Hurricane Season 2006

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fini
hey hey, its that time of year again, and the very first depression of the year is gonna be a hurricane in a matter of hours

So Hurricane Alberto is bearing down on the western side of Florida right now and should be making landfall within 12 hrs.

Talk about a fast start.

Shakyamunison
It is going to be a bad year, or at least that is what I've heard.

fini
yep, for a few years, there will be much higher levels of hurricane activity. And i think last year was the tip of the iceberg

btw hey shaky

botankus
Hurricane Chris...For now I will bide my time above the Carribean. My name will be called much too soon, so I will not be spawned in Africa.

Shakyamunison
My friends daughter lives in Florida, so I hope they do ok this year, but they have been living there for many years, so they know what to do.

Hi fini, how is your hand doing.

botankus
You can call Hurricanes Chris and Debbie a bit of Double Trouble. I can see the headlines now...

As for Hurricane (or Tropical Storm) Beryl...I 'm still waiting on an answer to my all-important question: Who the hell knows someone named Beryl????

fini
LOL

wow, wasn't it not too long ago we were all here talking bout hurricanes, and voila its the hurricane season again

Hey shaky, its fine.
Still need surgery to fix the bones, but i will do that later.

GCG
Speaking about fixing, did USA fix the levees and enbankments ?

botankus
Alberto V05 is expected to be a Cat 1, as fini said. Minimal impact, but there are a lot of wildfires still burning in Florida, so it could actually be a positive in that regard.

fini
Hmmmm these early huricanes never pack a punch, I remember Hurricane Dennis, it was over CAT 3 when it hit land but just had a lot of rain, soo I not surprised if Alberto just falls apart as it gets closer to land.

Technicolor
Originally posted by fini
hey hey, its that time of year again, and the very first depression of the year is gonna be a hurricane in a matter of hours

So Hurricane Alberto is bearing down on the western side of Florida right now and should be making landfall within 12 hrs.

Talk about a fast start. precisely why im flying out in two hours to new jersey to see relatives happy

Arachnoidfreak
Who the hell names these hurricanes? Alberto??

I vote for Hurricane A$$hole.

fini
why hurricane A$$hole??

hurricanes have always been around, if people are gonna live where hurricanes strike and then complain about it, then its their tough luck.

debbiejo
Originally posted by botankus
You can call Hurricanes Chris and Debbie a bit of Double Trouble. I can see the headlines now...
eek!

It would totally disrupt everything... wink

What would the logical world do???

fini
CHRIS!!!!

You're here........... well tropical storm Chris that is..... should be a hurricane within the next 24 hrs.

debbiejo
Where's Debbie?? sad

fini
awwwww

YOU ARE NEXT hunny, so jus sit back and wait. Ocean/sea/gulf waters warm enough to support hurricanes now, so its a matter of time.

Would you you believe last weekend, this same low system that formed Chris was supposed to hit trinidad and it went straight north, AGAIN. lol

debbiejo
Wow, and we are having some unreal heat wave here.....Yesterday for instance it was 101 degrees.....unheard of here, with the heat index of 110....sweat

I guess I'll just tag on to Hurricane Chris then......Hope he doesn't mind.. big grin

badabing
I live in Tampa, FL and we've been lucky so far. Tampa has only been grazed by hurricanes.

fini
yeah they have.

Current trajectory indicates that the storm/hurricane may head into the gulf.

Bardock42
Was it like totally boring so far? How many people died?

fini
umm no one.

Afro Cheese
i hope this year's different then the last two years. i really don't feel like spending a couple more weeks without power.

botankus
CHRIS!!!!

You're here........... well tropical storm Chris that is..... should be a hurricane within the next 24 hrs.

Woo-hoo!!!! Okay, last I checked I'm up to 65 mph. No sign of Debbie yet. sad I was hoping for a one-two punch!

fini
lol, u never know......... there is time still, lol

fini
Heyyy Chris, you need to stock up on vitamins , you done already???

tsk tsk

Fëanor
LOL

wow, wasn't it not too long ago we were all here talking bout hurricanes, and voila its the hurricane season again

yeah...and last years storm caused a lot more of something with someone i met on here. Bot knows who i'm talking about.

GCG
http://www.dorkinglabs.com/fim/216.jpg

botankus
Heyyy Chris, you need to stock up on vitamins , you done already???

tsk tsk

I know!! What is wrong with me? Here I was, expecting at least a Cat 1, and now it's down to around 45 mph winds. I had a big lunch today (one of those Hardee's thickburgers), so check me out later, where I expect nothing less than 160mph winds.

And Feanor, I got your back on that one. Well, not literally.

Fëanor
oh damn...and i was hoping you meant figuratively glare

for five days i couldn't talk to her when there power went out. hopefully this year it won't be so bad.

botankus
Folks, Feanor's talking about the chick in his sig. When she comes over this year dressed like that, he hopes the power will not go out.

Fëanor
Bot speaks the truth. If anything does go out, it won't be the power shifty

debbiejo
Originally posted by botankus
Woo-hoo!!!! Okay, last I checked I'm up to 65 mph. No sign of Debbie yet. sad I was hoping for a one-two punch! Hurry up Chris.....I'm waiting!!! wink

All decked out and everything........Ready to go........

botankus
Debbie, I know you hate to hear this, but I'm fizzling out. sad

p.s. My sig below is NOT a picture of me. More like my grandmother Isabel, who was 10 times more powerful than I could ever dream to be.

fini
ALright................ Here's Debby( ok its spelt different)

But its a storm just of the Azores islands, Too early to tell if it will hit anywhere on this side of the atlantic. Current projections is that it will head too far northeast to be of any concern.............. but that could change.

botankus
Go Debby!!!! *looks for "crowd doing the wave" smilie*

fini
Hmmm Debby is weakening

But in other news, AT 11N 57W, there is a low pressure system that WOULD be classified as a depression or a storm later today. If it does get named it will be Ernesto.

Oh yeah my location? 11N 60W, hehehhehehe, we bracing for lots and lots of rain
Happy Dance

fini
Grrrr we go rain from the depression and just as it passed the island It became Tropical Storm Ernesto

Its HUGE, and currently on a direct course for Jamaica and the island is under hurricane watch. So Ernesto is going to be the first hurricane of the year( bout time). The long term path is for it to head into the Gulf of Mexico, where the waters are extremely warm, so once the storm makes it there, its gonna get stronger. Sigh not good news for everyone from florida to texas.

WickedTexasMomA
I'm looking forward to it, Last year entertained the hell out of me for days.lol How shameful of me but its it human nature to feel complied to watch death and destruction? Plus we get the back winds and it cools the area off by 15 or so degrees.

debbiejo
Hmmm Debby is weakening

Say it's not soooooo cry

botankus
Debby is gone. sad

debbiejo
Nooooooooooooweep

fini
awwwww

debbiejo
Oh, hi fini.......Are you happy now??? Debby is gone..... sad

fini
i wasn't saying for her to go!!!!

but anyway, I on the lookout for Florence.

Bardock42
My brother is currently in Florida so he will have his hurricane virginity taken in the next few days...

Rogue Jedi
louisiana victims are the worst. i had 3 families at my job, all hurricane victims, fistfighting a few feet from me.

KidRock
Originally posted by Bardock42
My brother is currently in Florida so he will have his hurricane virginity taken in the next few days...

I bet hes prayin the hurricane hits a jewish community, isnt he? ISNT HE?!

Rogue Jedi
i just hope it does not hit new orleans again. if it does, they will all be back.

fini
New updates

Tropical Storm Florence has formed in the atlantic, east of the caribbean and is currently on a trajectory that will have it heading towards the Bahamas. Its too early to tell where it will go exactly, But on current estimates, if it does reach the bahamas it may be a CAt 3 hurricane .

I'll be watching this one very closely, lol, along with other low pressure system in the atlantic right now.

fini
SIGH

This year's hurricane season is being confined to the atlantic cause of the return of El Nino in the pacific

Because of this, the Americas continents are drier than usual, heck the air of the coasts are dry too, so hurricanes got nothing to feed of when they come near to land.

Sooo much of 2006

debbiejo
It's raining here........... sad

This is the wettest season we have had for this time of year...

redcaped
evil face

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by redcaped
evil face

Am I meant to extrapolate on your meaning here as well, or is it just that you feel like posting useless smileys?

RZA
SIGH

This year's hurricane season is being confined to the atlantic cause of the return of El Nino in the pacific

Because of this, the Americas continents are drier than usual, heck the air of the coasts are dry too, so hurricanes got nothing to feed of when they come near to land.

Sooo much of 2006

Thank God for 'El Nino'.

And I was under the impression that he was a bad thing confused

redcaped
I mean...aren't you afraid of the weather?!

debbiejo
I love storms, though I'm glad I don't live by the shores......

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by debbiejo
I love storms, though I'm glad I don't live by the shores......

Are all your relationships disenfranchised?

debbiejo
blink

redcaped
Hey debby, I don't know ya but as a follow member...take care of yourself during this season, specially from babies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.