Which Actors seemed exactly like their comic counterparts.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sparkz
This is to do with appearance and character, who do you think seemed so freakishly like their comic book counterparts they probaly were, and while we are at it who do you think was the worst at portraying a comic character.

Best:

Patrick Stewart - Prof X, even before the films were even announced I always pictured him playing proffessor X

Beast - I don't know who the actor was but he was bloody awsome as beast.

JK Simmons - J. Jonah Jameson - Its like he was stolen from a comic I just can't describe it. I could honestly get confused between him and a comic picture.

Tobey Maguire - As a depressed Peter he was amazing...

William Dafoe - Green Goblin - Very good at playing a psychotic madman and his voice was just brilliant for the role.

Alfred something (lol) - Doc Ock - When he played the evil version he was just like doc ock but why was he also a good guy?? (to bad Raima got the character all wrong )

Wesly Snipes - Blade - Was just brilliant.

Worst:

Tobey Maguire - Spider-man - Just couldnt seem to make his voice stop being boring...couldnt pull off any oneliners he just couldnt do anything right as Spider-man.

Jackman - Wolverine - To tall...lol ok there was nothing wrong with him but I just had to say it.

Kirsten Dunst - Gwen Stacy, no wait... very irritating version of gwen stacy.

Arnold Schwartznega (Sp?) - Mr Freeze - just WTF?

thats all I can think of for now.

ScarletSpider
Jackman did a good Wolverine, the only thing is stature wise he is too tall, but they weren't going to find anyone at 5'3" who could play the role.

Sparkz
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Jackman did a good Wolverine, the only thing is stature wise he is too tall, but they weren't going to find anyone at 5'3" who could play the role.

Hey they found some1 small enough to play mini me lol

roughrider

They compensated by shooting him at angles that made his height at least the same as some others, and just below James Marsden who is actually about 4 inches shorter than Jackman.

The only short candidate for Wolverine was the musician Glenn Danzig - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Danzig
But hiring a guy with no acting experience could have backfired. I am a big Jackman fan.
And the guy who played Beast was Kelsey Grammer from Cheers and Frasier; yes, he was terrific.

Sparkz
Is it just me or was the way beast fought in X3 the same way Spider-man should fight in his films, with all the agility and fast paced fighting.

willRules
I thought Kelsey grammer was great as was Patrick Stewart......

ScarletSpider
Yeah, Beast during the fights used a lot of agility and skill it seemed, which is how Beast should fight, what with him being a master of agility.

redcaped
From X-Men 1 all look perfect. They're doing great.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Sparkz
This is to do with appearance and character, who do you think seemed so freakishly like their comic book counterparts they probaly were, and while we are at it who do you think was the worst at portraying a comic character.

Best:

Patrick Stewart - Prof X, even before the films were even announced I always pictured him playing proffessor X

Beast - I don't know who the actor was but he was bloody awsome as beast.

JK Simmons - J. Jonah Jameson - Its like he was stolen from a comic I just can't describe it. I could honestly get confused between him and a comic picture.

Tobey Maguire - As a depressed Peter he was amazing...

William Dafoe - Green Goblin - Very good at playing a psychotic madman and his voice was just brilliant for the role.

Alfred something (lol) - Doc Ock - When he played the evil version he was just like doc ock but why was he also a good guy?? (to bad Raima got the character all wrong )

Wesly Snipes - Blade - Was just brilliant.

Worst:

Tobey Maguire - Spider-man - Just couldnt seem to make his voice stop being boring...couldnt pull off any oneliners he just couldnt do anything right as Spider-man.

Jackman - Wolverine - To tall...lol ok there was nothing wrong with him but I just had to say it.

Kirsten Dunst - Gwen Stacy, no wait... very irritating version of gwen stacy.

Arnold Schwartznega (Sp?) - Mr Freeze - just WTF?

thats all I can think of for now. I know what you mean about Tobey having problems with nailing spiderman and his smart mouth.
I think Spiderman TAS did it best. I can still remember some of his one liners:

Kingpin : "ah spiderman I have been waiting for this for a long time"
Spider" what'd you have in mind, "A pie eating contest"

Tombstone "Come down here and fight me like a man"
Spiderman" I dont suppose I could convince you to come up here and fight like a spider".

Wolverine2006
Spider-man TAS?

carlitohamson
My Fav Comic To Movie Adap...

Daredevil- Even thought the critics bulled it i thought they done a really good job and ben afleck was the perfect choice...

Barman- Micheal Keaton Brilliant, Val Kilmer Cool, George Sucked, Christian Bale hit the nail on the Head...

X Men- Beast Kicked Ass, Juggernaut was mental, Wolverine He always Kicks Ass...

Flash Tv Series- Was f***ing Class when i was a kid , i dont know his name but the Actor was Perfect...

The Punisher- Again like Daredevil they made that film there own very good...

The Fantastic Four, Not to sure on the Things Suit, and the Actor who portrayed Dr Doom

Scoobless

He was good... but to go back to the point of this thread, he looks absolutley nothing like Wolverine does in the comics:

He's too tall
He's not hairy enough
He's not ugly enough
The hair is all wrong (though no-one IRL is going to have Wolverine's hairstyle)
.....He's Australian..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wolverine2006
Hugh Jackman did great as Wolverine, except for the whole not short thing. But I thought his hair looked the best in #1 especially at that cage fight match. It looked more like the comics.

Sparkz
Originally posted by Big Sexy
I know what you mean about Tobey having problems with nailing spiderman and his smart mouth.
I think Spiderman TAS did it best. I can still remember some of his one liners:

Kingpin : "ah spiderman I have been waiting for this for a long time"
Spider" what'd you have in mind, "A pie eating contest"

Tombstone "Come down here and fight me like a man"
Spiderman" I dont suppose I could convince you to come up here and fight like a spider".

Ah yes good old TAS 1 of my favourite lines is...

Spider-man "Hands up...all of them"

Jamesone "SPIDER-MAN what are you doing here?"

Doctor Octopus "Thats simple, you brought him here didn't you?"

Jameson "ME!? I'd never... You web headed foul up"

Spider-man "Hey, it's nice to see you to pickle puss"

Ah good times.

Oh and another...

"Doctor Octopus "How does it feel to know you could change things Spider-man but be helpless to do so?"

Spider-man "Not as bad as I'd feel if I had a name like Doc Ock"

And one more.

Spider-man "I hate to interupt a meglo maniac when he's on a role but here's web in your eye's"

colossus_2000
I thought Chris Evans was a great choice as Johnny Storm. He had the arrogance working in his favour... Pity about the director...

Doc Ock

Alfred something (lol) - Doc Ock - When he played the evil version he was just like doc ock

Alfred Molina wink

And yes, he was the perfect actor to play Doc Ock.

Silverstein
Originally posted by roughrider
They compensated by shooting him at angles that made his height at least the same as some others, and just below James Marsden who is actually about 4 inches shorter than Jackman.

The only short candidate for Wolverine was the musician Glenn Danzig - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Danzig
But hiring a guy with no acting experience could have backfired. I am a big Jackman fan.
And the guy who played Beast was Kelsey Grammer from Cheers and Frasier; yes, he was terrific.

actually i saw somewhere, i think on the special features of xmen or a tv special, that they were going to cast this other actor, i forget his name, but he broke his arm, so they had to go with Hugh Jackman.

i think that actors name had either, Jason, Douglas, or Scott in his name. i researched it a year ago.

docb77
Originally posted by Silverstein
actually i saw somewhere, i think on the special features of xmen or a tv special, that they were going to cast this other actor, i forget his name, but he broke his arm, so they had to go with Hugh Jackman.

i think that actors name had either, Jason, Douglas, or Scott in his name. i researched it a year ago.

I believe you mean Dougray Scott, from "Ever After" and "Mission Impossible 2"

I'm with you on Patrick Stewart playing Prof X. Exactly right, even better than the old cartoon.

I don't think anyone has nailed Superman, although Chris Reeve came close (his clark kent stunk though and Routh shared that blemish).

Beast was done right, but they really screwed up on Nightcrawler, I mean, come on, tattoos? He's supposed to be furry.

There are definitely some actors who nailed the character, but for looks, I think that prof X is the only real bulls-eye.

Silverstein
Originally posted by docb77
I believe you mean Dougray Scott, from "Ever After" and "Mission Impossible 2"

I'm with you on Patrick Stewart playing Prof X. Exactly right, even better than the old cartoon.

I don't think anyone has nailed Superman, although Chris Reeve came close (his clark kent stunk though and Routh shared that blemish).

Beast was done right, but they really screwed up on Nightcrawler, I
mean, come on, tattoos? He's supposed to be furry.

There are definitely some actors who nailed the character, but for looks, I think that prof X is the only real bulls-eye.

yeah!! i heard they were going to cast Dougray Scott but the broken arm thing. but he's also 6 feet tall... confused

-yep Xavier-Stewart was spot on.

-Beast was amazing, i found the voice to be a bit off at times, and nothing like K. Grammar's normal voice at all. and his normal voice reminds me of beast.

-the self inflicted scarred nightcrawler was weird, and his unnecessary love for storm was uncalled for.

-i think ult. Nick Fury resembles Samuel L Jackson. and from SHH, Jackson says he's interested in an ult nick fury film and since avi arad is his neighbour, etc.

docb77
Originally posted by Silverstein
yeah!! i heard they were going to cast Dougray Scott but the broken arm thing. but he's also 6 feet tall... confused

-yep Xavier-Stewart was spot on.

-Beast was amazing, i found the voice to be a bit off at times, and nothing like K. Grammar's normal voice at all. and his normal voice reminds me of beast.

-the self inflicted scarred nightcrawler was weird, and his unnecessary love for storm was uncalled for.

-i think ult. Nick Fury resembles Samuel L Jackson. and from SHH, Jackson says he's interested in an ult nick fury film and since avi arad is his neighbour, etc.

Ult. Fury was modeled after Samuel L. Jackson. That one isn't a coincidence. 'Course if someone made a comicbook char in my likeness, I'd want to play the role too.

Silverstein
Originally posted by docb77
Ult. Fury was modeled after Samuel L. Jackson. That one isn't a coincidence. 'Course if someone made a comicbook char in my likeness, I'd want to play the role too.

back on IGN, i read an interview and they were talking about an Ult. Nick Fury film. and someone from ign said, its pretty clear Ult. Nick Fury bears likeness to Samuel L Jackson, and the person from marvel said, they're not necessarily looking for jackson to play the role, but they threw some names out like Will Smith... confused

ankur29
jesica alba the best invisble woman

alba=HOT!!!!!!!!

ankur29
jackman was a great woverine but they shul of used more cgi to show his skills as he was too big to move , he could of been faster and a way better fighter that would make him less sloppy

GreatMuta
I think the actor who played Mr Fantastic did a good job of playing up the eccentric nature of Richards. He looked like the part as well with the grey hair and all!

MattDay
althoug the film sucked, the hulk looked spot on, very well done considering he was all CGI

docb77
Originally posted by MattDay
althoug the film sucked, the hulk looked spot on, very well done considering he was all CGI

Agreed, but Eric Bana wasn't how I'd envisioned Banner.

MattDay
fair enough but i thought he did alrite, he's a good actor who did want to continue the character, but with all the trouble with the sequel or restart, looks like he might get pushed out due to confliction... bummer, is one of the best actors to do a comic book movie

docb77
Originally posted by MattDay
fair enough but i thought he did alrite, he's a good actor who did want to continue the character, but with all the trouble with the sequel or restart, looks like he might get pushed out due to confliction... bummer, is one of the best actors to do a comic book movie

Oh, I wasn't saying that he didn't do a good job - he did. What I meant was that he wasn't scrawny enough. I also thought they needed to keep the gamma bomb origin for the hulk. Comic hulk is the personification of a massive explosion.

redcaped
Professionalism is the word for your doubts.

MattDay
who are u referring to? what bana or someone else?

roughrider
Originally posted by Scoobless
He was good... but to go back to the point of this thread, he looks absolutley nothing like Wolverine does in the comics:

He's too tall
He's not hairy enough
He's not ugly enough
The hair is all wrong (though no-one IRL is going to have Wolverine's hairstyle)
.....He's Australian..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

He was hairy enough for me.
And the hairstyle was very much like him; you can't push it so far it looks as cartoony as the comics. It has to look real.
And I don't care that Jackman is Australian - so long as the character was kept Canadian. Besides, I don't know any Canadian actors who would have fit the bill.canadian

redcaped
I hate to think wolverine is a dwarf...I like the actor for the character. Movies are doing better than comics after all. Let's wait for Thor...is got me a headache.

FOOM
The Commish (whatshisname) as Ben grimm was terrific
Michael Duncan Clark as Kingpin -Great

I agree with the comments : MaGuire as Peter good, as Spidey- not so good
And hey how 'bout that Dr. Conners.. that actor nailed it, didn't he?

Sabretooth
In no particular order, Here is who I think made the best comic to film translations:

Reeve/Superman

Bale/Batman

Jackman/Wolverine

Dafoe/Green Goblin

Every character in the Sin City movie

If I had to give the award to only one person, it would be Benicio Del Toro as Jackie Boy. Damn, he was spot-on.

docb77
Originally posted by Sabretooth
In no particular order, Here is who I think made the best comic to film translations:

Reeve/Superman

Bale/Batman

Jackman/Wolverine

Dafoe/Green Goblin

Every character in the Sin City movie

If I had to give the award to only one person, it would be Benicio Del Toro as Jackie Boy. Damn, he was spot-on.

I can see most of those, but not Jackman or Dafoe really. They both did a great job, but the portrayals were definitely NOT like the comics counterparts, especially visually.

I would say that Dafoe made a decent osbourne though, I suppose the green goblin fiasco was more the fault of director and the costume designer.

StarsNeverFall7
Honestly I think Bale has given the best comic character protrayel to date. Period, he was right on the money and even to the point of having the following film called the Dark Knight, the finally got batman on track.

Spider-Man, as much as his voice annoys the hell out of me, as far as an actor goes, he fit the bill almost perfectly. Exact build, had the personality down, all of it. Just was missing the cheesy one liners.

Sin City was just amazing. Enough said there.

Micheal Chikilis as Thing was dead on, as was Chris Evans for the human torch, and Mr. Fantastic. All three had the personality and look to exactly fit their roles. Got to give credit to Chikilis for playing the Thing, he voted personally to have the suit and not CGI, as being a thing fan he said the suit brought forth the emotion of not wanting to be what he was and it came out beautifully.

Dr. Doom despite the faults in the characters powers, was played excellent.

As much as I dislike Affleck, he did do well as Daredevil, and Duncan was head on as Kingpin, couldnt of gotten someone better.

Stewart for Prof. X, Perfect and nothing short of.

Jackman/Wolverine, sadly Jackman did decent. I didnt think he brought the ferocity of the character like he is in the comics, and there for sure wasnt enough of the word "bub".

Ryan Rynolds is said to be in talk for both a Namor movie and a Deadpool movie. If he can manage to read a bit and get DP's
Super ADD down, he will do decently in that role. Physically he is almost perfect I think for Namor but doesnt have the personality to pull off the role...

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by Doc Ock
Alfred Molina wink

And yes, he was the perfect actor to play Doc Ock.

He was good, but the way the wrote Ock wasn't.

I honestly think that Christian Bale and Tom Jane have done the best so far.

Sparkz
The one thing I didn't like about Bale was when he played Bruce Wayne as a eligable batular, it just seemed so forced to me, its supposed to be natural for Bruce Wayne but it just didnt seem it (but he was only like that for 5 mins in the movie anyway so it's not like it matterd but still) but everything eles he did was spot on

Mindship
I don't know how tall he is (he doesn't give a tall appearance), but I always thought Vin Diesel would've been a good Wolverine, even in yellow spandex.

MattDay
vin diesel is half cast, wolverine is pasty white, that wouldn't go down well

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Mindship
I don't know how tall he is (he doesn't give a tall appearance), but I always thought Vin Diesel would've been a good Wolverine, even in yellow spandex.

I actually see Diesel playing the absorbing man.

Let the talents fit the character! smile

Super Guy
The one thing I didn't like about Bale was when he played Bruce Wayne as a eligable batular, it just seemed so forced to me, its supposed to be natural for Bruce Wayne but it just didnt seem it (but he was only like that for 5 mins in the movie anyway so it's not like it matterd but still) but everything eles he did was spot on Classic Batman was always nice and smooth... since his days as Batdick, his Bruce Wayne's been kinda forced... or so it seems... and I thought bale was pretty good anyhow at both bats and wayne...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.