Superman Returns Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NoFate007
Ok, now the answer to this might've just totally flown over my head, but its been bugging me.

If Superman is vulnerable to kryptonite = pieces of "radioactive" Krypton after its destruction....how the hell can he go back to Krypton's remains? Wouldn't that ENTIRE area be filled with kryptonite? If post-destroyed rock from Krypton is what can kill Clark, and he goes to the damn source of post-destroyed Krypton, wouldn't all the rocks therefore be charged in the same manner?

Am I supposed to totally look past this or is it like "well it only affects him after it enters Earth's atmosphere"? I've never been a huge fan of Superman and I really didn't get much into him until basically the past year and a half, so I might have missed this notification in some 1940s comic lol.

Kal875
Well if I'm right (and I'm 90% sure I am) When Krypton blew up in threw the kryptonite everywhere, it sent it half way across the Galaxy. I'm surprised that there is still a place to return to.

anybody can correct me if I'm wrong

redcaped
Back to Krypton in a ship or by himself?

BlackC@
He goes there in a space ship. He would be powerless that far into space because there is no yellow sun to get his powers from.

((The_Anomaly))
Yes, His powers would have been long diminished after 2.5 years before he got there (I'm assuming it took equal time to get there as it did to get back) without a yellow sun. Not to mention when he got into Krypton's solar system its red sun would strip him of his powers. So he didn't have his abilities when he got to Krypton's remains, and non powered Kryptonians have no weakness to kryptonite, as they are essentially exactly like humans.

MattDay
the anomaly you would be right about the red sun except the run sun blew up krypton by blowing itself up

redcaped
It would be smart of him giving his own created space ship a good flying impulse until he loses powers completely...a considerable distance.

BlackC@
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Not to mention when he got into Krypton's solar system its red sun would strip him of his powers. So he didn't have his abilities when he got to Krypton's remains, and non powered Kryptonians have no weakness to kryptonite, as they are essentially exactly like humans.

No.

Kryptons' red sun exploded, thus causing the destruction of Krypton. It isn't there anymore.

Kryptonite is STILL deadly to none powered Kyrptonians. It's only deadly because it has red sun radiation on it. Think of it like this, if we touched a rock that had our yellow sun radiation on it, it would be deadly to us, it's the exact same for Kryptonians with a red sun.

redcaped
Why is the yellow sun behind the Spiderman 3 logo? By the way and because this is obviously Superman debate, the statues to be release on the 28th of this month gives me a clue of the movie. Why Kal-El (the superman) appears in weakening state laid on the grown with an old woman...is it on Krypton?

kryptonkel11
read the book...he does get sick while on krypton....he gets there in a ship

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.