Can the cold weather get you sick?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JustOwnin
I herd it was a myth or something on 20/20.

debbiejo
From what I've read, no. Actually it's easier to catch a sickness in warmer and damp weather. Cold weather helpskeeps germs at bay....

It's an old wives tale.

BackFire
Wives tale. Virus' and bacteria get you sick, not some ****ing ice.

Eternalist 04
Originally posted by debbiejo
From what I've read, no. Actually it's easier to catch a sickness in warmer and damp weather. Cold weather helpskeeps germs at bay....

It's an old wives tale.

yea maybe... but dont u think the ice may help confront to the sickness?

PVS
the cold does not make you sick. however your immune system can be weakened by it...along with any drastic climate situation/change.

debbiejo
The change from cold to warm weather wakes up dormant germs.

Eternalist 04
lets just come to a conclusion and say .... Germs Suck.... well not all of them

Shakyamunison
Changes in temperature can lower your immune system, but if you are healthy it will not be significant.

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by JustOwnin
I herd it was a myth or something on 20/20.
The cold itself does not make you sick; it's what's IN the coldness.

NineCoronas
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
The cold itself does not make you sick; it's what's IN the coldness. ...in the coldness?

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by NineCoronas
...in the coldness?
The bacteria circulating in the air, most likely. Now, when a person goes outside in cold weather with a wet head...that's a different story, I suppose. That's risking pneumonia.

Mindship
Cold doesn't make you sick...but if the cold is intense enough, it can make you brittle and your limbs will snap off.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
Cold doesn't make you sick...but if the cold is intense enough, it can make you brittle and your limbs will snap off.

I hate that, when that happens. mad laughing

debbiejo
Originally posted by Mindship
Cold doesn't make you sick...but if the cold is intense enough, it can make you brittle and your limbs will snap off. makes your eyes water too, almost blinding........... sad

How can a person walk around like this?????

botankus
Could a mod please move this thread to The Weather Channel.com message board? Maybe the broadcasters could bring up this discussion when they review the Pain Index forecast.

debbiejo
They be things in that cold..........

shugie99
Bundle Up for goodness sake. as mom says, "keep your chestmints warm"

what's a chestmint?

bogen
who cares i never get sick anyway

Vinny Valentine
Yes It Does.

In cold weather, it weakens your systems making it easier for germs to get past your bodies defences.

autumn dreams
Yes and no. As 'Vinny Valentine' says, going out in the cold for a long period of time weakens your immune system, making you more suceptable to virus.

Most people would find they get ill from sitting an air conditioned room, where the air is recyled, meaning you breathe in recycled air. You are at risk of illness here, especially if someone in the room with you is suffering from a cold, or flu.

The best treatment for a cold is to get on top of it the moment it comes. Strepsils, which you can get at your supermarket, cough mixture, Vicks Vaparub on your chest, and it's always good to invest in a Vapouriser.
These little machines are brilliant-fill them with water, put a special inhalant mixture in the lid, and switch on. The steam that is released helps to clear your airways, so you can breathe easier.

If that is too much infomation, I am sorry! wink

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by BackFire
Wives tale. Virus' and bacteria get you sick, not some ****ing ice.

Various diseases are associated with cold weather such as pneumonia.

autumn dreams
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Various diseases are associated with cold weather such as pneumonia.

Hypothermia is another.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.