Originally....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sithsaber408
Older versions of English speakers pronounced the word ask as "axe".

Africans brought over from their homeland learned to speak it that way, and (denied good education) did not learn the "new" pronounciation as it became more prevelant in America, during the 1700's.

It is at this point in time more of a cultural thing, but that's how it started.

(African American studies college course.)

I'm sure this will be closed soon enough, but after reading all the ignorant bullshit in the other thread, and seeing others pull out the "you're a racist!" card on a legitimate question, .....

I felt it was my intellectual duty to let you all know the true reasoning behind that variation in American language/culture.

smile

Ladyluck
Interesting.

InnerRise
Originally posted by sithsaber408

Africans brought over from their homeland learned to speak it that way, and (denied good education) did not learn the "new" pronounciation as it became more prevelant in America, during the 1700's.

It is at this point in time more of a cultural thing, but that's how it started.

I'm sure this will be closed soon enough, but after reading all the ignorant bullshit in the other thread, and seeing others pull out the "you're a racist!" card on a legitimate question, .....

I felt it was my intellectual duty to let you all know the true reasoning behind that variation in American language/culture.

smile
Well you can't really blame people for saying what they said when the person directed the whole thing towards Blacks when that's clearly not the fact.

is it comprehensible.....

LanceWindu
Originally posted by sithsaber408

smile

It was your duty to make issue of a dead topic?

The only reason we pulled the race card is because the thread starter basically said that it's only them who says it, then tells "the whites" to not even respond.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by LanceWindu
It was your duty to make issue of a dead topic?

The only reason we pulled the race card is because the thread starter basically said that it's only them who says it, then tells "the whites" to not even respond.

Thank you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.