dooku going through the gaunlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Null ARC Avis
12 hours of rest in between each fight and mechanical atachments if needed.
1. AOTC obi and anakin
2. sora bulq
3. Asajj ventress
4. Sora and Asajj (yea they come back from the grave)
5. GG and Durge (can lose if he is really getting pwned)
6. AOTC obi and anakin and TPM qui gon
7. the 7 jedi vader faught in Purge
8. Darth vader (ANH), GG, obbsesion Asajj (go cyborgs!)
9. Lord Hoth
10 Bane

Hokage Yoda
This is a good thread however I need imput from other members

Rampant ox
He might get overwhelmed at 7. If not I dont see him getting past 8.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Null ARC Avis
12 hours of rest in between each fight and mechanical atachments if needed.
1. AOTC obi and anakin
2. sora bulq
3. Asajj ventress
9. Lord Hoth
10 Bane
1. Dooku pwns.
2. Sora puts up a little better of a fight but Dooku still wins pretty easily with the Force.
3. I assume this is Obsession Asajj, otherwise she wouldn't be after Sora. Anyways, she isn't much better than Sora. if she's betetr at all.
4. These 2 will give him hell, but he could probably pull this off. It'd be really hard, though, especially if this is Obsession Asajj, though he'll probably be fully rested, twelve hours is enough to recover from those other fights, which were like warm-up's.
5. If this is Grievous before he gets injured, well, Dooku said one on one that Grievous is a challenge, I can't see him beating both GG and Durge 2 on 1, that's to much force, Durge put up a good fight against Obsession Anakin and Obi-Wan, so he's really strong, too.
6. Wow, why is this so far up? These 3 are about even with Asajj and Sora. If Dooku makes it here he likely wins.
7. Um, as long as they work together and no clones come and help Dooku Dooku goes down here for sure.
8. If by some rabid miracle Dooku finds his way here he is tired and possibly injured and goes down.
9-10: Not a chance.

So I say probably 5, if not then definately he goes down at 7.

Null ARC Avis
but if dooku used lightning than he might win. see both GG and durge have METAL armor. metal is a good conductor for electricity and if dooku gets some good shots in than he can very well win number 5.

Captain REX
Lightning on GG would do him in with ease, but Durge would just have his mechanical implants and enhancements fried, but still alive.

darthsith19
No, Durge's isn't metal and I doubt lightning would do much when he's not been affected by being shot by several closes at once. I guess whether Dooku makes it or not totally depends on whether or not Grievous is able to block lightning with his lightsaber, If he can, Dooku goies down at 5, otherwise Dooku goes down at 7.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Rampant ox
He might get overwhelmed at 7. If not I dont see him getting past 8. Wow. Coming from you, that's something.

Lightsnake
Electricity is Durge's weakness, however....Dooku goes down at five

darthsith19
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Electricity is Durge's weakness, however....Dooku goes down at five
What source do you have for electricity being Durge's weakness?

Lightsnake
Every time Durge is driven back, it tends to be by electricity...
Clone Wars cartoon...look at his writhe and scream when the clones electrocute him
In the clone wars, Anakin uses his own electric bolas on him, weakening him so much he has to retreat
Anakin knocks him out temporarily by frying him with ship cables

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Tangible God
Wow. Coming from you, that's something.

I know! I was thinking the same thing.

Anyway, I agree with Darth Sith. If Greivous can block lightning or Durge preoccupies Dooku long enough for Greivous to get into melee (can happen easily if Durge springs into action before Dooku can attack Greivous), Dooku is most likely going down. If not, those 7 Masters will take him down for sure. Who knows, maybe he loses to Anakin, Obi, and Qui Gon because he is so fatigued. I mean, none of them are pushovers, except Anakin if he acts like an idiot, but he could recover fast enough. He either goes down at 5 or 6. 7 easily if he is incredibly lucky.

Rampant ox
Wow. Coming from you, that's something.

Hahaha. Im considering toning down my fanboyism and debating properly for a change.

Tangible God
And a welcome change at that.

Rampant ox
But not until I say WHO THE F**K voted for AOTC Anakin and Obi. I mean its proven Dooku wtf pwns. I take deep offense to that!!!!!

Tangible God
I did that just to see if I could make you say what you said.

Rampant ox
I did that just to see if I could make you say what you said.

mad cursing mad cursing mad

Null ARC Avis
but so did someone else apparently...
Still, where do you think he goes down? i belice that with the powers of the darkside he can get past 5,6 and 7. Vader just a short while after ROTS beat 5 of the jedi. dooku, with lightning, more control of the force and a mush better lightsaber form for this kind of situation can beat them with EXTREAME difficulty. I think that he, with half a day to rest, may be able to beat the cyborgs because of there weakness to electricity (ventress he can beat normally though). After that he will DEFINATLY lose at Hoth.

darthsith19
Every time Durge is driven back, it tends to be by electricity...
Clone Wars cartoon...look at his writhe and scream when the clones electrocute him
In the clone wars, Anakin uses his own electric bolas on him, weakening him so much he has to retreat
Anakin knocks him out temporarily by frying him with ship cables
But he blockes the lightning somehow in the cartoon, sending it back on Fordo, which is quite impressive.

Cool, thanks. smile

Hokage Yoda
Originally posted by Captain REX
Lightning on GG would do him in with ease, but Durge would just have his mechanical implants and enhancements fried, but still alive.

Null ARC Avis
bump

Borbarad
Originally posted by Null ARC Avis
1. AOTC obi and anakin
2. sora bulq
3. Asajj ventress
9. Lord Hoth
10 Bane

1. Obliterates them.
2. Pwns him.
3. Pwns her.
4. Pwns both of them at once.
5. Electrocutes GG, uses lightning to weaker Durge and then pwns him (leading to defeat in this case)
6. Fries Anakin, chokes Obi-Wan, outduels Qui-Gon then kills Obi-Wan and Anakin.
7. If Vader can handle them I don't see why Dooku shouldn't be able to do so - he's not a cyborg.
8. Electrocutes Vader (known weakness against force lightning), does the same with GG and then tools Asajj.
9. Uh...eh...since Hoth is pretty much an unknown he might go down here - or not. At least Dooku is a master of the ultimate refinement of lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat and a pretty powerful Sith Lord. So I don't know.
10. Bane seems to be better in terms of force powers and possibly duelling ability so I'd say Dooku would lose here but I'm still not sure about this.

So Dooku eithers goes down at 9 or 10 or makes it all the way through.

jollyjim311
So Dooku takes no injuries and isn't fatigued at all, and then loses to a complete unknown? Are you serious?

Count Kent
Originally posted by Borbarad
1. Obliterates them.
2. Pwns him.
3. Pwns her.
5. Electrocutes GG, uses lightning to weaker Durge and then pwns him (leading to defeat in this case)
6. Fries Anakin, chokes Obi-Wan, outduels Qui-Gon then kills Obi-Wan and Anakin.
7. If Vader can handle them I don't see why Dooku shouldn't be able to do so - he's not a cyborg.
8. Electrocutes Vader (known weakness against force lightning), does the same with GG and then tools Asajj.
9. Uh...eh...since Hoth is pretty much an unknown he might go down here - or not. At least Dooku is a master of the ultimate refinement of lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat and a pretty powerful Sith Lord. So I don't know.
10. Bane seems to be better in terms of force powers and possibly duelling ability so I'd say Dooku would lose here but I'm still not sure about this.

He doesn't pwn in , and , but he wins pretty confidently. He will win in number as easily as you have said, however how can you be sure that lightning would work on him? Clever use of force telekinesis should do the trick. In , Dooku has just been through 6 fights, and he only has 12 hours rest in between, so while his form uses minimal energy and while he wins the fights pretty easily, fatigue would be a factor and I wouldn't be surprised if he received any injuries. I mean force healing isn't that affective and Dooku is not even that great at it. You have not taken any of these variables into consideration. And also, his use of offensive force powers would unlikely work on any of these jedi. Tsui Choi alone would put up an ok fight. However I do agree that he gets through, with great difficulty. However at , he has no chance. What sort of matchup is this? Vader would defeat him in a fresh 1 on 1 battle in about half a minute tops. And since when does he have a weakness to lightning? He has shown the ability to telekenetically push lightning back on many occasions as a cyborg. And with and , Hoth and Bane are not unknowns and would be able to pwn him in about 5 seconds.

jollyjim311
They aren't unknowns? Oh well, what have they done then?
Sorry, I forgot that teh Bane is teh toal ownage cuz he WTFpwn3d a small child that he surprizored!!!11!!11
http://www.swcomics.com/Old_Republic_Era_c.php?i=4&f=36&name=Jedi_vs_Sith_1_of_6

Other than that, Bane lifted a, what, six year old girl into the air with the force? That's about it. Until that book comes out, we don't know just how good he is.

Razielim
Kaan, the head Sith Lord in the most warlike time in Star Wars history, was scared pretty damn shitless of him. Bane is a tough cookie.

Lightsnake
1. Obliterates them.
2. Pwns him.
3. Pwns her.

This is assuming Durge doesn't simply hurl his bolas or blast him in the back while he's busy? The first four are doing to tax him and qui-Gon was already able to give Dooku a run for his money when they fought.

And if killing Vader with force lightning was so easy, it'd have been done in the past. He can either block it with his saber of the force when he wishes. Vader'd obliterate Dooku. Perhaps Vader handles those seven Jedi because he's, y'know, better. And Dooku's not having clone trooper back up

Motoko Sama
Originally posted by Count Kent
In , Dooku has just been through 6 fights, and he only has 12 hours rest in between, so while his form uses minimal energy and while he wins the fights pretty easily, fatigue would be a factor and I wouldn't be surprised if he received any injuries.

Really? Fatigue? Haha. Dooku fought through three combatants in AOTC consecutively in a matter of four minutes roughly (3:49, even less if you cut off the dialogue between Anakin/Obi-Wan). Twelve hours is more than enough time to rest.

Borbarad
This is assuming Durge doesn't simply hurl his bolas or blast him in the back while he's busy?

Busy with what ? Even without using his Dark Side powers Grievous was almost boring him in lightsaber confrontation. Considering Grievious has a droid body he won't survive a blast of lightning - at least this would kick him out of the fight.

Tax Dooku ? AotC Anakin and Obi-Wan were a joke against him. He fried Sora with a single lightning blast in the Republic comics - boring - and did the same with Asajj in the CW cartoons. That won't tire him. And if he can fight Yoda and escape without a scratch after defeating AotC Obi-Wan and Anakin I don't know why he should lose to Qui-Gon. He duelled him ? Yes. But that wasn't the Dooku who had additional 20 years of training and became more powerful (according to himself and Yoda) because of using the Dark Side.

Excuse me: Vader was killed by force lightning in ROTJ. And some people almost killed him by attacking his life support system which is especially weak against all sorts of electricity. Dooku just has to duel Vader (one-handed, his style) and then give him a lightning blast with the other hand - bye bye life support - bye bye Vader.

And this isn't Vader vs Dooku but Dooku vs the people Vader killed and considering Dooku tossed more powerful people around with his powers I'll doubt that they would be able to handle him. And please don't try to tell me that Vader with at least 60 % loss of force potential and a almost complete artificial body would be better then Anakin in ROTS.

Pyro Tyrannus
I think Dooku could do it all the way. 9-10 = fight of his life.

Lightsnake
Busy with what ? Even without using his Dark Side powers Grievous was almost boring him in lightsaber confrontation. Considering Grievious has a droid body he won't survive a blast of lightning - at least this would kick him out of the fight.

Tax Dooku ? AotC Anakin and Obi-Wan were a joke against him. He fried Sora with a single lightning blast in the Republic comics - boring - and did the same with Asajj in the CW cartoons. That won't tire him. And if he can fight Yoda and escape without a scratch after defeating AotC Obi-Wan and Anakin I don't know why he should lose to Qui-Gon. He duelled him ? Yes. But that wasn't the Dooku who had additional 20 years of training and became more powerful (according to himself and Yoda) because of using the Dark Side.

Excuse me: Vader was killed by force lightning in ROTJ. And some people almost killed him by attacking his life support system which is especially weak against all sorts of electricity. Dooku just has to duel Vader (one-handed, his style) and then give him a lightning blast with the other hand - bye bye life support - bye bye Vader.

And this isn't Vader vs Dooku but Dooku vs the people Vader killed and considering Dooku tossed more powerful people around with his powers I'll doubt that they would be able to handle him. And please don't try to tell me that Vader with at least 60 % loss of force potential and a almost complete artificial body would be better then Anakin in ROTS.

And Durge, who Dooku barely managed to subdue on his own?

Was Dooku breathing heavy when he was done with Anakin or wasn't he? And actually, Dooku had faced Qui-Gon thousands of times and Qui-Gon often gave him a run for his money...hell, Qui-Gon and Dooku were on good terms until Qui died.

Vader wasn't even trying to block Palpatine's lightning, for one. The only person who beat Vader in that way was Tremayne and Vader held himself back the entire time. Dooku would have to pull back to get a blast off without being destroyed first off and without Anakin blocking and without being totally overwhelmed by a stronger opponent. Not happening, Vader'd destroy Dooku

Eight Jedi? Vader only survived at one point because his armor protected him from a side slash from Jastus/

Borbarad
And Durge, who Dooku barely managed to subdue on his own?

Did Dooku ever try to kill Durge using something like force lightning. He basically can wreck Grievous with a single force attack, weaken Durge with force lightning (electricity weakness) and then cut him into pieces - the rules for this gauntlet say that he is beaten when somebody "pwns him".

He sighed once - hardly a sign of "breathing heavy". And yes...Dooku had faced Qui-Gon but this wasn't a dark side Dooku (more powerful) with additional 2 decades of training - as I already said.

Erm...Vader is at his best in ROTS according to Lucas - how would a weaker version of Vader be able to contend with Dooku ?

And he only received the slash because being slower than in his "original" state.

Razielim
When did Qui-Gon and Dooku fight?

Lightsnake
I don't think lightning is fatal to Durge, it's his weakness, sure and it slows him down, but was it ever fatal to him?

Anakin did tax him, at least a little and if Obi-wan and Anakin fought in unison and coordinated themselves, it'd have been far more difficult for the Count.

Anakin at his best in ROTS did defeat Dooku...Vader's also not slow, extremely powerful and a skilled duelist. Vader's far stronger than dooku physically and extremely good with the saber. He's also killed quite a few darksiders in addition to Jedi. Dooku's good, but he was beaten earlier by a younger, brasher Anakin.

By this point, he's fighting about six jedi simultaneously and he hasn't even gotten used to his new suit.

Count Kent
Bor's an idiot.

Broly92
Stops at six Qui-Gon is used to Dooku's style and can control Anakin and Obi-won to best win so they win 6.5/10 Dooku is too good to lose alot

((The_Anomaly))
As a said note, I don't think "blocking Force lightning" with a lightsaber is like blocking blaster bolts. Lightning comes in an arc, not a line. It makes no sense that you could just hold out a saber and it would stop lightning. I'd assume if your not strong enough to absorb lightning (a la Yoda) then the next best thing to do is Draw the lightning into the saber blade with the Force. Like Obi-Wan did with Dooku, or like Mace did with Palpatine. Seeing as ALL the lightning arcs ALL go into Mace's and Obi-Wans Blade, I'd assume blocking Force lightning is a mix of Force and the lightsaber. Unless Lightning is for some reason drawn into the saber blade by SW Physics (or the nature of the blade or something) But I doubt it. Seeing as Mace was struggling with Palpatines lightning, and if the blade absorbers lightning naturally, it wouldn't have taken Mace any strength to stop it. Therefore to block lightning with a saber you have to be able to 'redirect' all the lightning to the lightsaber blade with the Force. Meaning Grievous wouldn't be able to stop force lightning.

Just something I'd been wanting to say for a bit, because it seems like a lot of people just think a saber stops lightning by itself for some reason. (Probably because of the ease that Obi-Wan stops it in AOTC)

darthsith19
Nah, I think blaster bolts are like lightning but stronger. I don't think Obi-Wan was sucking it into his lighstaber, it didn't look like it. I think that's just what happens with lightning hits a lightsaber, the lightsaber blocks it. Mace was having alot of trouble stopping Sidious's because Sidious is so strong and also he was deflecting it back at Palpatine, presumably with the Force. But I don't think it takes the Force to just block it...

((The_Anomaly))
No, blaster bolts are nothing like lightning.

Blaster Mechanics

Blasters were a considerable improvement on the laser design, however. The bolt fired from a blaster was not just light. Some gas used to generate the beam was energized to a plasma state and fired with the highly energized light at supra-light velocities. This combination of light and plasma formed the deadly bolt fired from a blaster. Because the bolt traveled at faster-than-light speeds, in some cases, targets could show signs of damage before the visible portion of the bolt hit. This was because the visible portion, was a side-effect of the actual, lethal bolt. Most personal blasters had two kinds of ammunition: a gas cartridge and a power cell

Force lightning is too wide to block with a lightsaber, we've seen how it works in the movies, its like an outwards "V" shape. To block it with a saber you'd need to get all the lightning arcs to diverge upon a very narrow spot (a lightsaber) or you'd miss almost all of it, and it would hit you. What I'm saying is it makes no sense to be able to block an arc with a pole (lightsaber blade). I made a sketch of what I mean on paint to show people.

((The_Anomaly))
Sorry, it didnt post my pic, here is what I mean:

darthsith19
Okay, and your picture was helpful, and the lightning does spread out, I understand what you mean, but it doesn't spread out that much. When Dooku shot lightning at Anakin it all hit him, not just some of it. When Sidious's hit Mace, Yoda and Luke every single piece hit them, not just some of it. So unless the person using the lightning somehow makes it come together so it all hits their opponent then the lightning comes together to hit the object, which can be a person or a lightsaber.

And even if it does take the Force to draw it towards your lightsaber, in the no Force scenario the Jedi or lightsaber wielding person could turn their lightsaber hortiontal to block it.

I always assumes that the lightsaber's energy just sucked the lightning into it, though. But I suppose we really don't know as no official proof has yet to be provided.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.