The Living Tribunal getting punked by Reed Richards?!?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaqChaos
It happened in the latest issue of Last Planet Standing. Yes, I know that that's not the 616 Marvel Universe, but it doesn't matter because no matter what reality you go to you're still dealing with the same LT.

The LT (and the other Cosmics that were with him) decided that what Galactus was doing was possing so dangerous that it possed a threat to the entire multiverse. Their solution? Since Galactus was currently within the Milky Way, they decided to destroy the Milky Way Galaxy and everything in it.

On Earth, Reed Richards was making hs move to put a permanent stop to Galactus, with a weapon that would shatter his essense and spread it throughout the multiverse. As he prepared to fire it on Galactus, a wormhole opened up. It was the LT and his gang preparing to fire on Galactus. Realizing what their blast would do to the galaxy, Reed fired his weapon into the wormhole and it took out the LT and friends.

The weapon shorted out, and with nothing else in his way Galactus arrived on Earth.

Skeets
What the f**k? but That's just a M-body LT uses he can't be killed off......I think....confused

Thanos_6383
LT punked?uh oh,"someone" is going to get a kick out of this. laughing

GalacticStorm
wink

Solidus Snake
how stupid.

the writers of marvel need to be sacked

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
how stupid.

the writers of marvel need to be sacked

Keep in mind it's not 616. Screwy stuff is semi-permissible in that universe.

BlaqChaos
616 or not, its still the same LT.

Skeets
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Keep in mind it's not 616. Screwy stuff is semi-permissible in that universe.
It's still the same LT.....erm

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Skeets
It's still the same LT.....erm

Oh yeah. I guess you're right.

In that case, it's incredibly funny. laughing out loud

grey fox
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Oh yeah. I guess you're right.

In that case, it's incredibly funny. laughing out loud

Indeed laughing thumb up

Mindship
One-upmanship run amok.

Swanky-Tuna
Perhaps in that universe that Reed Richards has the power of two. A double Reed Richards if you will.

jasofisc
wow what a load of crap writters should really read comic books dealing with the charaters their writting about. The writter should be sacked

kevdude
Wow if thats true, the writers should be slapped around! I think it would be nice to see LT as a bad guy for a little while, kinda like what happened with The Spectre and start taking out vengeance like LT is suppose to do (and get revenge on Reeds while hes at it)!! big grin

Mider
whoever said the LT was omnipatent and all this crap should be sacked he got taken out by reed richards wow thats embarressing.

Mider
i need to buy that comic and read it every time i am depressed so i can laugh my head off at the living jobber I AM THE LIVING JOBBER I HAVE THREE FACES SO WHEN I JOBB ONE OF THE OTHER TWO FACES CAN COMFORT ME WHILE I CRY LIKE A SISSY GIRL

MJOILNIR
Well I guess it aint much different than the famous "batkick" to hulks midsection. If he can do it then so can Richards.

Mider
so was LT KO'd or just knocked out?

Validus
That wasn't what I fond awkward. What I thought was odd was Living Tribunal, the Stranger, Shaper of Worlds, Master Order, Lord Chaos, In-Betweener and a couple of others feeling the need to combine their energy to destroy Galactus. Not only that but Reed described their blast as solar system destroying. confused

thanospimphand
Originally posted by Mider
i need to buy that comic and read it every time i am depressed so i can laugh my head off at the living jobber I AM THE LIVING JOBBER I HAVE THREE FACES SO WHEN I JOBB ONE OF THE OTHER TWO FACES CAN COMFORT ME WHILE I CRY LIKE A SISSY GIRL

don't u mean that mider crys like a *****! meaning urself

Mider
dont you ever get tired of being a ******** and sucking **** especially thanos, i mean do you ever stop? you probably like it your whole family must be a long line of ************* i mean its really sad your ******** out of it half the time probably drank **** as a kid and caused brain damage.

kevdude
Well just read it and its true. Whats really shocking is that they put all of these beings the Living Tribunal, the Stranger, Shaper of Worlds, Master Order, Lord Chaos, In-Betweener and others in the comic to STOP Galactus and still couldn't even stop or see what Reed was doing with the powers they are suppose to have! If DC can have The Spectre running around causing all sorts of trouble then Marvel should show off the LT also.

Mider
LT has never shown any good showings actually maybe one of the best showings he has is holding the PF in his hand not the entire force of corse just that universes but who cares even galactus once almost ate one and in other universe the goblin force DID eat the PF of that universe i even have a comic where he lost to korvac, korvac had the powers of grandmaster, High evolutionary, the stranger, one host of celestials, shaper of worlds, all the beigns alive on earth, avengers one elders daughter, probably the skyfathers, EVEN before that he shielded teh earth from the LT's attack and the LT said is he strong enough to even block my jugdement and said i cant do nothing more i believe he said that i own the comic AND NO I DONT HAVE A SCANNER, but it happend i dont need to lie go read it yourself its what if the avengers where korvacs pawns or something like that.

Thanos_6383

laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

guy222
What If #32, i thought LT sealed off Earth from Korvac. Didn't Korvac die after using the UN?

Xplosive
Originally posted by kevdude
Wow if thats true, the writers should be slapped around! I think it would be nice to see LT as a bad guy for a little while, kinda like what happened with The Spectre and start taking out vengeance like LT is suppose to do (and get revenge on Reeds while hes at it)!! big grin

He would be stopped in the end, probably by someone like Phoenix Force.

AcousticDoc
shouldn't LT be able to take out galactus by himself?

guy222
The Living Tribunal can snap his fingers and anyone in Marvel is dead. He is easily more powerful than the Phoenix Force. Galactus has no chance against the ommipotent golden man.

Xplosive
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
shouldn't LT be able to take out galactus by himself?

Yeah, and he should do it very easily.

Originally posted by guy222
The Living Tribunal can snap his fingers and anyone in Marvel is dead. He is easily more powerful than the Phoenix Force. Galactus has no chance against the ommipotent golden man.

Not really, he never could do that, if he would then he would wipe ot Galactus easily by himself, right?
He wasn't trully sure about him and IG. And was easily defeated by THOTU.
Although, that was embaressment for LT (about Galactus), it trully happened.

guy222
I think he knew the outcome of his battle with Warlock. The same when he was goin to battle a Deviant with the godlike Star Brand. Yeah, the out of continuity story with the HOTI. That was as bad as when Galactus gets eaten by Zombies. Don't get me wrong, writers like to make stories to prove there's someone even greater, but if ur second to your creator, that shouldn't happen.

Xplosive
I think he knew the outcome of his battle with Warlock. The same when he was goin to battle a Deviant with the godlike Star Brand. Yeah, the out of continuity story with the HOTI. That was as bad as when Galactus gets eaten by Zombies. Don't get me wrong, writers like to make stories to prove there's someone even greater, but if ur second to your creator, that shouldn't happen.

It wasn't out of contunity, since LT where he appears, is always a cannon. He is second to TOAA, but HOTI is the power of a God, that is why he eaisly wiped out LT and that is not bad at all as Galactus gets eatsan by Zobmies.
HOTI is power of a God. Only what he was limited, he was limited by TOAA in one Multiverse. There where he was, he Almighty.

guy222
Originally posted by Xplosive
It wasn't out of contunity, since LT where he appears, is always a cannon. He is second to TOAA, but HOTI is the power of a God, that is why he eaisly wiped out LT and that is not bad at all as Galactus gets eatsan by Zobmies.
HOTI is power of a God. Only what he was limited, he was limited by TOAA in one Multiverse. There where he was, he Almighty.

I thought God was the TOAA

Xplosive
I thought God was the TOAA

Yes, when I said TOAA, I meant God. He had the power of a God=TOAA (in terms that he had the power, since there was nothign he couldn't do easily).
But, of course you cannot be completely equal to TOAA, since HOTI power derives from TOAA.
That is why he easily destroyed LT and others.

guy222
Yes, when I said TOAA, I meant God. He had the power of a God=TOAA (in terms that he had the power, since there was nothign he couldn't do easily).
But, of course you cannot be completely equal to TOAA, since HOTI power derives from TOAA.
That is why he easily destroyed LT and others.

Thank u, friend smile

leonidas

speculation by the characters. never really confirmed.

H. S. 6
so was LT KO'd or just knocked out?

Does anybody else see something wrong with this post? laughing

Xplosive
Originally posted by leonidas
speculation by the characters. never really confirmed.

Yes, but when I say God, I always mean a true almighty and that is TOAA in Marvel.

Thanos_THOTU
Reed defeated LT and than woke up ... So it was all a dream ...

Lord S
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Does anybody else see something wrong with this post? laughing laughing laughing laughing

You'll have to excuse Mider...he's a ****ing moron.

Mider999
i dont really hate LT anymore i havent seen any good feats from him id like to though but yeah here are some of his lame feats if you want them

his powers where copied by a mutant and he needed to have the celestial judge defeat him not LT himself.

the whole korvac thing id ont need to go into detail he said he could not defeat korvac

the IG thing has been reconned just cause he snaped it off dont matter no more even eternity is now more powerful then the IG

this latest lost to reed richards is sad a supposid cosmic above all cosmics losing to reed richards

even if he is as strong as he is, some of my fav characters can still beat him, preacher tells him to drop dead, or spawn now equal to image god and devil just slaps him around.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Does anybody else see something wrong with this post? laughing

I find multiple things wrong with that post... no expression

I wonder what KO'ed LT would look like...

TricksterPriest
The cloth would be on backwards, the three faces would have swirly eyes, and there would be stars over his head. LT would be saying: "Duhhh....look at the pretty silver surfers flying around....." laughing laughing evil face

It's a sad day for a godlike entity when they get punked by Mr. Fantastic. laughing laughing out loud laughing stick out tongue

King Kandy
Last Planet Standing isn't canon. It's not even canon as an alternate universe. It never happened at all, not an alternate universe the whole thing doesn't exist.

Mider999
it does if LT comes out thats what marvel says about that character, not me.

bigbran
Originally posted by Mider999
his powers where copied by a mutant and he needed to have the celestial judge defeat him not LT himself.

the whole korvac thing id ont need to go into detail he said he could not defeat korvac

the IG thing has been reconned just cause he snaped it off dont matter no more even eternity is now more powerful then the IG

this latest lost to reed richards is sad a supposid cosmic above all cosmics losing to reed richards

even if he is as strong as he is, some of my fav characters can still beat him, preacher tells him to drop dead, or spawn now equal to image god and devil just slaps him around. Have you ever heard about pis? That should answer your whole post...

So, um... you think a Celstial (that was made out of Eternity meditating), is more powerful that LT?
Pis.

No, the only, ONLY reason Korvac survived was because Death was helping him out behind the scenes. She saved him, after LT shot one blow, so LT just sealed off the universe.

Wait, when has the IG been below Eternity? I remember it punking the shit out of Eternity twice. Also back in that time, it also punked most of the abstracts before Warlock was about to fight LT. LT snapped his fingers and remade everything that was destroyed (Eternity, Celestials, Galactus, etc). He also made the IG obselete after.
How is this mentioned along the lines of, "sad feats"?

Reed Richards spent 30 years builing that machine. It used all of the power of the target against that person. He also shot it, when everyone had their backs turned.
Also, pis, for another explanation.

Preacher?
So, when has God Spawn, done anything, and I mean anything that has come close to LT?
Hell the Cosmic Mother is only in charge of ONE universe. Nobody in the Image Universe has feats comparable.
How about we use Galactus as a standard right now.
When have any of them destroyed countless galaxies?
When has anyone even destroyed a city?

Just because it's name has something to do with biblical God, doesn't mean it is above everyone in other companies.

Mrrungo Mu
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
The cloth would be on backwards, the three faces would have swirly eyes, and there would be stars over his head. LT would be saying: "Duhhh....look at the pretty silver surfers flying around....." laughing laughing evil face

It's a sad day for a godlike entity when they get punked by Mr. Fantastic. laughing laughing out loud laughing stick out tongue

laughing eek! ...sweet answer,Trickster.

guy222
Originally posted by bigbran
Have you ever heard about pis? That should answer your whole post...

So, um... you think a Celstial (that was made out of Eternity meditating), is more powerful that LT?
Pis.

No, the only, ONLY reason Korvac survived was because Death was helping him out behind the scenes. She saved him, after LT shot one blow, so LT just sealed off the universe.

Wait, when has the IG been below Eternity? I remember it punking the shit out of Eternity twice. Also back in that time, it also punked most of the abstracts before Warlock was about to fight LT. LT snapped his fingers and remade everything that was destroyed (Eternity, Celestials, Galactus, etc). He also made the IG obselete after.
How is this mentioned along the lines of, "sad feats"?

Reed Richards spent 30 years builing that machine. It used all of the power of the target against that person. He also shot it, when everyone had their backs turned.
Also, pis, for another explanation.

Preacher?
So, when has God Spawn, done anything, and I mean anything that has come close to LT?
Hell the Cosmic Mother is only in charge of ONE universe. Nobody in the Image Universe has feats comparable.
How about we use Galactus as a standard right now.
When have any of them destroyed countless galaxies?
When has anyone even destroyed a city?

Just because it's name has something to do with biblical God, doesn't mean it is above everyone in other companies.

I agree. Merry Xmas.

Mr Master
On the NON-Canon Last Planet Standing:

Reed Richard builds a Super Canon that took him 20 years to build
http://img318.imageshack.us/img318/1964/reedsupercw6.th.jpg

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/8238/reedsuper3yk7.th.jpg
It's designed to harness a being's own power against them.

Now...when the combined power of all these cosmics including LT joined together.
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/1302/reedsuper2ir2.th.jpg

They plotted in erasing Galactus from the Multi-verse.
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9383/reedsuper4hl5.th.jpg

All that power combined...plus the blast from Reed's super canon directly into that concentration of power...created a feedback of cosmic proportions that blew back everyone into other universes.
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9347/reedsuper5le6.th.jpg

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/1729/reedsuper6iq6.th.jpg

This story was Non-Canon,

and it was LT's own power in combination with the other Cosmics that were there and Reed's Super Canon that blasted LT and Cosmics into other dimensions.

Mider999
why are you such a LT lover mr masters.

Mr Master
On the Korvac issue back in 1982, which was a "What IF" btw:

Korvac was not the mastermind of this issue, machinations far beyond even his scope were at work in helping him survive LT's assault.

This is the big moment of surprise and disappointment for all who thought Korvac was more powerful than LT.

Let's do it.

First ALL the positive showings of the issue, then I'll post the rediculousness of a What if comic.

First:

Korvac Absorbs ALL the power of these SIX cosmics, he had already absorbed Galactus's world ship, that gave him instant near-omnipotent power.
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9373/korvacabsorb60dp.th.jpg

Korvac absorbs Galactus's world ship.
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1017/korvacabsorbsg9uo.th.jpg

Korvac seals off his universe
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/9540/korvacblockszeusandall7ga.th.jpg

LT penetrates Korvacs barrier to blow up the sun in this universe.
http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/2340/korvacvslt19lb.th.jpg

LT vaporizes a quarter of that solar system and Korvac survives,

LT caught by surprise by this, decides to leave this universe and seal Korvac in it.
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/9204/korvacvslt21rj.th.jpg

It would seem from that last scan that LT couldn't handle Korvac, so he fled, sealed the Universe behind him and left that universe to whatever fate awaited it.

The Surprise:

It was Death that protected Korvac from LT, from annihilation.

Death was Korvac's unbidden ally-Death was Korvac's unwanted master.

"The Eons-Old Stalemate between Eternity and ME has ENDED.
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5933/d1to8.th.jpg
By MY MACHINATIONS, the UNIVERSE shall be MINE"

"DEATH--Korvac's Unbidden ALLY....
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/79/d2ec2.th.jpg
"DEATH--Korvac's UNWANTED MASTER"

Death manipulated all this, no wonder Korvac survived LT's punishment, Death who is the master of mortality and immortality, did not allow Korvac to die along with the earth.

Why?

Because Death wanted to kill Eternity and Death knew it could get Korvac to retrieve the Ultimate Nullifier to destroy Eternity, this was Death's plan all along.

Apparently even Death was unable to help Korvac withstand the UN though.
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/5489/kpz4.th.jpg

continues in the next post...

Mr Master
Now the reasons why we shouldn't use What If's in debates even if it includes LT:

Korvac with ALL his power, can't read a Celestial mind,
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/7317/korvaccantreadcelestial1bc.th.jpg

Korvac CANNOT resurrect just anyone, only someone he kills. Yet he's "omnipotent", LOL.
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/6895/tressurect2ch.th.jpg

Korvac fears an Armada of beings that are coming to battle him from all over this universe, but he can kill and absorb some of the most powerful beings in the universe.
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5641/korvacfearsarmada8wj.th.jpg
This is crap, with all his power he should be able to wipe this army out of existence.

Korvac absorbs every being on this earth to battle this armada.

He becomes so powerful he can sit on planet earth, like if it's a workout ball, but he's still going to rely on the Ultimate Nullifier to destroy this armada along with the universe.
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/9558/korvacabsorbsearth3do.th.jpg

Watcher breaks through Korvac's barrier like nothing, and this is after he absorbed every being on Earth, Galactus's Ship, a few Cosmics and even the visiting Celestials.
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/565/korvacwatcherslipsin7sj.th.jpg

Korvac needs the Ultimate Nullifier to destroy an armada of Mortals,
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6039/korvacneedsuntokillarmada1io.th.jpg

nonsense,

but it's a What If,

so why complain.

Mr Master
On the Protege garbage:

The BIGGEST PIS in Cosmological history.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/2111/protege01gotg49cd8.th.jpg

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/6313/protege02gotg49xe9.th.jpg

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/5371/protege03gotg50fr8.th.jpg

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/5063/protege04gotg50bs9.th.jpg

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/6498/protege05gotg50pf4.th.jpg

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2802/protege06gotg50pe5.th.jpg

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY, before any of you confuse yourselves with these Scans.

"My short answer to this issue is that it is illogical, poorly written nonsense that one should ignore, It contradicts far too much of what is known and accepted about the characters to be taken seriously. But since this defense is open to the retort that perhaps everything else is wrong and these issues are right, let us instead look at the claims and implications of what is said. Let us examine what one would have to accept if one took everything in these two issues on face value.

First of all, Protege claims not just to be the new Living Tribunal, but the new One Above All (GOTG 49, last page); that is, Protege is God.

If he were indeed now God, what are we to make of Celestial's restraining him by throwing an energy blanket over his head? Can a Celestial muzzle God? And how does the energy blanket restrain this new OAA? By allowing him "to see nothing of what transpires." Yes, that's right, the new supreme being of the multiverse is taken down by not being able to see the ends of his feet.

But wait, we don't have to commit to such nonsense, because we are told that the LT was clandestinely drawing on the Amulet of Aggamotto (not the Eye, not the Orb, but the Amulet) in order to restrain Protege. In conclusion, therefore: Protege becomes TOAA, but is restrained by a Celestial energy hood that cuts off his sight and an amulet enhanced Living Tribunal.

To preserve my sanity I ignore the whole mess. If pressed to give an explanation I would say this: there is a history of mortal beings taking on vast powers and erroneously believing they are omnipotent (Doom in Secret Wars 1, Beyonder in Secret Wars 3, Warlock and Thanos in Infinity Gauntlet.)

Perhaps Protege believes he is omnipotent, but because he cannot even sense what is happening after having a hood thrown over his head, clearly his Cosmic Awareness is still paltry if not non-existent. Clearly he has not absorbed the powers of the LT, perhaps he has absorbed an iota of an iota. Therefore, in conclusion, we are not seeing a Celestial restraining someone who is more powerful than the LT, let alone TOAA"

guy222
Originally posted by Mr Master
On the Protege garbage:

The BIGGEST PIS in Cosmological history.

"My short answer to this issue is that it is illogical, poorly written nonsense that one should ignore, It contradicts far too much of what is known and accepted about the characters to be taken seriously. But since this defense is open to the retort that perhaps everything else is wrong and these issues are right, let us instead look at the claims and implications of what is said. Let us examine what one would have to accept if one took everything in these two issues on face value.

First of all, Protege claims not just to be the new Living Tribunal, but the new One Above All (GOTG 49, last page); that is, Protege is God.

If he were indeed now God, what are we to make of Celestial's restraining him by throwing an energy blanket over his head? Can a Celestial muzzle God? And how does the energy blanket restrain this new OAA? By allowing him "to see nothing of what transpires." Yes, that's right, the new supreme being of the multiverse is taken down by not being able to see the ends of his feet.

But wait, we don't have to commit to such nonsense, because we are told that the LT was clandestinely drawing on the Amulet of Aggamotto (not the Eye, not the Orb, but the Amulet) in order to restrain Protege. In conclusion, therefore: Protege becomes TOAA, but is restrained by a Celestial energy hood that cuts off his sight and an amulet enhanced Living Tribunal.

To preserve my sanity I ignore the whole mess. If pressed to give an explanation I would say this: there is a history of mortal beings taking on vast powers and erroneously believing they are omnipotent (Doom in Secret Wars 1, Beyonder in Secret Wars 3, Warlock and Thanos in Infinity Gauntlet.)

Perhaps Protege believes he is omnipotent, but because he cannot even sense what is happening after having a hood thrown over his head, clearly his Cosmic Awareness is still paltry if not non-existent. Clearly he has not absorbed the powers of the LT, perhaps he has absorbed an iota of an iota. Therefore, in conclusion, we are not seeing a Celestial restraining someone who is more powerful than the LT, let alone TOAA"

Again, I marvel at the truth u speak. Having read comics for over twenty years, u are the man. Happy Holidays, friend

Endless Mike
Let's hope this shit gets retconned.

Juntai
I'm pretty sure Last Planet Standing wasn't 616 continuity. Perhaps another Earth, as it wasn't written as a what if, afaik, but it certainly doesn't fit well into 616's continuity. Especially in accordinance to when it came out. Amidst Civil War and Annihilation.

Endless Mike
Yeah, but the LT is multiversal, so apparently all his appearances in What Ifs? and alternate universes are canon.

Mider999
why you keep bringing that up mr masters you dont have no damn proof, at all, if that was proof then your saying death is above LT, so your just proving yourself wrong about LT being the strongest next to TOAA, oh and to let you know, death has been owned by dr strange, and the grandmaster your proof is not that great mine stacks up better to it.

Lord Urizen
Marvel is getting stupider and stupider...I miss the old days sad

Lord Urizen
And that whole Korvac story was total bullshit.....it ruined and betrayed the entire Marvel mythology

bigbran
Originally posted by Juntai
I'm pretty sure Last Planet Standing wasn't 616 continuity. Perhaps another Earth, as it wasn't written as a what if, afaik, but it certainly doesn't fit well into 616's continuity. Especially in accordinance to when it came out. Amidst Civil War and Annihilation. It wasn't 616...Originally posted by Mider999
why you keep bringing that up mr masters you dont have no damn proof, at all, if that was proof then your saying death is above LT, so your just proving yourself wrong about LT being the strongest next to TOAA, oh and to let you know, death has been owned by dr strange, and the grandmaster your proof is not that great mine stacks up better to it. No, it proves that she had the power to save Korvac from behind the scenes, when LT gave him an attack that was meant to kill him. HIM, not him as an immortal, but Korvac, at the power level he was at.

Do you really think that Death could stand up to LT, face to face?
Do you think if Death teamed up with Korvac, with LT right there, that he couldn't wipe them out with a bigger attack?

She acted behind the scenes.

WrathfulDwarf
O M G....did this event REALLY happen?

Richards defeats LT? (lost for words)

Galan007
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
O M G....did this event REALLY happen?

Richards defeats LT? (lost for words) All Reed's gun did was send the Abstracts hurling through various realities by using their own powers against them, it didn't kill the Abstracts like some people were saying:

Reed Richard builds a Super Canon that took him 20 years to build
http://img318.imageshack.us/img318/1964/reedsupercw6.th.jpg

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/8238/reedsuper3yk7.th.jpg

when the combined power of all these cosmics/abstracts including LT joined together, they plotted to erase Galactus from existance:
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/1302/reedsuper2ir2.th.jpg

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9383/reedsuper4hl5.th.jpg

All that power combined...plus the blast from Reed's super canon directly into that concentration of power...created a feedback of cosmic proportions that blew back everyone into other realities.
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9347/reedsuper5le6.th.jpg

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/1729/reedsuper6iq6.th.jpg
-credit to mr m

WrathfulDwarf
Hmm..interesting..thanks I was curious about what really happen.

leonidas
the fact that reed's canon was able to affect them at all is indictment enough, not to mention it was about to take lt + all the others to eliminate galactus.

how can anyone believe this was anything OTHER than an lt m-body that was banished by reed . . .?

Galan007
the fact that reed's canon was able to affect them at all is indictment enough, not to mention it was about to take lt + all the others to eliminate galactus.

how can anyone believe this was anything OTHER than an lt m-body that was banished by reed . . .? Well, remember that the Abstracts/Cosmics were going to completely erase Galactus from all existance (all Multiverses). So since Big G is necessary for cosmic balance, I'm sure it would have taken immense power and control to wipe out Galactus without upsetting the balance.

never the less, I do agree that it was an LT M Body, because the true LT should have been able to snap his fingers to erase Big G.

Prof S.T.I.
Originally posted by Validus
Not only that but Reed described their blast as solar system destroying. confused

A blast that would kill Galactus and destroy the Milky Way !

Prof S.T.I.

how can anyone believe this was anything OTHER than an lt m-body that was banished by reed . . .?

What i don't get is that fact that L.T. is apparently Omniscient as well as Omnipotent, surely he new what Reed was going to do to him ? Knowing the small amounts of philosophy that i do, I really really find it hard to understand how anyone can survive methodically analysing this cosmic crap. I feel my brain bleeding, just reading some of these scans. 'Gods' should not be in comics, unless written by Alan Moore or Niel Gaiman or Mike Carey. Its as simple as that !!!!!!!!

guy222
Originally posted by Galan007
Well, remember that the Abstracts/Cosmics were going to completely erase Galactus from all existance (all Multiverses). So since Big G is necessary for cosmic balance, I'm sure it would have taken immense power and control to wipe out Galactus without upsetting the balance.

never the less, I do agree that it was an LT M Body, because the true LT should have been able to snap his fingers to erase Big G.

Do u think the true Living Tribunal is more powerful than the Heart of the Infinite?

Galan007
Do u think the true Living Tribunal is more powerful than the Heart of the Infinite? no

guy222
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Reed defeated LT and than woke up ... So it was all a dream ...

reed and sue should stay sleeping
sue beating exitar
reed punking LT

comics have to go back to their roots
made more sense in the early days smokin'

leonidas
Do u think the true Living Tribunal is more powerful than the Heart of the Infinite?

it's actually quite impossible to say. i think galen is still of the opinion that the hotu absorbed the multiverse in THE END. even if that IS true, there is some evidence it STILL wouldn't have been enough to absorb lt in his totality -- lt is also claimed by some to be supreme in the OMNIVERSE. (not a position i personally ascribe to . . .)

so . . .

if it WAS the totality of lt that the hotu absorbed (a fact i wholly disagree with as well -- i think it was an m-body along with the eternity and infinity m-bodies that were absorbed and only that particular UNIVERSE was absorbed) does that mean the REST of the omniverse was WITHOUT an lt for a time? ie: when lt was absorbed did the hotu sort of . . . 'suck lt out' of all the other 'multiverses' as well . . .? confused

Prof S.T.I.

if it WAS the totality of lt that the hotu absorbed (a fact i wholly disagree with as well -- i think it was an m-body along with the eternity and infinity m-bodies that were absorbed and only that particular UNIVERSE was absorbed) does that mean the REST of the omniverse was WITHOUT an lt for a time? ie: when lt was absorbed did the hotu sort of . . . 'suck lt out' of all the other 'multiverses' as well . . .? confused

Or maybe the writer wasn't so 'knowledgable', and unfortunately as sad as some of the members of Kmc, who seem to know the up most inner 'Theology' of the Marvel universe.

TRASNLATION : 'badwriting'

guy222
no

thanks for answering wink

Mr Master
The reason why Reed was able to do anything to LT, is because Last Planet Standing was NON-CANON in every sense of the word.

Not an alternate Universe or any exceptable Universe whatsoever, it was simply non-canon.

So the writer can make any garbage up, and publish it.

LT has never in his history of appearances, (and I have all of them), been categorized as an M-body of lesser power.

No where On Panel is the Living Tribunal ever been accused of being an M-body, that represents part of him.

There is only ONE LT, and he exists simultaneously in all Multi-verses.

No such thing as an LT M-body that comes in fractions On Panel.

leonidas
it was set in the MC2 universe, designated earth 982. it WAS an alternate earth, but it WAS within the marvel multiverse. thta would mean the LT there was the SAME as the lt everywhere . . .

bigbran

how can anyone believe this was anything OTHER than an lt m-body that was banished by reed . . .? Or, cosmic jobbing is more in order...

Everyone jobs at one point. You can't just claim it as an M-body when things go wrong.
It was probably the real LT (not convinced about this whole M-body idea), and basically, the whole story was LT written horribly.

Same with Reed (not about his super-canon), but why would Reed even think about attacking the second most powerful being? It just doesn't seem to be in character...

juggernaut66666
This is the the same story where Galactus becomes the "Silver Galactus." laughing laughing laughing
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3584/1ao5.th.jpg
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/3315/2iw6.th.jpg

guy222
no

are u sure

the true living tribunal

King Kandy
it was set in the MC2 universe, designated earth 982. it WAS an alternate earth, but it WAS within the marvel multiverse. thta would mean the LT there was the SAME as the lt everywhere . . .
It's been editorialy referred to as out of canon, it never happened.

Galan007
are u sure

the true living tribunal Thanos /w/ THOTI absorbed Eternity, Infinity, and The Living Tribunal all at once, with little effort:
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1825/teb9.th.jpg

So NO.

THOTI>LT

King Kandy
Thanos /w/ THOTI absorbed Eternity, Infinity, and The Living Tribunal all at once, with little effort:
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1825/teb9.th.jpg

So NO.

THOTI>LT
Yeah, what do people think the POINT of Marvel Universe: The End was?

Ethereal
But the "blast" ( if it was a blast) didnt actually show them being destroyed. It just shown a flash.

Besides it was just for throwing off the cosmic powers fluctuations around n about.

leonidas
Originally posted by King Kandy
It's been editorialy referred to as out of canon, it never happened.

where?

in-book references>editor references, imo.

and bran -- we COULD cry PIS, but crying PIS is a cop-out imo. i hate crying PIS because it's a 'last resort' argument. true enough that it DOES occur, though not with the frequency some would say, imo, but in this case there is no NEED for a last resort.

i showed a scan previously where contemplator -- an elder of the universe -- refers to LT as a representation. we know he appears in the realm of manifestations. we kow other abstracts/cosmic forces use m-bodies. to me, it seems pretty clear and no stretch at all to say LT uses m-bodies. erm

King Kandy
There's an in-book reference to it being canon? That was not in the book itself?

Editors said that Earth X is non-canon, I don't se you crying to defend that...

juggernaut66666
where?

and bran -- we COULD cry PIS, but crying PIS is a cop-out imo. i hate crying PIS because it's a 'last resort' argument. true enough that it DOES occur, though not with the frequency some would say, imo, but in this case there is no NEED for a last resort.

i showed a scan previously where contemplator -- an elder of the universe -- refers to LT as a representation. we know he appears in the realm of manifestations. we kow other abstracts/cosmic forces use m-bodies. to me, it seems pretty clear and no stretch at all to say LT uses m-bodies. erm
I heven't seen to many Silver Galactuses running around in any other comic laughing

Mr Master
where?

Last Planet Standing is Non-canon.

It was full of PIS, but that's inconsequential because it's non-canon.

i showed a scan previously where contemplator -- an elder of the universe -- refers to LT as a representation.

The Living Tribunal, like Eternity or Galactus (who is NOT an Abstract), is perceived in different forms, according to the eye of the beholder.

This is why the Contemplator says, "that Entity sitting in Judgement represents the Living Tribunal"

This in NO way proves that's any less of a quantity of himself.

we know he appears in the realm of manifestations.

Of course he does,

it's HIS Realm:

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/7527/lkr7.th.jpg
"The DIMENSION of MANIFESTATIONS ... The REALM of the LIVING TRIBUNAL"

we kow other abstracts/cosmic forces use m-bodies.

Yes, we know that.

But there is NO proof that the M-bodys of Abstract are not the totality of said Abstracts' powers.

to me, it seems pretty clear and no stretch at all to say LT uses m-bodies.

Since there is no on panel proof that LT uses M-bodies, to me, there is only ONE LT and he is simultaneously everywhere:
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/2994/lt2cm.th.jpg

leonidas
There's an in-book reference to it being canon? That was not in the book itself?

Editors said that Earth X is non-canon, I don't se you crying to defend that...

crying . . .? What the f**k?

anyway . . . there is an obvious difference between earth x and last planet to my argument. i'm not arguing last planet standing itself is canon -- i'm saying that since last planet took place within the multiverse (and since it was designated an alternate earth and catalogued as part of our multiverse by marvel) then the appearance of LIVING TRIBUNAL in last planet should be seen as canon. nothing else in the book is canon any more than any character in any what if is canon (so no, a silver galactus is NOT canon . . . roll eyes (sarcastic) )

last planet was essentially a what if, and LT's appearances in what ifs ARE canon. so you tell me: why WOULDN'T his appearance on THIS alternate earth be considered canon? where exactly is the proof that his appearance was non-canon . . .?

leonidas
Last Planet Standing is Non-canon.

again i say: proof? does it take place within the multiverse? within A multiverse? because according to the official marvel handbook of alternate earths it does . . . and using your lt scan, ANY multiverse is still canon for lt . . .

and yet galactus appears different to every race, so clearly he is not a simple physical being either. galactus seems to be something inbetween, imo. and that issue of quasar also says that g DOES at times employ an m-body.

galactus does the same. the m-body represents lt like any m-body represents any abstract.

his actions can be taken as proof enough, imo. lt m-bodies would also easily explain other poor showings by lt -- gotg, for example. or do we simply assign EVERY poor showing by him PIS . . .?

and yet he himself is NOT a manifestation? conincidentally funny realm to live in then . . . erm

you keep saying that but eternity itself said to warlock that it was NOT the totality of the universe.

clearly.

ON-PANEL.

you continue to cry for on-panel proof yet when it is shown to you clear as can be, you wave it off as meaningless or assign an impossible explanation to rationalize it away. impossible because multi-eternity did not EXIST at the time . . . even seeing the m-body destroyed is waved off as an unsupported trick or you say it's PIS. it seems everytime something is brought up, it is waved off by people (not speaking to you directly, mm) who disagree as PIS.

it's pretty common knowledge that PIS is the last cry of someone who has no recourse in a debate . . . no (a little hint to tournament participants -- do NOT cry PIS in the tournament. it is not looked upon favourably by judges . . .)

and btw, what i'm saying in no way promotes the notion that there is more than one lt. there would STILL be just one -- just that he would appear as an m-body in all universes, as opposed to his TOTALITY in every universe.

King Kandy
I don't care about "alternate Universes".

It's not a What If, What If's are canon for the Multiverse, wheras Last Planet standing is a total Bullshit story that isn't even a canon alternate universe, it isn't part of the MU.

Mr Master
and yet galactus appears different to every race, so clearly he is not a simple physical being either. galactus seems to be something inbetween, imo.

I'll agree with that.

and that issue of quasar also says that g DOES at times employ an m-body.

Yea, but Galactus type Entitys only use M-body's to make an appearance somewhere without actually attending:
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9800/mds0.th.jpg

Now that's what I call an M-body that definitively is not a "totality"

why?

Cause that's what it say's on panel.

galactus does the same. the m-body represents lt like any m-body represents any abstract.

There is no on panel proof that LT has M-bodys, there is only proof that LT exists everywhere simultaneously:
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/2994/lt2cm.th.jpg

Why would he need an M-body, if he is everywhere at all times?

or do we simply assign EVERY poor showing by him PIS . . .?

What are his poor showings in legitimate Comic book titles?

and yet he himself is NOT a manifestation? conincidentally funny realm to live in then . . .

He doesn't need to be, for he is everywhere simultaneously.

you keep saying that but eternity itself said to warlock that it was NOT the totality of the universe.

clearly.

ON-PANEL.

you continue to cry for on-panel proof yet when it is shown to you clear as can be, you wave it off as meaningless or assign an impossible explanation to rationalize it away. impossible because multi-eternity did not EXIST at the time . . .

Taking "multi-eternity" out of that equation, where and when has Eternity EVER said he was not the totality of the Universe?

If your talking about this scan:

"If this were not merely a Visualization of my Totality, the Gauntlet's Effect would have been Nonexistent"
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/4414/we2ue1.th.jpg

In fact, Eternity clearly says that this IS his TOTALITY!

"a visualization of his Totality"

Do you see Eternity anywhere saying, this is a part, or fraction, or portion of his totality visualized?

Or anything even remotely implying he's claiming to not be the totality of the Universe?

How did he make you see something that's not there.

Guess I should continue to "cry" for on panel proof to the contrary ey?

even seeing the m-body destroyed is waved off as an unsupported trick or you say it's PIS.

Not waved off, it's what happened on panel:

Protege and the Beyonder are teleported by the Living Tribunal into the Dimension of Manifestations, they end up in Scathan the Celestials HAND:
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/1921/p1nj1.th.jpg

Next Panel:

Then Protege and the Beyonder expand to the size of Eternity, and attack Eternity (or so it seems)
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/9104/p2ue6.th.jpg

Next Panel:

"Everything REVERTED back as if NOTHING HAPPENED"
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/214/e1dz7.th.jpg
Eternity then says,
"For indeed NOTHING has"

Doesn't this look EXACTLY like the SAME point where they started from when they appeared in the Celestial HAND?

If it was only Eternity that was falsely destroyed in which a new M-body immediately resurfaced, why did EVERYTHING change?

Why were Protege and the Beyonder brought back to the size of Scathan's HAND?

Why is EVERYONE in the EXACT same position as when Protege and Beyonder appeared in Scathan's HAND for the first time?

hm

and btw, what i'm saying in no way promotes the notion that there is more than one lt. there would STILL be just one -- just that he would appear as an m-body in all universes, as opposed to his TOTALITY in every universe.

There is no proof that LT appears in fractions of himself.

There is no proof that Eternity appears in fractions of himself either.

Mr Master
his actions can be taken as proof enough, imo. lt m-bodies would also easily explain other poor showings by lt -- gotg, for example.

This is from my personal thread,

this isn't a poor showing, this is true PIS.

hysterical2

Endless Mike
You know, I just thought of something: Why is it that everyone accepts Doom stealing the powers of the Pre - Retcon Beyonder, but not this?

leonidas

Do you see Eternity anywhere saying, this is a part, or fraction, or portion of his totality visualized?

Or anything even remotely implying he's claiming to not be the totality of the Universe?

and yet there is clearly stated a DIFFERENCE IN POWER between this 'visualization/representation' and the totality. if the m-body IS the totality, why does he SAY that if it WAS his totality, he wouldn't have been affected?? What the f**k?

there are only 2 ways to see this:

1. the m-body IS the totality and should NOT have been affected by aw.

or

2. the m-body is simply a VISUALIZATION of the totality and NOT the ACTUAL totality and therefore IS affected by the attack.

it cannot be both. and it seems pretty clear in that scan which option is the true one.

that's all circumstantial and your interpretation. there is nothing said about a trick being played, or an illusion. the m-body was meaningless and its destruction amounted to nothing -- nothing happened when it was destroyed.

nor is there proof to support your theory. where does it say he DOES appear in his totality everywhere? m-bodies easily explain low showings. you're only recourse in those cases are PIS. my theory fits what is shown. yours forces readers to disregard things as PIS.

and so kk (and mm, i guess since you said the same thing) i assume there IS no editorial proof (or proof of any kind) to say conclusively that last planet IS non-canon as regards lt . . .? yet it's listed in alternate earths, an official marvel source, which means it IS part of the multiverse which means that it was the 'totality' of lt that reed managed to banish . . .? confused

an lt m-body would explain the fact that lt needed to draw power from the ancient one's amulet in gotg. it would explain his ridiculous 'supreme judgement' (a supernova!!) in korvac. it would explain last planet. it would explain strange's ability to even briefly engage lt in a battle. m-bodies explain all of that. he calls the dimension of manifestations (where m-bodies are created!) his home. all of these things seem to point to one thing -- lt uses m-bodies that are less powerful than lt in his totality would be.

and before you say -- "there is no on-panel proof that he uses them!" there is EQUALLY no proof he doesn't. the m-body theory explains all the poor showings. the singular, totality theory of lt needs to resort to PIS -- repeatedly, to explain them away.

choose to subscribe to whichever theory you like, but to me the choice seems pretty clear.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yeah, what do people think the POINT of Marvel Universe: The End was?

When THe Thanos Absorbed the LT, Infinity and Eternity, doesn't that somehow show that the HEart was only Universal? where is multi Eternity? I'm confused. I know the LT is multiversal but why only one Eternity and Infinity? Where are the other universes?

King Kandy
The only problem is that LT can put all his power in the M-Body.

For Eternity and the like, who are concepts, this would be detrimental to the universe... But LT is an entity, and putting all his power in an M-Body wouldn't do anything.

leonidas
except then hw could ALL his incarnations hold ALL his power . . .? :confusion:

lt can also be seen as an abstract -- the embodiment of multiversal balance, imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.