tyrant vs odin, zeus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigbran
100% tyrant vs 2 skyfathers. can they overpower him. they fight on neutral ground. im for tyrant.

bigbran
yep them skys lose.

bigbran
i guess the sky is the limit for these skyfathers.

bigbran
this is the giant tyrant that fought galactus. hes somewhere around 65, to 75% of galactus's full power.

grey fox
Stalemate

Xplosive
Tyrant.

Darth_Erebus
Against full powered Tyrant even Odin and Zeus go down.

Xplosive
Can someone help me about all comic books where Tyrant has been, all his appearances.

Mider
umm cosmic power i think he is suppose to be equal to galactus if he was at full power, galactus himself stated that if they both where to fight the universe would be wrecked.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Xplosive
Can someone help me about all comic books where Tyrant has been, all his appearances. He fights galactus in silver surfer 108-109. He fights Thanos as well as a number of heralds in cosmic powers issues 1-5

Mider
DIDNT KNOW THAT big grin thanks smile

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Mider
DIDNT KNOW THAT big grin thanks smile No problem

aliveinboston
Originally posted by bigbran
100% tyrant vs 2 skyfathers. can they overpower him. they fight on neutral ground. im for tyrant.

This is silly. Odin can control time and space across vast areas of the universe. Odin has fought battles of such immense power that the trail of sparks became a trail of suns and he still wasnt winded after winning. It's true that Marvel depowered Odin when Marvel decided to start pandering to the one-dimensional hulk/wolverine type fans but if we go by feats its not even close.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Big Sexy
He fights galactus in silver surfer 108-109. He fights Thanos as well as a number of heralds in cosmic powers issues 1-5

Thanks!

Big Sexy
Thanks! Dont mention it smile

Xplosive
Cosmic Powers 1-6.

Big Sexy
Cosmic Powers 1-6. Yes not the unlimited series

Big Sexy
Cosmic Powers 1-6. almost forgot Silver surfer 82,81

KillAll
damn, i'd say tyrant would have his hands full with either odin OR zues.... galactus was repelled by odin (here is the eye catcher) by himself.

tyrant isnt winning.

Soujaboy
Although Zues is no punk, feat wise Odin is the top notch in this fight. I know Galactus was starving but Thor had him running for his life with the god blast. Imagine what his father Odin could do to Tyrant, who is around 75% of Galactus.

I at least see a stalemate?

Big Sexy
Tyrant is said to be about a normal Galactus is power. I say its a very close battle but I consider a skyfather like odin or zeus to be as powerful as a 20 percent Galactus considering how silver surfer is only 1 percent.

Soujaboy
Feat wise Odin is far more than just 20% of Galactus. The coals from mjolnir created and destroyed worlds. I say a full powered Odin would be at the most a 50%-60% Galactus.

Big Sexy
yeah but destroying worlds is something Silver can due without problem. Not sure but has Odin had fights that have destroyed galaxies just because they were around ground zero?

celestialdemon
Based on showings against Thanos, both depowered Tyrant and Odin were relatively equal in power. So, 100% Tyrant would crush Odin and Zeus, especially on neutral ground, since it only helps Tyrant.

Big Sexy
No theres a difference though, when thanos fought tyrant he was amped, he fought odin on regular.

Mider
stop saying its this percent and that percent you dont have any proof of his power, he is strong enough to fight galactus and wreck the universe while doing it, and in my opinion skyfathers shouldnt be strong enough to destroy the universe he is just a earth skyfather if he is that strong youd think he would have done better since his power was in the destroyer.

Validus
Originally posted by Big Sexy
yeah but destroying worlds is something Silver can due without problem.
Based on average showings Silver Surfer owns Galactus. stick out tongue

Mider
surfer must have an army of fanboys behind him, thats pretty lame that galactus has better showings then galactus and surfer is suppose to have only a fraction of galactus power.

bigbran
the diff between galactus and tyrant, is that g is a jobber, and depowered tyrant beat galactus before by screwing with his machines. tyrant would crush odin and zzeus, who would be around 25% of big gs power and tyrant is about 65 to 75% of big gs power. depowered would be around id say 50%, tyrant s not a jobber or a pushover.

Mider
stop giving percentages did someone in MU give you this special insight no one else has?

bigbran
you think tyrant is close to gs power, he isnt, g doesnt have that power, no i dont but i have read in a lot of things that tyrant is about 65% of galactuss power, and if you want to start an arguement for no reason, be my guest, otherwise shut up.

bigbran
and this isnt about thanos so dont be a dick.

Mider
who cares if its about thanos or not you always come here assuming junk like your some kind of comic wizard tell me what is aunt may's maiden name, or what age did spiderman lose his wisdom tooth i dont care if you think he is only sixty five percent of big G's power big G himself said if they fought the universe would probably be wreaked dont tell me to shut up tell big G he the one who said it big grin

bigbran
big g could also destroy the universe 10x over if he was at full power, and the two of them are the most powerful people just flying around, so obviosly there going to wreck something, but that doesnt mean tyrant is as powerful as galactus.

bigbran
tyrant would beat these two skyfathers. and have sex with there wives.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by KillAll
damn, i'd say tyrant would have his hands full with either odin OR zues.... galactus was repelled by odin (here is the eye catcher) by himself.

tyrant isnt winning. what issue did that happen? also i think tyrant wins.
galactus flunctuates in power

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Mider
in my opinion skyfathers shouldnt be strong enough to destroy the universe he is just a earth skyfather if he is that strong youd think he would have done better since his power was in the destroyer. skyfather are nowhere near destroying a universe, a universe has trillions of galaxies and thousands of pocket dimension

zopzop
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
skyfather are nowhere near destroying a universe, a universe has trillions of galaxies and thousands of pocket dimension

I would have agreed with this statement till I saw the scans of the Odin/Seth fight.

On panel it was stated that this battle : shook the multiverse, rocked galaxies and ignited long dead stars, threaten to destroy ALL reality, and according to Dr. Strange "endangered this whole continuom (sp?)".

So Skyfathers are definitely, AT LEAST, universe level threats.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by zopzop
I would have agreed with this statement till I saw the scans of the Odin/Seth fight.

On panel it was stated that this battle : shook the multiverse, rocked galaxies and ignited long dead stars, threaten to destroy ALL reality, and according to Dr. Strange "endangered this whole continuom (sp?)".

So Skyfathers are definitely, AT LEAST, universe level threats. some of that was exaggeration

dr strange said the same about the galactus/agamotto fight iirc

zopzop
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
some of that was exaggeration

dr strange said the same about the galactus/agamotto fight iirc

That's what I thought too. That it was hyperbole. But Odin has a history of, a minimum, galaxy wide feats. His foes, like Surtur, have casually destroyed an entire galaxy.

He's tapped into the power of Infinity itself and she either didn't care or she couldn't stop him.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yet when he grew large and drew on the power of Asgard like in his fight with seth.. he got one shot by Doom with Galactus's power... That tells you how far Galactus is above even this Giant sized out for the kill Odin.

quanchi112
Tyrant wins.

zopzop
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Yet when he grew large and drew on the power of Asgard like in his fight with seth.. he got one shot by Doom with Galactus's power... That tells you how far Galactus is above even this Giant sized out for the kill Odin.

Kurupt trust me when I say, no one hates the crap that Marvel tries to ram down our throat regarding Odin and Thor than I do. Having said that, when Reed was briefing the crew, he said "If all Doom acquired was Galactus' power, we'd have a chance". Doom had more than just Galactus' energies he had some Rod and a few more artifacts.

Reed believed that Odin and crew would have a chance vs Doom with only Galactus' might.

zeel
odin and zeus are going to be on the defensive all the time. Strong effort but they lose.

Sr J-Bieb
Kurupt trust me when I say, no one hates the crap that Marvel tries to ram down our throat regarding Odin and Thor than I do. Having said that, when Reed was briefing the crew, he said "If all Doom acquired was Galactus' power, we'd have a chance". Doom had more than just Galactus' energies he had some Rod and a few more artifacts.

Reed believed that Odin and crew would have a chance vs Doom with only Galactus' might. All those artifacts were irrelevant because he wasn't using them, nor would they matter.

However, he did have the Cosmic Cube in his armor that he apparently didn't notice when it was knocked out. So it seems reasonable to assume he wasn't using it. But he most definately had it on him. So ya, it's hazy.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
All those artifacts were irrelevant because he wasn't using them, nor would they matter.

However, he did have the Cosmic Cube in his armor that he apparently didn't notice when it was knocked out. So it seems reasonable to assume he wasn't using it. But he most definately had it on him. So ya, it's hazy.

The cosmic cube itself is also given Doom's statement largely irrelevant to what Doom accomplished. Reed said "if only that" adding that more power was indeed in play but Galactus power was more then enough, as Reed makes clear in his last sentence it's Doom arquering Galactus power that gives him absolute power.

Black bolt z
Ummm....how is this not spite?Abstract vs. skyfathers...

DarkOdin
Yet when he grew large and drew on the power of Asgard like in his fight with seth.. he got one shot by Doom with Galactus's power... That tells you how far Galactus is above even this Giant sized out for the kill Odin. It was doom with galactus's power plus a cube however Even the Odin destory which stood up to the fourth host could take maybe a win or 2 depending but either way 100% tryrant should take the majority over 2 skyfathers

zopzop
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Ummm....how is this not spite?Abstract vs. skyfathers...

Oh it's spite alright, but not the way you are thinking. Have you seen the feats that ONE skyfather, Odin, is capable of? Two of them together would mean serious trouble for FP Tyrant.

It all comes down to exactly where Galactus falls on the cosmic power scale (since FP Tyrant was about equal to FP Galactus). If Big G is > than a skyfather, then maybe Tyrant has a chance. If Big G is = to a skyfather, then Tyrant stands NO chance in hell vs two of them.

quanchi112
Oh it's spite alright, but not the way you are thinking. Have you seen the feats that ONE skyfather, Odin, is capable of? Two of them together would mean serious trouble for FP Tyrant.

It all comes down to exactly where Galactus falls on the cosmic power scale (since FP Tyrant was about equal to FP Galactus). If Big G is > than a skyfather, then maybe Tyrant has a chance. If Big G is = to a skyfather, then Tyrant stands NO chance in hell vs two of them. Why isn't Galactus much greater than a skyfather ?

zopzop
Originally posted by quanchi112
Why isn't Galactus much greater than a skyfather ?

I always ASSumed he was. But after chatting/debating people on this board, I'm not so sure anymore. Odin, let's forget Zeus for one sec, has stupendously high level feats under his belt. I'm talking feats that Eternity/Infinity/The LT/The PF/etc... haven't even done.

quanchi112
I always ASSumed he was. But after chatting/debating people on this board, I'm not so sure anymore. Odin, let's forget Zeus for one sec, has stupendously high level feats under his belt. I'm talking feats that Eternity/Infinity/The LT/The PF/etc... haven't even done. Galactus is portrayed as much more powerful than Odin has though that's why going by feats and feats alone is foolhardy.

zopzop
But what has Galactus done that places him in Odin's bracket feats wise?

His biggest recent feat was wiping a galaxy clean of the Annihilation Wave. Before that it was tping a galaxy to safety. That's about it.

Odin is a confirmed galaxy buster too. He's done things like tap into Infinity's power. Defeated Surtur (who CASUALLY destroyed a galaxy to create his sword). His fight with Seth shook the multiverse, rocked distant galaxies, and ignited long dead stars. On panel it was stated that all reality was in danger of "dying".

quanchi112

His biggest recent feat was wiping a galaxy clean of the Annihilation Wave. Before that it was tping a galaxy to safety. That's about it.

Odin is a confirmed galaxy buster too. He's done things like tap into Infinity's power. Defeated Surtur (who CASUALLY destroyed a galaxy to create his sword). His fight with Seth shook the multiverse, rocked distant galaxies, and ignited long dead stars. On panel it was stated that all reality was in danger of "dying". So what ? We've seen Galactus easily trash earth while weakened and show that he's far above Odin level who failed to even harm a celestial with two other skyfathers there boosting their blast.

DarkOdin

Odin is a confirmed galaxy buster too. He's done things like tap into Infinity's power. Defeated Surtur (who CASUALLY destroyed a galaxy to create his sword). His fight with Seth shook the multiverse, rocked distant galaxies, and ignited long dead stars. On panel it was stated that all reality was in danger of "dying". 2 skyfather should be enough to give Galactus hell even assuming he is just ate. however Galactus/tryant should win clearly.

Colossus-Big C
I always ASSumed he was. But after chatting/debating people on this board, I'm not so sure anymore. Odin, let's forget Zeus for one sec, has stupendously high level feats under his belt. I'm talking feats that Eternity/Infinity/The LT/The PF/etc... haven't even done. actually all the guys you mention have greater feats than odin

TheLordofMurder
IMHO, Full Power Tyrant should be far above Odin and Zeus...

Doesnt the pecking order go:

Street Level
Enhanced
Herald
Trans
Skyfather
Elder God
Cosmic Cube
High End Cosmic/Abstract
God Tier
Then comes TOAA

Thats the way it goes from my understanding; accordingly, Full Power Tyrant and Galactus (both of which belong in the High End Cosmic/Abstract tier) rank far above a Skyfather on the totem pole...

Even though the feats dont back this up, Full Power Tyrant should be far above Odin and Zeus...

And besides (its amazing, btw, how Quans IQ raises 150 points whenever Thanos is not the topic of discussion) you cant go strictly by feats when debating power levels; implied power is important too...

Afterall, Love and Hate (for example) lack feats...but despite that, who here doubts that Love and Hate effortlessly overwhelm Odin and Zeus?

Lastly, we cant overlook inconsistent writing when debating this; Galactus (in particular) is written down more than any other Cosmic/Abstract with the exception of Eternity...so you gotta factor that as well.

Rage.Of.Olympus
A Zeus who was only a little stronger than an average Skyfather just took down -albeit temporarily- Galactus pretty easily. I don't necessarily agree with it but just saying.....

Zop, IRCC, when Galactus stalemated Mephisto, they had a battle on a massive scale that was destroying Galaxies and the like I believe. Something worth noting. Galactus can and has operated on a galactic busting scale. Did so with Tyrant I believe.

By the way, based on what I've see from their interactions? Odin at the very least equals Mephisto in power. IRCC at one point Mephisto was bragging that in his realm, his power even equals that of Odin.

I honestly don't understand why some people have a problem with Odin and the like rivaling Galactus. It's not like Odin lacks the feats of power.

You wanna complain? Complain about Quasar blocking his eye beams, Wasp surviving his eye beams -albeit he was starving- and f*cking Hulk's son punking him and Galan taking it like a b*tch when he should have incinerated the little bastard from the get go. Turning Galactus into an addict. Lulz worthy.

Recently him being f*cking flabbergasted by Zeus' power made me facepalm. His Galactus, not the Silver Surfer. At best he should show temper but besides that he should be beyond normal emotions. His mind should even operate like other entities.

Fed Galactus > Odin that much I think is true at this point but anyone who thinks the gap is somehow extensive is someone I disagree with. I might not like Pak's writing but if his event cements that the gap between Skyfathers and Galactus level beings is tiny then I can bear it till the end.

Just my two cents on the subject. Off to studying.

Originally posted by quanchi112
So what ? We've seen Galactus easily trash earth while weakened and show that he's far above Odin level who failed to even harm a celestial with two other skyfathers there boosting their blast.

At the time Celestials were the greatest power in the Universe. At least considered by those writers. Above the previous entities. Yes, including Galactus.

Didn't really help that Thomas was toning Odin down a fair bit...

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
IMHO, Full Power Tyrant should be far above Odin and Zeus...

Doesnt the pecking order go:

Street Level
Enhanced
Herald
Trans
Skyfather
Elder God
Cosmic Cube
High End Cosmic/Abstract
God Tier
Then comes TOAA

Let me say I agree 10000% with your list. That's how it SHOULD be, but it's not.

I'm not a fan of the "implied power" argument. If it's not on panel, it's totally up to debate. See below.

I doubt! smile And let me give you an example.

When the COMBINED might of Love/Hate/Order/Chaos/Galactus/Kronos/Stranger/Eon was unleashed upon Thanos in the Infinity Gauntlet Saga, "only" the immediate solar system and "many" nearby ones were destroyed.

Surtur, who is more or less Odin level, destroyed an entire GALAXY just to forge his sword! It's even more embarrassing to the COMBINED cosmics that he did it effortlessly and all by himself.

TheLordofMurder
As pertains the IG arc and Surter destroying a Galaxy, you can sum it up two different ways:

1) Surter destroying a Galaxy was BS, bad, writing...

2) The cosmics/abstracts failing to do far more damage to the Universe was BS, bad, writing...

Its either one or the other...

IMHO, though, both cases are BS as (again in my HONEST opinion) a Skyfather level being shouldnt be capable of casually destroying a galaxy and the combined might of several high end cosmics/abstracts should have torn the universe apart...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why shouldn't a being on the level of Odin operate on a Galactic scale?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Why shouldn't a being on the level of Odin operate on a Galactic scale?

Again, IMHO, he is an Earth level deity; him having Galactic shaking power makes no sense to me as a result...

World shaking power? Sure...absolutely. But him having the power to destroy galaxies either directly or as a side effect of his battles is complete overkill given what he's supposed to be...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Again, IMHO, he is an Earth level deity; him having Galactic shaking power makes no sense to me as a result...

World shaking power? Sure...absolutely. But him having the power to destroy galaxies either directly or as a side effect of his battles is complete overkill given what he's supposed to be...

Earth level deity? And who decided what level Odin should be limited to? You? Stan wrote him as a galactic force during the Silver Age and since then many writers have wrote him at varying levels but as we've seen even as recently as the late 90's, Odin can operate on a Galactic level if the story calls for it. The only time there was a legit depowering was during the Thomas era in my opinion.

And what exactly is Odin supposed to be in your opinion?

TheLordofMurder
Keep in mind though that I am on record of believing that retcons should be handed out almost universally across the board...

Comicbooks are here to be entertaining...and that I completely agree with...but some things make absolutely no sense whatsoever; especially as pertains the power scale in the Marvel Universe....

I would atleast make that part somewhat logical if it were up to me...

TheLordofMurder
Earth level deity? And who decided what level Odin should be limited to? You? Stan wrote him as a galactic force during the Silver Age and since then many writers have wrote him at varying levels but as we've seen even as recently as the late 90's, Odin can operate on a Galactic level if the story calls for it. The only time there was a legit depowering was during the Thomas era in my opinion.

Just my thoughts...

Odin is supposed to be an Earth level deity; he's never (to my knowledge atleast) been written to "watch over" and be worshipped on countless planets across the universe...

If he was written as such then I'd be behind the idea of him having Galactic destroying power...but he's never been written that way from what I've read.

quanchi112
A Zeus who was only a little stronger than an average Skyfather just took down -albeit temporarily- Galactus pretty easily. I don't necessarily agree with it but just saying.....

Zop, IRCC, when Galactus stalemated Mephisto, they had a battle on a massive scale that was destroying Galaxies and the like I believe. Something worth noting. Galactus can and has operated on a galactic busting scale. Did so with Tyrant I believe.

By the way, based on what I've see from their interactions? Odin at the very least equals Mephisto in power. IRCC at one point Mephisto was bragging that in his realm, his power even equals that of Odin.

I honestly don't understand why some people have a problem with Odin and the like rivaling Galactus. It's not like Odin lacks the feats of power.

You wanna complain? Complain about Quasar blocking his eye beams, Wasp surviving his eye beams -albeit he was starving- and f*cking Hulk's son punking him and Galan taking it like a b*tch when he should have incinerated the little bastard from the get go. Turning Galactus into an addict. Lulz worthy.

Recently him being f*cking flabbergasted by Zeus' power made me facepalm. His Galactus, not the Silver Surfer. At best he should show temper but besides that he should be beyond normal emotions. His mind should even operate like other entities.

Fed Galactus > Odin that much I think is true at this point but anyone who thinks the gap is somehow extensive is someone I disagree with. I might not like Pak's writing but if his event cements that the gap between Skyfathers and Galactus level beings is tiny then I can bear it till the end.

Just my two cents on the subject. Off to studying.

At the time Celestials were the greatest power in the Universe. At least considered by those writers. Above the previous entities. Yes, including Galactus.

Didn't really help that Thomas was toning Odin down a fair bit... Odin isn't normally portrayed on Galactus' level and we also see a dramatic difference in power when they both fared off against Thanos.

We've also seen Galactus singlehandedly end the a wave whereas odin was taken prisoner by some rascally fire ants. Galactus is leaps and bounds above Odin. We saw Galactus as a peer to the Celestials, Eternity, etc. odin was with all the other bum skyfathers trapped because Thanos downed his ranbow bridge.

zopzop

I know you were asking the LordofMurder this question but I can't help it big grin

IMHO it's a question of a) Age (the longer you are around the more time you have to master your powers and acquire new sources of power) and b) Sphere of Influence (number of worshipers, are of authority, etc...)

Odin is a fetus in terms of age and his sphere of influence is limited to his Nordic worshipers (compare this to Skyfathers like Vishnu).

I mean Gods like Walker are a different story. He's ancient, way older than Odin's 4000-6000 years (and I'm being generous with that number) and an ENTIRE galaxy worshiped only him. Hundreds of billions (trillions?) of worshipers spanning the length of an entire galaxy!

IMHO Skyfathers should be planet busting at their BEST.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I know you were asking the LordofMurder this question but I can't help it big grin

IMHO it's a question of a) Age (the longer you are around the more time you have to master your powers and acquire new sources of power) and b) Sphere of Influence (number of worshipers, are of authority, etc...)

Odin is a fetus in terms of age and his sphere of influence is limited to his Nordic worshipers (compare this to Skyfathers like Vishnu).

I mean Gods like Walker are a different story. He's ancient, way older than Odin's 4000-6000 years (and I'm being generous with that number) and an ENTIRE galaxy worshiped only him. Hundreds of billions (trillions?) of worshipers spanning the length of an entire galaxy!

IMHO Skyfathers should be planet busting at their BEST.

It's fine.

Odin has been around long enough. I don't understand why people have this hang up on worshipers. I don't recall Odin ever wanting or even being interested in worshipers. Worshipers =/= Power.

Lulz.

We've seen Thor create man and even the current landscape of Earth. Heck, it's been mentioned that Thor has lived long enough to watch worlds die and Suns explode. Odin at best is billions of years old.

The only way Odin is limited to a few thousand years -2000 to be exact- is if you go by that ridiculous Thomas era retcon where the previous gods merged Dragon Ball Z style which was promplty ignored and re-retconed by Simonson when he took over and by now it's been long forgotten.

erm Heralds like Thor, Superman, Surfer etc. can bust planets. Limiting Skyfather's to planet busting is asinine.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Just my thoughts...

Odin is supposed to be an Earth level deity; he's never (to my knowledge atleast) been written to "watch over" and be worshipped on countless planets across the universe...

If he was written as such then I'd be behind the idea of him having Galactic destroying power...but he's never been written that way from what I've read.

Worshipers =/= Power. Pretty sure Hulk's worshiped by more than one world.

What do you mean watch over? The Universe? Odin's done that plenty of times.

Well then problem solved. He has been written as such.

Good night. I'm off.

Quan, if your lucky, I might take a minute or two to reply to your post (Didn't even bother reading it)

Utrigita

Odin is a confirmed galaxy buster too. He's done things like tap into Infinity's power. Defeated Surtur (who CASUALLY destroyed a galaxy to create his sword). His fight with Seth shook the multiverse, rocked distant galaxies, and ignited long dead stars. On panel it was stated that all reality was in danger of "dying".

You need to read up on Galactus mate, if you think teleporting a Galaxy is the best feat he had before wiping a galaxy clean.

TheLordofMurder
@Rage

If it were up to me, no herald would be busting planets; in particular I would have hit Supes with the nerf bat long long ago...

I remember an issue of the Fantastic Four where Terrax (Classic Terrax) used his power over earth and rock to levitate a large piece of New York into LEO (Low Earth Orbit; if memory serves me correctly); this is a tremendous feat IMHO...

This is the type of feat I firmly believe a High Herald should be capable of when using his/her/its power to its limit...

See we have a problem with the power levels here in comics as they currently exist:

High Heralds bust planets...
Skyfathers bust galaxies...
So does this mean that Trans Tier characters should bust Solar Systems? Logic dictates that they should going with what the characters above and below them can do...
No major problem at this point though, so lets continue...

Skyfathers bust Galaxies...
Cube Beings can warp an entire universe...
So where does this place Elder Gods like Gaea and Set? Should they be busting Galactic Clusters? IMHO, they sure as hell shouldnt; going by the trend we have here they should, but lets continue as I am nearing my point...

So where does this place Abstracts and High End (Semi Abstract) Cosmic characters like Galactus and Celestials? Abstracts, by definition, represent a significant portion of the universe...so are we to believe that Cube Beings exceed the power of any Abstract or High End Cosmic? Going by feats they do...

And if Elder Gods are to be capable of busting Galactic Clusters, then what can Abstract and High End Cosmic characters do? Bust entire universes when thier power is only a portion of the universe itself?

As you can see, things fall apart and stop making logical sense with the current system as it is...

In my minds eye this is all wrong; because of the "Superman Inflation Effect" writers have gone way over board with the feats some of these various characters are able to pull off...and so we now have characters performing ridiculous feats that far exceed what they logically should be able to do.

In my minds eye it should go like this:

Street Level: Can beat up common thugs...
Enhanced: Can go crazy and start blowing up cars and wrecking buildings...
Heralds: Can destroy/manipulate matter/energy on the scale of a small moon; Phobos for example...
Trans: Can destroy/manipulate matter/energy on the scale of a large moon; Earths moon for example...
Skyfather: Capable of destroying/manipulating matter/energy on a planetary scale; Earth for example...
Elder God: Capable of destroying/manipulating matter/energy on a solar mass scale; Our Sun for example...
Cube Being: Can reality warp multiple solar systems or a small pocket dimension at will...
High End Cosmics/Abstracts: Can bust galaxies; the greatest of these can bust galactic clusters...
God Tier: Can wreck havok on a universal scale; the lowest can destroy a universe, but not all at once, the highest of these can bust an entire universe all at once...

That is how it would go if I were in charge; as it is at the moment, things are far too inconsistent at times...and there often seems to be no direction or blueprint as to how character power level should be rated.

Colossus-Big C

KuRuPT Thanosi
How many times do I need to repeat this... Odin isn't near Galactus level in power. As I mentioned before... Even when Odin drew on the power of Asgard and grew to huge levels (this to some means he's not holding back) He was ONE SHOT with ease by Doom with Galactus's Power. He wasn't using the CC nor any artifacts at the time. That is HOW EASY it was.

Further, when have you seen Odin at ANY of the cosmic events that have taken place.. When people have gotten CC, IG's, The Heart and you have abstracts left and right being called to fight the threat. NEVER... NEVER is Odin called upon or anywhere to be seen. That should make it clear where he is on the totum pole... BELOW Galactus or Tyrant.

Colossus-Big C

Colossus-Big C
How many times do I need to repeat this... Odin isn't near Galactus level in power. As I mentioned before... Even when Odin drew on the power of Asgard and grew to huge levels (this to some means he's not holding back) He was ONE SHOT with ease by Doom with Galactus's Power. He wasn't using the CC nor any artifacts at the time. That is HOW EASY it was.

Further, when have you seen Odin at ANY of the cosmic events that have taken place.. When people have gotten CC, IG's, The Heart and you have abstracts left and right being called to fight the threat. NEVER... NEVER is Odin called upon or anywhere to be seen. That should make it clear where he is on the totum pole... BELOW Galactus or Tyrant. although im not disagreeing with you, but skyfathers have been called to fight along abstracts before,

both odin and zeus were

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27967/681021-gods_and_abstracts.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1417854-1161727_the_end__06_06_tato.jpg

KuRuPT Thanosi
How did that go for them?

Colossus-Big C
How did that go for them? they still got stomped by thanos with hotu

zopzop

Heralds: Can destroy/manipulate matter/energy on the scale of a small moon; Phobos for example...
Trans: Can destroy/manipulate matter/energy on the scale of a large moon; Earths moon for example...
Skyfather: Capable of destroying/manipulating matter/energy on a planetary scale; Earth for example...
Elder God: Capable of destroying/manipulating matter/energy on a solar mass scale; Our Sun for example...
Cube Being: Can reality warp multiple solar systems or a small pocket dimension at will...
High End Cosmics/Abstracts: Can bust galaxies; the greatest of these can bust galactic clusters...
God Tier: Can wreck havok on a universal scale; the lowest can destroy a universe, but not all at once, the highest of these can bust an entire universe all at once...

thumb up

Someone should email this list to the editors of Marvel.

Exactly! Believe it or not, I read on another forum that it was the writers that had no idea of relative size of a solar system vs a galaxy. They would use the two terms interchangeably. I think they, the writers, should sit in front of a chalkboard and have an astronomer explain to them the relative size of : moons, plants, stars, solar systems, galaxies, galactic clusters, and finally the universe. I bet you my life this crap would stop. "Superman Inflation Effect" or no big grin

TheLordofMurder
thumb up

Someone should email this list to the editors of Marvel.

Exactly! Believe it or not, I read on another forum that it was the writers that had no idea of relative size of a solar system vs a galaxy. They would use the two terms interchangeably. I think they, the writers, should sit in front of a chalkboard and have an astronomer explain to them the relative size of : moons, plants, stars, solar systems, galaxies, galactic clusters, and finally the universe. I bet you my life this crap would stop. "Superman Inflation Effect" or no big grin

I am glad you agree with the list! smile

And I agree with you that if an astronomer did some explaining and put everything into perspective for these writers, then that would do wonders to stop the SIE!

quanchi112
Worshipers =/= Power. Pretty sure Hulk's worshiped by more than one world.

What do you mean watch over? The Universe? Odin's done that plenty of times.

Well then problem solved. He has been written as such.

Good night. I'm off.

Quan, if your lucky, I might take a minute or two to reply to your post (Didn't even bother reading it) If you grow a set please do reply.

Rage.Of.Olympus
@Rage

If it were up to me, no herald would be busting planets; in particular I would have hit Supes with the nerf bat long long ago...

I remember an issue of the Fantastic Four where Terrax (Classic Terrax) used his power over earth and rock to levitate a large piece of New York into LEO (Low Earth Orbit; if memory serves me correctly); this is a tremendous feat IMHO...

This is the type of feat I firmly believe a High Herald should be capable of when using his/her/its power to its limit...

See we have a problem with the power levels here in comics as they currently exist:

So does this mean that Trans Tier characters should bust Solar Systems? Logic dictates that they should going with what the characters above and below them can do...

So where does this place Elder Gods like Gaea and Set? Should they be busting Galactic Clusters? IMHO, they sure as hell shouldnt; going by the trend we have here they should, but lets continue as I am nearing my point...

So where does this place Abstracts and High End (Semi Abstract) Cosmic characters like Galactus and Celestials? Abstracts, by definition, represent a significant portion of the universe...so are we to believe that Cube Beings exceed the power of any Abstract or High End Cosmic? Going by feats they do...

And if Elder Gods are to be capable of busting Galactic Clusters, then what can Abstract and High End Cosmic characters do? Bust entire universes when thier power is only a portion of the universe itself?

As you can see, things fall apart and stop making logical sense with the current system as it is...

In my minds eye this is all wrong; because of the "Superman Inflation Effect" writers have gone way over board with the feats some of these various characters are able to pull off...and so we now have characters performing ridiculous feats that far exceed what they logically should be able to do.

That is how it would go if I were in charge; as it is at the moment, things are far too inconsistent at times...and there often seems to be no direction or blueprint as to how character power level should be rated.

I guess you're entitled to your opinion but I disagree with your takes. At least if we go by character's portrayed on a good day.

Xplosive
Already the collteral damage of Galactus vs. Tyrant would wreck Odin and Zeus... Odin and Zeus would just be that... a collateral damage of Galactus and Tyrant first fight.

h1a8
Team wins but it aint easy.

h1a8
@Rage

This is beautiful and well thought out. I agree 100%. The inflation effect happens to compete with other characters (especially from other companies). But it creates an illogical system.
Only skyfathers should lay waste to a planet (not necessarily the pulverizing type of way)

Stoic
Tyrant loses. Odin alone would be a decent match for him, Zeus takes them over the top. If Thanos fought on Tyrant's team, I believe that they could win. That is if Thanos took on Zeus, if not it would be much closer than Tyrant trying to solo these guys.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Stoic
Tyrant loses. Odin alone would be a decent match for him

No he wouldn't. He wouldn't be a decent match at all for Tyrant. Not even close.

zopzop
No he wouldn't. He wouldn't be a decent match at all for Tyrant. Not even close.
thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah, god forbid Odin does as well as Thanos. Lol.

Insane Titan
Yeah, god forbid Odin does as well as Thanos. Lol. Thanos never fought full power Tyrant.

quanchi112
Tyrant wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.