Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2-Disc SE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wolfie
I've heard about this for a while but I just now heard some details on it.

The package will include a fully restored print taken from a high definition transfer of the original negative and a host of extras including: feature-length commentary with actors Marilyn Burns, Paul A. Partain, Allen Danzinger, and art director Robert A. Burns, feature-length commentary with director Tobe Hooper, cinematographer Daniel Pearl, and actor Gunnar Hansen, theatrical trailers & TV and radio spots, "The Texas Chain Saw Massacre: The Shocking Truth" featurette, "Flesh Wounds" featurette, A Tour of the TCSM house with Gunnar Hansen, deleted scenes and outtakes, a blooper reel, "The Shocking Truth" outtakes, and a still gallery.
- DVDActive.com

So that means they cleaned up the film? If so, I might just hang onto my OOP copy of TCM. I think the grainy look to the film helped it and a clear HD picture would make it less effective.

C-Dic
All the old Pioneer releases had horrible picture quality to begin with, and were incorrectly transfered. This new one is Anamorphic Widescreen, and will look the way it was always intended. Besides, you can't clean up a 16mm movie but so much, anyway.

tabby999
i'll be getting that! nice bonus features for a change, some new dvds have been letting me down in the special features department

BackFire
About ****ing time this movie got the good DVD release it deserves. Will be getting it on day one.

WrathfulDwarf
Awesome! Finally a SE of TCM. thumb up

Impediment
Like C-Dic said, there's only so much you can clean up an old film like TCM for a DVD transfer, however I highly anticipate this version's release.

Impediment
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/TCMdvd.jpg

Dark Sky Films presents this masterpiece like you've never seen or heard it before, newly transferred in High Definition from the 16mm camera originals, remixed in 5.1 and 2.0 Stereo Surround, and featuring never-before-seen Bonus Features produced exclusively for this definitive collection.

Bonus Features:

-Steelbook Packaging
-Feature-length commentary with actors Marilyn Burns, Paul A. Partain, Allen Danzinger, and art director Robert A. Burns
-Feature-length commentary with director Tobe Hooper, cinematographer Daniel Pearl, and actor Gunnar Hansen
-Theatrical Trailers & TV and Radio Spots
-"The Texas Chain Saw Massacre: The Shocking Truth"
-"Flesh Wounds"
-A Tour of the TCM house with Gunnar Hansen
-Deleted Scenes and Outtakes
-Blooper Reel
-"The Shocking Truth" Outtakes
-Still Gallery

Releases Sep 26th, 2006

Hell..............f*cking.............YES!!!!!!

I'll be buying this the second it hits the shelves.

Wolfie
I heard about this a while ago. Wasn't there another thread on it?

Whatever. I might get it. I'm undecided.

Impediment
I searched for an already existing thread, but it didn't yield any results. If there is one, I apologize.

WrathfulDwarf
Neat! I'm getting a copy. big grin

BackFire
Yep, can't wait. About damn time this movie gets the great DVD it deserves.

Wolfie
Originally posted by Impediment
I searched for an already existing thread, but it didn't yield any results. If there is one, I apologize.
No biggie. I know you're not a noob. stick out tongue

I actually did find one at the bottom of the page. He he, I made it.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f45/t408277.html

Impediment
Originally posted by Wolfie
No biggie. I know you're not a noob. stick out tongue

I actually did find one at the bottom of the page. He he, I made it.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f45/t408277.html

I seriously despise this new Search engine. I want the old one back again.

MildPossession
I think I will just stick to my Special Edition DVD with collector's booklett and so on that I got a few years ago.

Wolfie
Originally posted by Impediment
I seriously despise this new Search engine. I want the old one back again.
Totally. What I do now is just use the "Ctrl + F" function on the first couple pages to see if there is a recent thread.

Dusty
It's funny because BF said the same thing in both threads. laughing out loud I'll merge.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.