Random IP taking over!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bloigen
Whenever I open up Firefox, it loads 211.112.180.120 as a proxy server through which I need to connect to the internet.

But I don't want this proxy so I click on Options>General>Connection Settings> then check the "Direct Connection to the Internet".

But when I close Firefox, and load it back up, it keeps using 211.112.180.120 and switches back to using it.

And 211.112.180.120 does not work! AHHHH!

Please help. weep

Bloigen
weep

Captain REX
Nobody loves you. happy

Bloigen
weep

Bloigen
weep

Bloigen
no expression

Captain REX
No, really, nobody loves you. shock

eggmayo
Can't you just reinstall it? erm

El_NINO
Originally posted by Bloigen
Whenever I open up Firefox, it loads 211.112.180.120 as a proxy server through which I need to connect to the internet.

But I don't want this proxy so I click on Options>General>Connection Settings> then check the "Direct Connection to the Internet".

But when I close Firefox, and load it back up, it keeps using 211.112.180.120 and switches back to using it.

And 211.112.180.120 does not work! AHHHH!

Please help. weep

When you select that and clicked ok for the connection box... did you click ok to close the options box or did you just click cancel or the ?

Bloigen
Originally posted by El_NINO
When you select that and clicked ok for the connection box... did you click ok to close the options box or did you just click cancel or the ?

I know to click ok.

Originally posted by eggmayo
Can't you just reinstall it? erm

But then I have to download all the addons, fix my bookmarks and everything.

El_NINO
Did you manually enter the Proxy IP? if you did that might be the cause, just click the manual entry and remove anything in the boxes and click on direct connection then click on ok.

Bloigen
Did you manually enter the Proxy IP? if you did that might be the cause, just click the manual entry and remove anything in the boxes and click on direct connection then click on ok.

That's what I'm doing.

It comes back anyway though.

eggmayo
I know to click ok.

But then I have to download all the addons, fix my bookmarks and everything.
Your bookmarks can be saved to a file, I know that, there's probbaly a way to do it with your addons, too. Besides, it surely beats FF not working at all.

Bloigen
Your bookmarks can be saved to a file, I know that, there's probbaly a way to do it with your addons, too. Besides, it surely beats FF not working at all.

I suppose.

I'll go copy the folders and re-install then.

Bloigen
Re-Installed it.

Still same problem. erm

El_NINO
Re-Installed it.

Still same problem. erm

What Internet connection do you have? and do you have a router connected to your PC?

Im thinking your ISP must have Proxy enabled but thats like a longshot because hardly anyone uses that anymore unless they want to restrict what sites you can go to.

Try this then, go into you command prompt and type "ipconfig /all" and press enter, now check to see if it says "yes" for WINS PROXY ENABLED. If it is enabled and you dont have a router then your ISP uses proxy in which case you cant do anything.

Bloigen
What Internet connection do you have? and do you have a router connected to your PC?

Im thinking your ISP must have Proxy enabled but thats like a longshot because hardly anyone uses that anymore unless they want to restrict what sites you can go to.

Try this then, go into you command prompt and type "ipconfig /all" and press enter, now check to see if it says "yes" for WINS PROXY ENABLED. If it is enabled and you dont have a router then your ISP uses proxy in which case you cant do anything.

I don't have a router and it is not enabled.

El_NINO
Did you install an proxy extension?

From Mozilla help webpage ----v

proxyResolveFailure

The proxy server can't be found
Firefox is configured to use a proxy server, but that proxy server cannot be found.

* Check the proxy settings in "Preferences" to make sure they are correct.
* Check to make sure you computer has a working network connection.
* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Ok Bloigen, I found your answer

Read these 2 forum threads on the issue. The first thread has what you stated in your first post while the second thread is your answer thread, just follow the instructions on it.

Thread 1:
http://www.d-a-l.com/help/showthread.php?t=41989

Thread 2:
http://www.d-a-l.com/help/showthread.php?t=38903

Bloigen
Did you install an proxy extension?

From Mozilla help webpage ----v

proxyResolveFailure

The proxy server can't be found
Firefox is configured to use a proxy server, but that proxy server cannot be found.

* Check the proxy settings in "Preferences" to make sure they are correct.
* Check to make sure you computer has a working network connection.
* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Ok Bloigen, I found your answer

Read these 2 forum threads on the issue. The first thread has what you stated in your first post while the second thread is your answer thread, just follow the instructions on it.

Thread 1:
http://www.d-a-l.com/help/showthread.php?t=41989

Thread 2:
http://www.d-a-l.com/help/showthread.php?t=38903

Thanks man.

eggmayo
OrgName: Asia Pacific Network Information Centre
OrgID: APNIC
Address: PO Box 2131
City: Milton
StateProv: QLD
PostalCode: 4064

Apparently that IP is some weird Australian tourist center..

El_NINO
OrgName: Asia Pacific Network Information Centre
OrgID: APNIC
Address: PO Box 2131
City: Milton
StateProv: QLD
PostalCode: 4064

Apparently that IP is some weird Australian tourist center..

IP address: 211.112.180.120
Reverse DNS:
Reverse DNS authenticity:
ASN: 9316
ASN Name: DACOM-PUBNETPLUS-AS-KR (DACOM PUBNETPLUS)
IP range connectivity: 1
Registrar (per ASN): APNIC
Country (per IP registrar): KR
Country Currency: KRW
Country IP Range: 211.112.0.0 to 211.119.255.255
Country fraud profile: Normal
City (per outside source): Unknown
Private (internal) IP? No
IP address registrar: whois.apnic.net
Known Proxy? No
Link for WHOIS: 211.112.180.120

Bloigen
Weird.

Thorinn
Bloigen OWNS w00t

Bloigen
Originally posted by Thorinn
w00t

dancingman

TOH
Bloigen: save you bookmarks and extensions and reinstall Firefox. Maybe you have a buggy version or something.

Bloigen
My extensions are scattered around the place.

When I save the folder for them in the "Application Data" folder, the bug comes with.

eggmayo
It probably is one of your extensions doing it, then.

Bloigen
It probably is one of your extensions doing it, then.

But I haven't downloaded a new extension in ages. This has only just started.

El_NINO
I think its a virus and/or spyware but I could be wrong because if you downloaded a proxy extension then that also could be the problem.

eggmayo
Does IE work?

It would be incredibly unlikely to get a firefox 'virus' that merely proxied you..

eggmayo
And it seems that 211.112.180.120:80 is a working proxy..

Bloigen
IE works fine.

eggmayo
Have you tried removing all extensions from the folder, and seeing if it works?

Bloigen
Have you tried removing all extensions from the folder, and seeing if it works?

I am now.

Bloigen
Ok, I was getting used to clicking on Options and then don't use a proxy or whatever.

But now, everything is fine. no expression

It just healed itself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.