Pokemon Battle Revolution for the Wii

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

InnerRise
I'm real excited about this game. I just saw a Video Trailer of it online and it's a improved updated version of the the Pokemon Stadium and Colliseum games.

The graphics look very slick and shiny and when the pokemon attack you actually see them make contact with the opponent pokemon.

No more telling your pokemon to head butt and then see it head butt air and then see the opponent pokemon responding unrealistically as if it got head butted.

The Pokemon actually make contact so that's a new improvment. There are also 2 on 2 battles. I can't remember if Colliseum had that or not.

And when the pokemon are hit they really act like it and you see them struggling to maintain their balance and move according to how their shaped and made.

I can't wait for it. It's coming out this winter in Japan which means it may be a launch title.

Other Pokemon games for the DS are coming out (Pearl,etc.) so they say you'll be able to link up to the Nitendo Wii and do stuff. Maybe put Pokemon from the DS into the Wii and stuff like that.

They also haven't said whether we'll be able to battle against other players online with the Wii and if we'll be able to trade pokemon and the such.

Is It Comprehensible.....

Draco69
Goddammit! Why won't they get it into their thick skulls. We don't WANT another Pokemon Stadium!

We want an authentic, free-roaming, RPG Pokemon like the ones on the Gameboys! erm

MadMel
i concur with draco69...we need the old rpg poke'mon..

Lana
I'll be honest and say I loved the Pokemon games for Gameboy and agree and say it'd be great if they did one of those....

General Kaliero
Yeah, as much as I try to preserve my bad-boy image (yeah, right stick out tongue ) I won't deny that I played the heck out of Pokemon Red, Blue, and even Yellow.

Then when they made a new land in Gold and Silver and the Pokemon thing wasn't so isolated, my interest stared to lag. Flat-out gone when Stadium appeared; they took out the parts I liked most.

If they managed a successful transition of the Red/Blue formula on the Wii, that might be worth buying.

Lana
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Yeah, as much as I try to preserve my bad-boy image (yeah, right stick out tongue ) I won't deny that I played the heck out of Pokemon Red, Blue, and even Yellow.

Then when they made a new land in Gold and Silver and the Pokemon thing wasn't so isolated, my interest stared to lag. Flat-out gone when Stadium appeared; they took out the parts I liked most.

If they managed a successful transition of the Red/Blue formula on the Wii, that might be worth buying.

Yeah, the newer versions I don't care for, but Red/Blue/Yellow I've all played through about a billion times.

MadMel
silver was the best in my opinion...had more things.. but then my interest dropped..

El_NINO
I have to agree with all of you that, back in the day I played the heck out of all the RPG Pokemon games. They have one like it on the Gamecube but I havent played that, can anyone who has it post about it?

A.J
i am poke god ive completed everyone muhahahah embarrasment

General Kaliero
Originally posted by El_NINO
I have to agree with all of you that, back in the day I played the heck out of all the RPG Pokemon games. They have one like it on the Gamecube but I havent played that, can anyone who has it post about it?

That XD game? My bros played it. It's like a combination of Coliseum and the old RPG Pokemon, but it's not RPG enough to fix the problems of the console titles. Unless you're a poke-freak, you're probably better off saving the money.

El_NINO
Originally posted by General Kaliero
That XD game? My bros played it. It's like a combination of Coliseum and the old RPG Pokemon, but it's not RPG enough to fix the problems of the console titles. Unless you're a poke-freak, you're probably better off saving the money.

Thanks, I always thought that game looked weak. They really need a RPG pokemon to bring the series back to life.

forumcrew
Originally posted by Draco69
Goddammit! Why won't they get it into their thick skulls. We don't WANT another Pokemon Stadium!

We want an authentic, free-roaming, RPG Pokemon like the ones on the Gameboys! erm

i played red on gameboy and ive always wished for a real rpg version on pc or at least a top console. could a pokemon mmo work?

El_NINO
Originally posted by forumcrew
i played red on gameboy and ive always wished for a real rpg version on pc or at least a top console. could a pokemon mmo work?

Now theres an idea however Pokemon is meant for little kids so I doubt parents would want their children playing online with potential child abusers

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Lana
I'll be honest and say I loved the Pokemon games for Gameboy and agree and say it'd be great if they did one of those....

thumb up

InnerRise
Yeah. I've been anxiously awaiting the day when they'd translate the Game Boy Pokemon RPG games to the Consoles.

But I also liked Pokemon Stadium, so I'll take what I can get.

And yes, the Gamecube Pokemon game sucked.

is it comprehensible.....

Barker
Originally posted by forumcrew
could a pokemon mmo work?
.. That's actually an Awesome Idea. shock

MadMel
not a bad idea there.....a big (wii only) MMO for poke'mon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.