A.D.Skinner vs. Thorinn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alliance
Proof I am Insane

A.D.Skinner vs. Thorinn

Alliance

MECH

Reqs: Under 150 kb, minmum 300x300, max 1000x1000. Bigger does not mean better. Use an appropriate size canvas. No animation allowed. What you create should be relevatn to the render. Your opponents name should be included, along with one word that you feel describes them.

Bonus: Depth to the image. Evidnece of hard work.

Deadline: One Week. (1800 CDT Monday June 19th) I'm giving you time, so make it good. Put some thought into it. Don't finish this eveningmad.

Thorinn
Is that from Halo?

Alliance
Not that I am aware of.

Thorinn
I took a better look now, it's going to be interesting. shifty

Alliance
I hope so. I love doing big duels. stick out tongue

I trust you two to be powerful and creative. smile

H. S. 6
You expect them to do a giant sig with that tiny render? erm

Alliance
Oh... my bad. Photobucket resized it.

OK NEW CRITERIA!

new size reqs: min size for length or widh = 200 px. max length or width = 600 px.

all other requirements remain.

Barker
It's interesting that this is a Signature Duel, yet you've set Guidelines more worthy of an Art Duel. hmm

TOH
Originally posted by Barker
It's interesting that this is a Signature Duel, yet you've set Guidelines more worthy of an Art Duel. hmm

*Puts a smilie just to increase post count*

Hmmm hmm

H. S. 6

I agree. hmm

I can understand vertical sigs, but this shouldn't go in the Signature Duel Forum, methinks. erm

Alliance

Aren't sigs just art anyway?

I don't remember ready any guidelines on it. Maybe Lana would like ot comment?

Duels like this have been done before...I think it allows you to use the full quality of the render.

Perhaps I'm giving too much freedom....

Maybe Lana would like to comment?

Barker
Signatures are art, but Signatures are also supposed to be Small, and .. like.. Follow your Posts.

Can you imagine a 1000x1000 Pixel Signature?

firefirefireph

TOH
Signatures are art, but Signatures are also supposed to be Small, and .. like.. Follow your Posts.

Can you imagine a 1000x1000 Pixel Signature?

firefirefireph
I can..droolio

with animations and stuff... droolio

Aurora
OR A TRAILER eek!

calvs
Originally posted by Aurora
OR A TRAILER eek!
Or a Gailer weep

Alliance
Originally posted by TOH
I can..droolio

with animations and stuff... droolio

TOH you and I should do such a duel.
Originally posted by Aurora
OR A TRAILER eek!
I REMEBER THAT! Another nuke i had a hand in building.Originally posted by calvs
Or a Gailer weep
What? laughing

Bloigen
Originally posted by TOH

Hmmm hmm

shock

Alliance
no expression

Barker
Originally posted by Alliance
Hm..

DigiMark007
I like that Alliance is uber-creative with his requirements, but judges should probably check with the participants before doing anything too outlandish.

Lana
99% of the duels done here wouldn't be usable for actual sigs (either size requirements or....questionable content), and stuff like this has been done before. It's fine.

And just to be totally random, my phone is growling.

Alliance
*grrrrooowwl*

A.D. Skinner
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I like that Alliance is uber-creative with his requirements, but judges should probably check with the participants before doing anything too outlandish.

I like a good challenge, and I have been dueling for some time now, so I know what possiblilities there are.

I think Alliance made a good challenge for us ( even though I haven't posted an entry yet )!

I don't think it necessary for the Judge to check with the participants first...if that was the case, then all the duels would be easy! yes

Alliance
Originally posted by A.D. Skinner
I don't think it necessary for the Judge to check with the participants first...if that was the case, then all the duels would be easy! yes

I agree with more with Digi. I don't think participants should expect a standard 450x150, 60kb sig, but anything larger than 500 px might warrant a checking.

Some renders deserve that kind of space.

But I'm glad you guys like my ideas big grin

Thorinn
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g145/Thorinn/skinnerduel.jpg

I gave up trying to make it a mech signature. weep

Alliance
cool smile

A.D. Skinner
Entry

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/Aurora8387/Halosig.jpg

Alliance
cool smile

A.D. Skinner
*awaits judgement*

Aurora
Has this duel been forgotten?

Alliance
No stick out tongue

Alliance
Thorinn:
thumb upthumb upcolor scheme
thumb upNice placement of render
thumb upadditional elements
no expressionText (Its ok, but Thorinn is not well integrated
thumb down integration of render into background (make it seel lik eit belongs! (tonally etc))

Alliance
ADS:

thumb upthumb upGiving the render a new feel
thumb up colors, but you somewhat broke this with the swirls
no expression background (nice but repetative)
no expression text (thorinn is nice and creative, precise is well...no expression)
no expression swirls. They are nice, but stand rejected in the corner, involving them in the action would be nice)

Alliance
Winner: Thorin.

Why: I really like the color shceme ad the idea of the sig, but the render was not very well integrated. It was not a clear choice.

What lost it for ADS was the disconeect between his additonial elements (some of the text and the poor abandoned swirls) and the render. The render was very well integrated and he gave the render a very childish feel which was talented and createive, keeping him in the game.

GD ALL! I hope you enjoyed yoursleves and at least I was pleased! big grin

A.D. Skinner
Thanks for the feedback..I will keep that in mind if I ever choose you to judge my duels again.

Thorinn...I really liked your sig, and I feel that the best sig won in the end. I would always be willing for a rematch at a later date if you are up for it.

Alliance
NP...as a judge I think its my primary responsibilty to justify my opinon....hopefully it helps you improve. But its only my opinion, take it for what its worth smile

Thorinn
w00t great duel.

Thanks Alliance.

And will do for another go around A.D.

Alliance
cool!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.