IT the book or It the movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Legion_of_Maul
which did you like better?

personally i liked the book, but you are entitled to your opinion, but you tell me why or why not you think each is better than the other.

deathbycorn
I have never read the book but really want too. The movie is Great but.

Wolfie
I never read the book. I enjoyed the movie enough. It's probably safe to say the book is better though. Of the King books I have read, they made the movies look like crap.

steverules
The book is most likely better but I can't be bothered to read books that go over 1000 pages so I just watched the film. I thought it was ok but the ending kinda sucked.

boogeyman1031
Reading sucks, but the movie is awesome so the movie

pumas79
being a huge stephen king fan i can say that the book is way better, there is a lot of story that they were unable to get into the film due to length and if u watch the film after reading the book then you realise how much has been missed out,
also most of the stephen king films which have been turned into films have been crap, ie tommyknockers/cujo/christine/thinner,
if there was ever a stephen book that needed to be turned into a seris of films its the GUNSLINGER/DARK TOWER series, they rock

Mr Parker
never read the book,looks way too long.Didnt care for the movie at all though.

LizzyT123
I haven't read the book, but I heard its SOOOOOOO much better than the movie.

Most of Stephen Kings books have been ruined as movies......so I think I should do some more reading!

Pandemoniac
Most of the movies based on King's stories are just pale compared to the books. The thing is that King pays much attention in describing the frustration and terror that goes on in his characters minds, something that is hard to translate to the screen.
And along with that, directors seem to focus on the easier-to-film scenario's of King's books, neglecting the more intriguing parts.

'It' is a good example. Decent movie, but nowhere near as horrific and detailed as the book. Not the mention the f*cked-up ending in the movie.

BlackSunshine
The book, to me personally, is 10 times better than the movie.

RogerRamjet
the book of course...cause there were certain things you'd never see in a movie shifty

BlackSunshine
^^ exactly!

Legion_of_Maul
My personal favorite part was not in the movie, the part when the little kids where IT and the kid was in the dark house and couldn't see his hand in front of his face, ahh, that was great, but i won't tell anymore cause you have to read the BOOK! its so much better than the movie.

Gregory
Does the movie have the scene where a bunch of prepubescent kids engage in a gangbang in the sewer? Because if it doesn't, I think it wins out based on that alone.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by Gregory
Does the movie have the scene where a bunch of prepubescent kids engage in a gangbang in the sewer? Because if it doesn't, I think it wins out based on that alone.

Wha-hoooo! Now I definetly have to read the freakin book, hahaha, that's definetly........out there

Jason_Krueger
The book is much more graphic & gorier than the piece of crap movie

ladygrim
not dealt with either but im borrowing the novel of my pal

hanxan
Of course the book is better than the movie, but does anyone really think that you can portray what goes on in Stephen Kings mind to Film? Pennywise is also mentioned in another book of his cant remember, either Dreamcatcher or Black House, I think dreamcatcher, and it is coming up on the anniversary of when It is supposed to come to feed.

ladygrim
theres not many good stephen king books to movie adaptations that i find better

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by hanxan
Of course the book is better than the movie, but does anyone really think that you can portray what goes on in Stephen Kings mind to Film? Pennywise is also mentioned in another book of his cant remember, either Dreamcatcher or Black House, I think dreamcatcher, and it is coming up on the anniversary of when It is supposed to come to feed.

King does that a lot. Characters from other stories often have a cameo in his books, or even have a influencial part at times.

But back to 'It'. If you liked the movie/series, you'll love the book. It is so much more detailed and explaining. And way more scary!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.