Superman vs Thor ...With a Twista

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Malo
Superman

vs

Savage Hulk
Namor
Ghost Rider
Wonder Man

Hulk, Namor, Ghost Rider and Wonder Man brake out into a huge brawl in the heart of New York City, just leaveing devestaion all over the place as the fight ends up right on the middle of the Brooklyn Bridge, where they are confronted by Superman.

Fight starts on the The Brooklyn Bridge. All four turn on Thor. All four are now Working together to bring Superman down.

No prep. Who wins?

Thor

vs

Solomon Grundy
Aquaman
Dr.Light
Big Barda

Solomon Grundy, Aquaman, Dr.Light and Big Berda brake out into a huge brawl in the heart of New York City, just leaveing devestaion all over the place as the fight ends up at the Statue of Liberty, where they are confronted by Thor.

Fight starts on at Statue of Liberty. All four turn on Thor. All four are now Working together to bring Thor down.

No prep. Who wins? This is Classic Thor............{NO BFR} Allowed.

Superman

vs

Thor

Right after there own fights..the one's list above, If they can both win and meet eachother for a showdown, with no time to rest, no time to regain there health...no prep. Who wins?

How has the advantage going into the fight..both with no rest?

tyranus
in the supes vs A team he beats them but he get one hell of a fight.

Thor gets owned in the fight vs B team.

Supes helps thor, and then incinerates him with a super heat vision blast.

Accel
I'd give Supes the edge in the fight. I believe he would have an better time beating his team (mainly opponents too slow to keep up with him) then Thor would have beating his team (which has Aquaman with his unpredictable magic hand and Big Barda, a top-tier with a powerful weapon of her own). Depending on how they fight, Thor might be more tired than Supes, if even slightly, which could put him at a disadvantage.

MattDay
Thor will be a little softned up before he MAY encounter superman, but saying that i think superman would rush in at high speed to help the god of thunder then they go off for a drink at the local star bucks and exchange war stories lol i dont think they'd fight to be honest, but just for the hell of it, superman would beat up whats left of thor.

Scoobless
Thor would not have the trouble with those four that you all seem to think he would

UniOmni
Thor wins both bouts. Superman has to face 2 top tiers, with one lower midclass, and GR the variable. He's gonna have it much worse than Thor.
The only real threats to Thor are Grundy, depending on the depiction and Barda. And she's not even that big anymore.
Aquaman dies from one toss of the hammer, and so does the rapist. Barda probably can't take more than one toss, and if i recall, her rod is a close range melee type weapon. So its all down to Grundy. And he varies so much, that i gotta give it to Thor with ease. He comes to face a weaker superman, and he will take it.

Big Sexy
All RKT has to do is whisper and there dead.

Validus
Originally posted by UniOmni
Thor wins both bouts. Superman has to face 2 top tiers, with one lower midclass, and GR the variable. He's gonna have it much worse than Thor.
The only real threats to Thor are Grundy, depending on the depiction and Barda. And she's not even that big anymore.
Aquaman dies from one toss of the hammer, and so does the rapist. Barda probably can't take more than one toss, and if i recall, her rod is a close range melee type weapon. So its all down to Grundy. And he varies so much, that i gotta give it to Thor with ease. He comes to face a weaker superman, and he will take it.
The Mega Rod is long range and has knocked out Superman before.

Hard to pick a winner. Both of those groups present about the same level of challenge.

UniOmni
But what Superman?? Byrne era, ala weakass Superman??

And its debatable that Superman is in fact more durable that Thor. Thor has taken some attacks that are insane. But since he doesn't puff out his chest and take them, it appears as less.

Avalonofthewind

I doubt Thor would have an easy time with Barda. She's made to fight guys like him and you are correct about Grundy. I wouldn't sleep on Aquaman or light either.

While I think the author of the thread did a decent job trying to even out the teams the main problem is that Thor has no speed advantage over his enemies unlike Superman.

Thor may very well be KO'd before Superman comes to help him finish the battle.

Validus
But what Superman?? Byrne era, ala weakass Superman??

And its debatable that Superman is in fact more durable that Thor. Thor has taken some attacks that are insane. But since he doesn't puff out his chest and take them, it appears as less.
Era doesn't matter. The entire DCU was powered up along with Superman. How else do WW and Captain Marvel last in fights with Superman when he's had several power ups and they've had none? "Weak ass" Superman was still military pressing moutains for that matter.

I'm not saying Thor is less durable. That's neither here nor there but I would say a straight concussive force that can KO Superman can also KO Thor.

tyranus
Originally posted by Validus
Era doesn't matter. The entire DCU was powered up along with Superman. How else do WW and Captain Marvel last in fights with Superman when he's had several power ups and they've had none? "Weak ass" Superman was still military pressing moutains for that matter.

I'm not saying Thor is less durable. That's neither here nor there but I would say a straight concussive force that can KO Superman can also KO Thor.

Damn right smokin'

UniOmni
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
I doubt Thor would have an easy time with Barda. She's made to fight guys like him and you are correct about Grundy. I wouldn't sleep on Aquaman or light either.

While I think the author of the thread did a decent job trying to even out the teams the main problem is that Thor has no speed advantage over his enemies unlike Superman.

Thor may very well be KO'd before Superman comes to help him finish the battle.

I see it like this. Dr.Light and Drippy are the two weakest links. Unless they can stop a hammer going ftl, when they are hit in the face with it, they will die. So that brings it down to Barda and Grundy. Grundy is so inconsistent its insane, so i'll leave him outta this. Barda would do decently against Thor at first, but i firmly believe it'll be over when he decides to finish it. Grundy gets killed again, and a relatively fresh Thor faces a weaker superman.

Especially since Hulk has the whole dynamic strength thing going for him. The longer the fight lasts, and Hulk gains in fury, the less effective a speedblitz will be.

UniOmni
Originally posted by Validus

Correction......The whole DCU was powered up with Flash. Once he got faster, Superman got faster and stronger, and so did his rivals as a result. Though its kinda lazy how they explain supermans, but not his rivals. they could take the easy way and simply say that magical beings grow in power, the longer they exist.

Avalonofthewind
I see it like this. Dr.Light and Drippy are the two weakest links. Unless they can stop a hammer going ftl, when they are hit in the face with it, they will die. So that brings it down to Barda and Grundy. Grundy is so inconsistent its insane, so i'll leave him outta this. Barda would do decently against Thor at first, but i firmly believe it'll be over when he decides to finish it. Grundy gets killed again, and a relatively fresh Thor faces a weaker superman.

Especially since Hulk has the whole dynamic strength thing going for him. The longer the fight lasts, and Hulk gains in fury, the less effective a speedblitz will be.

Here is the thing. Thor isn't going to throw the hammer faster than light that many times before he gets jumped. He just doesn't have that kind of speed.

Superman has already proven himself in this type of battle in Ending Game. He beat a city of villains simultaneously. I just can't see Thor doing the same.

UniOmni
Was ending battle part of S/B?? cuz if so, i stopped reading when i heard Loeb was gonna show how Superman and Batman are necessary to the universe.

Avalonofthewind
Nope. It was an arc that ran through the 'standard' Superman titles.
It was made to mimic Batman's "Knightfall."

Accel
Thor could beat down his opponents quickly, but he'd need to act quick and take out Barda, then Aquaman (dodn't know about Light). He could take out them out by:
A.) Removing their souls
B.) Using the sleep spell
C.) Absorbing their energies (such as Barda'a megarod) and then sending back to them 10 fold

Cosmic Cube
Thor's reflexive speed is also an advantage over his opponents. Though he doesn't show it often Thor does have Godlike speed.

Savage Hulk, at the peak of his power, has been downright unbeatable, able to withstand an attack that destroyed an entire universe. His rage would make Superman's speedblitzes ineffective, while causing Superman to be drained of his solar energy. I'm not sure if Superman can overcome his team at all.

magneto1992
Ofd course he can, anyways he would be to tired to beat Thor, but if they were in averege Superman would win

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by magneto1992
Ofd course he can, anyways he would be to tired to beat Thor, but if they were in averege Superman would win

Did you read my entire post and why I said he wouldn't be able to beat his team?

Superman has been unable to defeat Grundy in the past. Defeating Savage Hulk, who can withstand universe destroying attacks at the hieghts of his durability won't be any easier.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.