The Simpsons Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

anthonystop18
GUESS WHAT THE SIMPSONS MOVIE IS COMING 2 UR CINEMA ON THE 27 OF JULY 2007
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance big grin big grin Happy Dance Happy Dance

=Mysta=-kILL
I Love the Simpsons!!big grin
But I have a feeling this might be a bad movie sad

Wolfie
Simpsons has gone really downhill since about Season 10 or so. The movie will just be a long episode, nothing more.

BackFire
I really really hope it's good. It has all of the good writers working on it that worked on the show during it's prime, it could be excellent, but I fear it won't have the humanity and heart that it had during it's prime, much like the recent episodes.

Sin Harvest
I'm sure they'll make it good. The reason the show hasn't been so good lately is because they keep doing remake of old episodes.

DarthLazious
The Simpsons were once a great show but now they are just terrible.
Thats why I watch more Family Guy episodes and less Simpsons episodes.

I can only guess The movie itself of the Simpsons should end it with a bang.

office jesus
Originally posted by Wolfie
Simpsons has gone really downhill since about Season 10 or so. The movie will just be a long episode, nothing more.

It will. Personally...Family Guy is funnier. They try more.

cking
the Simpson's weren't as good as they use to be simply because they are running out of ideas and I wouldn't be surprised in three years or so if the show was cancelled. I think that some of the people that do the voices protested about pay or something and very threatening to quit, I don't really know for sure. Family guy is pretty good, south park is still good but I think they are running out of ideas and the newer episodes aren't as funny as the older ones and trey and Matt stone said that in a few years that they will quit doing south park and do something else instead. king of the hill is another good show that hasn't ran out of ideas and I think they will last another five years because they have always had decent ratings despite they have heavy competition from south park and family guy.

Darth Macabre
I think it's going to be great...The teaser promo was funny...

Moonlight
It sounds good, but I think I might wait and rent it...

cking
same here

.:Space Opera:.
i betchya that the movie is meant to actually mark the ebd of the simpsons series. its the finalle to the series.

cking
probably so and I don't see the Simpson's being on air for another three years or less. The show has been on air for about 16 years, which I think it is too long. I think it would be good for the Simpson's to have their own movie to go out in style.

Broly92
Originally posted by cking
probably so and I don't see the Simpson's being on air for another three years or less. The show has been on air for about 16 years, which I think it is too long. I think it would be good for the Simpson's to have their own movie to go out in style.
I think there will be a big gap though Family Guy just cannot fill it the Simpsons in it's prime would have murdered Family Guy

Noa
Originally posted by Broly92
I think there will be a big gap though Family Guy just cannot fill it the Simpsons in it's prime would have murdered Family Guy

that is so true! I think that is one of the main reasons that they have not taken the simpsons off the air yet. there is nothing to replace them. :P

Prince Nauj
Originally posted by anthonystop18
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance big grin big grin Happy Dance Happy Dance
gawd I know its gonna suck balls. The new episodes don tmake sense and arent as original and funny like the old ones.

Face
Simpsons Doh!

TheFilmProphet
I always thought the film would not come along until the TV series was cancelled...which in my mind would generate more profit in the box office because fans would be so hungry for one last adventure with the Simpsons. For a long time I thought this had been their mindset until I heard the film was being released next year...which surprised me at the time.

Originally posted by Noa
that is so true! I think that is one of the main reasons that they have not taken the simpsons off the air yet. there is nothing to replace them. :P

Ratings....is the reason they are still here.

Originally posted by cking

17 years, wink

cking
oh well close enough. I did get a homer Simpson key chain. I wanted to get a hank hill one also but they didn't have one. the ratings for the Simpson's are still good but they do decline every year with tougher competition from other animated shows such as family guy. I don't see family guy or any animated shows beating out the Simpsons in their prime. the Simpsons are just an icon while the rest are just descendants of the simpsons in someway or another.

commander fox
I hope it is reaaal good....I can give you link so you can see the trailer if you want towink

cking
sure go ahead.

woody82
Well hopefully it won't suck, bit part for Moe hopefully best character big grin

Anyway i'll watch it and big fan of thew simpsons. But i feel moving them to the big screen would be diffcult as forming a movie of one large episode could feel stretched out.

steverules
I wonder what the storyline will be, and how they would be able to centre it around the whole family.

Jimmy Buggs
They have an anti religeon agenda they try to push on us. If you seen the one they ran last sunday. Makes me not want to watch anymore. They turned their cartoon into a soap box.

cking
well unfortunately they signed up for the 07-08 season. I was hoping next year would be their last year. sad

steverules
Damn, why can't the movie be the last one

cking
I don't know what the deal is with the Simpson's. if they keep dragging this I'll be a granddad when it is finally cancelled. can you imagine the Simpson's on air for more than 20 seasons! thats absurd and it should be cancelled next year. the ratings are still good but an American icon such as the Simpson's should go out in style and this year should be it. their is a point where some sitcoms need to be cancelled not because of low ratings but because they accomplished what they needed to do and have no reason to go on any longer and the Simpson's are a good example. the Simpson's don't need to be ruined, they need to be saved from being overused and put on air too long for their own good.

OxygeneVI
Originally posted by anthonystop18

Dancing banannas.now I have seen everything. If Spongebob Movie is anything to go by, I think a Simpsons movie would simply kill the popularity of the Simpsons. The simpsons is a tv sitcom featuring yellow characters that if jumped in a bowl of custard, would never see them.

I think the movie should be terminated. For the good of Fox.

Hwoarang
The Simpson's don't like Fox !! I am with them.

Anyway I laugh more at the recent ones than old.

ADarksideJedi
Looking forward to that movie coming out.jmtv_happy

Ultraman Baltan
My friend and I agree: "The Simpsons Movie" will be the single biggest movie ever made.

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by OxygeneVI
Dancing banannas.now I have seen everything. If Spongebob Movie is anything to go by, I think a Simpsons movie would simply kill the popularity of the Simpsons. The simpsons is a tv sitcom featuring yellow characters that if jumped in a bowl of custard, would never see them.

I think the movie should be terminated. For the good of Fox.

But people loved "Spongebob Squarepants The Movie!"

Emma718
Maybe it has gone a bit down hill..but i have been a fan of the simpsons for ages now and still love it. Though Family Guy now can be funnier

*Love Stewie lol*

But c'mon who can not love the Bart man lol stick out tongue

Lets have hope the movie can get the simpsons back on top again

lil bitchiness
I cant wait for it, and I really hope it will be great.

For those who compare Family Guy as better - The Simpsons humour is clever. It is smart and subtle and thats what makes it good.
Its ''smart'' houour.

Family guy is a shameless humour, too blatant that even a moron wouldn't able to miss a joke.
The Simpsons is a complete opposite. And if you compare the two - it is apperant that people will think the more blatant disgusting jokes are funnier.

Some of the funniest-clever lines came out of Simpsons. Something I doubt Family Guy writers would be able to come up with...ever.

Emma718
^ not saying anything bad about The Simpsons, I love The Simpsons

lil bitchiness
I know, my post wasnt directed at you.

Ultraman Baltan
I do believe that Family Guy can be funnier. The randomness is stupid, yet it is very clever, considering no one does that anymore. And the ones who do can't do it correctly. They're just using what they have.

Impediment
The Simpsons and Family Guy are two totally different types of humor. I, myself, prefer Family Guy because I have a dirty mind and I appreciate that kind of potty humor. However, I do like The Simpsons.

lil bitchiness
Has anyone seen the episode of South Park, when Cartman is trying to get Family Guy off the air?

Hah! Too funny.

PVS
how is it possible to be self rightous and sanctimonious over a cartoon comedy? simpsons fanboys/fangirls ftw

lil bitchiness
Its ok PVS not EVERYONE gets intelligent humour. Some people like to accept stupidity as humor, then b!tch because someone questiones it. Its ok.

PVS
not really lil. i find simpsons and futurama to be hysterical. i also find family guy to be hysterical. both in different ways, but with the same result.

to sit there and call people who find family guy funny "stupid" (and yes, that is the direct implication) is..........wow....crosses the "WTF" threshold in ways which make my temples ache

i mean, this is way past the lunacy of the star wars vs. star trek rabid fanboys....im begging you to either stop or tell me you're just breaking my balls. one or the other *gets on knees* ...please?

PVS
new trailer is up

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by PVS
not really lil. i find simpsons and futurama to be hysterical. i also find family guy to be hysterical. both in different ways, but with the same result.

to sit there and call people who find family guy funny "stupid" (and yes, that is the direct implication) is..........wow....crosses the "WTF" threshold in ways which make my temples ache

i mean, this is way past the lunacy of the star wars vs. star trek rabid fanboys....im begging you to either stop or tell me you're just breaking my balls. one or the other *gets on knees* ...please?

I was only experssing my loathing for Family Guy. Nothing personal...I just find it no funny. Perhaps I would if I lived in America, and I knew few more jokes tied with things we don't have in Europe.

I hate that show, just like South Park so perfectly depicted as to why its dumb. ( i love southpark!!) You can like it, I did not imply you were stupid, but the humour is.

I like Drawn Together - they have stupid humour, but I happen to like it better.

Originally posted by PVS
new trailer is up

Link?

PVS
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/thesimpsonsmovie/trailer/

lil bitchiness
I seriously hope this movie is NOT going to suck.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

I hate that show, just like South Park so perfectly depicted as to why its dumb. ( i love southpark!!) You can like it, I did not imply you were stupid, but the humour is.

Personally I find the South Park humour stupid.

So the moral is: never return goods in a less than satisfactory condition.

BackFire
I like Simpsons, Family Guy, and South Park. I've got all my bases covered. All three shows have very clever, smart humor as a whole, but all of them occasionally throw in the stupid joke from time to time.

Hate Drawn Together though.

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by PVS
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/thesimpsonsmovie/trailer/

I saw that on TV. Made me laugh like crazy.

Council#13
I love the Simpsons! droolio And Family Guy. South Park is funny, but not as good as Family Guy or the old Simpsons episodes.

Darth Macabre
So far, it looks good...Even if it doesn't look good, I'm going to go see it anyway; out of respect, of course.

But Futurama is the best. stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by BackFire
I like Simpsons, Family Guy, and South Park. I've got all my bases covered. All three shows have very clever, smart humor as a whole, but all of them occasionally throw in the stupid joke from time to time.

I kinda thought you might actually like Drawn Together because it has deffinitively surpassed all others in its ''jokes''.
It is full of racist, sexist, homophohic and disgusting jokes.

All which initially make an argument...I think....perhaps...

Council#13
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
So far, it looks good...Even if it doesn't look good, I'm going to go see it anyway; out of respect, of course.

But Futurama is the best. stick out tongue

woot

I like Futurama, but I don't think it's as funny as Simpsons or Family Guy. stick out tongue

BakaXero
For some reason i find the trailer entertaining enough to watch over and over again

I find it funny how they say in 2D when you can tell they used some sort of 3d software in thier animation.

w00t for special mention to Australia by the makers as great fans w00t

Council#13
Coming to theatres in 2007!

"Uh oh, we'd better get started!"

MickeyJames
awesome !! they may not be so good anymore but u got to hav simpsons because theyre...simpsons

MickeyJames
saw tralier !! best thing ever i was pissing myself lol

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Council#13
Coming to theatres in 2007!

"Uh oh, we'd better get started!" homer I forgot what I was supposed to say!

Alpha Centauri
It'll probably be the highest grossing film of all time.

Family guy is a shameless humour, too blatant that even a moron wouldn't able to miss a joke.

Perhaps I would if I lived in America, and I knew few more jokes tied with things we don't have in Europe.

Hehehe.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Nah, Hot Lunch Sundae Volume 2.

Dinglehopper
I am looking forward to this Movie. It should have some real good humor in it. I agree though, you have to be a fan of the show to even think this is going to be that great on the big screen.

ADarksideJedi
I saw abot five mins of the trailer one sunday night.(AT WORK)But did not get much of a chance to see what the plot is really like.I will have to drag my hushand to be to see it with me since he hates the show!
BUt I will see it when it co mes out.Not the first day but close to it!jm

Scythe
I wonder if the three-eyed fish will make an appearance.

willman
i believe its called 'blinkey'

ADarksideJedi
He rocks!jm

ragesRemorse
man. this trailer looked as bland as the last four seasons of the simpsons.

Im still seeing it though.

Impediment
I'll go see it this weekend. I hope it's not as bland as the last 5 seasons have been.

sith_darth_jay
so has anybody seen it?

I saw it yesterday and thought it was good, not long enough, but definetly entertaining and funny. it felt like a long episode, far better than last season, but not that much special.

the production value it's really high, not 3d, but you can CG in it, altough not it's not that obvious, wich it's good

love the opening: even though you've seen the last trailer, seeing Ralph doing the TU tu tu music of the 20th century fox logo, it's still funny, and then Green Day singing the "Da da da da da" of the simpsons' theme, awesome!, it's funny how they get booed for preaching big grin

favourite quotes (that I can remember from the top of my head):

-Why pay for something that I can see on TV for free?! (Homer)

-I like men now! (Ralph Wiggum)

-(Ned Flanders)The Good Lord is telling me to confess to something...
(Homer)*crossing fingers*Gay gay gay gay gay gay

-I was elected to lead, not to read (the Governator)

-(Marge): How did the pig tracks get on the ceiling?
*cuts to Homer holding a pig to the ceiling*
(Homer): *singing Tune to Spider-Man Theme Song* Spider-Pig, Spider-Pig. / Does whatever a Spider-Pig does. / Can he swing / from a web? / No he *can't*, / cause he's a "pig". / Look out! / He is the "Spider-Pig"!

-He's not Spider-Pig anymore, he's Harry Plopper (Homer)

-(Homer): Awww, my boy loves Alaska so much he's applauding it! Lisa, why aren't you clapping?
(Lisa): But dad!
(Homer): *Pints at Lisa* Clap for Alaska!
*Lisa and Bart clap together. Avalanche shoves Homer down the mountain, into a cabin*

-...If you see me, please leave me alone! (Tom Hanks)

- I guess that's the result of 5 generations of inbreeding (Russ Cargill)

Superboy Prime
I loved it.

SelinaAndBruce
I loved this movie. It was everything I could have hoped for.

Nordicdusk
Very funny film.
I love the part with homer pretending to have a chainsaw and when the arms retract all the eyes are looking in at him.
Also when homer is escaping through the hole and moe shouts i can still see his head quick scrape at it.

D-Wag
It was better than I expected, I think it help the series out alot.

spidey-dude

ragesRemorse
I was satisfied leaving the theater...Who am i kidding i pirated the shit out of this movie, but i was satisfied getting up form my pc when the movie was over. I liked it enough to possibly pay to see it again. A few of the jokes fell flat, and as a fan of the show since the beginning i was hoping for some inside jokes. OVerall though i thought it was a great transfer to the bigscreen for the show. I didnt feel as though the movie was to long. Infact i felt as though i had spent only a half hour watching the movie. The animation was pure simpsons as was the jokes. My only dissapointments is that i was hoping for a bit more mature jokes as well as something that would have connected the entire history of the show. As a simpsons fan however, i was satisfied and even appreciated the heart they included into the movie that used to be an ingrediant of the show. id give it 7/10 as a comedy and an unoffensive family film

BackFire
Just got back and to be honest it was better than I was expecting, but not as good as I was hoping.

It had a few moments of emotion and heart, which is the main thing lacking in the newer episodes, but these moments felt forced and melodramatic, almost like the writers forgot how to make them organic and natural over the years. Still, at least they tried and the scenes were somewhat effective.

The humor was a bit all over the place. Some jokes got laughs, but the movie was missing those "that will go down in history" joke that some of the great episodes have in spades. Some jokes just failed, the whole spider pig thing was dumb.

Still a fun movie, though. Definitely enjoyable, just don't go in expecting anything like the great episodes of lore and you'll enjoy it.

There were some inside jokes for series fans, though. Particularly when they attempt jump over springfield gorge, keep your eyes open at that point and you'll catch a nice little ode to what may be the first truley great simpsons episode - Bart the Daredevil.

~LunaLoveG~
I was quite satisfied. but the truth be told. it is really no more than a longer episode. not to give a negative to it. it was great,

Impediment
I just got back from the theater and I must say I enjoyed this movie. I'm not going to write a review or anything, but I will say that it wasn't perfect, but it definitely did not suck. The only thing that truly pissed me off was the fact that my favorite Simpsons character, Groundskeeper Willie, didn't have any screen time.

I give it 8/10.

WrathfulDwarf
My philosophy on this movie is simple.

Never in my life I paid to see an episode of The Simpsons. I get it for free on national TV. My local Fox network channel shows at least 3 episodes of The Simpsons every day. So I see no reason to buy a ticket and go watch the movie. Much less even getting the DVD when it's release.

I'll wait 3 years from now when the movie is shown on national tv (which I'm sure Fox will aired the movie at least 100 times) to watch it. I'm not a Simpsons fan like I was before. Hope you guys have fun. Be back in a couple of years with a review.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
this trailer looked as bland as the last four seasons of the simpsons.
Originally posted by Impediment
I hope it's not as bland as the last 5 seasons have been.

I used to think that was a bandwagon opinion, though it's now clear to me everyone has independently come to individual, literate conclusions on the matter.

Solo
The first nine seasons are great, but afterwards it really lost its' touch. Although I hear this is a return to form, hopefully I'll catch it tomorrow.

Alpha Centauri
Why are we pretending the new seasons are worse than the poor animation and poor humour of the first series?

As discussed with VVD the other day, not all the new ones are good, but no season is full of great episodes, certainly not the first. It's just a common acceptable idea to say the new ones suck, when many of them are brilliant.

-AC

Deathblow
iThere were some inside jokes for series fans, though. Particularly when they attempt jump over springfield gorge, keep your eyes open at that point and you'll catch a nice little ode to what may be the first truley great simpsons episode - Bart the Daredevil.

Yeah, ironically the biggest laugh I got from the movie was when seeing that ambulance wrapped around the tree again triggered that whole scene off in my head. A real rib-ache moment. Shame there weren't any of those in the movie itself, closest for me was seeing the horrified change in those cutesy Disney-esque animals' expressions as they watched Marge and Homer go at it.

I was expecting to be very disappointed, so I suppose I was relieved just to be a bit disappointed in it. Quite a few laugh out loud moments, but none that made me double up.

lil bitchiness
I really liked it.

There were some really good scenes, the typical Simpson humor was there.

I perhaps was thinking there will be more of Apu and other characters, then there were. Too much Homer. Which, is not necessarily a bad thing.

BackFire
Originally posted by Deathblow
Yeah, ironically the biggest laugh I got from the movie was when seeing that ambulance wrapped around the tree again triggered that whole scene off in my head. A real rib-ache moment. Shame there weren't any of those in the movie itself, closest for me was seeing the horrified change in those cutesy Disney-esque animals' expressions as they watched Marge and Homer go at it.

I was expecting to be very disappointed, so I suppose I was relieved just to be a bit disappointed in it. Quite a few laugh out loud moments, but none that made me double up.

Yeah, same here. The ambulance still wrapped around the tree got a big laugh out of me.

And AC, I'd say season 5 is full of great episodes. Not one subpar episodes in that season, in my opinion. Season Four and Six are nearly just as good.

Victor Von Doom
I really liked it.

There were some really good scenes, the typical Simpson humor was there.

I perhaps was thinking there will be more of Apu and other characters, then there were. Too much Homer. Which, is not necessarily a bad thing.

Surely 'too much' implies negativity.

InnerRise
Too Much VVD.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Bardock42
I thought it was very good. Got a lot of laughs from me. At least as good as the better episodes in my opinion.

Three particularly hilarious moments stood out to me in so far as I remembered them vividly, the first being Home screaming "D'ohhhhhhhh" and then finishing it to make it sound like "Dome" ... though people in the cinema did not agree apparently which lead to an awkward silence except for my manic laughs...so...not really a silence at all...should have said awkward laugh maybe.

The second when Burns said "For once the rich white man is in control", that just cracked me up...great stuff.

And then the third where Homer was being crashed repeatedly into the rock and the house that was called "A Hard Place" was crying with laughter just so good.

As I said, those weren't the only ones, but I remember those the most. Great movie.

LoneUnknown
I loved it. I went to see it yesterday and wasn't dissapointed. My favourite part had to be Ralph's, "I like men now." I also thought Russ Cargill was one of the funniest characters in the movie.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by InnerRise
Too Much VVD.

I-i don't get it. Originally posted by Bardock42
I thought it was very good. Got a lot of laughs from me. At least as good as the better episodes in my opinion.

Three particularly hilarious moments stood out to me in so far as I remembered them vividly, the first being Home screaming "D'ohhhhhhhh" and then finishing it to make it sound like "Dome" ... though people in the cinema did not agree apparently which lead to an awkward silence except for my manic laughs...so...not really a silence at all...should have said awkward laugh maybe.

The second when Burns said "For once the rich white man is in control", that just cracked me up...great stuff.

And then the third where Homer was being crashed repeatedly into the rock and the house that was called "A Hard Place" was crying with laughter just so good.

As I said, those weren't the only ones, but I remember those the most. Great movie.

Was it still the German voices?

Bardock42
Nah, I watched in in the English version. Thanks for caring.

Ultimate Hulk43
I loved this movie & got a lot of good laughs out of it but I didn't get a chance to go to theaters to see it so I've seen it on a bootleg DVD.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Surely 'too much' implies negativity.

No.

Sanctuary
No. W-well, it does gramatically.

To say it with the words of the great philosopher Townshend

"Too much of anything, is too much for me,
Too much of everything gets too much for me."

Victor Von Doom
No.

Ah.

It does though, doesn't it?

InnerRise
It absolutely does.

Bardock42
Originally posted by InnerRise
It absolutely does.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... Absolutely and fully and stuff even.

lil bitchiness
Ah.

It does though, doesn't it?

Yes.

Leggy_n_Merry
I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. I don't really know why I thought it wasn't going to be very good though really because it's basically just an extended Simpsons episode. I also loved many of the lines other people loved such as "I like men now", "For once the rich white man is in control" and "Dome". I can't remember any others off the top of my head but I remember laughing at a lot of lines.

Victor Von Doom
Yes.

That's never worked before.

Violent2Dope
I haven't seen the movie but I heard it sucks.sad I hope I like it.

Bardock42
That's never worked before. Do you want to join my bad, but lovable high school debating team to win the state championship for little Timmy who lost his arms, legs, tongue and head in a pinball accident?

Victor Von Doom
Alright I will.

Violent2Dope
Saw the movie last night, and I gotta say it was BADASS!

Kevy2007
Seen it, sucks s hite

Gregory
Saw it today with my older brother and mom. I know almost nothing about the Simpsons (I've only watched the first season, which I actually thought was pretty bad), but I enjoyed it a lot. I mean, it's not going to go down in history as a classic for all time, but I was grinning nonstop for almost the entire movie. The parts of the movie set in Alaska dragged it down a little, but I'd still give it a B+.

steverules
Those who saw the movie know that maggies first word were sequal at the end of the simpsons movie...does this mean a second simpsons movie? When do you think it would be released? What could the storyline be? and of course your thought on a simpsons movie sequal if they make one

Ultimate Hulk43
I doubt it'll happen anytime soon if at all. It's too early to even be thinking of a sequel when the first movie is still in theaters.

steverules
Thats true, still the ending kinda gives away that there still might be a sequal in th future

BinaryCleric
The ending was kind of stupid how Homer rides off in a Motorcycle with Marge, I thought something funny would happen, like he would hit his head on a tree branch or something..

JKozzy
I'm pretty sure they'll make one in the future but there aren't any plans now... it was more than likely used for comedic purposes than any sort of "spoiler."

Originally posted by BinaryCleric
The ending was kind of stupid how Homer rides off in a Motorcycle with Marge, I thought something funny would happen, like he would hit his head on a tree branch or something.. Something funny did happen. Bart and Homer were nailing the shingles on the roof, homer nailed it to himself and pulled them all off and fell off the roof.

BinaryCleric
Oh yeah, How could I forget. I was just remembering the part after Homer was riding the motorcycle with marge and kissed her, I totally forgot about Bart and Homer ontop of the roof.

SelphieT
EEPA! EEPA!!!!!

ariwin
Spider pig cracked me up

Toku King
F*cking awesome! Loved it so much! Hilarious, dramatic, action packed, and even more hilarious!

Toku King
Originally posted by Kevy2007
Seen it, sucks s hite

*buzzer* Wrong!

Darkhalen
Spider-Pig ha
favorite has to be Mad with power line.

Toku King
Oh yeah! Cargill was definitely one of the better villains in movies this year.

Darkhalen
Indeed another one is where he tricks the president to destroy Springfield

B.A
Technically her first word was daddy.

Remember that episode. Or Dadda or something.

RandomOrgasm
Yeah, Marge is hot.

Neo Darkhalen
It was a joke, but it will more likely have Mr. Burns as the villain or Kang or Kodos, and it might be after the series ends.

Toku King
Originally posted by BinaryCleric
The ending was kind of stupid how Homer rides off in a Motorcycle with Marge, I thought something funny would happen, like he would hit his head on a tree branch or something..

I think it was an homage to "Masked Rider The First", actually.

Impediment
It was a joke, most likely.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
It was a joke, but it will more likely have Mr. Burns as the villain or Kang or Kodos, and it might be after the series ends.

It was a joke, to mock successful/popular films that have many sequels.

ragesRemorse
I doubt they would make another movie until a few years after the show has been retired This is my hypothesis, the movie was successful, so, im sure fox will look to get another simpsons movie in the theaters. Considering that Groening is tied up with the 3 futurama movies due out in 2009. I dont see anything even be considered until those movies are finished

on a side note, i thought maggie's first word was dadda

Neo Darkhalen
No it was "Daddy"

as for a 2, burns or Kang and Kodos as the villains please.

Wålshy
ye maggies first word was 'daddy' voiced by elizabeth taylor smile

personally i wouldnt want there to be a sequel, i thought the movie was great but, im not sure what to say? if there was a sequel it wouldnt be very simpson-esque.

Neo Darkhalen
Kodos: your not angry with Lardlad, your angry with me
Kang: yes your right it was your fault
Kodos: (starts to cry, slowly fills up the helmet)

-The Simpsons Game.

Gregory

Neo Darkhalen
Sounds good to space me.

MadMel

Neo Darkhalen
No it was voiced by Elizabeth Taylor.

"Here I am rock you like a hurricccannne, oh how do you control the camera on this thing, is the L and R buttons or what?!!, ahhhrg screw this I'm getting a bear *chucks manual over the edge of his room* Ooooh F***"

-God in the Simpsons game.

I hope Mr. Burns or Kang and Kodos appear as the villains for a sequel.

InnerRise
Just bought this DVD the other day. It was fairly good. Don't regret my purchase.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

InnerRise
For Fooks sake. Enough already. You get to a point where it's just spamming.

Neo Darkhalen
Well the sequel should be funny, not like the first film, there were only 3/4 segments that were funny.

Neo Darkhalen
Which edition?

InnerRise
Full Screen. ('_' )

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Impediment
I'm gonna merge this with the actual Simpsons Movie thread, just to avoid confusion.

Xyn1407
Check this Remix,
Simpsons Spider Pig Song,

http://www.iklipz.com/MovieDetail.aspx?MovieID=d5bb5d70-ecbd-4c88-b070-f8ab9354f013

FistOfThe North
Spider Pig sucks. It's soo... simple. Yet it got like 2 mil hits on youtube.

"Spider pig, spider pig
does whatever a spider pig does." Corney.

The funniest part, or one of the funniest parts, was when Ned Flanders made the ultimate hot coco drink, with whip cream, diced/shredded chocolate, a wafer, with more whip cream on top of the wafer, and a marshmallow on top of that which he melted with a torch, with Bart denying it at first and then snatching it up, sliding down the tree, running away with it, sipping it, and quietly saying (slurp,gulp,...aahhh) "o my God."

ragesRemorse
Spider pig is one of the worst jokes in simpsons history

Jovan
I do not even understand why it's funny :s

Bardock42
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Spider pig is one of the worst jokes in simpsons history Hahaha.

Or the most hilarious, you know, whichever.

I win, I like them all. Or lose, you know, for not having standards.

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Spider Pig sucks. It's soo... simple. Yet it got like 2 mil hits on youtube.

"Spider pig, spider pig
does whatever a spider pig does." Corney.

Dude, you actually missed the funny part of the quote. Quite skillfull

casper_rific
I think that the whole spider pig joke wasn't the best joke ever that matt groening's ever made. But with homer singing that bit and the cute animation brought to the screen, i think it kinda paid off a little bit.

edwinian
Harry Plopper was extremely funny.

Schecter
the movie just sucked.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Schecter
the movie just sucked.

Agreed

aaronspirit
I have seen The Simpsons Movie.
I love it!! clap
Do go see it!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.