Where were you when?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Erebus
(let's see how old people on this board really are)

A)09/11 happened?

B)The OJ verdict was announced?

C)The Berlin Wall fell?

D)The US hostages in Iran were released?

E)Elvis died?

F)Armstrong walked on the moon.

G)Kennedy was shot?

H)Pearl Harbor was bombed?

Me

A)I had just gotten home from working a late night shift when my mother called to tell me a plane had hit the world trade center. I turned CNN on just in time to see the second plane hit, live.

B)Was living in Reno but don't recall what I was doing at the time.

C)I was at a party when someone came in and said "they're tearing down the Berlin Wall", so we turned on the TV to see if it was true and sure enough, it was.

D)I was a senior in high school working as a short order cook and heard it on the radio. The manager announced it to the restraunt, which broke out in cheering and applause.

E) I was in my bedroom at my parents house listening to music when they stopped in mid song to tell us Elvis had just died.

F)I was 6 years old and it's (barely) one of my very first memories.

G)I was nine months old so I have no memory of it at all.

H)Years before I was born, as I bet is the case with just about everyone else on this board. I do remember my mother (who was 12 at the time) telling me about it.

LanceWindu
A) Living in Reno at the time, just woke up to turn on the TV after the second plane hit. My dad was at the airport to go to my sisters wedding in Tennessee.

B) I believe it was 4th grade in Tennessee, sitting in class and we were all watching the TV.

C) Umm...I think I was in Missouri at the time.

D) *shrug* What year was this?

E) I was the twinkle in my dad's eye.

F) Still twinkling away.

G) My dad hadn't hit puberty yet.

H) I was the twinkle in the twinkle of my grandpa's eye.

Dusty
I think this could be put in the History forum.

Council#13
I hate school no expression

Arachnoidfreak
Where were yew, when they made the ladder to heeeaavuhn

Vraya
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
(let's see how old people on this board really are)

A)09/11 happened?

B)The OJ verdict was announced?

C)The Berlin Wall fell?

D)The US hostages in Iran were released?

E)Elvis died?

F)Armstrong walked on the moon.

G)Kennedy was shot?

H)Pearl Harbor was bombed?

Me

A)I had just gotten home from working a late night shift when my mother called to tell me a plane had hit the world trade center. I turned CNN on just in time to see the second plane hit, live.

B)Was living in Reno but don't recall what I was doing at the time.

C)I was at a party when someone came in and said "they're tearing down the Berlin Wall", so we turned on the TV to see if it was true and sure enough, it was.

D)I was a senior in high school working as a short order cook and heard it on the radio. The manager announced it to the restraunt, which broke out in cheering and applause.

E) I was in my bedroom at my parents house listening to music when they stopped in mid song to tell us Elvis had just died.

F)I was 6 years old and it's (barely) one of my very first memories.

G)I was nine months old so I have no memory of it at all.

H)Years before I was born, as I bet is the case with just about everyone else on this board. I do remember my mother (who was 12 at the time) telling me about it. A) I was at school when they turned the news on and our class was told about what had happened.
B)I was only three or four when it happened so I can't really remember anything
C) I was a twinkle in my dad's eye
D) I was a twinkle in my dad's eye
F) I was a twinkle in my dad's eye.
G) hell I don't even think my Dad was born back then

IvoryGeisha
A) In my kitchen, cooking

B) At school finishing off an art project

C) Funnily enough, in geography class...the whole class stopped to watch

D) I think I may have been out training...

E) I wasn't born

F) I wasn't born

G) I wasn't born

H) I wasn't born

Noble Strong

Strangelove
deadthread
banned

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.