Inter-Planetary Warfare registration and OOC thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Twilight Janick
Inter-Planetary Warfare:

Franchise network website

Greetings everyone. Here's a game I thought you might like to play.

Basically you create a space vessel of some sort (which may or may not be from a particular sci universe), post up some stats such as size, weapons, etc, as well as a picture. This picture could be anything from a masterful CG work to a hastily drawn doodle as long as it gives an idea of what the ship looks like.

There are a few rules for this game...

1: You are not allowed to destory another person's ship, only the person playing the ship can say it gets destroyed. You are free to do damage to the ship or effect it in some other manner within reason for the weapons and abilities of your ship.

2: You may not use a ship of greater power than a heavy crusier. This means no huge Death Staresque mobile stations, massive dreadnoughts or other such things. You can use any kind of ship like a carrier, gun ship, explorer or whatever but it can only be as powerful as a heavy crusier or less. A hevay crusier is basically a medium - medium heavy ship. I will determine if the ship you select is reasonable. Also, if you choose a really small ship (like a frigate or scout ship) I may permit you to have more than one ship but even if I do you can only have a maximum of three ships (not counting fighters). You can bring in more ships upto the limit of three during the game but can only have one heavy crusier or one or more smaller ships to begin with.

3: Don't get too silly. Nothing peaves me off more than to see my game thread2 fly off the rails.

4: Have fun.

Note: Just because it's called "Inter-Planetary Warfare" doesn't mean it HAS to have combat. Peaceful encounters are just fine and can be just as fun as hostile ones if played right.

My ship is the TechnoUnion frigate, Hardcell class, T.U.S. Grapple Droid.

Specs:

Height: 265 meters
Diameter: 115 meters
Crew: 165

Engines:

Sublight: Using Intrepid-class impulse engines bought from Federation cargo ships, this ship can travel at 0.40c.

Faster-than-light: warp 9.5 (max cruise, top speed is 9.99 rated for 12 hours)

Weapons:

16 heavy turbolasers
6 point-defense phasers-V

Shields:

Standard issue TechnoUnion ray-shielding.

Auxiliary craft:

8 Geonosian droid starfighters
2 Theta-class shuttles

Ship history (references to the other franchise; valid unless inter-franchise interaction is not authorized): This ship was engaged in battle against the United Federation of Planets therefore having Federation equipment after capture. Rendered to Republican service, the Republican Navy rendered the ship to the TechnoUnion.

Passengers: 500 living and 100 grapple droids (used for craft boarding).

Permission:

DarkDethbringer
My Ship is The Vindicator II, a Hybrid of Salvaged ships

Specs:

Height: 800 Yards
Diameter: 800 Yards
Crew: 465 (mostly Droids)

Engines:

Advanced War Vessel Courasant Engine: Capable of capturing most any runaway ships

Hyper Drive: slightly dated but can warp for a while

Gravitic Warp Enabler: one of the fastest way of travel, can move faster than Hyper Drive

Weapons:

12 Duel Mounted Plasma Grenade Cannons
24 Plasma Ray Cannons
4 Lazer Beams
4 Missile Launchers

Shields:

Courasant Manufactured Ray Sheilds
Docking Bay Special Ray Sheilds
Advanced Vibranium Sheildings

Auxiliary craft:

2 Jedi StarFighter
100 Standard Droid Transport
50 Sqidrian Transporter Ships

Ship history : The Vindicator has plagued all beings for many years, after Darth Karnack was given the ship by a former Sith Lord he has been a dealy Space Pirate stealing valueables and killing Innocents, stuffing his enourmous ship with Droids and plenty of Supplies teh young Sith has been pilotting for ages, Being a Sqidrian he was an unknown Species which gave him an advantage as others know not what his weaknesses are, that is more than they can say for him.

Passengers: 100 Living Sqidrion Passangers, 200 Pilot, Sniper and Scout Droids, 45 Super Battle Droids, 5 Humans

Noteable People:
Character name: Darth Karnack
Planet: None really but docks at Courasant
Species: Sqidrian Sith Lord

Character name: Grand Adviser Veermoff
Planet: same
Species: Human

Character name: Leiutennant Xorn Elias
Species: Human, Dark Jedi

Character name: Commander Vera Tenrimont
Planet: Courasant

Twilight Janick
We need one more player and we can start.

DarkDethbringer
I should also Note me Ships unique Design, it is a Sphere, liek a flying Saucer, it has four Cockpits, for flying in any direction, the bottom has one docking bay in which is on a top liek design that can spin so that the ships dock in any direction it likes

SilentWolf
Hey, I'll definatly join this one it sounds fun. But do we all have to be on our own ships? Can we share a ship maybe? I dont know much about this sort of thing.

DarkDethbringer
its easy to make your own ship if you cant maybe Janick will be kind enough to build one fo you

MadMel
hmm looks interesting..ill decide wether to join or not tomorrow

Twilight Janick
Silent Wolf, I found you a ship that would allow you to fight like mine can:

Interstellar Ship (insert name here)
Daedalus class heavy cruiser

Specs:

Length: 335 m
Width: 192 m
Height: 68 m

ENGINES:
Sublight engines: Earth-Human designed, Asgard-based sublight engines. Improved from Prometheus-class vessels, so at least 95% Speed of Light

Hyperdrive: The Daedalus, the lead ship of the class, can travel at 1.17 million times the speed of light. However, it is possible that the Daedalus is specially-modified by the Asgard for intergalactic travel to Atlantis, and the hyperdrives of subsequent ships of the same class seem to be much slower, taking days to cross the galaxy.

WEAPONS:
Several railgun emplacements
Conventional Missiles
Mark IV nuclear-armed tactical missiles

SHIELDS:
Asgard-type bubble shields; Trinium hull

AUXILLARY CRAFT:
16 F-302 fighter-interceptors

Captain: (insert name here)

The big EH
i think i'll give a shot at this
ships
Nexus and Nucleus, both of the same module and differ only in colour and weapons, made from scratch by my character, samll two man fighters (i'll post pics), two cockpits one in front one in back
Nexus
mainly just basic cannons mainly but theres alot of them, about 25 i think mainly on the bottom, there is two ion cannons
Nucleus weapons
one huge powerful cannon on the bottom four (i came up with these) Scorpian legs which send energy through them and join together and just realease a powerful blast (kinda like miniature, very miniature wersion of the death star main weapons), two bomb holders/releasers, two missles,
Nexus & Nucleus propultion
Hyperspace propultion system
captain of Nexus: James Vetzal
captain of Nucleus:Mike Vetzal (James' son)
both of these ships are the same length of an x-wing and as wide as half of an x-wings wing span

BlaxicanTroller
Victory I-class Star Destroyer(Smallest class of Star Destroyer)

Ship name: The Star Ocean

(Specs)
Classification: Star Destroyer

Length: 900 meters

Crew: 5,200 crewmen

Onboard Compliment: 2,700 troopers
24 starfighters (2 squadrons, one squadron is made up of X-Wings , 2nd squadron is Y-Wings Each squad is lead by one Jedi Starfighter)
5 AT-TE walkers
10 AAC-1 speeders

Weaponry: 10 quad turbolaser batteries (5D)
40 double turbolaser batteries (2D)
80 concussion missile launchers(9D)
10 class II tractor beam projectors
850D per salvo

Hull Plating: 1520 U

Deflector Shielding: 3200 U

Total Defense: 4720 U

(History)

Within Star Wars lore, while similar dagger-hulled warships are said to have existed for thousands of years, the earliest ships called "Star Destroyers" are the 900 m Victory-class and the 1,137 m Venator-class, deployed by the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars, the conflict which saw that once-democratic federation transformed into the autocratic Empire.

Rayden Shiong
Jedi Knight
Human
Captain

Chi Hokan
Jedi Knight
Twi-lek
Commander

DarkDethbringer
looks like we can start!!

MadMel
werent the speeders called ARC-1??

BlaxicanTroller
No. These are a differant kind. ARCs are republic. AAC's are rebellion. Im pretty sure.

MadMel
oh..

The big EH
ARC-01's weren't speeders
oh and mt ship also has tractor beams

KingDubya
I might eventually join this. I just need to find my d20 Future handbook...

The big EH
Originally posted by DarkDethbringer

Specs:

Engines:

Advanced War Vessel Courasant Engine: Capable of capturing most any runaway ships

Gravitic Warp Enabler: one of the fastest way of travel, can move faster than Hyper Drive

Weapons:

24 Plasma Ray Cannons
4 Lazer Beams
4 Missile Launchers

Shields:

Auxiliary craft:

2 Jedi StarFighter

Ship history : The Vindicator has plagued all beings for many years, after Darth Karnack was given the ship by a former Sith Lord he has been a dealy Space Pirate stealing valueables and killing Innocents, stuffing his enourmous ship with Droids and plenty of Supplies teh young Sith has been pilotting for ages, Being a Sqidrian he was an unknown Species which gave him an advantage as others know not what his weaknesses are, that is more than they can say for him.

Passengers: 100 Living Sqidrion Passangers, 200 Pilot, Sniper and Scout Droids, 45 Super Battle Droids, 5 Humans

Noteable People:

Rank: Commander dark jedi and Sith are basically the same thing Dark Jedi was just the early name for Sith before episode 1

BlaxicanTroller
No, Dark Jedi are force users who were ocne Jedi, but left the JEdi Order and became Sith.

Example: Anakin Skywalker is a Dark jedi, though he calls himself a Sith.

The big EH
laughing sith are dark jedi and dark jedi are sith they are the same thing Sidius was called a dark jedi and he was a sith apprentice since day one before episode 1 when lucas came up with the sith order they were called dark jedi

BlaxicanTroller
Thats because he's black no expression

The big EH
wtf

D4th R3v4n
I have a question, are there going to be PvP battles, like QQC? And also... I know absolutely nothing about making ships x.x

DarkDethbringer
look, no tehy arent teh same, DJ is a step down from Sith, Siths are an ancient and powerful race fo The Darkside Force users, as adrk Jedis are an equivalent to Jedi Knights, and Sith Lords are equivalent to a Jedi Master

BlaxicanTroller
I love your grammar DDB. Your so sexy.

MadMel
blink......damn

The big EH
no your still wrong Darth Vader and Darth Sideus were called dark jedi and they were Sith Lords Dark jedi isn't a step down from sith here's how the ranking of sith go
sith apprentice- sith lord- sith master or sith apprentice- sith knight (i know sounds wierd)- Sith lord same thing either way

DarkDethbringer
your retarded, Dark Jedi is not close to Sith yet, they are weaker, once you reach Sith you unlock new more powerful Darkside powers, Sidious and Vader are not called Dark Jeid they are called Sith

D4th R3v4n
Originally posted by D4th R3v4n
I have a question, are there going to be PvP battles, like QQC? And also... I know absolutely nothing about making ships x.x

dots

Originally posted by D4th R3v4n
your retarded, Dark Jedi is not close to Sith yet, they are weaker, once you reach Sith you unlock new more powerful Darkside powers, Sidious and Vader are not called Dark Jeid they are called Sith

jerry

DarkDethbringer
yes, and too bad

D4th R3v4n
Class: Uh... Bit bigger then blaxican's, but barely xP

Name: The Ripper confused

Classification: Star Destroyer

Length: 950 meters

Crew: 6,000 crewmen

Onboard Compliment: 2,700 Troops
28 Fighters, 1 Republic Assault Craft ( 14 x-wings, 7 Y-wings and 7 A-wings)
2 Republic IFT-X Hovertanks
3 AT-RTs
4 BARC Speeders

Weaponry: 4 quad laser cannons
24 Laser cannons
24 Ion cannons
6 projectile launchers each with 16 proton torpedos
2 Ion cannons
1 Tractor beam

(History)
The Ripper is a suped up Star Destroyer with plenty of troops and weapons to boot. It has served in the Republic fleet for a number of years, serving as its back up artillery. Not much to say here, other then its served as the cause for some of the Republic's wins.

Noteable people:

Raith Sarth
Republic War Veteran and Ship commander
Human
General

Corsita Ok'Riv Nonada
Jedi Knight
Kaleesh
Liuetenant General

Nijo Shorill
Jedi Knight
Twi'lek
Major General

(If this is absolutely horrible, slap me, tell me no, and help me do it all over again xP)

KingDubya
Dark Jedi is a generalization for Jedi who have fallen to the dark side. Sith is a term used for the Dark Jedi who have joined the group known as the Sith. After Darth Bane started the Rule of Two, there were only ever two Sith at a time. Any other Jedi who wielded darkside powers were referred to as Dark Jedi. There were only the Sith Master and Sith Apprentice at that time.
During the Old Republic, however, Sith meant a member of the faction known as the Sith, and not all were force users. Some were just grunt soldiers similar to stormtroopers.
Sidious and Vader are called Sith because they are the strongest known of the Dark Jedi, yes, but that doesn't mean that you unlock new dark powers when you become a Sith. Being a Sith just means that you are either the master or the apprentice. Assaj Ventress, who could've been a Sith, was not one because Sidious and Tyranus already filled those roles, so she was referred to as a Dark Jedi.

D4th R3v4n
*Claps.*

Twilight Janick
I requested that this thing be moved into the SW RP section due to the lack of non-SW ships.

BlaxicanTroller
Im changing my character, I'm a pirate ship now. And my Jedi are all Dark Jedi(Which are differant from sith)

DarkDethbringer
COPYING ME!

BlaxicanTroller
I am?

The big EH
wat time period is this?

KingDubya
Originally posted by Twilight Janick
I requested that this thing be moved into the SW RP section due to the lack of non-SW ships.
But I will join, and I won't have a SW ship.

DarkDethbringer
yes you are, mien is a Pirate SHip, and the residents are SIth and Dark Jedis

KingDubya

Specs:

Engines:

Weapons:

24 Plasma Ray Cannons
4 Lazer Beams
4 Missile Launchers

Shields:

Auxiliary craft:

2 Jedi StarFighter

Noteable People:

How is that a pirate ship filled with Sith and Dark Jedi?

DarkDethbringer
its says we are space Pirates in there

KingDubya
But there's one Sith and one Dark Jedi. Not very filled if you ask me.

DarkDethbringer
did I ever say filled? NO

KingDubya
Hmmm... Must've been thinking of another post while typing that up. I've been jumping around between this and two other sites for the past hour.

Twilight Janick
The new ship (to offset the SW content):

RMN Mortgage:

Specs:

Height: 175 meters
Width: 200 meters
Length: 1,200 meters
Crew: 1,475 (mostly humans)

Engines:

Impulse acceleration: 600G (linear max)
Hyperdrive (class 0.8)

Weapons (acquired from the Republic and the Klingon Empire):
38 turbolasers
12 disruptors-X
2 heavy turbolasers
4 quantum torpedo launchers
6 tractor beams
24 ion cannons
50 point-defense guns

Shields:
Standard Klingon-issued shields

Auxiliary craft:
40 LAAT/is (deep space-capable)
100 Ku'Rists (Klingon spacefighters)

Passengers: unknown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.