Latest News about X-Men Sequels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jury
Latest News about X-Men Sequels
Official Thread

If there is.

We can't use the X3 News thread anymore. So if ever you have any news for any upcoming X-Men movies, post them here.

gambit12

Arcane
i heard that the wolverine movie is comin out in 2007 and that Gambit is gonna be in it, main character apart from wolvie of corse

smiley8
I read on one of these threads that sawyer from lost said that he has been in talks for a gambit film?

NoFate007
I'm still hearing nothing about the villain for Wolverine but I think its almost implied that Omega Red is gonna be in it.

Dr.Variant
i think it will be just a weapon x film. although i would absolutely silver samuri as the villain

Noa
Omega red will be the villian in the Woliverine movie?? I hope not, it should be based in japan, maybe silver samurai could be in it?

Ieatbabies
I'm thinking Sabertooth might play a big role as well.

They are also talking of an Emma Frost spinoff, and a Magneto.

Still no word on an X4 but X3 has made enough money for there to be one.

TheOnes2
Another Wolverine movie? Im sick of that guy

cain marko
Originally posted by Ieatbabies
I'm thinking Sabertooth might play a big role as well.

They are also talking of an Emma Frost spinoff, and a Magneto.

Still no word on an X4 but X3 has made enough money for there to be one.

how can sabers be in it? wolvie didnt recognise him in X1

The Pict
Originally posted by cain marko
how can sabers be in it? wolvie didnt recognise him in X1

wolverine doesn't remember alot about his past.

Regulus A Black
yeah Sabertooth was always the one that recognized Wolverine, then after a while, Wolverine started knowing his scent, which if you go back and watch X1 Wolverine catchs his scent right before he attacks, meaning he does recognize him, just never calls him by name. haha so that logic don't work to well

benx
Originally posted by smiley8
I read on one of these threads that sawyer from lost said that he has been in talks for a gambit film?

was in a mag i read,
he tryed out for the role and got turned down,so joined lost insted...

Shalimar_fox
Originally posted by Regulus A Black
yeah Sabertooth was always the one that recognized Wolverine, then after a while, Wolverine started knowing his scent, which if you go back and watch X1 Wolverine catchs his scent right before he attacks, meaning he does recognize him, just never calls him by name. haha so that logic don't work to well in the truck with rouge

allofyousuckkk
where is all this info coming from...any links?

Jury
No news yet?

gambit12 mon ami

Sabretooth
I got one:

Marvel Screenwriter Simon Kinberg has confirmed that Sabretooth will be appearing in the Wolverine movie.

http://www.ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=1527

This makes me pretty damn happy.

Jury
That's predictable. Sabretooth played an important role in Wolvie's life. He was rumored to be his father.

gambit12 mon ami

allofyousuckkk
jesus christ! We don't need a wolverine movie, we need an X4. I don't know what to say. Now that it's confirmed. I'm speechless. I just.....uhh....Why? For the love of god, Why? How much further can you exploit one character. He isn't even that strong. WHY!?!?!?!?! Wasn't approximately 4 1/2 hours out of 6 enough time for him. Ohhhhh.....It's just....omg....why?

I thought it was just a terrible rumor, but I was wrong. I knew I was wrong from the beginning. I kne they would make this stupid movie, but I waited, and clung to the little hope that was left. Why can't they just make a movie based on someone important. WHY!?

BlackC@
I completely agree. I am so sick of Wolverine.

BlackC@
Originally posted by Sabretooth
I got one:

Marvel Screenwriter Simon Kinberg has confirmed that Sabretooth will be appearing in the Wolverine movie.

http://www.ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=1527

This makes me pretty damn happy.

The link doesn't work.

Jury
It does.

gambit12 mon ami

cain marko
doesnt mean that he recognised him...just that he smelt something. there should have been some ackowlegement

Arcane
i might see the wolvie one, only coz i hear gambit is in it

Sabretooth
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
jesus christ! We don't need a wolverine movie, we need an X4. I don't know what to say. Now that it's confirmed. I'm speechless. I just.....uhh....Why? For the love of god, Why? How much further can you exploit one character. He isn't even that strong. WHY!?!?!?!?! Wasn't approximately 4 1/2 hours out of 6 enough time for him. Ohhhhh.....It's just....omg....why?

I thought it was just a terrible rumor, but I was wrong. I knew I was wrong from the beginning. I kne they would make this stupid movie, but I waited, and clung to the little hope that was left. Why can't they just make a movie based on someone important. WHY!?

Someone important? Seeing as how Wolverine is the biggest selling name in Marvel, he's probably important enough to have any parking place he wants at Marvel Headquarters. He only parks in Cyclops' spot everyday just to be a wiseass and prove he can get away with it.

I hope Marvel makes two movies: A Wolverine solo movie and a X-Men movie without Wolverine just to make all the whiners who are tired of seeing Wolverine in the spotlight happy. Then let's see which one makes more money. I'll bet a kick in the nuts to anybody Wolverine mops the floor with a Wolverineless X-Men.

I'm just as tired of the overexposure Wolverine gets as much as the next guy. That's why I stopped following him in the comics. The Movies are different though. It's like going back in a time machine to about 20 years ago in the comics. Back when only the X-Men revolved around Wolverine and not the entire Marvel universe. Back when Wolverine's history was still mysterious and exiting to follow. Back before Wolverine became a team whore and joined the teams like the New Avengers(?!!). The movies are showcasing Wolverine from a time when he was still pretty groovy, and they don't follow the same story direction as the comics making the movies all-new adventures of the classic Wolverine that almost singlehandedly saved the X-Men comic from cancellation.

Top all this off with the fact that Jackman is a BADASS at playing the part and you have why Wolverine deserves a chance to have his own movie. Give me another X-Men character who come close to selling as many tickets.

Gambit? Whatever. There aren't enough teenagers and twentysomthings in the world to make enough money to make a sequel worthwhile on that trendy sissy. Storm? One word: CATWOMAN. Mystique? Maybe. Mystique 2? Not a chance. Sabretooth? Hmmmm. NOW we're talking. Then maybe pigs will fly and the government will make bikini tops illegal. Magneto? Doesn't count because it sounds like he's getting his own movie as well, but it still won't outdraw Wolverine.

Tired of seeing Wolverine? Suck it up because you're way outvoted.

ToxicMolly
I herd there is going to be a nmagneto spin off too

zslick
There was a magazine interviewing the cast of x-men and and couple of them were asked if there were gonna be see in x-4 kelsey grammer said he would love to play beast again hugh jackman said that he doesnt know anythin can happen to him through the years that can prevent him from workin as wolverine(pretty much if is fine then yes) and of course halley barry said no she would rather have some one else play her!!!

xmarksthespot
Someone important? Seeing as how Wolverine is the biggest selling name in Marvel, he's probably important enough to have any parking place he wants at Marvel Headquarters. He only parks in Cyclops' spot everyday just to be a wiseass and prove he can get away with it.

I hope Marvel makes two movies: A Wolverine solo movie and a X-Men movie without Wolverine just to make all the whiners who are tired of seeing Wolverine in the spotlight happy. Then let's see which one makes more money. I'll bet a kick in the nuts to anybody Wolverine mops the floor with a Wolverineless X-Men.People complained because these were supposed to be X-Men movies. Not Wolverine and friends fight(s) the Phoenix.
I'm just as tired of the overexposure Wolverine gets as much as the next guy. That's why I stopped following him in the comics. The Movies are different though. It's like going back in a time machine to about 20 years ago in the comics. Back when only the X-Men revolved around Wolverine and not the entire Marvel universe. Back when Wolverine's history was still mysterious and exiting to follow. Back before Wolverine became a team whore and joined the teams like the New Avengers(?!!). The movies are showcasing Wolverine from a time when he was still pretty groovy, and they don't follow the same story direction as the comics making the movies all-new adventures of the classic Wolverine that almost singlehandedly saved the X-Men comic from cancellation.Why does anything have to revolve around Wolverine?
Top all this off with the fact that Jackman is a BADASS at playing the part and you have why Wolverine deserves a chance to have his own movie. Give me another X-Men character who come close to selling as many tickets.

Gambit? Whatever. There aren't enough teenagers and twentysomthings in the world to make enough money to make a sequel worthwhile on that trendy sissy. Storm? One word: CATWOMAN. Mystique? Maybe. Mystique 2? Not a chance. Sabretooth? Hmmmm. NOW we're talking. Then maybe pigs will fly and the government will make bikini tops illegal. Magneto? Doesn't count because it sounds like he's getting his own movie as well, but it still won't outdraw Wolverine.

Tired of seeing Wolverine? Suck it up because you're way outvoted. Selling tickets really doesn't = good movie. Titanic was a piece of crap.

If you've read the Mystique series you'd know she's a great character for a solo movie. The Magneto movie sounds like an interesting take.

A Sabretooth movie would suck. I'm not saying that to be rude or mean or anything. It just truly would.

Sabretooth
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
People complained because these were supposed to be X-Men movies. Not Wolverine and friends fight(s) the Phoenix.

Fair enough. However, Wolverine was still the guy most people were going to see. He's the reason I went. Well, Wolverine and Sabretooth were.

Why does anything have to revolve around Wolverine?

When Giant Size X-Men#1 came out, everything didn't revolve around Wolverine. Things just started working that way when Marvel figured out he was the biggest reason people (including myself) were paying their money month after month. It is still a business after all.

Selling tickets really doesn't = good movie. Titanic was a piece of crap.

If you've read the Mystique series you'd know she's a great character for a solo movie. The Magneto movie sounds like an interesting take.

A Sabretooth movie would suck. I'm not saying that to be rude or mean or anything. It just truly would.

Titanic was a great love story with good action scenes, great visuals and award winning acting. Now, why wouldn't you didn't enjoy it? Let me guess, you're a GUY. Yep. Me too. Titanic wasn't my thing either, but I can't argue with the results. It shattered records. It's one of Mrs. Sabretooth's (and almost every other female in the world over the age of 12) favorite movies of all time. I don't think it's fair to dismiss what some people consider a modern-day epic as crap just because I don't dig it. Titanic does represent what all movies are really about though: Money. Give the biggest demographic what they want and take their money. You may not think selling tickets = good movie but the guys who have to invest thier money to make the movie would disgree the hell out of that statment. That's why the X-Men movies showcased Wolverine so much. He is the character who could get the most money from the general public. A Mystique movie might have good story, but the biggest factor in making it will be how much money it will generate. I hope they make it. I hope they make about twenty more movies based on comic properties. Not Sabretooth though. I was only joking earlier. You're right, a Sabretooth movie would suck. Especially if Singer directed it. I hate you Singer.

Sabretooth
I'm reading in lots of places on the 'net Wolverine is slated for a 2007 release date. We might have another countdown thread around here sooner than people expect...

quiqueg34
I agree. There is really something to be said about ticket sales when it comes to determining the worth of the movie. Especially in Titanic's instance where the majority of their ticket sales came from people going to see it over and over again. Not so much as now when they depend on the first and second weekends. Back to X-MEN... I think a mystique movie would be to unrealistic. I really need to elaborate. People don't want to see something that doesn't make sense and seems too comic booky. ONE of the reasons hulk sucked. In my opinion. The first xmen film layed awesome groundwork explaining the mutation. Mystique is way out there and it seems like Days of Our Lives where you find out she's related to rogue and nightcrawler etc... The world isn't that small.

Producers have confirmed both "Magneto" and "Wolverine." Would it be too far fetched (based on my reality opinion above) to do some kind of "Savage Land" story with "Magneto" and Charles?

Please be gentle when responding.

Sabretooth
Originally posted by quiqueg34
I agree. There is really something to be said about ticket sales when it comes to determining the worth of the movie. Especially in Titanic's instance where the majority of their ticket sales came from people going to see it over and over again. Not so much as now when they depend on the first and second weekends. Back to X-MEN... I think a mystique movie would be to unrealistic. I really need to elaborate. People don't want to see something that doesn't make sense and seems too comic booky. ONE of the reasons hulk sucked. In my opinion. The first xmen film layed awesome groundwork explaining the mutation. Mystique is way out there and it seems like Days of Our Lives where you find out she's related to rogue and nightcrawler etc... The world isn't that small.

Producers have confirmed both "Magneto" and "Wolverine." Would it be too far fetched (based on my reality opinion above) to do some kind of "Savage Land" story with "Magneto" and Charles?

Please be gentle when responding.

I always welcome opinions when they are presented intelligently, especially when they agree somewhat with mine. I think you make an excellent point about the general public not responding well to movies that are too unrealistic and comic booky. That is why Mojo, The Starjammers, The Imperial Guard, or any time travelers like Cable and Bishop will never see any screen time. One of the few things Singer did that I actually agree with is he tried to present the movie as realistic and believable as a movie of this type could be presented and still be true to the physics in a comic universe. I think believability was also the biggest reason the writers dropped the family ties between Juggernaut and Professor X, Mystique and Rogue and Mystique and Nightcrawler. You're right. The movies were less of a soap opera and were able to focus on the plot without so many distractions.

xmarksthespot

Please be gentle when responding. Heheh be gentle. They really wouldn't need to go into all that backstory for Mystique. I'd envision a prequel (or sequel - but that's rather improbable now) where she basically just does her thing as a sexy, snarky blue-skinned cold-blooded killer. An action thriller about a metamorph spy/assassin. What's not to like?

I'd just say you should read the Mystique series.

quiqueg34
When you put it that way it sounds great! I'd watch it!

Kaos sebaceous
i think it will be when he gets out of weapon x and meets sabretooth

quiqueg34
So check this out...

http://movies.aol.com/news/articles/_a/hugh-jackman-to-star-in-wolverine-movie/20060629101309990001

magnuslives
Originally posted by Arcane
i heard that the wolverine movie is comin out in 2007 and that Gambit is gonna be in it, main character apart from wolvie of corse

i heard it was a 2-D 3-D cartoon series NOT a movie
stick out tongue

magnuslives
Heheh be gentle. They really wouldn't need to go into all that backstory for Mystique. I'd envision a prequel (or sequel - but that's rather improbable now) where she basically just does her thing as a sexy, snarky blue-skinned cold-blooded killer. An action thriller about a metamorph spy/assassin. What's not to like?

I'd just say you should read the Mystique series.

apparently a mystique movie is in the works an its about her early days wen she forms the brotherhood with mags or somethingdontgetit

magnuslives
is anyone there? a funeral is more xiting than this

Prince Nauj
I Heard there making a Rogue spinoff with Gisele Bundchen

InnerRise
I think I may be able to see her playing such a role. I'm trying to see her being tough.

I may get there.

is it cmprehensible.....

Sabretooth
It appears that the guys at LatinoReview.com have got themselves a copy of the script for the Wolverine movie:

http://latinoreview.com/scriptreview.php?id=26

The overall tone of the script is definitely darker than that of the X-Men movies, and there doesn't seem to be many cameos of non-Weapon X related characters. It looks okay to me, but I don't think it will be what the people who don't follow the comics will be expecting to see.

magnuslives
It appears that the guys at LatinoReview.com have got themselves a copy of the script for the Wolverine movie:

http://latinoreview.com/scriptreview.php?id=26

The overall tone of the script is definitely darker than that of the X-Men movies, and there doesn't seem to be many cameos of non-Weapon X related characters. It looks okay to me, but I don't think it will be what the people who don't follow the comics will be expecting to see.

please don't ruin threads with wolverine talk - create a wolverine only thread - WOLVERINE SUCKS!!!

quiqueg34
This is about future movies and Wolverine is one of the two confirmed so we'll talk about it here if it's okay with you. Omega Red is gonna rock if that's what they're gonna do. I've heard fox say that they aren't totally against the idea of Wolverine being rated R. I would like something like that. Something even darker and disturbing.

Sabretooth
Originally posted by magnuslives
please don't ruin threads with wolverine talk - create a wolverine only thread - WOLVERINE SUCKS!!!

How's about YOU not ruining threads actually containing information with your Wolverine bashing? There are bunches of threads where ingrates like you bash Wolverine endlessly even though without him the X-Men would have been cancelled about two decades ago. Yeah. I know he's over-powered and over-used and he stinks and he's too short and hairy to actually get chicks blah... blah... blah... We all done here now? Did I cover it all? Or did you actually have something constructive to say?

This is about future movies and Wolverine is one of the two confirmed so we'll talk about it here if it's okay with you. Omega Red is gonna rock if that's what they're gonna do. I've heard fox say that they aren't totally against the idea of Wolverine being rated R. I would like something like that. Something even darker and disturbing.

We'll have to see if Marvel is willing to lose a percentage of the money the movie will make because of inaccessibility from younger viewers. It probably won't be much difference, but we all know Marvel has only been it it for the money for about the last twenty years. My guess is that the story will be tweaked just enough to make it pg-13.

. adelaide .
The Magneto and Wolverine movies are listed on the IMDB; you can look them up there if you like. There isn't much information on them, though.

As for an X4, Fox did confirm it. Just google "X-Men 4" and you'll get it as the first link.

-

I hope they do something more with Rogue and Mystique. It would be terrible to give Wolverine and Magneto all that screen time and not have any for my two favorite characters.

-

I don't know anything about an Emma Frost movie, but it sounds good and I hope that they make one. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.