Battle Royale (US Remake)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathbycorn
Battle Royale is getting a U.S. remake.

Let's let that sink in for a little bit.

Variety reports this morning that New Line picked up the rights for an adapatation of the amazing Japanese film, with producers Neil Moritz and Roy Lee lined up behind it. They've done a lot of recent J-horror remakes, including The Ring and The Grudge, and other modern classics like The Fast and the Furious and Stealth. No directors or writers have been named yet, but I'm sure you're scared anyway.

Ok. So first off, this has a huge potential to be shit. I doubt they're going to cast actual teenagers in this film like the original, and if they do- it won't be anywhere near as brutal. Can they keep the message of the film intact though? I don't know. Alls I know is that if you want the real deal, get the original through the Creature Co. here- and check out the book, cause it just ain't gonna be the same over here.

Nevermind
Can you post a link.

deathbycorn
bloody-disgusting.com in news.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.