Ankakin i have the high ground

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Vundi
what up with this, in the battle of heros scene obi-wown is like ankakin its over i have the high ground. whats up with that cant jedi fly

PVS
Originally posted by Darth Vundi
what up with this, in the battle of heros scene obi-wown is like ankakin its over i have the high ground. whats up with that cant jedi fly

not that im an expert on dueling with swords, but when you have the high ground you have the advantage, probably because you are elevated and can advance more effectively thanks to gravity.

Mindship
Actually it is a bit of a strange deal.

See, with projectiles, the high ground is an advantage because gravity Is your friend. But with swords?

In unarmed combat, being on the ground (while your opponent is standing) offers definite advantages: your vital organs are harder to reach, plus you have better use of your (longer, stronger) legs.

My guess is, it was time to move on, so Lucas needed some way to wrap up the battle.

overlord
Oh, in my SW games I always have the advantage if I have the low ground. I can hack and slash into people their legs and they have trouble defending.
Pretty cool huh?

PVS
oh and before i forget to ask...who the hell is ankakin...wasnt he a pharaoh?

Sin Harvest

Military tactics. You always want the high ground.

overlord
Originally posted by PVS
oh and before i forget to ask...who the hell is ankakin...wasnt he a pharaoh? It doesn't matter, Vundi turned out to be a retard anyway.. He just made a new thread about "TEH STARWARBS NERDS!!" with great capslock messages and references to SW fans never going to get girlfriends. Very stereotypical attention whore behavior but he proves my suspicions of people who get bullied in real life just using the internet to accuse others of their own problems.

They could probably be considered a whole sub culture who are spread out over the whole world... They always have the same lines!!!
eek

Just a shame that there aren't women in those catagories.

PVS
Originally posted by overlord
Just a shame that there aren't women in those catagories.

why? im comfortable knowing they wont breed

overlord
yeah, I feel empathy for even the lowest of scum.
I'm so interested in cultures and such, I always cry when one is on the verge of dying out. I wonder what will happen to the cool new emo culture? It has already spread a little to Holland, it's so cute.

Alliance
I feel that quote was also a reference to Kenobi saing he has a moral "high ground"

PVS
and also that GL originally planned on having anakin and obiwan break
out into a duet, singing "ill take the high road and you take the low road"

roll eyes (sarcastic)

LanceWindu
quickquote=6693762](auto quote)

Wow, that's a video game, which has shitty AI, go figure. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Captain REX
I think the whole 'I have the high ground!' bit was because Obi-Wan could see that Anakin would jump over him; maybe there just wasn't enough clearance between Kenobi and lava that Anakin could jump to? I mean, he did slip and slide a lot when he landed and hit that black sand. Perhaps below Kenobi, it was too difficult to stand, and so Anakin would have to go OVER him...which ended badly.

maddani
nick g said that ani was weak on a slope and obi knew this i think it was in a web doc !

.:Space Opera:.
"I'm so interested in cultures and such, I always cry when one is on the verge of dying out. I wonder what will happen to the cool new emo culture?"

they will all die form severe brain damage from spending many hours on myspace.

spencerspider
Anakin shoulda just hopped on the hill and walked up and killed that damn Obi-Wan

PVS
Originally posted by maddani
nick g said that ani was weak on a slope and obi knew this i think it was in a web doc !

*ding ding ding*

we have a winner. you are correct.

superbatman86
In a sword fight high grounds normally don't have much better position than low ground but since Ani had a 20 or 30 foot jump and couldn't control where or when he lands Obi has a decided advantage.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by spencerspider
Anakin shoulda just hopped on the hill and walked up and killed that damn Obi-Wan

Tried that and lost both his legs and his other arm now didnt he. stick out tongue

((The_Anomaly))
Yea, I really think they should have ended the fight better, of everything in ROTS this was my largest disappointment. I really think Anakin should have had Obi-Wan beat. Maybe even like Vader had luke in ESB when he says "Your beaten!.." Then Obi-Wan does something as Anakin is being all arrogant and toying with Kenobi, rather then just straight up killing him right away, then somehow Obi-Wan uses Anakins arrogance to his advantage (like he did with Maul) and then in a lucky shot he beats Anakin. The "high ground" thing was really a stupid plot blunder to just end the duel faster. When I saw it for the first time I was like...."huh, well that was pretty anticlimactic and lame"...

Meh whats done is done I suppose... sad

PVS
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Yea, I really think they should have ended the fight better, of everything in ROTS this was my largest disappointment. I really think Anakin should have had Obi-Wan beat. Maybe even like Vader had luke in ESB when he says "Your beaten!.." Then Obi-Wan does something as Anakin is being all arrogant and toying with Kenobi, rather then just straight up killing him right away, then somehow Obi-Wan uses Anakins arrogance to his advantage (like he did with Maul) and then in a lucky shot he beats Anakin. The "high ground" thing was really a stupid plot blunder to just end the duel faster. When I saw it for the first time I was like...."huh, well that was pretty anticlimactic and lame"...

Meh whats done is done I suppose... sad

but vader doesnt toy. he'll play mindgames, and try to psyche out his opponent "your powers are weak old man", but never once has vader wasted time in killing his enemy. the only one he toyed with was luke, but that doesnt count since vader had no intention at all of killing him. ask the trade federation if they felt like they were being toyed with on mustafar...or better yet, ask the younglings stick out tongue

Council#13

No offense, but if you're not going to use capital letters, can you please use puncuation marks where and when nessecary, such as a comma.

PVS
Originally posted by Council#13
No offense, but if you're not going to use capital letters, can you please use puncuation marks where and when nessecary, such as a comma.

...and if your going to preach about proper grammar, can you at least use spell check? eek!

Council#13
Damn it, I always forget! embarrasment

PVS
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.