Darth Maul vs Desann

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xepeyon
go. BTW,

Round 1) Saber Fight

Round 2) Force Battle

Round 3) Anything Goes

Captain REX
Actually, quite a toughie. I'd say Maul, however. Desann had a lot of power behind his blows and was a powerful Dark Jedi, but Maul's training as a Sith apprentice and his skills are far superior.

Hokage Yoda
I agree with Taicho Rex

Xepeyon
I was thinking that too. Sith secrets is what keep the Sith above the Dark Jedi, but Desann was no pushover.

Captain REX
Oh, definitely not. I'm sure he slaughtered quite a few Jedi in the attack on Yavin IV, though not shown in the game...

Hokage Yoda
Originally posted by Xepeyon
I was thinking that too. Sith secrets is what keep the Sith above the Dark Jedi, but Desann was no pushover.

True but maul is a Sith Lord. So I'm leaning towards him. big grin

Captain REX
Plus, Maul killed quite a lot of people without a scratch when fighting Black Sun on Sidious' orders. Desann mostly just ran through the Temple until he got to the part where Kyle faced him.

jollyjim311
Yeah, Maul has a solid victory in all three categories, but it isn't easy for him in any of them.

kamikz
I'd say the guy that (without the HUGE powerup from the valley of the jedi) was able to move his hand and collapse a small building, and with the power of the valley of the jedi was able to stalemate Luke Skywalker is going to have a chance against Maul....

Captain REX
In a saber fight, I'd put my money on Maul. I'm assuming that Desann hasn't been to the Valley for this fight; that's ridiculously overpowering.

Force battle, however...Desann might take that. He's awfully good with kinetic powers.

In the end, though, I think Maul would win the last category.

Jonathan Mark
This is a tough one... really I don't know.

kamikz
Originally posted by Captain REX
In a saber fight, I'd put my money on Maul. I'm assuming that Desann hasn't been to the Valley for this fight; that's ridiculously overpowering.

Force battle, however...Desann might take that. He's awfully good with kinetic powers.

In the end, though, I think Maul would win the last category.

Well it hasn't been said yet, and Kyle defeated him so.... Though Desann might have been killed in some weird way, like there are different options to how you are going to fight him, and you don't see his full body when he dies....

Desann was able to give Luke a run for his money while they were fighting in a saber battle. Luke was falling to the ground and stuff while Desann was laughing at him.
If you cheat you can get his style in the game, and it is by far the best. (Not sure if this means anything though).
Desann has a chance I belive...

Desann would win a force battle. He is able to do a very strong force lightning, without the power of the valley he is able to smack his hand and crush a statue the size of a building, more than Dooku did inside the hangar with Yoda. (Not saying he is above Dooku in the force, but his powers are strong). Desann also made a whole roof collapse (not at Luke, I mean in the last level) with ease and even made copys of himself, illusions which would trick Kyle.
I haven't seen anything impressive with Maul really in the froce...

Admiral Akbar
"I haven't seen anything impressive with Maul really in the froce..."

I think it is impressive enough he was created through the "froce." stick out tongue

Se7in
Round 1) Maul

Round 2) Desann

Round 3) Toughie. Desann takes it.

kamikz
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
"I haven't seen anything impressive with Maul really in the froce..."

I think it is impressive enough he was created through the "froce." stick out tongue

Lol, ops didn't see that.... Force then.

Xepeyon
I think Desann would win. He had no Sith teachings, but he was still able to beat JA Luke.

Razielim
Luke didn't want to hurt him; Luke always wanted to convert him back to the light.

kamikz
Except Luke himself was afraid to face him, he was to powerful for Luke to even sense him coming....

And even IF Luke didn't want to hurt him, he was still falling on the ground and pushed to the edge several times during their duel, then pushed back far away with a force push and bueried under debri. And Luke never said a word to him during the duel, he just fought with him, Luke probably wanted to convert him but still....

Count Kent
Round 1) Maul

Round 2) Desann

Round 3) Toughie. Maul takes it.

ESB - 1138
Originally posted by Captain REX
Actually, quite a toughie. I'd say Maul, however. Desann had a lot of power behind his blows and was a powerful Dark Jedi, but Maul's training as a Sith apprentice and his skills are far superior.

One being a Sith doesn't mean you are greater then the Dark Jedi. Desann defeated Luke in combat. Some say that Luke wasn't trying to defeat Desann but Skywalker did say "if you run into Desann don't try to take him alone."

That was a warning to Kyle as well as himself. When Kyle asked why Luke fought Desann he replied "Desann forced me into a corner."

1.) I'll have to give it to Desann. Luke couldn't defeat him and Luke in Jedi Knight II was better then any Obi-Wan TPM was and Obi-Wan then was besting Maul one on one.

2.) Desann. This was the guy who took down a corridor with a flick of his wrist.

3.) Desann. Maul is skilled with a lightsaber but Desann uses his skill with a lightsaber as well as his strength with the force to best his opponent.

Remember that Desann's power was also increased due to the Valley of the Jedi.

Xepeyon
I'm agreeing that Desann would win, but remember: Darth Maul single-handedly and literally destroyed the Black Sun, a criminal organization so strong that Sids, said that some would call it the most powerful force in the galaxy. He went through the entire fortress unharmed, until he fought the bodygaurds, and right after fought a Nightsister. Sure just a walk in the park.roll eyes (sarcastic)
He also fought and defeated two Jedi in combat....at the same time.(because Obi-Wan was promoted to Jedi Knight a day after Darth Maul's Defeat, I'll referr to him as a Jedi Knight....That being said, has anyone else noticed that when a Master and an Apprintice both fight a Sith Lord, The Master gets pwned, and the apprintice slayes him?huh ) In a way, Darth Maul was fighting a Jedi Master and a Jedi Knight at the same time. Not to mention one was basically a council member.(Qui-Gon was too rebellious).

Desann was like a Dark Jedi genius. unlike any Sith, he literally created Dark Jedi! On his attack in the Jedi Temple on Yavin, He fought nothing but Jedi, and Jedi and MORE Jedi. some likely Jedi Masters! Luke Skywalker said "there's no telling how powerful he's become." If Luke Skywalker feared him, you know he's believe he's a threat.

ESB - 1138
Darth Maul had to separate the two first to be able to defeat Qui-Gon. And when he did Obi-Wan was winning the battle after that between him and Maul. The only reason some say Maul was winning is because he managed to Force Push Obi-Wan down into a hole.

But really the Black Sun, if it was as strong as Palpatine said it was then how was it Maul (who is not even close to Palpatine's power) able to destroy the Black Sun unharmed? It looks like they weren't as strong as proclaimed.

jollyjim311
It is a testement to Mauls power, not against the Black Sun.

zephiel7
Desaan stomps Maul to bloody hell. Heck he was giving Jedi master Luke a hard time.

Maul was owned by a padawan.

Count Kent
I take back what I said. Desann tools Maul in all ways.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.