that they go on for what seems like forever without actually going anywhere. It's not even emotional, it's just meandering nonsense.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, that's the problem with them.

I can't say I've ever thought that about another band of that nature, even if they are not as good as Godspeed (which is always).

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.