Meteorite hit Norway

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkCrawler
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1346411.ece

Holy shit.

Alpha Centauri
It blew a curtain back, shocking. Extinction level stuff.

-AC

debbiejo
sad

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It blew a curtain back, shocking. Extinction level stuff.

-AC

Does something need to destroy property and take human lives before its interesting?

New Faith
AHMAHGAWD WE'RE ALL GUNNA DIE.

DIS IZ DA AP0C0LYP55533!!111!111

WIT N0 N0RWAI WE 4LL D11113!!!!1111

No offense intended to any Norwegians. embarrasment

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Does something need to destroy property and take human lives before its interesting?

That is what I was thinking. eek!

debbiejo
We have members here from that country.......wonder if they'll post.......I know of at least 2 from Norway.

Alpha Centauri
I didn't say it wasn't interesting...did I?

-AC

DarkCrawler
The tone of your post certainly made it seem like that.

debbiejo
AC = Attention C@nt

did I say that????

God, I'm sinking to the lower life on here.

DarkCrawler
Well, thank god the meteorite was that small, and not anything like the one that caused the Chicxulub Crater.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicxulub_Crater

A.J
was that the 6th devil

meep-meep
Holy shit is right. The reaction of the astronomists is a little bizzare though. Exciting? Yes I admit that a meteorite striking earth is interesting but excitment isn't the first reaction that comes to my mind. More like concern. If that meteorite were bigger and killed some people or destroyed property I'm sure the "excitement" part of their response would have been edited out.

Mindship
Well, thank god the meteorite was that small, and not anything like the one that caused the Chicxulub Crater.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicxulub_Crater

And y'all thought all we had to worry about was global warming...

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0611AntarcticaCrater11-ON.html

Bigger than Chicx.

NineCoronas
Does something need to destroy property and take human lives before its interesting? Indeed. erm

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Mindship
And y'all thought all we had to worry about was global warming...

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0611AntarcticaCrater11-ON.html

Bigger than Chicx. Damn. Nuclear bombs are pathetic compared to those things.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by meep-meep
Holy shit is right. The reaction of the astronomists is a little bizzare though. Exciting? Yes I admit that a meteorite striking earth is interesting but excitment isn't the first reaction that comes to my mind. More like concern. If that meteorite were bigger and killed some people or destroyed property I'm sure the "excitement" part of their response would have been edited out. Yeah. Describing somethings destructive force is a common thing in astronomy. Seriously, though, this is a big thing. Can't believe I missed this. Imagine if this had hit Oslo. Or some other big city. Imagine the headlines we had now.

You think any animals were killed in that thing? What if some poor Norwegian was hiking there?

meep-meep
I know this is wrong but just picturing a goat grazing in some norwegian field completely unaware and then getting vaporized by a meteorite blast it didn't even see coming is sadistcally entertaining. I'm a bad person, I know.

What if some poor Norwegian was hiking there? lol! Do you think she was yoddling and had huge knockers, too? That would be too bad....the vaporized knockers that is.

badabing
I'm glad it didn't hit a large city.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by badabing

I'm not, that would have made great news.

meep-meep

I am too. My previous comment was for pure entertainment value. Don't take it too seriously.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
I'm not, that would have made great news.

overlord
I'm surprised such a large piece could stay intact while entering the atmosphere, it must have been much bigger in that case. Wait.. a ****ing Hiroshima sized boom? And nobody saw the damn thing coming?
Is this for REALLLL??? Maybe we can expect more in that case, maybe some cities will be hit! Cool!!

meep-meep
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine I'm not, that would have made great news.

Well, it looks like we have a troll.

NineCoronas

Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
I'm not, that would have made great news. I hope it hits your home, you thick-headed fool.

debbiejo
Don't worry about Mr. Valentine from "Canada"......Mount. St. Helen is gonna come his way.

2-D
ANy one fink this is like a sign i mean...9/11, The columbia space shuttle, The asian tsunami and Now this meteorite maybe its a sign of uh...idunno an armageddon on something....

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by meep-meep
Well, it looks like we have a troll.

A Troll?

messed

If a meteorite actually hit a big city, George bush would think it was a terrorist attack roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by NineCoronas
I hope it hits your home, you thick-headed fool.

If It hits my home, it would be hitting a big city, so you are wishing for it to hit a big city.

See how I reversed that Matt? laughing out loud

Originally posted by debbiejo
Don't worry about Mr. Valentine from "Canada"......Mount. St. Helen is gonna come his way.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Negative, not were I live. It will make no difference to me, if the volcano decides to explode open. I live to far on the coast for it to both me at all.

It would effect a few members I know though hmm

debbiejo
Yeah, me........... sad

NineCoronas
Damn you stick out tongue

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by NineCoronas
Damn you stick out tongue

I Owned the Owning Master w00t

debbiejo
We will look like the moon............that is how the world will end............Oh that's another thread........ embarrasment

shugie99
As long as no one died, I'm cool.

Vinny Valentine
Anything that Scaes a person, makes great news.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.