How Many People Here Have Seriously Contemplated Suicide?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonheartmm
its a serious question. how many people here have wanted, thought about or tried suicide? i have and thas whyi wanna know. the reasons and how if at all you got out of it.

jaden101
been there...done that...bought the t-shirt...almost succeded too

Lovely Murder
unfortunately yes.

Bardock42
Nope...I am too cool to kill myself...I can understand if you others, who happen to not be me, consider it though...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bardock42
Nope...I am too cool to kill myself...I can understand if you others, who happen to not be me, consider it though...

This seems like the wrong place for jokes.

PVS
a long time ago

in a gal---DAMNIT embarrasment sorry

Bardock42
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
This seems like the wrong place for jokes.

There is no wrong place for jokes...

T.M
Nope never.

leonheartmm

i did say it was a serious question u know.

Bardock42
Originally posted by leonheartmm
i did say it was a serious question u know.

And my answer was not serious...because?

Bardock42
Wait, wait, I want to do something I didn't do in a badass long time....BACKSEAT MODERATING:

Here is a link for focus adolescent services (USA) Click on the state you are in and there are many toll free hotline numbers to call for help for troubled teens.http://www.focusas.com/Directory.html

This site is also very helpful:
http://www.psycom.net/depression.central.suicide.html

These types of threads however are not allowed on KMC and as a rule have been closed.

Well, not yet.

Blue nocturne
A long time ago.

KharmaDog
I have lived through Cancer, a major car accident and was chased by a grizzly bear while I lived in the Northwest Territories.

Each of those experiences made me appreciate life even more, and hence I have never contemplated suicide.

Inspectah Deck
its a serious question. how many people here have wanted, thought about or tried suicide? i have and thas whyi wanna know. the reasons and how if at all you got out of it.

Nah.

amity75
Some people think "Oh nobody understands me and I hate myself and I'm gona kill myself like Kurt blah blah blah". Suicide is the most uncoolest thing you can do kids. Do you think you have problems? Put yourself on Omaha beach 62 years ago or put yourself in modern day Rwanda or Sierra Leonne. Suicide contemplaters = selfish turds.

Bardock42
Originally posted by amity75
Some people think "Oh nobody understands me and I hate myself and I'm gona kill myself like Kurt blah blah blah". Suicide is the most uncoolest thing you can do kids. Do you think you have problems? Put yourself on Omaha beach 62 years ago or put yourself in modern day Rwanda or Sierra Leonne. Suicide contemplaters = selfish turds.

Someone at Omaha Beach had good chances to die....that's what people that want to die want to do....die....I think they should love to be at Omaha Beach.

T.M

WOW.... take it that would be a no from you then..

amity75
Oh bollocks to people who want to kill themselves. If they want to do it then just go for it but please try not to leave a mess.

Leo.M
Once when I was 13... it was bad year for me. erm

ILoveMyDaniel
Oh god yes, and though I've never really attempted it, just thought of it, Lord knows if I would have attempted it would be better for myself if I had succeeded. roll eyes (sarcastic)

leonheartmm

incidently were YOU on omaha beach 62 years ago? how about rwanda or sierra leonne? ever even been there or lived there with the normal people{and not in embassies or reletively safe houses the residents can only dream about} i dont think u should use crap like that my friend. as a very wise comedian once said. "if youve had a great day{life} dont take it out on me{us}!"

{n btw everyone thinks of kurt as being just a psuedo depressed pretty boy. watever he MIGHT have been hes DEAD and from what i know he didnt do any1 any huge harm so please enough with the revolting jokes. the man is DEAD}

amity75
Someone at Omaha Beach had good chances to die....that's what people that want to die want to do....die....I think they should love to be at Omaha Beach. They wouldn't. They wouldn't want a slow death. They wouldn't want to have to lie for a long time with a leg blown off or their innards blown out. Suicides want to die as quickly and as painlessly as possible because they're cowards.

Bardock42
Did the Cobain thing hit a nerve with you?

LiL nAstY GirL
Once or twice...

Arachnoidfreak
Kurt didn't kill himself anyway.

And if you're going to try to kill yourself, do it with something that you know will work. Don't use 10X the normal amount of sleeping pills to OD just to vomit it back up. Grab a revolver or something.

You'd probably be doing the rest of the world a favor.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak

And if you're going to try to kill yourself, do it with something that you know will work. Don't use 10X the normal amount of sleeping pills to OD just to vomit it back up. Grab a revolver or something.

You don't certainly die with a revolver...nicotine is the best way, I heard

amity75
Did the Cobain thing hit a nerve with you? I certainly think that Kurts death provoked a rise in copycat suicides who wanted to die like their hero. I know loads of people addicted to heroin who lould love to have Kurts options/finances/lifestyle to get off smack but obviously they don't. Kurt Cobain was a *** and should have realised the consequences of his actions amongst his impressionable fans.

Arachnoidfreak
You don't certainly die with a revolver...nicotine is the best way, I heard

Doesn't that take too long? Ok, you got me with the revolver. How about a shotgun? 12 guage

Bardock42
I like his music.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=suicide
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=manly_suicide

This to links are a must for everyone who wants to kill themself or is not certain (if you are not certain it's better to be safe than sorry).

Impediment
I think everyone has, just a little bit. At least I admit it, though.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Impediment
I think everyone has, just a little bit. At least I admit it, though.

Thought about suicide? Yes. Seriously considered it? No.

Arachnoidfreak
Maddox is teh shit.

Bardock42
Maddox is teh shit.

Yeah, funny guy.

ILoveMyDaniel

You, too, believe that it wasn't Cobain that killed himself? God I thought I was the only one. I have my own theory though.

Bardock42
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
You, too, believe that it wasn't Cobain that killed himself? God I thought I was the only one. I have my own theory though.

Let me guess...Courtney Love? Wow, you made that up yourself? Never heard it before.

leonheartmm
They wouldn't. They wouldn't want a slow death. They wouldn't want to have to lie for a long time with a leg blown off or their innards blown out. Suicides want to die as quickly and as painlessly as possible because they're cowards.

your sorely mistaken.

btw what exactly are you doing here on this thread? feeding your ego by trying to prove to yourself that your better than all us COWARDS?

ILoveMyDaniel
Let me guess...Courtney Love? Wow, you made that up yourself? Never heard it before.
roll eyes (sarcastic) Yes, Courtney Love, for your information.

Bardock42
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
roll eyes (sarcastic) Yes, Courtney Love, for your information.

You are kidding, right? Please. Please?

Capt_Fantastic

Maybe not, but the important thing is that I'll never have to hear him whine into a microphone ever again.

No, I've never considered suicide.

Xavius
No, never considered Suicide. I appreciate life too much.

Templares
*raises hand*

BlackC@

Suicide is not chosen and it's not a persons fault. It happens when pain exceeds resources for coping with pain.
Suicide has nothing to do with comparing your problems to someone elses, you can't say "That's not enough to kill yourself over!" What is bearable to you may not be bearable to someone else, it's not the problem but how much the problem hurts someone.

Besides, arent these threads forbidden on KMC?

BlackC@
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Maybe not, but the important thing is that I'll never have to hear him whine into a microphone ever again.

jawdrop

If you don't like Nirvana, then you have the WORST taste in music.

You should be thrown out into the middle of the street and shot.

Bardock42
Originally posted by BlackC@
jawdrop

There are much, much, much better bands out there.

I like Nirvana, they are okay, but that statement is kind of silly.Originally posted by BlackC@
Suicide is not chosen and it's not a persons fault. It happens when pain exceeds resources for coping with pain.
Suicide has nothing to do with comparing your problems to someone elses, you can't say "That's not enough to kill yourself over!" What is bearable to you may not be bearable to someone else, it's not the problem but how much the problem hurts someone.

Besides, arent these threads forbidden on KMC? If you beleive that you don't believe in free will at all, right?

leonheartmm
^ actually that statement has been proven many times by researchers, tharapists and psychoanalysts. suicide is the products of pain exceeding ability to cope with pain. it has nothing to do with free will. man does not just sit in the control room of a machine called the human body and take decisions reguardless of the state of the body without feeling anything and at his/her leisure. the will is dependant on the body and in most cases moulded, curbed and manipulated by the body exactly BECAUSE you FEAL. if YOUR definition of free will was true than a man would probably be thinking about some interesting game show seconds before he was about to be hanged instead of the fear of death because he had FREE WILL which had freedom even OVER the condition of the body and fear was not desireable but interesting gameshows were.

you takes things WAYYYY TOO SIMPLISTICALLY bardock42, almost shows ignorance arrogance and vanity.

Bardock42
^ actually that statement has been proven many times by researchers, tharapists and psychoanalysts. suicide is the products of pain exceeding ability to cope with pain. it has nothing to do with free will. man does not just sit in the control room of a machine called the human body and take decisions reguardless of the state of the body without feeling anything and at his/her leisure. the will is dependant on the body and in most cases moulded, curbed and manipulated by the body exactly BECAUSE you FEAL. if YOUR definition of free will was true than a man would probably be thinking about some interesting game show seconds before he was about to be hanged instead of the fear of death because he had FREE WILL which had freedom even OVER the condition of the body and fear was not desireable but interesting gameshows were.

you takes things WAYYYY TOO SIMPLISTICALLY bardock42, almost shows ignorance arrogance and vanity.

I'm not denying it to be that way, I'm just saying if it is then there is no free will at all, m'kay? Get me? Not? Don't really care.

debbiejo
Yes I did at about the age of 16..........really considered driving my car off a bridge, though felt too bad that I would harm someone else in the process............glad I didn't though......having too much fun now, and I would of missed out!

Teen depression goes away no matter what you are going through...

leonheartmm
id have to disagree with it going away, it does most of the time but not always.

KharmaDog
Suicide is not chosen and it's not a persons fault.

In the case of those who are insane, I'd agree. Otherwise, I totally disagree and hate that no one is ever considered responsible for their actions anymore.

Back away from the computer, take a deep breath, get some perspective.

tegeen
killing oneself is a murder!! i dont get the point why some people end their lives for some problems they couldnt just handle. life is beautiful! life is the most precious gift God has given mankind!

Tangible God
When Sean Penn received the Best actor in 2003 at the Oscars, I searched for my revolver in vain.

Capt_Fantastic
jawdrop

Yeah, listening to a middle class, fairly attractive, well paid white boy sing about being too put upon to live in this world is bad taste in music. I stand by my point. If he was too sad to live, then good riddence.

And I think your point should be that if I don't like Nirvana, I haven't bought into the MTV idea of popular music. By all means, shoot me in the streets, but that perspective wouldn't exactly coincide with your beloved Kurt Cobains idea of the world, would it? Dumb-ass.

Wonderer
Originally posted by KharmaDog
In the case of those who are insane, I'd agree. Otherwise, I totally disagree and hate that no one is ever considered responsible for their actions anymore.
Back away from the computer, take a deep breath, get some perspective. I agree. But even insane people chose to be so, because such profound states of the human condition is the result of the choices, be they conscious or subconscious or unconscious that the soul makes in order to learn an complete the journey.

All physical and mental illness result from a person's own fault - we are all 100% responsible for our own conditions and situations. Once we realise this, we begin to realise our own power to change our destinies and to drive our own lives to harmony and peace.

We all choose our bodies, lives, children, parents, friends, foes, etc., etc. though not always being aware of this in the superficial level of everyday consciousness, but there is a dimension of consciousness and energy that runs much deeper than daily life. It is this 'hidden' dimension of energy that truly directs our lives over an infinite number of lifetimes.

Remember, you are the result of your own karma.
Peace
Yeah, listening to a middle class, fairly attractive, well paid white boy sing about being too put upon to live in this world is bad taste in music. I stand by my point. If he was too sad to live, then good riddence.And I think your point should be that if I don't like Nirvana, I haven't bought into the MTV idea of popular music. By all means, shoot me in the streets, but that perspective wouldn't exactly coincide with your beloved Kurt Cobains idea of the world, would it? Dumb-ass. Exactly. I also don't feel sorry for other people who feel sorry for themselves like rotten apples.

-Tired Hiker-
I often think how easy it would be to end my pain and just do myself in. I guess if I were to do it, I'd jump off something really high so I could feel like I'm flying, then I'd close my eyes before I'd splat on the ground. Or, drive a car off a jump just to give people a thrill of a visual. But, I don't want to break my mom's heart, so I won't commit suicide.

T.M
Originally posted by -Tired Hiker-
...I don't want to break my mom's heart, so I won't commit suicide.

aww thats sweet.. big grin

Eis

No, I've never considered suicide.
You'll never have to hear him whine into a microphone again? Were you ever at some point?

As for the topic, I've never seriously considered suicide.

botankus
jawdrop

This can't be a serious recommendation. BlackC@t is actually a decent user here at KMC. bag

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by Wonderer
I agree. But even insane people chose to be so, because such profound states of the human condition is the result of the choices, be they conscious or subconscious or unconscious that the soul makes in order to learn an complete the journey.

All physical and mental illness result from a person's own fault - we are all 100% responsible for our own conditions and situations. Once we realise this, we begin to realise our own power to change our destinies and to drive our own lives to harmony and peace.

We all choose our bodies, lives, children, parents, friends, foes, etc., etc. though not always being aware of this in the superficial level of everyday consciousness, but there is a dimension of consciousness and energy that runs much deeper than daily life. It is this 'hidden' dimension of energy that truly directs our lives over an infinite number of lifetimes.

Remember, you are the result of your own karma.
Peace

Don't inject your spiritual beliefs into the complex system of chemical reactions of the brain, please. You'll only confuse the naive people who want to know what's real.

I often think how easy it would be to end my pain and just do myself in. I guess if I were to do it, I'd jump off something really high so I could feel like I'm flying, then I'd close my eyes before I'd splat on the ground. Or, drive a car off a jump just to give people a thrill of a visual. But, I don't want to break my mom's heart, so I won't commit suicide.

You'd actually pass out and die of a heart attack before you hit the ground, so you don't have to worry about seeing yourself splatter. Im not telling you to do it, it's just a misconception that you are alive until you hit the ground.

Vinny Valentine

That was pretty slick Bardock.

Kudos.

Fire
you need a lot of balls to actually attempt to do it decent, or even better do it decent. Thought's crossed my mind in the past but only briefly.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
What's the point in killing yourself? Sure, you'd end up dead, but what's the point in that? I'd rather be bangin' biznitches, suckin-up sunsets, suppin' brews, dippin' in oceans and speakin' shit than that! Wouldn't you? What?

I challenge anyone who has successfully committed suicide to give me one good reason why it's worthwhile...Go on! One reason...I dare you. Ooooooooo...

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
What's the point in killing yourself? Sure, you'd end up dead, but what's the point in that? I'd rather be bangin' biznitches, suckin-up sunsets, suppin' brews, dippin' in oceans and speakin' shit than that! Wouldn't you? What?

I challenge anyone who has successfully committed suicide to give me one good reason why it's worthwhile...Go on! One reason...I dare you. Ooooooooo...

Some people have lives so horrible they don't enjoy it anymore. They can't take pleasure in it.

People who are going to comit suicide have problems figuring out whats right and wrong.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
This is a personal question but, have you successfully committed suicide before? If so, how many times and on what days?

Vinny Valentine
This is a personal question but, have you successfully committed suicide before? If so, how many times and on what days?

no expression ?

Are You trying to be funny?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I don't know about that 'trying' part, but otherwise...no?

I'm just interested in what people who have successfully committed suicide feel about their life choice. It seems to me that they might have something interesting to say on the matter...

Bardock42
I don't know about that 'trying' part, but otherwise...no?

I'm just interested in what people who have successfully committed suicide feel about their life choice. It seems to me that they might have something interesting to say on the matter...

I did, thrice actually. Boy that was fun.

As for Kurt Cobain...he still made decent music.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Boy who?

El_NINO
I did, thrice actually. Boy that was fun.

As for Kurt Cobain...he still made decent music.

Kurt Cobain was murdered.. he didnt commit suicide

Bardock42
Boy who?

George?

Originally posted by El_NINO

And you can prove that? No? well, then it appears to still be suicide.

botankus
Originally posted by El_NINO
I heard it was by Eddie Vedder and the rest of Temple of the Dog.

PVS
oh FFS cobain was NOT murdered messed

sure, his life, self esteem, and whatever shred of motivation he had
for waking up in the morning and looking in the mirror were systematically
devoured by his junkie *c-word* of a wife, but he made the decision to
perform felacio on a firearm. it was his choice and thus it was suicide.
get the **** over it. i liked his music too, but he was far overrated.
he just showed up at the right time, when everyone who was into hard rock
was sick to death of all the glam metal hair bands and sellout metal bands
like metallica. the only good thing about mainstream hardrock was guns n roses
and everyone else in the mainstream sucked ass. if they had come
out just 1 or 2 years after they did, they wouldnt amount to 1/10 as much.

recording industry producers were already scouting the seattle scene for
their next poster kids, and nirvana just happened to be among the most
popular. if it wasnt them it would have been someone else, and they would
have had the same success. thats right, your love for cobain was predetermined
by old men in suits, and could very well have been manipulated toward some
other artists. deal with it.

:edit: sorry for the off-topicness, but i am so sick of reading the constant
conspiracy theories and endless lamentation for 'saint cobain'.

Bardock42
Originally posted by botankus
I heard it was by Eddie Vedder and the rest of Temple of the Dog.

Oh, I don't see anything wrong with that then....

GCG

And you can prove that? No? well, then it appears to still be suicide.

What about Michael Hutchence ; was it suicide or autoerotic asphyxiation ?

PVS
Originally posted by GCG
What about Michael Hutchence ; was it suicide or autoerotic asphyxiation ?

maybe it was both...like...he wanted to go out with a bang

GCG
Yeah ; pity for him it was a bang against a door

Bun Bun

yes sadly.

Not any more and never agian big grin

leonheartmm
been hearin a lot of naive replies here. u know, many people who actually have attempted it used to think in similar ways but now would probably lunge at you with a knife if you say I TOLD U SO, its not funny to people who are actually in that position and the last thing they need is mindless idiots whove never really known misery {or cared enough for any one or anything other than themselves} and feal great putting other less fortunate people down. unfprtunately the only way u can understand is if you are in that place and if u rent, well its better to keep your mouth shut cause u dont know what your talkin about.

debbiejo
My cousin committed suicide when she was 15. I was 16 at the time, and if she only knew all she's missed out from, I'm sure she would of reconsidered.

Bardock42
been hearin a lot of naive replies here. u know, many people who actually have attempted it used to think in similar ways but now would probably lunge at you with a knife if you say I TOLD U SO, its not funny to people who are actually in that position and the last thing they need is mindless idiots whove never really known misery {or cared enough for any one or anything other than themselves} and feal great putting other less fortunate people down. unfprtunately the only way u can understand is if you are in that place and if u rent, well its better to keep your mouth shut cause u dont know what your talkin about.

That may be that we don't know "misery", but if you know it...and want to end your life...just do it...whining about it is what is pointless...Originally posted by debbiejo
My cousin committed suicide when she was 15. I was 16 at the time, and if she only knew all she's missed out from, I'm sure she would of reconsidered.

Good thing she doesn't know...

leonheartmm
"just do it...whining about it is what is pointless..."

this world would be better off without people like you in it. you know what, if you ever{considering you dont now} have a family of your own and your wife or daughter or even your mother feals so much emotional or physical pain that they wanna kill themselves THEN id like to see you go to them and tell them to stop whining and complaining and just fn kill themselves if they wanted to and leave you alone.

Bardock42
"just do it...whining about it is what is pointless..."

this world would be better off without people like you in it. you know what, if you ever{considering you dont now} have a family of your own and your wife or daughter or even your mother feals so much emotional or physical pain that they wanna kill themselves THEN id like to see you go to them and tell them to stop whining and complaining and just fn kill themselves if they wanted to and leave you alone.

How utterly selfish.

If they want to die they should do it. I would feel bad,l sure. But if they can't deal with it they should do it. No one should live if they don't want to. What other people think about it is basically not important, except that it is obviously something that people thinking about killing themselves consider. So, really what is stupid is to annoy all other people with your whining about the misery. Kill yourself or don't. If you are actually looking for help chances are you don't want to die anyways. Why the hell should you bother everyone else?

leonheartmm
only thing is there actually are people in this world who dont see people asking for help as BOTHRING them. you sound revolting.

PVS

suicide threads are forbidden as per forum policy.
so, if your circumstance is genuine, and this thread serves and
a suicide contemplation thread for attention whoring whiners, then
its validity is nonexistant.

Bardock42
only thing is there actually are people in this world who dont see people asking for help as BOTHRING them. you sound revolting.

Oh they can ask people for help, sure. But they shouldn't whine about how miserable their live is...especially not on an Internet Forum. You can try to be objective and tell people why you want to kill yourself. Crying about it doesn't help anybody.

PVS
Oh they can ask people for help, sure. But they shouldn't whine about how miserable their live is...especially not on an Internet Forum. You can try to be objective and tell people why you want to kill yourself. Crying about it doesn't help anybody.

indeed. maybe there is a forum out there for pretentious whiney attention whores to discuss their suicidal feelings, but this isnt it.

Shakyamunison

What if a person was in terrible pain, and in a situation that even you would sympathize with, would it be ok for them to whine on a forum? laughing

leonheartmm
u IDIOT, when have i ever WHINED?! i havent even discussed a single thing about MYSELF in this forum, all ive said is that i have conteplated it and would like to hear the views of OTHERS in similar situations on the subject. YOUR the one whining about everyone being to complaining as if they were hel bent on annoying YOU! hate to breal it to ya but your not that significant or important. quite the opposite.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
What if a person was in terrible pain, and in a situation that even you would sympathize with, would it be ok for them to whine on a forum? laughing

No, they should kill themselves though.

u IDIOT, when have i ever WHINED?! i havent even discussed a single thing about MYSELF in this forum, all ive said is that i have conteplated it and would like to hear the views of OTHERS in similar situations on the subject. YOUR the one whining about everyone being to complaining as if they were hel bent on annoying YOU! hate to breal it to ya but your not that significant or important. quite the opposite.

I didn't claim that, then you might be referring to PVS...who I think didn't claim that either.

And, just one thing. Could you stop with the random capitalizing of words? It is irritating.

PVS
its not funny to people who are actually in that position and the last thing they need is mindless idiots whove never really known misery {or cared enough for any one or anything other than themselves} and feal great putting other less fortunate people down.

here the premise of the thread changed, and you speak of people who contemplate suicide in the PRESENT, and also you arrogantly demand solemn reverence for them. well then that means this is to be an attention whore cry for help thread. so no, i will not repect it, i will not bow my head, i will not speak softly. i will chew it up, spit it out, set it ablaze and piss on the ashes.

leonheartmm
arrogantly demand solemn reverance? i think your getting a little carried away here, all i asked was reason{should any1 choose to give them} for how they got into a situation and maybe got out of it. its a far cry from ARROGANTLY DEMANDING SOLEMN REVERANCE as you put it, its any1's choice. this isnt an attention whore cry for help thing{although your way of presenting ideas in words IS quite NICE} you feal like you have something to prove here by calling any 1 who doesnt have it too great and says something about it an idiot etc. which ironically IS an attention grabbing stunt. too bad we dont all see the TRUTH as you do and arent strong enough to stand upto our on pathetic thoughts like your greatness can.

Arachnoidfreak

My best friend tried to kill himself. He realizes he was a ****wad for trying and calls everyone else a ****wad who says they want to do it. There's always something to look forward to.

So you're the naive and illiterate one here.

leonheartmm
and you say all that based on just one person;s testimony? how odd, you never bothered to find why he was saying it simply because it went in accordance with your own thoughts{not knowing how far this friend went, what his reasons were, did he really even try to kill himself etc} and in so doing youve decided to dismiss tons of testimonies and psychanalatic work from the past. its not the greates of ways to argue. and your QUITE in the wrong by saying theres always something to look forward to, thas a bullshit lie told by those whove never been in the situation SOMETIMES there are things to look forward to, most of the time however there arent. and even when they might be there, they are too little and tooo far in the future to be anyhting worth actually looking forward too.

Arachnoidfreak
You're an ass. Do you really believe I would let my BEST FRIEND tell me he tried to kill himself and not ask why? Just because I do not disclose the information to you out of sheer respect for him does not mean I don't know.

And your crap about too far and too little is an excuse. Your life is in your hands, if there's nothing there, it's your fault. There is always something you can do. The trick is to actually DO IT, and stop complaining. Everyone goes through shitty periods of time. Not everyone commits suicide. And if the depression is due to a chemical imbalance, guess what, there's help for that too.

PVS
the logic seems to be that if you dont support a whiney b!tch suicide thread, then you have neither experienced misery nor contemplated suicide.

as per every suicide thread it becomes a dramatic pretentious and exclusionary clique of "you dont know what i'm going through/been through" (except for those who swallow the horseshit they're selling)

leonheartmm
You're an ass. Do you really believe I would let my BEST FRIEND tell me he tried to kill himself and not ask why? Just because I do not disclose the information to you out of sheer respect for him does not mean I don't know.

And your crap about too far and too little is an excuse. Your life is in your hands, if there's nothing there, it's your fault. There is always something you can do. The trick is to actually DO IT, and stop complaining. Everyone goes through shitty periods of time. Not everyone commits suicide. And if the depression is due to a chemical imbalance, guess what, there's help for that too.

depression is far more than a chemical imbalance, the chemical imbalance theory has been refuted again and again. theres far more to emotion than biochemicals. you seem to presume you have all the answers but guess what, youve never been a real suicidal and arent going through it now. most suicidals forget themselves what it was like and start givin positive outlooks on life which dont really work for people who actually are there. u havent even been there to begin with so what makes u think u know better?

Arachnoidfreak
Exactly. What fragrant oxshit, "you never been there so you dont know!" Of course Ive been there, everyone gets miserable at some point or another. I just know that it's not the end of the ****ing world just because I'm sad/lonely/depressed.

PVS
u havent even been there to begin with so what makes u think u know better?
see what i mean? like clockwork. yes

leonheartmm
Originally posted by PVS
the logic seems to be that if you dont support a whiney b!tch suicide thread, then you have neither experienced misery nor contemplated suicide.

as per every suicide thread it becomes a dramatic pretentious and exclusionary clique of "you dont know what i'm going through/been through" (except for those who swallow the horseshit they're selling)

no the reason you havent expirienced misery nor really contemplated suicide is precisely because your calling suicidals WHINEY BITCHES. and you dont know what people go through infact your the type of person's whose neglect{to his family. lover etc} probably actually drives em to suicide.

PVS
no the reason you havent expirienced misery nor really contemplated suicide is precisely because your calling suicidals WHINEY BITCHES. and you dont know what people go through infact your the type of person's whose neglect{to his family. lover etc} probably actually drives em to suicide.

no, i am calling this thread a whiney b!itch suicide thread. exactly what i said.
whiney little internet attention seeking bitches who deserve to be strangled to near-death so that they may appreciate the subtle pleasures of life, such as consciousness and breathing. whiney b!tches who go onto internet forums and post their drama and look for attention. quite frankly the very people who are just looking for other whiney bi!tches to cry with, when they all know deep down that they'd never have the balls to actually do what they contemplate.

and you dont know me, yet you assume you know that i've never contemplated suicide.
like clockwork.

there are suicide hotlines for people who genuinely feel like they want to kill themselves. anyone who would attempt to use a forum for that purpose deserves the darwin award.

leonheartmm
having a bad day is QUITE differnet from having an intolerable life.

PVS
having a bad day is QUITE differnet from having an intolerable life.

as i said, you dont know me, you dont know a thing about my life, or what i
have been through. the only difference is i dont use that fact to exclude you
from some little online suicide clique. i dont use negative experiences in my
life as a tool for getting attention...thus the reason you dont know a thing
about me. its just a fact. you are here to cry and exclude everyone who
doesnt pat you on the ass and feel sorry for you or any other attention whores.

the very notion that you would be so arrogant as to assume knowledge of me
makes you a complete hypocrite. you should just stfu at this point because
you've shot yourself in the foot quite enough. save yourself a shred of dignity.

Pandemoniac
Suicide is a very desperate measure, but you'll have to admit that just about every person has his/hers moment of 'I wish is was never born' somewhere in their lives.
That does not validate suicide, but it does proves that a majority is at times just fed up with being in this world.
This conflict between the natural instinct to survive and the corruption of this by the current human society is something not to be taken lightly.

Eis
It's us that have never really known misery? Priceless. It's the kids that their girlfriends/boyfriends just left them or their parents are getting divorced that go on myspace.com and ***** how "dark" and "meaningless" their life is. I'm sure most of the teens that are obsessed with suicide don't ever even attempt it.

And by the way, KMC has a wonderful tool called "Spellcheck" you should try it out sometime.

RedAlertv2
jawdrop

You thought Green Day was emo. I'd keep quiet

Not to mention Nirvana is one of those bands that people with absolutely terrible taste in music listen to, only to try and prove themselves as real music fans. Not saying Nirvana is bad (I like them), I just think some people like them for the wrong reasons.

BlackC@
Originally posted by KharmaDog

Actually only 10% of all people who think of suicide are psychotic.

Without ever coming across suicide, you would not understand.

BlackC@
The person who said "Just do it, stop whining about it..."

Is the most insensitive prick on these boards. I bet this makes you feel nothing in your hollow, tin chest.

You must have a massive karmic debt hanging over your head.

BlackC@
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
You thought Green Day was emo. I'd keep quiet

Well they're certainly NOT punk. Punk is so dead.

BlackC@
How utterly selfish.

If they want to die they should do it. I would feel bad,l sure. But if they can't deal with it they should do it. No one should live if they don't want to. What other people think about it is basically not important, except that it is obviously something that people thinking about killing themselves consider. So, really what is stupid is to annoy all other people with your whining about the misery. Kill yourself or don't. If you are actually looking for help chances are you don't want to die anyways. Why the hell should you bother everyone else?

You disgust me. Most people that think of suicide or comit it do not want to die, they want a way out.

'Whinning' to people that they are suicidal is not stupid. They're crying for help. Everyone needs help at sometime in their life. But I guess you're some kind of super-human who has the ability to solve every one of his problems all by himself. No? Well then shut your mouth.

crazylozer
You know, instead of suicide, people could be unselfish and do highly dangerous, yet socially acceptable work instead ex. firefighter, policeman, soldier, bomb technician, etc.

Arachnoidfreak
You disgust me. Most people that think of suicide or comit it do not want to die, they want a way out.

'Whinning' to people that they are suicidal is not stupid. They're crying for help. Everyone needs help at sometime in their life. But I guess you're some kind of super-human who has the ability to solve every one of his problems all by himself. No? Well then shut your mouth.

Not all people who claim to be suicidal are actually suicidal. Actually, most suicidal people don't seek help, they just get on with it. It's normally the attention whoring whiny buggers Bardock is talking about who whine about it publicly who aren't actually looking for a way out, but some damn attention. Those are the worst.

RedAlertv2
Well they're certainly NOT punk. Punk is so dead.

First of all, between punk and emo, punk is the only one which could be argued as still being in existence. Emo is completely dead, whereas many modern bands are still considered to be punk. And you do realize emo was a subgenre of punk rock right?

For the record, Green Day are pop-punk

why the hell am I arguing this in a suicide thread? Im done with this argument here. Pm if you want to continue.

BlackC@
Not all people who claim to be suicidal are actually suicidal. Actually, most suicidal people don't seek help, they just get on with it. It's normally the attention whoring whiny buggers Bardock is talking about who whine about it publicly who aren't actually looking for a way out, but some damn attention. Those are the worst.

I also HATE attention-seekers, I have come across some suicide attention-seekers. If you're going to do anything, ignore them, that's better than calling them pathetic.

BlackC@
Originally posted by crazylozer
You know, instead of suicide, people could be unselfish and do highly dangerous, yet socially acceptable work instead ex. firefighter, policeman, soldier, bomb technician, etc.

You're obviously some 14 year-old without a clue. Your user-name says it all.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Eis
You'll never have to hear him whine into a microphone again? Were you ever at some point?

As for the topic, I've never seriously considered suicide.

Were I ever what? Whinning into a microphone? No. Depressed. Sure. But not to the point I would kill myself. I'll never understand someone who offs himself at the height of his career out of artistic integrity. As for whinning, that's all I ever heard him do. Whine about the human condition or whine about his place in it. He made millions off of that uncomfortable feeling. I'm not addressing his music or the message that people got out of it. I'm addressing his attitude towards life, and the existence involved.

Penelope
No one alive can say that they've never contemplated suicide, its almost natural.

Eis
Were I ever what? Whinning into a microphone? No. Depressed. Sure. But not to the point I would kill myself. I'll never understand someone who offs himself at the height of his career out of artistic integrity. As for whinning, that's all I ever heard him do. Whine about the human condition or whine about his place in it. He made millions off of that uncomfortable feeling. I'm not addressing his music or the message that people got out of it. I'm addressing his attitude towards life, and the existence involved.
I meant did you ever really had to hear him whine into a microphone.

But, I don't see anything wrong with expressing ones disapproval of society through musical means, even if it sounds as if he were whining, if that's what you're talking about.

Bardock42

I guess I am. Or I am oe of this super-human beings that doesn't need to go to an Internet Forum and whine how horrible their life is because there mom didn't cut their toast to a triangle.....guess I'm one of those. When I need help I go to people I know can help me and ask "Yo, can you help me?".Originally posted by crazylozer
You know, instead of suicide, people could be unselfish and do highly dangerous, yet socially acceptable work instead ex. firefighter, policeman, soldier, bomb technician, etc. Reminds me of Bill Hicks' proposal to put terminally ill people into action movies....realistic stunts to the max.

Lord Urizen
I guess I am. Or I am oe of this super-human beings that doesn't need to go to an Internet Forum and whine how horrible their life is because there mom didn't cut their toast to a triangle.....guess I'm one of those. When I need help I go to people I know can help me and ask "Yo, can you help me?".

You are probably one of the least sensitive people on these forums.

Can I relate to a suicidal person myself? No, I cannot understand the desire to want to end one's life. I've been severely depressed before, but I never went that far down the drain. Also, I'm too chicken sh$#@ to kill myself anyway, so suicide was never an option for me.

What you refer to as "whining" is a suicidal person's way of expressing thier pain. There's nothing funny about it, and your use of disrespect for this kind of situation is sickening.

Obviously, a suicidal person is undergoing many overwhelming situations, enough to drive them to this desire.

"because there mom didn't cut their toast to a triangle"

You are so disgusting, seriously.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
You are probably one of the least sensitive people on these forums.

Can I relate to a suicidal person myself? No, I cannot understand the desire to want to end one's life. I've been severely depressed before, but I never went that far down the drain. Also, I'm too chicken sh$#@ to kill myself anyway, so suicide was never an option for me.

What you refer to as "whining" is a suicidal person's way of expressing thier pain. There's nothing funny about it, and your use of disrespect for this kind of situation is sickening.

Obviously, a suicidal person is undergoing many overwhelming situations, enough to drive them to this desire.

"because there mom didn't cut their toast to a triangle"

You are so disgusting, seriously.

I take in the knowledge that I am probably the least sensitive person on these forums.

Actually there is quite a lot funny about their "expression of pain", at the same time t can be very annoying as well though. It's just a stupid way of dealing with a situation.

PVS
do you see what i meant about an exclusionary drama clique? already we see the "how could you be so cruel !!!" and "you dont know what its like !!!!"

well if thats the case, then you are still effected by it enough where you should still seek therapy, and thus the reason suicide threads are forbidden. if you come here to seek therapy, you make darwin smile.

or

you're just a drama queen and/or pussy, milking your past misery so people will run to you and pay attention on command, and you throw tantrums and/or insult people who dont kiss your ass.

Bardock42
Funny, I forgot the word pride in my last post.....

crazylozer
You're obviously some 14 year-old without a clue. Your user-name says it all.

15 year-old, thanks smile

But seriously, how am I without a clue? A suicidal person obviously does not want to continue living. Why? Because they're in too much 'pain', and they consider the possibilty of a 'blissful rest of death' far better than the alternative. Are they any more deserving of pity than a person who is dying and wants to live? That's not justice, that's their own stupidity. There are those children who are abused both verbally and physically who want to live. There are people who are severly handicapped who want to live. There are starving children in Africa who want to live. So why is it that people who do not deserve to live any more, but not any less, than any other person cannot endanger their life in order to help others? Find a purpose in life to focus on, rather than focusing on the present; sounds like good advice to you?

Side note: pain is relative. Those unnaccustomed to mental anguish would of course be more heavily influenced by sudden unfortunate incidents. Do they deserve pity? Of course. But how many people do you ignore on a regular basis who have gone through worse? Probably more than you realize. Is that fair? Life isn't, but at least having an idealistic dream is better than throwing yourself a pity party, helping no one and detracting attention away from global problems larger than yourself.

Lord Urizen
I take in the knowledge that I am probably the least sensitive person on these forums.

Actually there is quite a lot funny about their "expression of pain", at the same time t can be very annoying as well though. It's just a stupid way of dealing with a situation.

It's a mentally impaired way of dealing with a situation....correction....situations. People do not often become suicidal over one issue, a suidical person becomes so due to numerous issues and pressures.

I personally do not relate. I have been through some rough shit, but suicide was never an option for me. I love life to damn much, and I am assuming that my pain was probably nothing compared to the pain of a suicidal person OR my mental state of mind is stronger than some other person's.

You have every right to find "these expressions of pain" annoying, since it is your opinion and involuntary. However, if you treat a suicidal person with this sort of attitude "you annoy me" you are NOT helping them. The whole "snap out of it" technique does not help, it only makes things worse.

Obviously Bardock you do not have a talent for displaying sensitivity or empathy for a person suffering from such a thing. Rant on about your opinion all you want, but I suggest if a suicidal person seeks help from you....just stay away. wink

Lord Urizen
15 year-old, thanks smile

But seriously, how am I without a clue? A suicidal person obviously does not want to continue living. Why? Because they're in too much 'pain', and they consider the possibilty of a 'blissful rest of death' far better than the alternative. Are they any more deserving of pity than a person who is dying and wants to live? That's not justice, that's their own stupidity. There are those children who are abused both verbally and physically who want to live. There are people who are severly handicapped who want to live. There are starving children in Africa who want to live. So why is it that people who do not deserve to live any more, but not any less, than any other person cannot endanger their life in order to help others? Find a purpose in life to focus on, rather than focusing on the present; sounds like good advice to you?

Side note: pain is relative. Those unnaccustomed to mental anguish would of course be more heavily influenced by sudden unfortunate incidents. Do they deserve pity? Of course. But how many people do you ignore on a regular basis who have gone through worse? Probably more than you realize. Is that fair? Life isn't, but at least having an idealistic dream is better than throwing yourself a pity party, helping no one and detracting attention away from global problems larger than yourself.

It is not about pitying a person. It is about helping a person. Suicidal people (mostly teenagers) have mental issues. It's not about wanting attention to pity, they WANT HELP......Depression is not just a mental state either, its ALSO a physical/psychological one...hence why pills are given.

Suicidal Thoughts are one of the EXTREMES to depression....it is not self provoked, these are involuntary thoughts to an involuntary mental and physical condition.

How can a person with NO self esteem, who thinks that NOBODY cares about him/her, and who is ready to self induce DEATH able to "find a purpose in life?" on thier own? They need help GENIUS roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
It's a mentally impaired way of dealing with a situation....correction....situations. People do not often become suicidal over one issue, a suidical person becomes so due to numerous issues and pressures.

I personally do not relate. I have been through some rough shit, but suicide was never an option for me. I love life to damn much, and I am assuming that my pain was probably nothing compared to the pain of a suicidal person OR my mental state of mind is stronger than some other person's.

You have every right to find "these expressions of pain" annoying, since it is your opinion and involuntary. However, if you treat a suicidal person with this sort of attitude "you annoy me" you are NOT helping them. The whole "snap out of it" technique does not help, it only makes things worse.

Obviously Bardock you do not have a talent for displaying sensitivity or empathy for a person suffering from such a thing. Rant on about your opinion all you want, but I suggest if a suicidal person seeks help from you....just stay away. wink

Okay, and?

Okay, and?

Yes, I have the right to find it annoying. And help a suicidal person? How can you help them? Give them a razor to make it easier? You just apply your love of life on someone who doesn't want to live. So either you want to die, then **** it and kill yourself. Or you don't want to die then stop whining and get over it.

If a suicidal person is looking for help from me I will provide it as I see fit. Whining about how horrible ones life is, is not looking for help. It's being an attention seeking dumbass. I'd be happy if those people would just kill themself. Okay, I'm lying I wouldn't give a ****.

Lord Urizen
Okay, and?

Okay, and?

Yes, I have the right to find it annoying. And help a suicidal person? How can you help them? Give them a razor to make it easier? You just apply your love of life on someone who doesn't want to live. So either you want to die, then **** it and kill yourself. Or you don't want to die then stop whining and get over it.

If a suicidal person is looking for help from me I will provide it as I see fit. Whining about how horrible ones life is, is not looking for help. It's being an attention seeking dumbass. I'd be happy if those people would just kill themself. Okay, I'm lying I wouldn't give a ****.

1) You don't have to give a shit. Just stay away from the situation, you obviously don't care, so you can't help. Don't try.

2) "Whining about how horrible one's life is" is not a seeking of attention, it's a cry for help. If you don't like it, just don't answer it. wink

Bardock42
1) You don't have to give a shit. Just stay away from the situation, you obviously don't care, so you can't help. Don't try.

2) "Whining about how horrible one's life is" is not a seeking of attention, it's a cry for help. If you don't like it, just don't answer it. wink

1)You can give a shit all you want. You are jsut as enabled to "help" in this situation as I am. Just that you think your definition of "help" is needed. So what?

2) "Help" ...look at this prime example of a "cry for help", also notice the lack of whining in it.

crazylozer
It is not about pitying a person. It is about helping a person. Suicidal people (mostly teenagers) have mental issues. It's not about wanting attention to pity, they WANT HELP......Depression is not just a mental state either, its ALSO a physical/psychological one...hence why pills are given.

Suicidal Thoughts are one of the EXTREMES to depression....it is not self provoked, these are involuntary thoughts to an involuntary mental and physical condition.

How can a person with NO self esteem, who thinks that NOBODY cares about him/her, and who is ready to self induce DEATH able to "find a purpose in life?" on thier own? They need help GENIUS roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh, to clarify, my previous statements were directed towards suicidal people who chose not to seek nor accept professional help.

Simple fact: you can't help someone in mental anguish who doesn't want to be helped. Therapy and medicine can help, but why should everyone around them be forced to put their lives on hold?

Involuntary thoughts? What happened to personality; what happened to free will? Does that mean that how people answer the glass half-empty/half-full question is involuntary? I really don't believe that people have no say in how they live their lives...

And my "purpose in life" statement was meant to be ironic, if you couldn't tell. Y'know, the whole switch between life and death...not caring if they're dead or alive...while people are involuntarily dying...but I guess that went right over your head and hit God in the balls.

Lord Urizen
1)You can give a shit all you want. You are jsut as enabled to "help" in this situation as I am. Just that you think your definition of "help" is needed. So what?

2) "Help" ...look at this prime example of a "cry for help", also notice the lack of whining in it.

1) Point taken.

2) Obviously if people like you or myself need help, we have the logic and healthy state of mind to ask for it. Most suicidal people, ESPECIALLY suicidal teenagers are not in the right state of mind to come out clean and say "listen, something is very wrong with me. I need help"

There are many suicidal people who ask for help btw.

But for those who are reluctant to ask for help directly, they usually tell someone they REALLY trust what they are going through. You have to understand that most suicidal people lack trust in others. Most of them beleive that NO ONE CARES.....so they "whine" they try to get "pity" and lack the confidense to beleive that people will care and help them right away.

They lack much logic.....you and myself are in healthy states of mind, where we do the rational thing...ask for help...when we really need it. Most suicidal people lack this logic, because thier emotions are overwhelming thier mind. So they "whine" they leave signs. And as mentally healthier human beings, it is our job to recognize these signs and offer help, even when they don't "ask" for it.

Lord Urizen
Oh, to clarify, my previous statements were directed towards suicidal people who chose not to seek nor accept professional help.

All suicidal people ask for help in thier own ways. Read my above post, many of them do not trust outside help, even though they subconciously want it. They beleive that no one cares, and feel they need to gain "pity" to have someone care. Many suicidal people have the irrational fear that other people will only victimize them and use them further. They are afraid of vulnerability. It is our job as fellow human beings to recognize the signs.

Simple fact: you can't help someone in mental anguish who doesn't want to be helped. Therapy and medicine can help, but why should everyone around them be forced to put their lives on hold?

No, but most suicidal people DO WANT HELP.....most suicidal people WANT someone to STOP THEM..that is why they "whine" that is why they annoy others with thier depressed and pessemistic noise. Why should everyone be forced to put thier lives on hold? To SAVE another life....I think it's a worthy cause. wink

BTW.....Therapy and Medicine can also make things worse (depending on who is the doctor, and what is the drug). Nothing is better than positive human interaction for such states of mind.

Involuntary thoughts? What happened to personality; what happened to free will? Does that mean that how people answer the glass half-empty/half-full question is involuntary? I really don't believe that people have no say in how they live their lives...

Depression and Suidical Tendencies have nothing to do with free will and even less to do with personality. These are involuntary, caused by both environmental factors and physiological factors. How people answer the half glass question is voluntary, what thier original opinion is is INvoluntary.

People do have a say in how they live thier lives....people have very little say in what kind of state of mind they possess. Depression is not self induced, no one chooses to be depressed...it happens without your permission due to outside stressors and interior physical stressors.

God...how much DO you know about Depression and Suicide? roll eyes (sarcastic)

And my "purpose in life" statement was meant to be ironic, if you couldn't tell. Y'know, the whole switch between life and death...not caring if they're dead or alive...while people are involuntarily dying...but I guess that went right over your head and hit God in the balls.

You apply this whole "Get over it" argument towards suicidal people, and you have to realize how dangerous that technique is. It DOESNT work.....it's not a choice to be suicidal or depressed, it is something that HAPPENS to people....not something that people bring upon themselves voluntarily, when the hell will you understand that?

crazylozer
Depression doesn't equal suicide. Someone who wants another to stop them from dying doesn't mean that they are necessarily suicidal: that means that they want attention. That may not be a bad thing, because medical help would be just what the doctor ordered.

But suicidal gestures, or self-harm, do not mean that the person is suicidal. Suicide is actually wanting to die. They believe, by and large, that escaping life would help them avoid further pain.

Oh, and therapy involves human interaction.

BlackC@
How the hell would you know? Suicide is not someone wanting to die. It's someone wanting a way out.

RZA

Lord Urizen
Depression doesn't equal suicide. Someone who wants another to stop them from dying doesn't mean that they are necessarily suicidal: that means that they want attention. That may not be a bad thing, because medical help would be just what the doctor ordered.

But suicidal gestures, or self-harm, do not mean that the person is suicidal. Suicide is actually wanting to die. They believe, by and large, that escaping life would help them avoid further pain.

Oh, and therapy involves human interaction.

Wow...where did you learn your stuff? You have like no idea what suicide actually is.....do more research before you go ranting your opinion like this.

1) Depression does not equal suicide, you are correct about that. But this does not help your point at all. Poeple who are suicidal ARE depressed......while not all depressed people are suicidal.

People who want another to stop them from dying don't just want attention, wtf are you getting this from?

FACT: Most suicidal people want someone to stop them. It is the natural urge of every human being to survive. They are at conflict with themselves. They are struggling over whether or not they should go through with it, they leave you hints: ie "Whining, pessemism, jokes about death, diary entries, giving away of personal posessions, a lack of interest in things they once loved etc.

Dude, you have so little knowledge on this subject, it's incredible !

2) Suicidal- the state of mind where a person feels extremely overwhelmed by numerous stressful situations (mental, emotional, and/or physical) and starts to contemplate death as an escape.

You silly 15 year old, Suicide is not about the LOVE of death...it's not about a desire to actually die, it's about dying to ESCAPE the suffering of life. However, deep down inside they do not WANT do actually die...why do you think they take so long so go through with it? They WANT someone to stop them, someone to give them a reason to hang on longer, that is where the "signs" come from.

Everyone wants to live....everyone wants to gain pleasure...this is a natural human desire.....people who feel they want to die are totally dissatisfied and hurt by thier lives...those people need help.

3)Therapy - Yes, this does involve human interaction, and can be wondorfully helpful to a suicidal person. But this involves the concept of TRUST.....the suicidal person must feel open enough to trust another person with his or her personal problem. Vulnerability is a fear that suicidal people ironically often feel.

However, there's been a dark side to therapy as well. There have been many people that have been driven to even further depression by thier therapists. Why do you think so many people attack psychology and call therapists "quacks" or "shrinks". People are beginning to trust therapists less and less, and you think a suicidal person wants to seek help from someone with a bad reputation?

Positive Human Interaction from family and friends is one of the best ways to fight suicidal thoughts. The suicidal person needs to be reminded of how many people love him/her. This inspires motivation and a seed of self worth. Therapy is a MUST yes.....on this I think we'd agree, but it's not enough by itself. We must all do our part if we know a person who is suicidal.

The WORST thing to do is treat the suicidal signs like "whining" and to act annoyed by it. You will make that person think you don't give a shit, and it will only make them feel more unworthy and less cared for. Sensitivity is probably the most important thing in this issue, PERIOD.

Arachnoidfreak
Whining isn't a suicidal sign. People who are serious about commiting suicide don't go "My life is so horrible. I was dumped. I want to kill myself. I'm going to go slit my wrists." They get on with it. They go missing for days, they stay locked in their rooms, they start taking too many sleeping pills, they get hooked on diet pills, become druggies. They look for ways to escape their reality, and suicide becomes that ultimate escape, the one that isn't just a temporary drug fix. Suicidal tendencies aren't words, they are actions. That's when someone should intervene and help them.

Whining is just that, whining for attention. These people neither deserve pity nor the attention they seek.

crazylozer
Wow...where did you learn your stuff? You have like no idea what suicide actually is.....do more research before you go ranting your opinion like this.

1) Depression does not equal suicide, you are correct about that. But this does not help your point at all. Poeple who are suicidal ARE depressed......while not all depressed people are suicidal.

People who want another to stop them from dying don't just want attention, wtf are you getting this from?

FACT: Most suicidal people want someone to stop them. It is the natural urge of every human being to survive. They are at conflict with themselves. They are struggling over whether or not they should go through with it, they leave you hints: ie "Whining, pessemism, jokes about death, diary entries, giving away of personal posessions, a lack of interest in things they once loved etc.

Dude, you have so little knowledge on this subject, it's incredible !

2) Suicidal- the state of mind where a person feels extremely overwhelmed by numerous stressful situations (mental, emotional, and/or physical) and starts to contemplate death as an escape.

You silly 15 year old, Suicide is not about the LOVE of death...it's not about a desire to actually die, it's about dying to ESCAPE the suffering of life. However, deep down inside they do not WANT do actually die...why do you think they take so long so go through with it? They WANT someone to stop them, someone to give them a reason to hang on longer, that is where the "signs" come from.

Everyone wants to live....everyone wants to gain pleasure...this is a natural human desire.....people who feel they want to die are totally dissatisfied and hurt by thier lives...those people need help.

3)Therapy - Yes, this does involve human interaction, and can be wondorfully helpful to a suicidal person. But this involves the concept of TRUST.....the suicidal person must feel open enough to trust another person with his or her personal problem. Vulnerability is a fear that suicidal people ironically often feel.

However, there's been a dark side to therapy as well. There have been many people that have been driven to even further depression by thier therapists. Why do you think so many people attack psychology and call therapists "quacks" or "shrinks". People are beginning to trust therapists less and less, and you think a suicidal person wants to seek help from someone with a bad reputation?

Positive Human Interaction from family and friends is one of the best ways to fight suicidal thoughts. The suicidal person needs to be reminded of how many people love him/her. This inspires motivation and a seed of self worth. Therapy is a MUST yes.....on this I think we'd agree, but it's not enough by itself. We must all do our part if we know a person who is suicidal.

The WORST thing to do is treat the suicidal signs like "whining" and to act annoyed by it. You will make that person think you don't give a shit, and it will only make them feel more unworthy and less cared for. Sensitivity is probably the most important thing in this issue, PERIOD.

What makes you the expert on depression and suicide, O holier than thou?

Depression is a disease with particular symptoms. Suicidal people are not always depressed. Period.

Those who want people to stop them, and do stuff like slitting their wrists, telling everyone they know about how much their life sucks aren't really suicidal; they want help.

They do not want to die, they want someone to help alleviate their pain.

Not wanting to die means not suicidal.

Some people who are suicidal do give off these warning signs, but they do not want to live. Why? Because they feel, by and large, that the world offers nothing but pain ahead, and the only solution is death. It takes time to arrive at this conclusion, which is generally precluded by the aforementioned state of mind. Generally not being bad people, they try to lessen the pain they'll cause others by preparing them for it. Did you know that it does happen that suicidal people kill themselves rather quickly?

It's difficult to make distinctions between the two groups, but there is a difference.

And where exactly did I say that suicidal people loved death? I said they wanted to leave life, that doesn't necessarily mean that they liked doing it. Example: say you were about to get into a fight. You might want to walk away, but you wouldn't exactly like doing it because of the repercussions.

And therapy doesn't necessarily involve a shrink. Ever look the word up in an encyclopedia? There's acupuncture, aromatherapy, massage therapy...do I need to go on?

Once a person accepts the help, and realizes that people care about them, and want to help them get better, they generally are not suicidal anymore.

Captain REX
I have no reason to commit suicide, and even then, I consider suicide to be the weak way out of things.

zephiel7
I have tried to choke myself on numerous occassions but goddammit it never works sad

(just so you all know, I was kidding)

Lord Urizen
What makes you the expert on depression and suicide, O holier than thou?

Depression is a disease with particular symptoms. Suicidal people are not always depressed. Period.

Those who want people to stop them, and do stuff like slitting their wrists, telling everyone they know about how much their life sucks aren't really suicidal; they want help.

They do not want to die, they want someone to help alleviate their pain.

Not wanting to die means not suicidal.

Some people who are suicidal do give off these warning signs, but they do not want to live. Why? Because they feel, by and large, that the world offers nothing but pain ahead, and the only solution is death. It takes time to arrive at this conclusion, which is generally precluded by the aforementioned state of mind. Generally not being bad people, they try to lessen the pain they'll cause others by preparing them for it. Did you know that it does happen that suicidal people kill themselves rather quickly?

It's difficult to make distinctions between the two groups, but there is a difference.

And where exactly did I say that suicidal people loved death? I said they wanted to leave life, that doesn't necessarily mean that they liked doing it. Example: say you were about to get into a fight. You might want to walk away, but you wouldn't exactly like doing it because of the repercussions.

And therapy doesn't necessarily involve a shrink. Ever look the word up in an encyclopedia? There's acupuncture, aromatherapy, massage therapy...do I need to go on?

Once a person accepts the help, and realizes that people care about them, and want to help them get better, they generally are not suicidal anymore.

Ay Carajo.

Being Suidical does not mean you simply want to die....that is the last stage of being suicidal.

Being Suicidal means you are considering killing yourself. THAT simple.

You are making this a black and white situation, and that's NOT what it is. Going directly to killing oneself is one of two things: The last stage of being suicidal, or the strongest suicidal state of mind. Being suicidal MEANS that you are contemplating death. It doesnt automatically mean you no longer want to live.

Most suicidal people DO want to live. When will you understand this? They subconciously WANT to live, they just do not want to live THIER lives. And since all they know is pain, they cannot imagine life being any better. They are contemplating DEATH as an ESCAPE....but its a LAST RESORT.....they want someone to STOP them before they do it.

Obviously my words alone will not convince you of anything, because you have this set standard idea of what being suicidal means, and everything I say to you will come off as "wrong".

NExt post i will supply you with documented studies on the definition of being suicidal, etc. wink

=Mysta=-kILL
I'm thinking about scuicide right now. Damn girls sad

NoRemorse
I have plenty of times....s'always the guilt of upsetting my family that stops me though wink

crazylozer
Since I haven't filled my controversy quotient today:

Bardock42
Since I haven't filled my controversy quotient today:

Haven't filled your thread reading quotient either, have you?

A.D. Skinner
I was close once...very close in fact. Things in my life weren't the greatest, and at that point, I was unable to see the forest through the trees.

Ending my life was the only solution that I could think of where I wouldn't have to deal with it anymore. Though, I am still here, and those thoughts have now passed. It was a dark period of my life, and although sometimes life sucks, and you don't think you can survive...

...you find a way to do just that.

-Tired Hiker-

You'd actually pass out and die of a heart attack before you hit the ground, so you don't have to worry about seeing yourself splatter. Im not telling you to do it, it's just a misconception that you are alive until you hit the ground.

I disagree. I think if I accidentally fell off the Golden Gate Bridge, I'd probably have a heart attack, but if I did it on purpose, I'd fly like a bird with a smile on my face all the way down! big grin

Arachnoidfreak
I disagree. I think if I accidentally fell off the Golden Gate Bridge, I'd probably have a heart attack, but if I did it on purpose, I'd fly like a bird with a smile on my face all the way down! big grin

It's actually just physics. The human heart can't stand the pressure from falling so fast. So it doesnt matter if you disagree.

stick out tongue

-Tired Hiker-
It's actually just physics. The human heart can't stand the pressure from falling so fast. So it doesnt matter if you disagree.

stick out tongue

That is absurd. People sky dive every day and live to tell about it. eek!

-Tired Hiker-
OWNED!!! cool

BlackC@
Originally posted by Captain REX
I have no reason to commit suicide, and even then, I consider suicide to be the weak way out of things.

Suicide is not weak. Think of it like this, If I started pilling weights on your shoulders you would collapse, regardless of how hard your tried to stay standing. It's like that with suicide.

Crazyloser, what makes you think of suicidal people are attention seekers? You are basing this on NOTHING, not fact, but what you are merly thinking.

If someone does suicidal things and whine to get attention, they may have borderline personality-disorder. That's not their fault.

When someone is going to take their own life, the chemical embalance in their brain is so high that they are incapable of rational thought.

I have know two suicides. One of them, did not whine, and did not seek attention. They did often speak of feeling miserable and syaing "It's so hard to hang on..." They were crying for help.
The second, no one had any idea, whena joke was made they would laugh the loudest. They left in their note that they were very miserable and couldn't go on.

Neither of them is pathetic, and they did not whine for attention.

BlackC@
OWNED!!! cool

Amen, brotha'! cool

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>