"Classic"Adam Warlock vs. DC Ares

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
"Classic "Adam Warlock

vs.

DC Ares
God of Conflict

no godwave.

Adam Warlock
Bye Ares.

Not a walk in the park for Warlock. But he will take it more times than not.

Skeets
What do you mean by "classic Warlock"?

Accel
By "Classic Warlock," do you mean "Him?"

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by Accel
By "Classic Warlock," do you mean "Him?"

Probably. Or he could mean 70's Warlock. 70's Warlock was pretty powerful. Either will still beat Ares. Seeing Him did extremely well against a Warrior Madness Thor. Even had the advantage until he decided he could go toe to toe with WMT.

Mider
it took darkseid to defeat DC ares and he still had to fold time and space around him to keep him still, he defeated the entire JLA

what are warlocks feats?

JohnR
I'm confused about how "Classic" Adam Warlock differs from the current one, but I can't imagine any Adam Warlock short of the Magus having a decent chance against DC's Ares.

the Darkone
Classic Adam Warlock was more direct and ruthless, the mind gem is his trump card. Adam Warlock has some great feats, in Soul world he is unbeatable, he took out Drax the Destroyer, the Champion, Thanos, Magus etc don't sleep on him.

Laminator_X
"The Godslayer" was one of Warlock's aliases during that period. He also showed more of a willingness to use the Soul Gem is a straightforward and ruthless manor, i.e. soul-ripping foes or devolving enemies into earlier evolutionary forms. 90's Warlock was far gentler after his time spent in soul-world as a contemplative mystic. He would only use extreme force when his back was to the wall. 70's Warlock would often use it out of expedience.

If I remember correctly, Darkdeid's extreme measures were required because of the Godwave.

Adam Warlock
I also remember the Soul gem affecting the Star Thief whose powers were pretty much on a Galactic scale. Warlock survived all of the Star Thief's challenges flew through a black hole to get to earth. I'm pretty sure Warlock stole a small portion of the Star Thief's soul at one point. This would be an interesting match. I still think Warlock takes it more times than not. Without the Godwave, Ares has less of a chance. With it, this match could possibly go either way.

Mider
shouldnt have that gem in this battle thats almost automatic win

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by Mider
shouldnt have that gem in this battle thats almost automatic win

That's fine. Him was powerful as well. Him battled a Warrior Madness Thor doing quite well. Him will still take it.

Draco69
Ares. Far more powerful.

Especially now that he's gained power over the Underworld.

Now's the God of Conflict/War AND the Lord of the Underworld.

What people don't know is that you attempt any violence or antagonism against him, Ares gets stronger and stronger.

Mider
adam warlock couldnt put down thor could he we wont ever know, not even thanos could it took tech to do it but it took darkseid to wrap time and space around DC ares, and he did defeat all the JLA, even when he was not as strong as he was at that time, he almost killed the entire earth only reason he didnt is cause WW told him that if he did that no one would be left to believe in him and thus he would die, he also has power over any weapon i believe.

Cosmic Flame
There's a difference between not being able to do something and choosing to not use the force/power, etc. required to do it. When Warlock and WM Thor first fought, there wasn't a damn thing Thor could do to affect Warlock UNTIL Warlock decided to lower his forcefield. Until then, Him was just as durable as Thor.

Besides Warlock almost never battles using force unless required to. He usually acquires his victories through scheming.

And why is it that people always object to Warlock and the Soul Gem but not Thor and Mjolnir?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.