Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

07'Pirate
OMG...can't wait for this movie

What do u guys think?

NormaBates
me neighter! I know a lot of people will hate me for saying this but if this one is as great as the tcm remake then i'm a very happy camper!

Impediment
"If this one is as GREAT as the TCM remake........"???? Jesus Christ. The remake is shit. No true horror fan likes this movie over the original. The prequel will be just as bad, maybe even worse. Period.

deathbycorn
TCM remake was good. This will be too.

MildPossession
This new one looks like it's just a mix of the remake and the original first film.

Wolfie
I love the original. The remake is just okay. I'll have to see how this one turns out.

papabeard
This was on the first page :

www.killermovies.com/forums/f58/t369020.html

botankus
I'm done with horror movies. Somebody wake me up when the last movie in this world is remade for the 10,000th time, and maybe I'll go in search of some trace of quality in the industry.

All you people born after 1985 can keep on pretending that these shitty remakes are actually real movies from producers utilizing at least 0.000001% of their brainpower; I'm going in search of another genre.

NormaBates
Originally posted by Impediment
"If this one is as GREAT as the TCM remake........"???? Jesus Christ. The remake is shit. No true horror fan likes this movie over the original. The prequel will be just as bad, maybe even worse. Period. [/QUOTE

Can i have my own opinion?????? I don't need you to tell me,
what i think is a great movie.

I thought the original TCM SUCKED! BIG TIME! and i couldn't care less
what ALL the Horror fans in the world think about that.

Being against remakes does NOT make you a TRUE horror fan!
Poor guy

botankus
I'll tell you what, if they make a horror remake with three fat chicks (I'm talking over 200 lbs here) as the top female stars, I'll take back everything that's been said about those shitty remakes. I'll even say the producers, who are so afraid to make an investment unless a film's is deemed a 'proven money-maker,' finally got some balls for a change.

And Anna Nicole Smith or Queen Latifah don't count as one of the fat chicks, even though they meet the weight specification.

boogeyman1031
prequels all together suck, if anything they should make a remake of part 2

allofyousuckkk
wow, you people are unbelievable. Who decides if you are a true horror fan or not? I liked the remake, it was worth my 8 dollars. I personally don't think this will be good, but I'm not going to tell people off for having an opinion

Impediment
Originally posted by NormaBates
Being against remakes does NOT make you a TRUE horror fan!
Poor guy

Who the hell said that I was against remakes? For the record, I loved the remake of Dawn of the Dead, so much that I bought the dvd. However, I still prefer Romero's version more. The same thing for John Carpenter's remake of The Thing. What I meant was that it's okay to like remakes, opinions are like a$$holes: everybody has one. Some people like the recent ones, others, like me, think that 99% of these horror remakes, or remakes in general (i.e., King Kong), are 100% unnecessary and that the vast majority are poorly made with no vision whatsoever to even hold a candle to the original that inspired an entire generation. Say what you will, but the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a prime example of pure, unadulturated, all American horror that terrified a nation. So, if you truly like the shitty remake over the original TCM, the movie that utterly shocked and awed audiences nationwide, then I truly pity you. smile

Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
wow, you people are unbelievable. Who decides if you are a true horror fan or not? I liked the remake, it was worth my 8 dollars. I personally don't think this will be good, but I'm not going to tell people off for having an opinion

Who did I tell off? All I did was state my opinion. Opinions are what make this world great, and I utilized my ability to state mine herein.

BlackSunshine
I liked the remake and the origional...however a prequel....whats the point??? Personally they should have left it at the origional and thats it IMO.

Wolfie
Originally posted by BlackSunshine
however a prequel....whats the point???
The remake was very successful in the box office. When this happens, the studio sees dollar signs and tries to cash in on continuations. With TCM, however, a sequel isn't probable because Leatherface got his arm cut off at the end. So when you can't make a sequel, make a prequel. smile

BlackSunshine
Yeah very true. I'm sure this will make millions of dollars from people who are stupid enough to see it OR especially those who HAVE to watch this movie out of insatiable curiosity even though they know that it will be a dud.

Mider
you shouldnt judge a movie by its cover smile i did that with freddy vs jason and it turned out to be pretty good.

NormaBates
Originally posted by Impediment
So, if you truly like the shitty remake over the original TCM, the movie that utterly shocked and awed audiences nationwide, then I truly pity you.

'
BLABLABLA! you have respect for other's opinion????? My ass.
That proves you don't. Really shitty of ya!!!

NormaBates
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk

My thoughts exactly!! thank you for your common sense!! big grin

papabeard
There are many irefutable objective truths in our universe, one of which is that the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre cannot and will not ever be improved upon, and that it has not yet been surpassed by any film in the horror canon.

samhain
Hollywood should be re-named Remakewood.

NormaBates
That is your opinion, NOT MINE. I have a right to say so and i don't have to be patronized by any of you so called true horror fans

BlackSunshine
Originally posted by Mider
you shouldnt judge a movie by its cover smile i did that with freddy vs jason and it turned out to be pretty good.

Not judging just stating my opinion that this movie shouldnt be made...too late obviously. Seeing the preiveiw it looks just like the remake.

allofyousuckkk
im sorry if i sounded hostile in my last post, it wasn't directed towards you, it was more of an overall thing in this forum that people can't be true horror fans if they like remakes.

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by 07'Pirate
OMG...can't wait for this movie

What do u guys think?
I've never even heard of such a thing coming out! Is it an ACTUAL film that has started shooting, or a rumor that you're too over excited about?

BackFire
No it's already made, coming out later this year, already a trailer available.

allofyousuckkk
wait...i don't get it, is it when Leatherface first started killing? Also, this looks more like a remake of the original than the remake from last year. That should have been TCM the begining and this should ahve been the remake, but I haven't seen anything so I'm just talking out of my ass

BlackSunshine
have you even watched the preview???

Impediment
This is a Prequel, meaning the origin of the Leatherface clan of lunatics.

Legion_of_Maul
i think TCM was a horrible waste, the old one was better, and it still wasn't good, but on the bright side this could redeem those movies...

spencerspider
This one looks ok. I liked the remake actually better than the original. But this one looks just ok

NormaBates
Originally posted by spencerspider
This one looks ok. I liked the remake actually better than the original. But this one looks just ok

LUV YA Happy Dance

spencerspider
yay! I guess I luv ya too. lol I think people are way too hard on remakes. Get over it.

Myers Kicks Ass
i thought the remake was good but didnt even compare to the original, this 1 looks pretty good

NormaBates
Originally posted by spencerspider
yay! I guess I luv ya too. lol I think people are way too hard on remakes. Get over it.

I think we should get maried! laughing

WrathfulDwarf
Isn't the guy directing this film also be making a Friday The 13th sequel? Or just pure speculation?

Zilverz
wow can only view the trailer from apple from 10pm - 4am

thats gay

death 1972
The original TCM is great but so is the remake...if your a true fan of
TCM then you should have loved the remake. The remake gave the original more feal more plot. With the news of a prequel it brings joy to me f**k i wanna know why this family is f***ing nuts why leaterface pics up the chainsaw.

WrathfulDwarf
I saw the trailer when I went to see SOaP. I got glimpse of Leatherface....I hate Michael Bay for doing this....I really do.

Wolfie
I'm seeing the trailer for this at the beginning of every movie I see now.

Everytime I watch it, I grow more tired of it. It looks like it'll just be a copy of the remake. At least the other sequels had something going for them of having unique styles from one another.

Myers Man
No one decides who a true horror fan is. If you like remakes like I do doesn't mean aren't true horror fans, I appreciate the origianls but there is always room for improvement. I do think it is VERY necessary to make a movie about the origins of the Sawyer family, I'm sure there is a lot of people curious about why the Sawyer family is so crazy.

MattLeatherface
"true" horror fans are just afraid of change. I loved the remake, and I this one looks cool too.

Wolfie
Originally posted by Myers Man
I do think it is VERY necessary to make a movie about the origins of the Sawyer family, I'm sure there is a lot of people curious about why the Sawyer family is so crazy.
They're cannibals. They torture people. They eat people. It's quite a simple concept and doesn't take an hour and a half to explain with an "origin" movie.

By the way, this isn't on the Sawyer family. It's on the Hewitt family. stick out tongue

Originally posted by MattLeatherface
"true" horror fans are just afraid of change.
Doesn't change imply doing something different? And isn't doing something different about the opposite of a remake?

Change would be a director making a new and fresh idea into a movie, no?

The Machine
I'm looking forward to this movie. I don't know why people try to differ between each of these TCM movies. A group of kids in the wrong place at the wrong time. TCM I - IV and the two remakes follow the same guidelines. It will no doubt be a gorefest, and that's what fans want.

MattLeatherface
Originally posted by Wolfie
They're cannibals. They torture people. They eat people. It's quite a simple concept and doesn't take an hour and a half to explain with an "origin" movie.

By the way, this isn't on the Sawyer family. It's on the Hewitt family. stick out tongue

Doesn't change imply doing something different? And isn't doing something different about the opposite of a remake?

Change would be a director making a new and fresh idea into a movie, no?

No, what I meant is, they wont accept anyone to improve upon already existant movies with the up to date technology.

Wolfie
What is there to improve on the original?

Wolfie
I just got home from seeing this. It was just an excuse to make another TCM movie. Since they couldn't make a sequel to the remake, they made a prequel.

Being a prequel, they were looking for ANYTHING to tell a backstory on. What happened to Uncle Monty's legs? What happened to Sherriff Hoyt's teeth? ANYTHING!

Other than that, it was just rehashed stuff from the remake. Same basic plot. Young people driving down Texas, get caught by the Sawyer... er... I mean Hewitt family, they get killed, one girl drives away to be killed herself, actually.

It upset me that they were trying to recreate the dining room scene. No movie has ever tried to recreate this as well as the orginal TCM did.

Not to mention, they were more tame than the remake. No meathooks were used!

allofyousuckkk
Bad movie. I didn't like it at all. the remake was good, but this was terrible. The characters were incredibly dumb and the was a biker who had absolutely no point in the movie.

It was almost like a remake of the remake. The first one who dies is the muscular guy everyone expects to take some mf with him before he goes down. The second is the girl who looks like a tart and had not point in the movie. Third is the guy trying to protect the girl.

boring movie, and the angles were terrible. Everytime somebody was gutted, it would show a close up and flash back and forth. i couldn't figure out what the scene was of until it was over.

cropsy_is_god
I think they should let the series die. This is nothing more than a desperate attempt to add the series and copying the excorist bu doing a prequel.

Bocaj
It upset me that they were trying to recreate the dining room scene. No movie has ever tried to recreate this as well as the orginal TCM did.
Well the first one wasn't recreating it they were creating it. So yeah..might i inquire what was so amazing about the original?

Not to mention, they were more tame than the remake. No meathooks were used! Well that's because he wasn't that much of a psychopath Hoyt killed most of the people he just skinned them and the biker chick was dangling upside down from a meat hook. But he was hesistant to kill the biker and he just killed his boss because he closed the shop. Hoyt was much more murderous.

Bocaj
Originally posted by cropsy_is_god
I think they should let the series die. This is nothing more than a desperate attempt to add the series and copying the excorist bu doing a prequel.
Well smart one excorcist didn't create prequels they've been around way before the exorcist.

LaHaine
**** the TCM remakes. They're terrible. But I still will go to see it.

Kelly_LS
Originally posted by BlackSunshine
Yeah very true. I'm sure this will make millions of dollars from people who are stupid enough to see it OR especially those who HAVE to watch this movie out of insatiable curiosity even though they know that it will be a dud.
cry You called me stupid! I'm seeing it tomorrow.

Bocaj
Originally posted by LaHaine
**** the TCM remakes. They're terrible. But I still will go to see it.
Well that really doesn't help your arguement then....
Originally posted by Kelly_LS
cry You called me stupid! I'm seeing it tomorrow.
it was badass as long as you're not one of the faggity horror fans who has to have the new one exactly like the original you know no suspense only an hour long horrible ending..that kinda stuff

Wolfie
Originally posted by Bocaj
Well the first one wasn't recreating it they were creating it. So yeah..might i inquire what was so amazing about the original?
The cinematography mostly, the use of angles, closeups, and the little details were what made that scene and instant classic. It was genuinely scary. There were three psychos at the table that looked and acted the part.

Well that's because he wasn't that much of a psychopath Hoyt killed most of the people he just skinned them and the biker chick was dangling upside down from a meat hook. But he was hesistant to kill the biker and he just killed his boss because he closed the shop. Hoyt was much more murderous.
Fans of the original don't care about Hoyt, Uncle Monty, or any of the other family members 'cause they're exclusive characters to the remakes. Basically, I want to see Leatherface kill, not Hoyt. And I don't want to see him hesitate either. I understand this is supposed to be "the beginning," but c'mon, we can meet somewhere in the middle so Leatherface can be the same psycho we know him as.

BackFire
Originally posted by Myers Man
No one decides who a true horror fan is. If you like remakes like I do doesn't mean aren't true horror fans, I appreciate the origianls but there is always room for improvement. I do think it is VERY necessary to make a movie about the origins of the Sawyer family, I'm sure there is a lot of people curious about why the Sawyer family is so crazy.

The mystery of their origin is one of the most unnerving things about the original. Not knowing why they do it, and only know THAT they do what they do, is very discomforting and much less cinematic and more realistic, helping the documentary style filmmaking in the original. Because in real life, some things just aren't known.

The TCM remake wasn't as terrible as the other remakes, but the idea that it somehow improved on the original is silly, it did nothing better than the original, it did many things worse.

it was badass as long as you're not one of the faggity horror fans who has to have the new one exactly like the original you know no suspense only an hour long horrible ending..that kinda stuff

Uh, no suspense? Do you even know what the word means? The original has some of the best suspense in the genre, and it's not suspense created by generic pounding music and loud noises like new horror films. It's so formulaic that if you know the genre you can pretty much pinpoint when something is going to happen. No, it was organic in the original, the suspense in the original was in that once we see this psychopath for the first time, we know we're goign to see him again, but we don't know when. Combine that with the overall dark brooding feel and the slow buildup of tension and you've got some great suspense. Much more affecting than shitty jump scare repeated over and over again to create the illusion of suspense.

LaHaine
I agree with Backfire.

Did any of you notice that Bocaj begins every one of his arguments with the word "Well..." like a snotty little girl?

Impediment
I refuse to waste my money to see this movie. I will not even rent it when DVD is released. I might watch it when it's released on Starz or Cinemax or some movie channel.

Kelly_LS

yes I see what you're coming from. stick out tongue

I just got back from seeing it. It was ACTUALLY better than I thought it was going to be. Mother and I were debating on The Grudge 2 or this and were actually in TG2 but exchanged our tickets and went to see this instead. Good gore, I must say! It was quite boring at times, but none the less I'd give it a 6.5/10. It wasn't as good as the 2003 movie.

Vladimir
oh wow.. what can i say, i just came back from the movies, watched it with my brother. anyway in overall i think it was pretty good. lots of blood, and lots of torture, just how i think a movie with such a title shall be. now, i liked the remake, loved the original. this is a lot more bloodier than the remake. When i went to the movies, i knew what to expect, everyone dies, so i didnt feel bad for any of the characters. in overall i think its a great film, a great way to set up and explain the birth of a legend so i highly recomend you see it if your a fan. iT EXPLAINS LOT OF THING! i hope it does good at the box office, right nwo it doesnt seem to do good, but it needs to make beyond $80,000,000. if it makes it beyound that mark, we might get a sequel or something, a sequel to the prequel and a prequel to the remake. plz go to the movies!

=Tired Hiker=
I just got home from seeing this. It was just an excuse to make another TCM movie. Since they couldn't make a sequel to the remake, they made a prequel.

Being a prequel, they were looking for ANYTHING to tell a backstory on. What happened to Uncle Monty's legs? What happened to Sherriff Hoyt's teeth? ANYTHING!

Other than that, it was just rehashed stuff from the remake. Same basic plot. Young people driving down Texas, get caught by the Sawyer... er... I mean Hewitt family, they get killed, one girl drives away to be killed herself, actually.

Not to mention, they were more tame than the remake. No meathooks were used!

I totally agree with this, although I still liked it just a bit. Just a tiny bit. The original still owns all of horror films.

vintageSW77
Any Hardcore original TCM fans should just do what i do
as i do with Tim Burtons PLANET OF THE APES
the STAR WARS PREQUELS
and WICKERMAN remake
go into denial and try n pretend they dont exist
give it time n leave em to gather dust in a corner of Blockbuster somewhere
The orig TCM was on tv last night
UNTOUCHABLE

Bocaj
I agree with Backfire.

Did any of you notice that Bocaj begins every one of his arguments with the word "Well..." like a snotty little girl?
What's your problem? When you're saying something sucks but you're going to go see it anyways doesn't help you're argument. erm And lol didn't realise I kept starting out with well.
Originally posted by BackFire
The mystery of their origin is one of the most unnerving things about the original. Not knowing why they do it, and only know THAT they do what they do, is very discomforting and much less cinematic and more realistic, helping the documentary style filmmaking in the original. Because in real life, some things just aren't known.

The TCM remake wasn't as terrible as the other remakes, but the idea that it somehow improved on the original is silly, it did nothing better than the original, it did many things worse.

Uh, no suspense? Do you even know what the word means? The original has some of the best suspense in the genre, and it's not suspense created by generic pounding music and loud noises like new horror films. It's so formulaic that if you know the genre you can pretty much pinpoint when something is going to happen. No, it was organic in the original, the suspense in the original was in that once we see this psychopath for the first time, we know we're goign to see him again, but we don't know when. Combine that with the overall dark brooding feel and the slow buildup of tension and you've got some great suspense. Much more affecting than shitty jump scare repeated over and over again to create the illusion of suspense.
Eh, I dunno the original was good but I didn't find it really suspenseful the part where he comes out of know where and kills franklin was an awesome scene IMO one of the best I've seen in a horror film. He seemed alot more human in the original as well and more vulnerable to me it wasn't as scary but a great film still. I didn't like how it ended though. I mean what happened to the trucker? Why didn't they just drive off in the semi? And who's the random person who saves her. However I liked how leatherface waves his chainsaw in the ending sequence that was cool. The main reason I say trash about the first one is I can't stand people constantly coming on and complaining about the remake if it isn't exactly like the last one. erm
Leatherface wasn't one of the horror characters I grew up with so maybe if he had been I'd feel the same as most of the people on here.
The cinematography mostly, the use of angles, closeups, and the little details were what made that scene and instant classic. It was genuinely scary. There were three psychos at the table that looked and acted the part.

Fans of the original don't care about Hoyt, Uncle Monty, or any of the other family members 'cause they're exclusive characters to the remakes. Basically, I want to see Leatherface kill, not Hoyt. And I don't want to see him hesitate either. I understand this is supposed to be "the beginning," but c'mon, we can meet somewhere in the middle so Leatherface can be the same psycho we know him as.
I think Hoyt and monty are kind of based off the original ones erm Like hoyt is 'old man' and Monty is "grandpa' except Monty is the one who doesn't like killing people and Hoyt is the sadistic lead killer figure in this one. The grandpa did have an eerier feel to him then hoyt though.

LaHaine
What's your problem? When you're saying something sucks but you're going to go see it anyways doesn't help you're argument. erm And lol didn't realise I kept starting out with well.

There was no argument in my statement, so I don't see your point.

What I was saying is, these remakes suck. They just simply SUCK. But EVERY movie that has come out in the millenium SUCKS (with very few exceptions, in my opinion). So, I might as well spend my money to take some dumb girl to some dumb movie that isn't quite as dumb as the other dumbness reaching the dumb theaters on this dumb planet.

My point: I might as well see a shitty movie 'cause every other movie is shitty too.

**** the "Hewitt" family. Am I the only one that it pisses off that they renamed the family Hewitt rather than remaining Sawyer?

Remakes cheapen originals. COME UP WITH SOMETHING. All these directors who are born into their professions give bad names to the filmmakers who come up on their own with original ideas.

Oh. And **** Bocaj as well. You have the shittiest taste in movies.

That is my opinion, and I'm entitled to it. And, in my opinion, I am an *******. So die.

Kelly_LS

What I was saying is, these remakes suck. They just simply SUCK. But EVERY movie that has come out in the millenium SUCKS (with very few exceptions, in my opinion). So, I might as well spend my money to take some dumb girl to some dumb movie that isn't quite as dumb as the other dumbness reaching the dumb theaters on this dumb planet.

My point: I might as well see a shitty movie 'cause every other movie is shitty too.

**** the "Hewitt" family. Am I the only one that it pisses off that they renamed the family Hewitt rather than remaining Sawyer?

Remakes cheapen originals. COME UP WITH SOMETHING. All these directors who are born into their professions give bad names to the filmmakers who come up on their own with original ideas.

That is my opinion, and I'm entitled to it. And, in my opinion, I am an *******. So die.
I suggest you cut the language down. He's right anyway, if you KNOW that you're not going to like the movie, don't go see it, it's as simple as that. It'd save me, and everyone else in this thread of reading about 5 posts of nonsense.

Bocaj

What's your problem I didn't even retaliate with an insult I tried to toss the whole thing aside. Whatever act civilised please me and I'm sure no one else wants to read your filthy language because we have different tastes in films erm and you do realise Tobe hooper worked on the remake right?

Wolfie

If the movies piss you off, then don't see them.

I saw the movie, really skeptical about it, so I could give it a proper analysis. I knew what I was getting into. I'm not mad that I was let down. It happens.

And dude, bash movies all you want, but bashing other members isn't cool.

Zilverz
Originally posted by Vladimir
When i went to the movies, i knew what to expect, everyone dies, so i didnt feel bad for any of the characters.

DOOD wtf .. i didnt know what happens and now you just ruined the movie for me ... considerate to write a review .. but inconsiderate to spoil the end ... thanks a lot ... next time use the spoiler tags, douche.

LaHaine
Do you guys want to fight?

LaHaine
Bashing other members IS cool.

JaehSkywalker
would've watched it if it ain't r-18 here...

cropsy_is_god
I saw the film tonight and actually liked it . Plenty of violence and gore. I would say it's one of the better horror's to come out in the last few years.

Bocaj
Bashing other members IS cool.
I gotta tell ya man if you keep this kind of stuff up you're gonna get banned really soon

Bocaj
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
would've watched it if it ain't r-18 here...
Do you live in UK or something? The only thing we have here that's only 18 and up is porn....and that's not even hard to access

LaHaine
I gotta tell ya man if you keep this kind of stuff up you're gonna get banned really soon

uh oh
that threatens my livelihood

Kelly_LS
Do you live in UK or something? The only thing we have here that's only 18 and up is porn....and that's not even hard to access
You can't see rated R movies? mullet I've been coming to rated R movies by myself since I was like 14 and I'm 17 now.
uh oh
that threatens my livelihood
If you don't like it don't come back?! erm It's not that complicated, I don't think.....

LaHaine
Originally posted by Kelly_LS

If you don't like it don't come back?! erm It's not that complicated, I don't think.....

I come back just to see remarks that I can make fun of.

And, believe me, there is nothing 'too complicated' that a Bam Margera fan can say to me or anyone else.

JToTheP
It was the most horrific thing I ever saw, it was great, but in a I'm-never-ever-going-to-watch-this-again type of way.

Kelly_LS
I come back just to see remarks that I can make fun of.

And, believe me, there is nothing 'too complicated' that a Bam Margera fan can say to me or anyone else.
That's called not having a life if you come back JUST to make fun.

And you shouldn't really judge someone based on what they're a fan of, or I could just make fun of how big of a queer you look in your Myspace, but I wouldn't do that now would I?

LaHaine
AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHA

Some people catch feelings on the internet way too easily.

vintageSW77
I saw a few clips maybe ill give it a go next week
at least its going to be better than The Guardian or whatever else is showing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.