i need help

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thebuttkikkr
can u bridge ur connection frum ur xbox to ur pc without 2 ethernet ports on ur pc??

eggmayo
Originally posted by thebuttkikkr
can u bridge ur connection frum ur xbox to ur pc without 2 ethernet ports on ur pc??
No. You would need to buy a router. Or just unplug the connection to the PC when using the xbox. Forgive me if I'm wrong, i've never had a look at one. Router's usually have 4 ethernet ports, though.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by eggmayo
No. You would need to buy a router. Or just unplug the connection to the PC when using the xbox. Forgive me if I'm wrong, i've never had a look at one. Router's usually have 4 ethernet ports, though.

Correct.

Whenever I use XBox Live I just unplug my connection from my PC and run it to the back of the console.

eggmayo
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Correct.

Whenever I use XBox Live I just unplug my connection from my PC and run it to the back of the console.
Is preferable to spending money on a router you don't need.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by eggmayo
Is preferable to spending money on a router you don't need.

Well it does get a bit annoying sometimes, but yeah, no need to waste money.

Thankfully we already have a router in our house, but I don't have another cord long enough to reach from Main computer all the way to the basement for the XBox. Just need a wireless card for my PC and all will be set though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.