Bullying?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Paradise
I'm doing a project for school about bullying, where we have to look up what people in other middle school/high schools think about bullying, what problems with bullying you have in your schools, and most importantly what you're doing about the bullying problems in your schools. I've never used the OTF for school before, but I figured it would be a great place to get testimonials from other schools.

The Pict
stand up to bullies. when they know you'll sock them back if they touch you, they are gonna leave you alone.

A.J
Not always true, I was bullied when i was younger and I used to stand up to him but he carried on, there is no way to really stop a bully theyre all different, some people you just gotta avoid some people you gotta tell somone about, and some you smack in the jaw.

Lord Paradise
Thanks. The more info/advice I can get the better.

A.J
Just improved my imformation easier to understand boo ya lol

The Pict
OK i suppose the most sensible thing someone who is being bullied to do is tell a parent. your parents are not gonna send you to a school to keep getting bullied so they will make sure it stops.

and AJ its cool you stood up to who ever was getting at you. at my high school i couldn't believe that some guys never stood up for themselves. ever.

GCG
Originally posted by The Pict
stand up to bullies. when they know you'll sock them back if they touch you, they are gonna leave you alone.

They might, but the teachers and prefects will come telling you that you have done wrong.

The Pict
Originally posted by GCG
They might, but the teachers and prefects will come telling you that you have done wrong.

worth it to stop someone bullying you though, right?

A.J
OK i suppose the most sensible thing someone who is being bullied to do is tell a parent. your parents are not gonna send you to a school to keep getting bullied so they will make sure it stops.

and AJ its cool you stood up to who ever was getting at you. at my high school i couldn't believe that some guys never stood up for themselves. ever. Thanks, i have no problems now adventually they might get tired aswell.

Storm
The worst thing anyone can do is ignore it. While a child does need to develop his social skills by doing things independently, being victimized by a bully is not a social skill one needs to learn. Bullying is not just a normal, if unpleasant, part of growing up.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

GCG
worth it to stop someone bullying you though, right?

Yeah but there are ways ; The right way is to report it, yet i prefered socking big grin

But i got stick for that sad

The Pict
Originally posted by GCG
Yeah but there are ways ; The right way is to report it, yet i prefered socking big grin

But i got stick for that sad

laughing yeah it sucks getting in trouble for defending yourself. i suppose the most sensible thing to do would be to report a bully to a teacher.

Council#13
Different ways to stop a bully:

1. Stand up against him/her
2. Tell an authority (e.g. principal or something)
3. Tell parents (second worst case scenario)
4. Pay him/her (worst case scenario)

The Pict
Originally posted by Council#13

why is telling your parents so bad, surely they would make sure the bullying was stopped as soon as possible.

Council#13
Say you're in college. Or in a work enviornment. Tell your parents. no expression

The Pict
the project was about bullying in schools.

WrathfulDwarf
A bully is just an insecure individual. He/She feels the need to pick on others to make themselves feel better. Getting physical is the wrong way to deal with it. Of course if you have defend yourself or protect someone else then there is no alternative. Always report such cases. These people might not be normal mental individuals and can be dangerous.

A.J
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
A bully is just an insecure individual. He/She feels the need to pick on others to make themselves feel better. Getting physical is the wrong way to deal with it. Of course if you have defend yourself or protect someone else then there is no alternative. Always report such cases. These people might not be normal mental individuals and can be dangerous. Not always, could just be doing it because you bug them.

Eternalist 04
...lol if only you were at my school....

no teachers would ask you for a school report... they'd actually make you experience it...

if you know what i mean... Teachers will let you fight for a minute or 2 then theyd say break it up

eggmayo
Every bully in my school is just a pussy wannabe gangsta.

They prey on nerds, and stay miles away from me.

Pink Maynard
In my personal expierence, i've never been bullied. I always made friends with everyone, and for those who didn't like me, i would make them take a long walk off a short dock, if you know what i mean. No, but seriously, If i were bullied, i would stick up for myself with words, and not fists. I've only been in one fight in my entire lifetime, and that fight consisted me getting punched in the face by an angry krumper, in which i messed up his krumping, and he punched me in the face. I guess i could've fought back, but that is not my way. But i digress. I've never been "bullied", only because i have mob connections.

Storm
Originally posted by Council#13

When you feel scared, threatened or so annoyed, how is telling this to someone you trust the second worst scenario?

Don' t give in to a bully. Giving up possessions or giving into a bully in anyway encourages the bully to continue.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Eternalist 04
Originally posted by eggmayo
Every bully in my school is just a pussy wannabe gangsta.

They prey on nerds, and stay miles away from me.

i couldnt have said it better myself.... except from staying miles away from you

Pink Maynard
Originally posted by Storm
When you feel scared, threatened or so annoyed, how is telling this to someone you trust the second worst scenario?

Don' t give in to a bully. Giving up possessions or giving into a bully in anyway encourages the bully to continue.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam. yeah. What she said yes

Pandemoniac
The main problem with bully's is that they often have a gang of followers. Especially in high-school, kids are insecure about how to act, how to fit in and how to gain respect. Those suffering these fears can generally be placed in to two categories; bully-posse and bully-victims.
Some choose to suck up to the 'alpha's' and some try to hide.
Having a crew confirms a bully's believe of supremacy, only encouraging his behaviour.
It is very hard for a insecure individual to avoid or counter such a treat.

Eternalist 04
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
The main problem with bully's is that they often have a gang of followers. Especially in high-school, kids are insecure about how to act, how to fit in and how to gain respect. Those suffering these fears can generally be placed in to two categories; bully-posse and bully-victims.
Some choose to suck up to the 'alpha's' and some try to hide.
Having a crew confirms a bully's believe of supremacy, only encouraging his behaviour.
It is very hard for a insecure individual to avoid or counter such a treat.

wow that has got to be the most intelligent post ever

PVS
3 seperate bullies ranging from like 5th to 8th grade.
fought them all, kicked the ass of one, kind of a draw with another,
and got owned by the third. difference between the outcome of all three?
might surprise you.

dont believe that shit about standing up to the bully because then they'll respect you. thats utter horseshit. in fact i had far less problems after getting my ass kicked then when i was the ass kicker. as many have pointed out, people like
this are not right in the head, have self esteem issues, are probably abused and neglected...and kicking their ass is just throwing fuel on the fire and making you their primary focus.

best thing to do is report them to an authority.

Eternalist 04
Originally posted by PVS
might surprise you.

dont believe that shit about standing up to the bully because then they'll respect you. thats utter horseshit. in fact i had far less problems after getting my ass kicked then when i was the ass kicker. as many have pointed out, people like
this are not right in the head, have self esteem issues, are probably abused and neglected...and kicking their ass is just throwing fuel on the fire and making you their primary focus.

its a tie between the smartests posts cool

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by PVS
might surprise you.

Yes and no. The only chances you have when reporting them is that they will be corrected by their parents (little chance, as they probably rebel against them as well) or be corrected by the school's supervisors. And yes, the latter might work on the schoolyard. But what about the road home? They will have a clue on who ratted them and will retaliate outside of the sight of the 'law'.
The real solution is to gain respect among the neutrals (or even the baddies), so you have people speaking up for you and dis-encouraging the bully to see you as a target. This can be done by being just friendly, humorous ans assistant to the right kind of people. Cause remember, the strongest in class are among those that do not participate in bullying.

FunkMaster Flex
I was bullied up until the last day of 6th grade, when one of the biggest bullies to me, decided to physically harm me, by means of punching me in the face. I, fed up with all of the bullying flat out decked him straight in the nose. I broke his nose, and he told his parents that this was all a hate crime due to him being Jewish. He moved to another school, and I haven't been bullied from then on. And a few of the other bullies either feared me, or respected me.

One of the best ways to combat it (without getting an adult involved) is to put them down by using humor to make them feel stupid, or show them that what they are doing doesn't bother you.

Bloigen
Just make sure you know big people.

Then you're sorted. cool

FunkMaster Flex
I ****in hate bullies!

K.Diddy

Only if there pussy's big grin

Captain REX
From personal experience, some bullies will run at the first sign of you being able to kick THEIR ass (verbally or physically), and some bullies will just beat your ass harder if you piss them off.

In either case, don't take the risk. Tell a teacher.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Captain REX

In either case, don't take the risk. Tell a teacher.

laughing laughing laughing

Pussy no expression

Captain REX
That's why I scared the only bully I ever had shitless, right? He took off screaming when I came at him on a shoddy BMX bike, then tried to be my friend the next day. laughing out loud

Meanwhile, not all kids are big and intimidating. Go see 'The Power of One' and tell that kid that he's pussy.

-Tired Hiker-
Okay, I'm in one of those moods where I will post something without reading the first post in this thread.

F*ck bullies! If a guy at school is bullying you around, you should show up the next day and chase his ass around campus with a base ball bat. All I know, if I ever have kids and they get bullied, I'll personally show up to their school and kick some ass myself, right in front of the teachers and everything, that will show them. I think more adults should beat up children for bullying their kids!!!

-Tired Hiker-
Originally posted by Lord Paradise
I'm doing a project for school about bullying, where we have to look up what people in other middle school/high schools think about bullying, what problems with bullying you have in your schools, and most importantly what you're doing about the bullying problems in your schools. I've never used the OTF for school before, but I figured it would be a great place to get testimonials from other schools. blink

Captain REX
I am Captain REX, and I support this message. w00t

K.Diddy
Theres nothing like beating up someone weaker than you,to impress your matesjester

Captain REX
That's actually quite dick, unless they're asking for it. Then it's fine. happy

Leo.M
Originally posted by -Tired Hiker-
I think more adults should beat up children for bullying their kids!!!

w00t

-Tired Hiker-
Did you ever see Bad Santa, where Billy Bob Thorton beats the shit out of those little kids?? Priceless!!!

Leo.M
Originally posted by -Tired Hiker-
Did you ever see Bad Santa, where Billy Bob Thorton beats the shit out of those little kids?? Priceless!!!

I saw it, it was funny as hell laughing

-Tired Hiker-
One time my next door neighbor Eric was like seven years old, and this kid across the street, Danny, who was about twelve, was picking on him. So, Eric ran home crying and told his dad. Well, his dad opened the garage and Eric came running out with a woofle ball bat and chased Danny up and down the street. Danny was screaming like a little girl. Then, Danny's parents got all mad at Eric's dad, but Eric's dad was like, "Hey, he shouldn't pick on smaller kids." It was classic!

-Tired Hiker-
Here's another story: My cousin's kid was like six years old, I think he's seven now, and knows Karate. So, when he was in First Grade, these three Fifth Graders were pushing him around and he totally punched one of them in the face and kicked him in the head. The other Fifth Graders got scared and told the Principal. They had a parents meeting, and my cousin was like, "Hey, they shouldn't pick on kids that are smaller than them." It was classic as well.

Philip_ll
All it takes is a kid with enough courage to finally stand up against the bully. Most bullies cant really fight anyway, so once you kick there asses its all over.

SpadeKing
I think bullying is acceptable cause it causes more school fights and most of the time the bully doesn't know the school nerd is actuall a black belt in 6 different karate styles

FunkMaster Flex
Yeah, that's always funny.

Pandemoniac
Unlikely. Most real bully's do have an physical edge over their victims, not to mention their gang backing them up. Such unequal conflicts are unfair and are cheered on by those that try to avoid being a target themselves over the pain of another person.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by SpadeKing
I think bullying is acceptable cause it causes more school fights and most of the time the bully doesn't know the school nerd is actuall a black belt in 6 different karate styles

What school do you attend? Cliche High? Movie Comprehensive?

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.