Which Form do u use?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheBalance

Blue_Hefner
Djem So or Juyo. I dont know how you tell the difference between them.

You put Shien twice.

TheBalance
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Djem So or Juyo. I dont know how you tell the difference between them.

You put Shien twice.

read about it,
the first is a Shien form mixed with Djem So
the second is a Shien form of its own accord its a does have alot of differances...

Darth Vious
I've studied european and Japanese fencing, so my style of fencing is closest to Makashi, and then Soresu, with the disjointed moves of Vaapad linking the two forms.

Legion_of_Maul
i use Teras Kasi, but Makashi for one sword. and for two i use Vapaad.

Razielim
Djem So pwns.

Legion_of_Maul
Like so totally awsome goodness, like like like like like so totally pwns?

Rampant ox
Makashi is by far the best. With it you are a nearly unbeatable opponent. And then there is the fact the great Count Dooku used and mastered it!!!

Count Kent
Ataru.

Legion_of_Maul
haha, a basic form eh? o well, we all have our favorites.

Kraken
Form II: Makashi

Sesse
none? Because its fiction?

DE Luke
@Sesse:Agreed.

But when I took a test on which form best suited me,I got Vaapad.big grin

Legion_of_Maul
oh, cool where did you take the test?

DE Luke
Originally posted by Legion_of_Maul
oh, cool where did you take the test? Forgot,but it was on another forum.

Null ARC Avis
http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=23485 can help. i got makashi.

Razielim
Luke uses form V, Anakin uses form V...

IT RUNS IN THE FAMILY!

Boris
Originally posted by Sesse

I use this too, I find it works pretty well.

Escape81
I use a form which doesn't require the use of the Force, a lightsaber, or any training.

Pretty cool. :P

Blue_Hefner
You scored as Form IV: Ataru.

The master practitioners of the �Way of the Hawk-Bat," make extensive use of acrobatic manoeuvres often thought not physically possible. Qui-Gon Jinn and Yoda were both masters of Form IV, as shown in their duels against Darth Maul and Count Dooku, respectively. In dire situations, Form IV practitioner use the Force to aid in their acrobatics. Spinning, jumping and running very fast and very high, masters of Form IV are sometimes only seen as a blur. In order to achieve the acrobatic prowess, a Jedi Master would focus on the Force, letting it flow deeply throughout his entire physicality.

Form IV: Ataru

83%

75%

Form V: Shien

67%

Form VII: Juyo/ Vaapaad

64%

Form VI: Niman

31%

Form III: Soresu

17%

DE Luke
What Avis posted is the test I took ,results:

You scored as Form VII: Juyo/ Vaapaad.
http://images.quizfarm.com/1113174043formvii.jpg

Dubbed the "Way of the Vornskr," Form VII was an incomplete form for millennia. It was further developed by Jedi Master Mace Windu, who could complete it with his, "Vaapaad" style. The most challenging and demanding of all forms, Form VII requires extreme, intense focus, high levels of skill, and mastery of other forms. Only two Jedi have ever mastered Form VII fully, Mace Windu and Depa Billaba. One other Jedi, Sora Bulq, mastered its physical aspects but was overwhelmed by the required mental discipline. Form VII, when fully mastered, results in extraordinary power.

Form VII: Juyo/ Vaapaad 86%

Form V: Shien 86%

Form VI: Niman 78%

Form II: Makashi 75%

Form IV: Ataru 75%

Form III: Soresu 45%

TheBalance
Originally posted by Rampant ox
Makashi is by far the best. With it you are a nearly unbeatable opponent. And then there is the fact the great Count Dooku used and mastered it!!!

and got killed

the unbeatable form is III Soresu but though u might be unbeatable with it u cant beat someone else... Trust Me!!!

TheBalance

the forms are actually real, the history isn't and they have just morphed the style to lightsaber, none of them deflect laser bolts but the acient samurai art of Soresu was known to cut arrows as they flew at the target avoiding a hit.

Trust...

Me...

ESB - 1138
Originally posted by Darth Vious
I've studied european and Japanese fencing, so my style of fencing is closest to Makashi, and then Soresu, with the disjointed moves of Vaapad linking the two forms.

I see I have a fellow fencer of the fine arts. I too would be closest to Makashi considering I have studied European and Japanese fencing for some years now.

TheBalance
Originally posted by Escape81
I use a form which doesn't require the use of the Force, a lightsaber, or any training.

Pretty cool. :P

oh, u use form Zero very noble and jedi like of u i respect a man who can treat violance as the last resort

jollyjim311
Shien, excelling at defence, but turning it into offence. Or good ol' Soresu, I want to stay alive more than I want to be able to kill my opponent. Either one or a mixture of them.

TheBalance
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Shien, excelling at defence, but turning it into offence. Or good ol' Soresu, I want to stay alive more than I want to be able to kill my opponent. Either one or a mixture of them.

very wise and jedi like

Pyro Tyrannus
Makashi.

Darth Kreiger
You scored as Form II: Makashi.

After Form I's proliferation as a saber combat technique, Form II or "Way of the Ysalamiri," came about as a means of lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat. It is described as being very elegant, powerful, and requiring extreme precision. The blade manipulation required for this form is very refined and requires much focus, but the results are extremely powerful. Count Dooku, from Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, has mastered Form II to the highest degree, fighting with the precision built into the ancient technique.

86%

64%

61%

56%

42%

33%

w00t I'm a Dooku zorro alien

Decay
i got form 2, followed by a tie between 3 and 5, which is exactly what id have said i wanted. i love the precision and efficency of dooku, but id also like to be able to successfully fight someone who was using a physical form with great skill.

form 2 seems to have a bit of a weakness in taking on the more physical forms, so id choose 2, supplemented by 5, and ive always thought 3 was cool becuase its so energy efficent. but it could potentially waste alot of time that doesnt need to be wasted, especially if someones life is in danger or something similar. its no good being invincble if you dont have the offencive skills to overcome an opponent, otherwise its just an endless duel.

ESB - 1138
I may go with Form V because I like to be on the offensive. The best defense is a good offense.

overlord
I'd pick Shienn, the most aggresive because I am cool like that.
Ushgarak would pick the moderating form, I know this because they call him 'the moderator....'

Geekonthainside

Why are u even here the whole things fiction!!!!

DE Luke
Still,mine is the best,hell it even says so in the results.

Brotz
As a Mandalorian swordsman, I'm very aggressive and put alot of passion into my fighting, making the closest thing to what I use Form VII.

Count Kent

86%

83%

78%

78%

70%

53%

Akira99
I would have a Silver whipsword using Form 7 as an extension of Form 5 mostly and whatever form using a lightwhip is

KingDubya
By how I fight in sparring matches with my friends using various wooden "swords", I would be using Jar'Kai under most circumstances. But if I had to use one of the orthodox forms, it would be Soresu.

Sith Lord Windu
Originally posted by Rampant ox

Id put Vaapad above it because Mace uses it and he mastered it but you have a good point.

1. Vaapad becuase you own with it and can harness part of the dark side safely!

2. Makashi because look How good an old man was with it!

3. Ataru because im a short ass and using that style would even things up!

Sith Lord Windu
I just did the test and got the best style EVER, Vaapad!

read this:

Dubbed the "Way of the Vornskr," Form VII was an incomplete form for millennia. It was further developed by Jedi Master Mace Windu, who could complete it with his, "Vaapaad" style. The most challenging and demanding of all forms, Form VII requires extreme, intense focus, high levels of skill, and mastery of other forms. Only two Jedi have ever mastered Form VII fully, Mace Windu and Depa Billaba. One other Jedi, Sora Bulq, mastered its physical aspects but was overwhelmed by the required mental discipline. Form VII, when fully mastered, results in extraordinary power.

Power requirements.

Form VII: Juyo/ Vaapaad 89%

Form II: Makashi 81%

Form V: Shien 75%

Form IV: Ataru 59%

Form VI: Niman 47%

Form III: Soresu 39%

IT ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

Pyro Tyrannus
No offense to anyone but isn't Vapaad Shien on PCP? I got 100% Makashi on the test, no bullshiting. . .

balanced_blade
Mine would be Makashi all the way. Theres something about being unbeatable against another lightsaber wielder.

And keep in mind that Dooku clearly was not trying in RotS.
1. He held both Anakin and Obi-Wan and toyed with Obi-Wan the entire time.
2. He did not expect Anakin to call on the DS that strongly.
3. Sidious told him not to kill Anakin because it was entirely and, had he not intervened with that order, inevitably possible.

And to, Makashi is quick and doesnt tire one out, and Exar Kun used it, oh yeah...

phreak_v2.o
i took the test

Form IV: Ataru 78%
Form II: Makashi 64%
Form VII: Juyo/ Vaapaad 64%
Form V: Shien 58%
Form III: Soresu 36%
Form VI: Niman 36%

MEDVOCK
Form I - Shii-Cho

Simplicity is best.

GM Nebaris
You scored as Form V: Shien.

Form V is a powerful style developed by Form III practitioners that preferred a more offensive angle. The defensive nature of Form III dangerously prolonged combat. The maxim "peace through superior firepower," encompasses the philosophy of Form V, also called the "Way of the Krayt Dragon." Anakin and Luke Skywalker are both practitioners of Form V. Form V focuses a bit on having defensive skills, but channelling defence into offence. The example is commonly used that while Form III combatants effortlessly deflect laser bolts, Form V practitioners excel at redirecting the laser bolt toward the opponent.

83%

83%

83%

83%

70%

58%

Lord Saboteur
You scored as Form V: Shien/Djem So

Form V is a powerful style developed by Form III practitioners that preferred a more offensive angle. The defensive nature of Form III dangerously prolonged combat. The maxim "peace through superior firepower," encompasses the philosophy of Form V, also called the "Way of the Krayt Dragon." Anakin and Luke Skywalker are both practitioners of Form V. Form V focuses a bit on having defensive skills, but channelling defence into offence. The example is commonly used that while Form III combatants effortlessly deflect laser bolts, Form V practitioners excel at redirecting the laser bolt toward the opponent.

Form V: Shien/Djem So 78%

Form IV: Ataru 64%

Form II: Makashi 61%

Form III: Soresu 59%

Form VI: Niman 56%

Form VII: Juyo/ Vaapad 50%

GM Nebaris
lol I just took the test again and I got different results.

You scored as Form IV: Ataru.

The master practitioners of the "Way of the Hawk-Bat," make extensive use of acrobatic manoeuvres often thought not physically possible. Qui-Gon Jinn and Yoda were both masters of Form IV, as shown in their duels against Darth Maul and Count Dooku, respectively. In dire situations, Form IV practitioner use the Force to aid in their acrobatics. Spinning, jumping and running very fast and very high, masters of Form IV are sometimes only seen as a blur. In order to achieve the acrobatic prowess, a Jedi Master would focus on the Force, letting it flow deeply throughout his entire physicality.

86%

81%

81%

78%

78%

64%

Archangelysses
I just took that quiz and got Form V - Djem So

GM Nebaris
You scored as Form VII: Juyo/ Vaapaad.

80%

75%

75%

69%

64%

58%

Brotz
I thought Juyo, but now I think that the movements are dangerous for me, and Shii-Cho and Djem So also use emotion. I use side-sweeps, so Shien isn't out of the question. I like brutal power and simplicity, so probably a combination of Shii-Cho, Shien, and some Ataru for quick evasion when fighting a superior opponent.

Sexyback

Valdis05

72%

61%

58%

53%

50%

50%

so im gonna say Ataru

kamhal
Form VII: Juyo/ Vaapaad - 89%

Form V: Shien - 80%

Form II: Makashi - 75%

Form IV: Ataru - 72%

Form VI: Niman 64%

Form III: Soresu 28%

To me Juyo is the best. Why? It's not as predicable and simple as shii-cho, can be use in lightsaber duel but has not the bolt deflection weakeness like makashi (so can e used in field fight during war times), is faster and not so defensive as Soresho (how makes the fight too long for my taste), has acrobatic moves but nothing like Ataru, how compromise his defense greatly, has almost the same kenetic power as Djem So, yet his strikes are faster (more strikes with less power), what means less time open to an attack from your foe, and it's not so static as Djem So, and it's much better then Niman that has not strength at all...

So, the only counterback from this technique is the fact that brings you close to the dark side, but if you have selfcontrol as windu or Vos, or if you are a grey adept like Bindo or even Revan, i don't see a problem at all. Also, i would like to point out that people already used juyo before the vaadpad appeared (Maul for example), so i personally like to think the vaadpad as a "variant" from the juyo, and i think in history people had already made his own variant from juyo.

Kadesh
Well vaapad was invented by mace

Blaxican
I'd have to go with Soresu. It's very Jedi like anyway.

Sexyback
Ataru has the most potential, Yoda shows this.

Darth Martin
A combination of Vapaad and Makashi. Honestly in the films besides Yodas hoppin around, Dookus form was the coolest.

Blaxican
Originally posted by Sexyback
Ataru has the most potential, Yoda shows this.

Most potenial? Nah.

For any REAL human Ataru would not be a practical form. It takes too much acrobatic skill, a level of skill that no human sized being would be able to replicate effecitvly.

TheBalance
But it has nothing to do with size or species, only your mind young padawan! Only your mind...

allfg
TheBalance, can you make me a sig, it would be much appreciated.

Count Makashi
You scored as Form II: Makashi.

After Form I's proliferation as a saber combat technique, Form II or "Way of the Ysalamiri," came about as a means of lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat. It is described as being very elegant, powerful, and requiring extreme precision. The blade manipulation required for this form is very refined and requires much focus, but the results are extremely powerful. Count Dooku, from Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, has mastered Form II to the highest degree, fighting with the precision built into the ancient technique.

Form II: Makashi 100%

Form VII: Juyo/ Vaapaad 81%

Form III: Soresu 59%

Form V: Shien 50%

Form VI: Niman 45%

Form IV: Ataru 42%

What a cool test, Makashi is the best.

Darth Anakin16
i would choose djem so

Jathen Moors
You Scored as Form VII: Juyo/ Vaapaad

92%
72%
67%
64%
22%
8%

I would use vaapad but with thee added ability comoing from jar'kai as seen in darth bane.

Slash_KMC
Interesting. smile

mattatom
Apparently I'm Vapaad, hmph I thought i'd be Ataru nevermind!

Lord Lucien
Makashi. I'm just so... graceful like that.

mattatom
*coughs* You being serious?

onewiththeforce
Niman is a great form perfect balance

Darth Exodus
Ataru. Offence bi*ches!!

CadoAngelus
VAAPAD...loving that.

It's funny really, i've been reading The Clone Wars graphic novels, and Windu is a master of Vaapad, but when he trains someone in the jedi arts, and the guy does a Vaapad move, Windu force pushes him to the group and says "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"...

Jinsoku Takai
While of course dedicating my life to become extremely adept at all styles, I'd focus primarily on mastering Vaapad, w/ Ataru as a supplemental style. However, because of my extreme inner darkness and pent up rage one might predict that Vaapad would master me. But I argue that, for this very same reason, it would allow for incredible lethality, especially coupled w/ Ataru and it's unpredictable movements.

RaidenDeadpool
Makashi and Soresu are the forms that best fit my personality. Calm, collected, not easily defeated.

A lot of people like to b/itch to me that Vapaad is "teh ub3rrr of da formz!!11!". Vapaad is a powerful form. But even Mace stated he created the form to counter his own weakness or something like that.

Makashi was the ultimate refinement of duelling and true Soresu masters' were deemed invincible.

I'll take finesse and an impenetrable defense as opposed to walking the line between light and dark and swingin my weapon around like some uncivilized viking...

Brute strength doesn't always solve a battle. ( It has helped me finish some fights before they started.. )

Sometimes experience, technique, smarts, and a strategic mindset are what decide battles of any kind.

Darth Sevius
After taking the quiz, I scored as the following:

You Scored as Form V: Shien

81%
75%
64%
56%
34%
28%

Red Nemesis
Form of: the weakest quiz ever!

Lord Lucien
Red, they found this quiz in a box of Frankenberries.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.