Self-Imposed Bans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raz
From now on, we will no longer be issuing bans on request. i.e. self bans

There are a number of reasons for this decision, which include possible avenues of abuse (forgetting to logout), and the confusion it causes to people not in the loop about an unexpected ban.

Instead, we recommend, if you no longer wish to use your account, to set a random password, then logout and delete the forums from your bookmarks.

T.M
Or do something that will get you a temp ban.... stick out tongue

kidding.

Bloigen
Or, when they ask for a ban give them a perm ban. no expression

NineCoronas
What about the people who have self-imposed bans active currently?

Bloigen
Originally posted by NineCoronas
What about the people who have self-imposed bans active currently?

They get perm banned. no expression

Mišt
Originally posted by Raz

There are a number of reasons for this decision, which include possible avenues of abuse (forgetting to logout), and the confusion it causes to people not in the loop about an unexpected ban.

Instead, we recommend, if you no longer wish to use your account, to set a random password, then logout and delete the forums from your bookmarks.

Do you still have access to the password, or set a new one, in case a member wants to come back later on?

Lana
You can recover passwords via email.

Mišt
I didnt know thathmm Can you do it by yourself or does a mod have to send it?

Lana
If you try and log in with an incorrect password, it brings you to a window with a link to recover it.

BakaXero
oh... and i was about to ask for a tempt ban shifty

Storm

Mišt
Originally posted by BakaXero
oh... and i was about to ask for a tempt ban shifty

*bans* shifty

Originally posted by Lana
If you try and log in with an incorrect password, it brings you to a window with a link to recover it.

And how do you go about changing the password?hmm

I dont know these things.. bag

Originally posted by Storm
Password Recovery Form

Just don' t change your email in the meanwhile.

Cool....can you change the password email thing, or is it always set to whatever you entered in? Cause I changed mine, but Ill have to keep two accounts now..

BakaXero

Bloigen
zOMG! ur such a NOOB!

LOLZ!111111

General Zink
Either Edit Profile or Edit Options, Mist. I think it's Profile.

Dusty
Yup, SIB's were getting over used.

Impediment
I, personally, saw them as nothing more than attention getters.

Barker
No more April Fools Jokes. w00t

H. S. 6
This... is a good idea.

Thank you. These bans were beginning to get annoying. ermm

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Raz

Deleting KMC from my bookmarks would do nothing, the address is permanently burned into my retinas from being on here so much.

TOH
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Deleting KMC from my bookmarks would do nothing, the address is permanently burned into my retinas from being on here so much.

Delete your eyes (?) confused

Syren
But being able to recover your changed password kinda defeats the object, I imagine most requested bans are asked for because the person doesn't feel they have the willpower to stay away, what makes it any easier not to recover the changed password and return whenever they get the urge?

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Raz

clapclapclap

A.J
Originally posted by Syren
But being able to recover your changed password kinda defeats the object, I imagine most requested bans are asked for because the person doesn't feel they have the willpower to stay away, what makes it any easier not to recover the changed password and return whenever they get the urge? And thats why they ask for them, you are right there cool

Lana
Originally posted by Syren
But being able to recover your changed password kinda defeats the object, I imagine most requested bans are asked for because the person doesn't feel they have the willpower to stay away, what makes it any easier not to recover the changed password and return whenever they get the urge?

It's possible to make it so you can't recover your password (change the email address with the account), and most requested bans are temp anyway.

Jedi Priestess
zOMG! ur such a NOOB!

Originally posted by TOH

Those two comments had me laughing so hard I literally cried. hysterical hysterical

§P0oONY
Why the hell would someone need a self-imposed ban? There's a little thing called self-control. If no longer want to access the site, just don't.

Bloigen
Originally posted by TOH

Trust me, that does NOT work.

Hotpants
Originally posted by T.M
Or do something that will get you a temp ban.... stick out tongue

kidding. Thats it, kick him out.

T.M
Originally posted by Hotpants
Thats it, kick him out.

laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.