Any PETA Members on KMC?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

crazy
Originally posted by El_NINO
if it wasnt for animal testing, you wouldnt be wearing makeup or being cured of some illness. They dont just test stuff for torturing animals or simply because of a new shampoo product.

This is a good video about what PETA really does
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1913999390200944075&q=peta

This is a quote from the Animal Testing thread, I found the video really interesting and its amazing how much of a scam PETA is. Just wanted to see if there are any PETA members on KMC and how they feel about this video.

Leo.M
I'm not one, sorry stick out tongue

crazy
750,000 members of Peta, there must be a couple at KMC

rickyduck
Originally posted by crazy
750,000 members of Peta, there must be a couple at KMC

750k in the world 60billion people (or whatever) in the world 100k on KMC..

mysticpeach
I dunno it seems to be full of propaganda to me and to simply be one sided, based on certain people's opinions. I would suggest you do more research to find out more accurate information.

El_NINO
Originally posted by El_NINO
if it wasnt for animal testing, you wouldnt be wearing makeup or being cured of some illness. They dont just test stuff for torturing animals or simply because of a new shampoo product.

This is a good video about what PETA really does
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1913999390200944075&q=peta

Originally posted by mysticpeach
I dunno it seems to be full of propaganda to me and to simply be one sided, based on certain people's opinions. I would suggest you do more research to find out more accurate information.

http://www.peta.org/

Just in case someone thinks I dont do research on both sides... here is PETA doing their own propaganda... which is more believable?

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by rickyduck
750k in the world 60billion people (or whatever) in the world 100k on KMC..
What planet do you live on? There is 6 billion people on earth... not 60.

mysticpeach
Im sure PETA gives off propaganda as well, but to base your only opinions about PETA from a video such as that one isnt a very conscious choice.

El_NINO
Originally posted by mysticpeach
Im sure PETA gives off propaganda as well, but to base your only opinions about PETA from a video such as that one isnt a very conscious choice.

Your right, basing it only on a video is not the correct way of finding out the truth however it does make you think about what some people know what PETA is doing. I do some research of PETA but its obvious what they are doing. For one they contradict themselves simply by taking medication.

mysticpeach
yeah true... it would be cool if they suggested other alternatives besides meds tested on animals, and fallowed through i suppose. But i really think the way we do things and treat animals needs to change, and i like how people are trying to raise awareness on the issue.

Where else have you found out about what their doing?

Cataclysm
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
What planet do you live on? There is 6 billion people on earth... not 60.

I was going to say the same thing. Lmao.

Bardock42
Might have been an exaggeration...might have been a typo...boy if it was the first one you guys would look like total idiots....hilarious...

ILoveMyDaniel
This is a quote from the Animal Testing thread, I found the video really interesting and its amazing how much of a scam PETA is. Just wanted to see if there are any PETA members on KMC and how they feel about this video.
I'm not a PETA member. Though I do not agree with what happens to animals; meat would be an every meal thing for me if possible. smile

crazy
PETA just seems like a bs organization. Though biased I think the info that is presented in the video is all true.

mysticpeach
okay, and is this the only source you can base your thoughts about PETA from?

Regret
PETA

Please eat the animals... laughing

crazy
No actually Mystic it is not, I always thought PETA was ok in it own way, I mean what is so bad about trying to help animals, the more I read about them though, the more I heard about the negative. The reason I made this thread though was to find the OTHER side of the story, I thought maybe people would show me how bullshit Penn and Teller are.

Another site that I stumbled on to was http://www.animalscam.com/peta_7things.cfm Thought it was pretty interesting.

mysticpeach
Its just hard to always know whats accurate and whats not.. and simply just whats propaganda. Its good to look at both sides of things though. I'll check out the site.

meep-meep
I like PETA. Especially when it's filled with lamb meat, onions and feta cheese. mmmm.

lord xyz
what do people think about this?

I don't know whether to trust it because it's... well PETA.

meep-meep
Joking aside, I've seen a few of those videos going around on the web of cows being mercifully killed in slaughter houses and it was very disgusting. I felt bad for those poor animals. I say mercifullly becuase it looked like some of those animals weren't living in "ideal" conditions so death was probably a blessing for some of them. As a result, I'm trying to cut red meat out of my diet. Something about seeing the actual process of how my food gets to my stomach was kind of an eye-opener. But don't get me wrong, if I'm starving you can be damn sure I'll go out and try to bag my a cow, kill it, cook it, than eat it. And I'd be happy doing it. The thing is though, I'll more than likely never be in that position, seeing as how I live in a place where very few people need to worry about starving to death.

It seems like the 2 extremes to this debate are people who want us to live in a utopia reminiscent of Noah's ark, where we live in harmony with all of "God's" creatures. I say to that: BS. People need to eat and if the only place they can get it is from some cute widdle bunny wabbit so be it, and more power to them. The other extreme says that those tree huggin' hippies can't tell me what to eat. If I want to eat a ham sandwich for breakfast, 2 cheeseburgers for lunch, and a ribeye for dinner, not to mention the beef jerkies for in-between-meal-snacks then I can because it's a free country. To these people I say: when you have a heart attack and failing liver at 45 don't be mad when the doctors have to amputate the swollen mass's you call your feet.

People need to eat and the healthiest way to do that would be to lead a mostly vegetarian lifestlye. It just so happens that it being healthy also means that animals wouldn't be bred for our consumption, en masse. It should be looked at it that way and not the other way around, I think.

So in short eating lots of vegies, fruits, grains and certain proteins (nuts, fish, soy etc. is the way to go but that alternative isn't available to everyone.

Vegans: get off your high-horse. It's important to spread awareness but it doesn't help when you look down on everyone else as being less intelligent than a cow (aka person who started the other thread about animal testing).

Beef-zealots: wipe the grease from your eyes, and if you can search for a meat alternative, you'll be healthier for doing so. There's isn't anything much more rewarding than being able to run around the block a few times.

lord xyz
for all you vegetarians

hate mail

meep-meep
Originally posted by lord xyz
for all you vegetarians

hate mail

And then you got these guys....^

debbiejo
I'm a vegetarian and proud of it!!

80%

meep-meep
Originally posted by meep-meep
And then you got these guys....^

I was refering to the lord abc, not to the whole group of individuals he so tactifully categorized.

Regret
Originally posted by debbiejo
I'm a vegetarian and proud of it!!

80%

You harm those poor innocent plants? sad What did they ever do to you?

You do know that cutting a plant results in a physiological response that could be interpreted as pain don't you? Or do just figure the further from human the better?

laughing J/K

debbiejo
Well I do feel bad about those little plants................I know they're screaming for help........lol

But they're being abused anyway and commit suicidal acts because of this thing with cat pee and torturous drought implementations.......They wilt and nobody cares........so, I consider it an act of mercy..........

mysticpeach
What do people think about what lord xyz posted?

meep-meep
No offense, but who cares? Why give him the attention he is so desperately looking for?

botankus
What did he post? I can't click the link 'cause I'm at work. If it's too much effort to tell me, that's okay.

I'm a PETA member and there has been a new amendment that says it is now not against the PETA law to squish mosquitos. You also can now bat dogs on their noses if they ram their beaks into your crotch.

debbiejo
It's really long........

meep-meep
Originally posted by botankus
What did he post? I can't click the link 'cause I'm at work. If it's too much effort to tell me, that's okay.

I'm a PETA member and there has been a new amendment that says it is now not against the PETA law to squish mosquitos. You also can now bat dogs on their noses if they ram their beaks into your crotch.

Why the hell do dogs do that anyway? Maybe they just like interesting smells...

He provided a link to some site. Here's the site: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=grill

He than provided another link that provides people to send hate mail to the creator of the article. Since he didn't post anything of his own opinion. I assume he just posted the link to piss vegetarian's off. If I'm wrong about you, lordxyz, I apologize. Next time state why you posted a link. Otherwise you just look like a troll when you provide inflammatory links.

botankus
The dude had a temp ban about a week ago. Dunno what it was for. Maybe bashing?

crazy
I do not think lordxyz was forum trolling, maybe I am wrong but I think what was in the links also expressed his opinion, nevertheless it is an interesting read.

mysticpeach
yeah.. i mean i think its good to look at the many sides of issues, and try to be conscious of whats really happening. I think awareness is good. But I dont think its fair to generalize about all vegetarians. Everybody does it for their own reasons. It would be awesome if many people could grow gardens and or buy from local/organic gardens, and make conscious choices about how they live.

botankus
I drive through the middle of nowhere for 2 hours a day, so I feel the need to report every animal I hit, which usually happens quite often.

This morning I hit a bird on a rural route. The guy was eating some dead animal and here comes my Ford Focus. He tries to fly over my windshield, but too late.

That bird --> rip

If you'd like, I will be taking bets on the animals I hit. Here are the choices with at least a 50% chance of getting hit:

Deer
Dog
Cat
Turtle
Frog
Rat
Mouse
Bird
Snake
Horse (eh, maybe about 1% chance, but the payout should be large)
Person (damn walkers)
Raccoon

Bugs don't count. I hit about 500 a day.

lord xyz
everyone has to be critic. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It's not those tortured plants, it's the fact that agriculture is very harmful to animals in more ways than possible, some vegitarians know they're doing it! oh

The fact is, animals are animal food, if it's so bad, why do people do it in the first place? It's nature, deal with it.

Nazgulinthedark
The one thing PETA really needs to rethink is their thing about "liberating all animals". The animals that we have as pets, primarily cats and dogs, have been domesticated for so long, that put into the wild, they wouldn't know what to do, and would most surely die. Maybe not some of the cats, who have the natural instinct to hunt mice and birds, but I have never seen my own cat, who catches a mouse almost every week, actually eat it. He brings it back to us, sometimes still alive, as a present.

meep-meep
Yeah it seems like some of the animal rights activists think some animals should be treated more humanely than your average homeless person.

Some animal rights folks: "Let's all eat vegies,nuts and berries and leave our animal brothers and sisters to their own devices where they kill and eat one another on a daily basis...I wonder why I weigh 100 pounds and am 5'10. And why are my arms as thick around as a soda can?"

PVS
http://img6.picsplace.to/img6/15/petasucks.jpg

botankus
That's a sad picture. Is that in Australia? The animals look Australian.

Okay, no animals run over this morning. I will report upon the next occurrance. This one guy I work with hit a cow a few months back when the cow escaped from its pasture. The farmer showed up at the driver's house and tried to sue the guy because he lost the price of the cow. Meanwhile, the driver went to the hospital and was out of work for a week.

Pink Maynard
I'm not an active member of Peta, but i've had to research it. Basically i know its a good thing, how can it not be? I mean. This is penn and teller we're talking about. They used to do things like nail themselves to things. These guys are big talkers, but i dont think they know what they're talking about. erm

meep-meep

Okay, no animals run over this morning. I will report upon the next occurrance. This one guy I work with hit a cow a few months back when the cow escaped from its pasture. The farmer showed up at the driver's house and tried to sue the guy because he lost the price of the cow. Meanwhile, the driver went to the hospital and was out of work for a week.

Holy cow sh*t! How fast was he going when he hit the cow? I hear about people who hit deer on the highway and can be flung through their windshield. I imagine hitting a cow would be like slamming into a fairly thick tree trunk. Ouch!

botankus
It was dark and he was going 55-60 on a country road. The cow escaped the barbed wire fence and was sitting out in the middle of the road. The car in front of him swerved to miss the cow, leaving him no time to react to the beast. Thus, he smashed into him. It totalled his truck and the cow.

Also, the cow was a beef cow and not a dairy cow. He got whiplash and was really P.O.'d about the farmer threatening to sue him.

meep-meep
Whoa. Well, I hope your friend is o.k. now.

Maybe that cow was that farmers "favourite" if you know what I mean.

And I never thought about it before but I didn't realize they had cows specifically for milk and beef. I guess I figured alll cows were more or less the same. What are the differences in their feeding habits?

El_NINO
Whoa. Well, I hope your friend is o.k. now.

Maybe that cow was that farmers "favourite" if you know what I mean.

And I never thought about it before but I didn't realize they had cows specifically for milk and beef. I guess I figured alll cows were more or less the same. What are the differences in their feeding habits?

Is that a joke or you really didnt know? confused

meep-meep
Yeah I really didn't know. What can I say? I've never been on a farm.

botankus
The simplest example would be the Dairy Cows (used for milking with the big ole' udders) versus the Black Anguses (Hence the term, angus beef).

Needless to say, the dairy cows' lifespans are far greater than the Black Anguses.

meep-meep
Thanks Botankus. thumb up

El_NINO
Dairy Cow
http://ryecityschools.lhric.org/webquest/milton/Farm/Cow/dairy-cow.jpg

Beef Cow http://www.vetmedce.org/html/files/8/43301/48071/beef.jpg

meep-meep
And thank you nino.

MJOILNIR
Im a hunter, trapper and fisherman. Ive been called everything you can imagin by peta members and have seen some unbelieveable lies told by them about people like me. Now not all peta people are like that I know. Im actually very opened minded to other peoples views but I cant take fabrications and lies made up about me to make me and mine look like the devil. Peta actually amputated a dogs leg once and told it was caught in a trap. That was the honest actual story. Like I said not all peta people but some are crazy.

DiamondBullets

Fukk PETA!

Redwolf
http://peta-sucks.com/

docb77
I'm one of PETA

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

rock

xmarksthespot
People need to eat and the healthiest way to do that would be to lead a mostly vegetarian lifestlye.Not really...

Lola352
First off, I'm not technically a Peta member but I am a long time vegan and compassionate person. I also care about what I put in my body and how I treat the enviornment (do some research, real research this time to see how factory farming contributes negatively to the environment).

The sites that were peta-basing sites and you found "interseting" i.e. activistcash and other related sites are funding by the meat and dairy industry - they are lobbyists. So of course they are going to paint the worst picture of peta ever. And suckers like you will believe it.

My biggest advice to you little donkey is to read more than one website to come to a conclusion. Read books by reputable authors, maybe even penned by someone who doesn't have financial gain one way or the other. Then check out the videos that show how animals are treated, really treated. You don't have to be pro-peta as there are many great organizations that help animals. You could also not condone any orginization and simply do your part as one.

Nogoodnamesleft

Penn and Teller rule supreme. And yes, PETA is evil.

Edit: I especially liked the touch of how at the end, when that evil ***** was speaking her brainwash propaganda there was the added sound clip of Hitler and all those Nazis screaming "SIEG HAEL!!! SIEG HAEL!!!" and then all of a sudden the fat guy (I forget which is Penn and which is Teller) says "BULLSHIT!" right out of nowhere.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Nogoodnamesleft
Penn and Teller rule supreme.

I like how you say they rule supreme when you don't even know which is which on top of the fact that they disagree with a lot of the crap you spew on this forum.

Nogoodnamesleft
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I like how you say they rule supreme when you don't even know which is which on top of the fact that they disagree with a lot of the crap you spew on this forum.

Lol, I don't mind ppl disagreeing with me...and I like the way they say stuff with flat-out, cold, hard truth and no attempts at sensitivity or anything.

Imperial_Samura

They're hares. Kind of a bigger, rangier type of rabbit, commonly found in any number of countries - including Australia. They aren't quite as prodigious when it comes to breeding as rabbits, and as such aren't nearly as high on the pest list, but they often get caught up anyway in attempts to control the rabbit population as they look so similar to rabbits.

It could be Australia, but one couldn't make a definitive guess based on the animal alone.

crazy
Originally posted by Lola352
First off, I'm not technically a Peta member but I am a long time vegan and compassionate person. I also care about what I put in my body and how I treat the enviornment (do some research, real research this time to see how factory farming contributes negatively to the environment).

The sites that were peta-basing sites and you found "interseting" i.e. activistcash and other related sites are funding by the meat and dairy industry - they are lobbyists. So of course they are going to paint the worst picture of peta ever. And suckers like you will believe it.

My biggest advice to you little donkey is to read more than one website to come to a conclusion. Read books by reputable authors, maybe even penned by someone who doesn't have financial gain one way or the other. Then check out the videos that show how animals are treated, really treated. You don't have to be pro-peta as there are many great organizations that help animals. You could also not condone any orginization and simply do your part as one.

You might be a compassionate person but you are definetly not a humble person.

Little donkey, hmm? When you say real research, are you talking about research which basically shows me that your point of view is right. Why don't you link me to the research, like I said I wanted both sides of the story but I did not want a lecture from someone with an go like yours. I am sure there are sites that are funded by the meat industry, but then how do you expain maddox and sites like his that say the same and have nothing to gain from it financially. You call me a sucker, but maybe its the other way around.

Nogoodnamesleft
PETA should be officially labeled a terrorist organization and should be shut down by an army of SWAT teams. And everybody in PETA and who is affiliated with it is given a one-way ticket to Guantanamo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.