JO Luke vs DN Kyle Katarn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xepeyon
Gemmie credit....I'm real bored here....needed to do somethin'. Saber Duel BTW.

Captain REX
Probably Luke.

Legion_of_Maul
should have been JA or post ROTJ super pre NJO

Darth Katarn
katarn all the way most silled wit a lightsaber in the NJO

Razielim
No, he isn't. Stop saying that.

kamikz
Luke got his ass handed to him by Desann in jedi outcast (which JO is I suppose), while Kyle defeated him. This is a much better Katarn, I'd say he has a chance...

Razielim
Oh come on! Luke didn't want to fight and even thought he was worth saving! This Luke beat the Reborn Emperor and can duel faster than the eye can see. He could manhandle Dessan if he wanted to.

I'm going to watch that scene again.

kamikz
Do that, and you'll se that Luke falls to the ground several times and Desann is laughing at him. Wasn't it NJO Luke who could duel that fast? This is JO Luke, they are not the same. Also, Luke beat the Emperor when he had the combined potential with Anakin Solo and Leia, and Leia improved him with battle meditation....

Luke said himself that neither should fight him alone, he even explains why he did when Kyle asks him. "I couldn't sense him coming".

Razielim
Eh? in the saber fight, Luke beat him alone. All Leia could do was watch (Confirmed by the DE Sourcebook, so no Battle Med.

in that same duel, Luke was described moving faster than the eye can see...

And damn cairn. I keep getting caught -_-

kamikz
No, she was using battle meditation if I remember it right. This has been debate here on KMC before, pretty recently where the proof said that Leia was indeed using battle med.
Of course, I could be wrong but that's what I remember, sorry...

And this means what exactly? Does it mean that because Luke can do this he is toying Desann? Or is it saying that Desann was powerful enough to actually withstand it? We see them fight, Luke does not say that he is holding back or anything, he even says that he would not want to encounter him alone. If you are afraid of someone, you don't usually hold back... And if you try to convert someone, you oftenly try to speak/convince them....

Lightsnake
I can'[t remember one time Luke's fought his ex-students seriously...with Dolph/Kueller, he was ready to let himself die rather than harm his students...and Desann ran away after collapsing rubble on Luke...and Luke was fine.

The fight is just gameplay mechanics. I had one time where Desann chopped off Luke's hand

Great Vengeance
DE is when we see Luke finnaly releasing his true power. He had to, because he was facing the emperor... and Luke knew the emperor had to be defeated at all costs. All other times, we dont ever see Luke use the power he did in DE, because he is afraid of turning to the dark side like his father.

kamikz
Originally posted by Lightsnake
I can'

The fight is made as a cut-scene in-game. If it was a real gameplay video then Luke would be dead long ago. (Desann can take about 5 Luke's at once). I know that's wrong, but that one was especially made as a cut-scene... And I don't see where he trys to convert him, he doesn't even say that to Kyle...

DE Luke
Originally posted by kamikz
No, she was using battle meditation if I remember it right. This has been debate here on KMC before, pretty recently where the proof said that Leia was indeed using battle med.
Of course, I could be wrong but that's what I remember, sorry...

You are,DE Source Book confirms that she WASN't using BM.The only time we see all three of them work together,is when they're trying to stop DE Sidious' Force Storm from destroying the entire Rebel Fleet,that is the ONLY time.

And Desann can take 5 Luke's at a time?That is VERY blatant Fanboyism right there.Luke was hesitating because he thought Desann could be saved and didn't want to hurt him,NOT what you're implying.If it wouldve come down to it,Luke couldve killed Desann if he wanted to.

kamikz
Read what I said. I said in gameplay Desann can take 5 Luke's, which I also said was wrong. But in the cut-scene as Lightsnake said was gameplay I said it wasn't gameplay, and there he fight Luke...

Ok so she didn't use battle med, still is this an excuse for Desann loosing or something that actually makes Desann more powerful than we thought?

Razielim
Yeah, Luke that fights along side you in the game is good, but Desann could squash Luke's gameplay self.

Count Kent
Katarn wins actually quite badly.

Lightsnake
My point is: Luke has never once fought totally seriously against his ex-students...Kueller, Brakiss...And he wasn't even winded when Desann ran away.

Trust me on this: The fight between Desann and Luke is a gameplay scene, it's different pretty much everytime and is not a good representation of the fighting skills of either.

kamikz
It was the same graphics and stuff as gameplay yes, but the scene was made that way too....

So Luke now has to fight Desann unseriousley, just because he has done that in some cases? He feared Desann, he did not dare to face him alone, this he said himself. He was even to powerfull or Luke to sense him. That Kyle took him in a fair fight is speculation, for example, there was a thing in that room they fought which made Kyle temporary invincible, and many ledges he could crush to kill Desann....

Desann wasn't exactly tired either, actually, he was the one laughing through the fight. Normally when you try to convert someone you try to talk reason into them, Luke didn't say a word. And Luke even explained to Kyle why he fought him alone, and belive me, he did not say, "I tried to convert him", he said it was an accident, it should never had happened.

Lightsnake
And Luke was tired? He'd just fought Desann who hurled a ceiling on him to escape and Luke was fine.

Xepeyon
True. Luke told Kyle no one should face Desann alone, including himself. He said: "Now that Desann has been to the Valley, there's no telling how powerful he's become." Further, we don't know how long they've been fighting. Because he was laughing, Desann likely wasn't even using all his power, toying with his so-to-speak. Similar to Dooku's one-sided battle with AotC Obi-Wan. Luke wasn't an idiot, and if he could help it, made it pretty clear that he would have run away instead of fighting him. He told Kyle that he was forced into it-never even felt him comming. The only person we know he was going all-out on was kyle katarn.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.