ESB Vader runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
He gets 4 hours of rest between each battle. During this time he's allowed to fix or try and fix anything that got injured on/in his suit during his battles. Here's the line-up:
1. AOTC Obi-Wan
2. ROTS Kit Fisto
3. Darth Maul
4. Sora Bulq (near ROTS)
5. General Grievous prior to the injuries Mace delt to him (as portrayed in EU sources other than the cartoon, which was bs)
6. ROTS Obi-Wan
7. ROTS Dooku
8. ANH Obi-Wan and TPM Qui-Gon Jinn
9. ROTS Sidious and Vader (pre-suit)

Null ARC Avis
dooku

Razielim
7. Lightning + accomplished duelist with 70 years of Makashi mastery under his belt + excellent force user = Vader's probably not going to make it.

Rampant ox
I would say Greivous. Vader isnt fast enough to block all of his attacks. But if by some miracle he makes it past he will lose to the great Count Dooku.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Rampant ox
I would say Greivous. Vader isnt fast enough to block all of his attacks. But if by some miracle he makes it past he will lose to the great Count Dooku.
Have you all forgot about Obi-Wan? Or are you just assuming that he will beat him with the Force?

Anyway, Grievous is fast and strong, I wouldn't be surprised if he beats Vader, under normal circumstances Vader would probably beat him but he will be tired from fights 1-4, mainly 3 and 4. If he makes it past Grievous I think he'll be to tired, and possibly injured, to beat Kenobi. And if somehow he beats Kenobi Dooku takes him for sure.

Hokage Yoda
Originally posted by Razielim
7. Lightning + accomplished duelist with 70 years of Makashi mastery under his belt + excellent force user = Vader's probably not going to make it.

jollyjim311
Probably Dooku. None of the previous contenders are pushovers, so an injured/ fatigued Vader loses to Dooku.

darthsith19
What about Obi-Wan?

jollyjim311
Vader beats him up with the force, until they enter melee. A bloody Kenobi is eventually beaten by a worn down Vader. Vader just doesn't have enough strength for the next round to stand up to an opponent who excels in both saber skills and the force such as Dooku.

Razielim
One of the main reasons I think Dooku > Vader is lightning. Sure, he can block it with his saber it still puts pressure on Vader to keep his saber in an easily accesible position.

Jonathan Mark
Seriously Jollyjim... you are a Vader fanboy, by the time he makes it to Obi he's gonna be f**king exhausted... if he makes it that far all.

jollyjim311
Vader can, of course wear down, but he is mostly machine. He doesn't get exhausted in the same sense that normal beings do. Also, injuries are lessened due to his armor, so, yes he'll be tired, but not as bad as a normal person would be. Of course, when I look at the line up again, no one is a pushover, and in melee, they are all fast and would drain your energy. He may go down at Obi because of his fatigue. It all depends on if he starts the fights at a distance far enough from his enemies to punk them all with the force.

darthsith19
Yes, Jim is a little biased but Avis said Dooku, too. Snd about Vader getting tired, he gets tired more easily, hear him breathe in ANH and ROTJ during his duels? I'd be very surprised if he got pasted Obi-Wan.

Null ARC Avis
yea it all depends on how far away they start. if Vader can use the force than he can probably beat a lot of people only with that. i mean in clone wars adventures 2 he moved a huge in-atmospheric station as a padawan. He can easily push most of these people around with the force.

jollyjim311
Yeah, Vader has his fair share of abilities with the force...

Vader pushes a Jedi while in melee: http://www.swcomics.com/Empire_Era_c.php?i=13&f=36&name=Purge

Renders a Jedi completely immobile using the force: http://www.swcomics.com/Empire_Era_c.php?i=15&f=36&name=Purge

Tosses his severed hand into an attacking Jedi: http://www.swcomics.com/Empire_Era_c.php?i=18&f=36&name=Purge

Holds master Tsui Choi immobile with the force:
http://www.swcomics.com/Empire_Era_c.php?i=22&f=36&name=Purge

Has a countless number of these under his belt: http://www.swcomics.com/empire_c.php?i=19&f=1&name=Star_Wars_-_Empire_1

It's safe to say a simple force push is above average from him... like a f'ing rag doll: http://www.swcomics.com/empire_c.php?i=21&f=3&name=Star_Wars_-_Empire_3

Once again, not a bad force push: http://www.swcomics.com/empire_c.php?i=14&f=14&name=Star_Wars_-_Empire_14_The_Savage_Heart

Punks a few people at the same time...: http://www.swcomics.com/empire_c.php?i=8&f=19&name=Star_Wars_-_Empire_19

Vader takes his typical choking a step further than usual on this officer...: http://www.swcomics.com/republic_c.php?i=6&f=78&name=Rise_of_Vader_-_Loyalties

And in RODV he does plenty, such as throwing his lightsaber, over what can be assumed to be a great distance, and killing one person and another only lived due to immediate medical attention, even though a Jedi is trying to stop it from doing so.

Also, to be fair to Vader, that is only force abilities, if anyone doubts him as a duelist...

jollyjim311
So, a tired Vader is beaten by Dooku.

Xepeyon
Tired? I thought he gets rested and repaired each round. Personally I really, truly hate Count Dooku(no offense Rampant Ox). He never seemed as evil as the other sith lords(Sidious, Malak, Vader, Marka Freedon ect.). The only force powers you see him do (in the movies) are an apparently weaker force lightning(Kenobi blocked it with ease, Anakin got up in like three minutes from it, Yoda easily deflected with his hand), and force push. He got known because of his duel with Yoda and his bent saber, and, despite being in both EP: II III, never became as popular as Maul when He first came out(which could be because Maul was in the first Sith Lord Star Wars movie in about 10+, or that he had a DB lightsaber). Has nothing to do with the thread really, but staying on topic, I think he has a relatively good chance of beating Dooku. Dooku was never kept to be Sids apprentice for long, he was simply a substitute, possibly meaning he wasn't powerful enough in the force, or was gettin too old. He's only really known for being a legendary swordsman. but I really don't know anything adout him outside the movies(beat Kenobi fought Yoda, killed by Anakin). Sorry If I offended anyone(especially Rampant Ox). Just wanted to state my opinion, and get it off my chest.

ESB - 1138
Originally posted by darthsith19
He gets 4 hours of rest between each battle. During this time he's allowed to fix or try and fix anything that got injured on/in his suit during his battles. Here's the line-up:
1. AOTC Obi-Wan
2. ROTS Kit Fisto
3. Darth Maul
4. Sora Bulq (near ROTS)
5. General Grievous prior to the injuries Mace delt to him (as portrayed in EU sources other than the cartoon, which was bs)
6. ROTS Obi-Wan
7. ROTS Dooku
8. ANH Obi-Wan and TPM Qui-Gon Jinn
9. ROTS Sidious and Vader (pre-suit)

Is 9 a joke?

darthsith19
No, he gets 4 hours to rest and is free to try anf fix his suit, there is no guarantee that he can in 4 hours, especially if his helmet hets smashed or something.

confused Please explain.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Xepeyon
Tired? I thought he gets rested and repaired each round. Personally I really, truly hate Count Dooku(no offense Rampant Ox). He never seemed as evil as the other sith lords(Sidious, Malak, Vader, Marka Freedon ect.). The only force powers you see him do (in the movies) are an apparently weaker force lightning(Kenobi blocked it with ease, Anakin got up in like three minutes from it, Yoda easily deflected with his hand), and force push. He got known because of his duel with Yoda and his bent saber, and, despite being in both EP: II III, never became as popular as Maul when He first came out(which could be because Maul was in the first Sith Lord Star Wars movie in about 10+, or that he had a DB lightsaber). Has nothing to do with the thread really, but staying on topic, I think he has a relatively good chance of beating Dooku. Dooku was never kept to be Sids apprentice for long, he was simply a substitute, possibly meaning he wasn't powerful enough in the force, or was gettin too old. He's only really known for being a legendary swordsman. but I really don't know anything adout him outside the movies(beat Kenobi fought Yoda, killed by Anakin). Sorry If I offended anyone(especially Rampant Ox). Just wanted to state my opinion, and get it off my chest.

Hahaha. Harsh comments. Very harsh comments. Dookus force powers are equal or better than Mace Windus (who everyone thinks is uber). Anakin got up from it in a couple of minutes but Dooku only used one hand to blast the lightning and he only used it for about 2 seconds. Yet that was enough to send Skywalker flying across the hangar into the wall. And in his battle in ROTS he managed to lift Obi-Wan up and throw him across the room, then drop the balcony on him all while fighting Anakin. About him not being evil enough is a matter of opinion I guess. I guess I can forgive you for those offencive comments because they are your opinion, and everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Tangible God
Hahaha. Harsh comments. Very harsh comments. Dookus force powers are equal or better than Mace Windus (who everyone thinks is uber). Anakin got up from it in a couple of minutes but Dooku only used one hand to blast the lightning and he only used it for about 2 seconds. Yet that was enough to send Skywalker flying across the hangar into the wall. And in his battle in ROTS he managed to lift Obi-Wan up and throw him across the room, then drop the balcony on him all while fighting Anakin. About him not being evil enough is a matter of opinion I guess. I guess I can forgive you for those offencive comments because they are your opinion, and everyone is entitled to an opinion. So I guess lifting people up by the neck and dropping a platform with the Force is some incredible amazing uber feat to you? And "while fighting Anakin?" Anakin was leaning against the wall watching Obi-Wan get tossed around. The Count's awesome powers really shine through when Anakin is doing nothing huh?

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Tangible God
So I guess lifting people up by the neck and dropping a platform with the Force is some incredible amazing uber feat to you? And "while fighting Anakin?" Anakin was leaning against the wall watching Obi-Wan get tossed around. The Count's awesome powers really shine through when Anakin is doing nothing huh?

Im sorry but if I recall correctly Dooku lifted up Kenobi while still fighting Anakin. Then threw him and pulled the balcony on him while Anakin was still there. Why was Anakin leaning against the wall. Could it be that the Count put him there?? The point I was making is that the Count has far more force ability than you give him credit for. Easily as much, if not more force power than Mace Windu.

Legion_of_Maul
I am pretty shure vader can take dooku its esb he's not only used to the suit but has been given advantages by the suit, such as strenght and super hard breathing abilities.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Legion_of_Maul
I am pretty shure vader can take dooku its esb he's not only used to the suit but has been given advantages by the suit, such as strenght and super hard breathing abilities.

Vader will not be able to take Dooku. It doesnt matter how strong the suit makes him because it wont tire the Count out. Dookus style is made to use minimum energy. Also Vaders strong attacks mean little because part of the Counts style is to move away from the attack instead of meeting it head on, thus reducing the impact of the blow and using less energy. Hahahaha. But im sure his super hard breathing abilities will give the Count a run for his money!!! stick out tongue

Legion_of_Maul
and you aren't a dooku fanboy?

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Legion_of_Maul
and you aren't a dooku fanboy?

Of course I am a Dooku fanboy. And I know you hate Dooku/fanboys. Which is why you said that Vader would beat the Count.

Tangible God
Im sorry but if I recall correctly Dooku lifted up Kenobi while still fighting Anakin. Then threw him and pulled the balcony on him while Anakin was still there. Why was Anakin leaning against the wall. Could it be that the Count put him there?? The point I was making is that the Count has far more force ability than you give him credit for. Easily as much, if not more force power than Mace Windu. Actually, he booted Anakin (not an impressive move) and then lifted Obi-WAn up. He was not fighting ANakin while doing this, Anakin just lay there like a slob. Nothing on Dooku's behalf was great about that.

Legion_of_Maul
haha, thats funny from a certain point of view, hey tangiblegoodnessandlove what is wrong with the arm on the sig or yours?

ESB - 1138
Originally posted by darthsith19
No, he gets 4 hours to rest and is free to try anf fix his suit, there is no guarantee that he can in 4 hours, especially if his helmet hets smashed or something.

confused Please explain.

Overkill. ESB Vader vs. Palpatine and Anakin. Palpatine alone would pwn Vader. There is a reason he is the master and Vader never tried to betray him. Add in Anakin who is very skilled with a lightsaber.

Legion_of_Maul
that or, he had nothing to want to make him overthrow him, that was before he got chopped, that he wanted to be evil...er than he already was.

ESB - 1138
In Revenge of the Sith Anakin was talking big about how he could easily overthrow Palpatine. What happened to all that?

darthsith19
Originally posted by ESB - 1138
Overkill. ESB Vader vs. Palpatine and Anakin. Palpatine alone would pwn Vader. There is a reason he is the master and Vader never tried to betray him. Add in Anakin who is very skilled with a lightsaber.
That's why it's at the end of the gauntlet. So that Vader doesn't make it out.

Anakin's the most cocky Star Wars character ever. And Dooku could take out ESB Vader, his saber skills are better and Force has to be about tied, I can see Dooku being 80% of Sidious.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.