The Moon Played a role in Creation of *(Life)*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Admiral Akbar
Do you believe we wouldent exist if it wasn't for our moon? Discuss.

Alliance
Its a broad question, with many variables. Tides play a major role in life, as do lunar cycles in biological clocks. The light of the moon was important prior to the electric light, and the moons large size relative to earth helps to stabilize the tilt of our axis and keeps the wobble down.

It cleatly has an impact, a large impact in many cases, but theres too much speculation here for the broad issue.

debbiejo
hmmmmmmmmmmm not in a good way

Tangible God
Without the moon we wouldn't have that kickass song about it hitting eyes like pizza pies.

Alliance
no space race (to the moon)

Admiral Akbar
Hmm, its theorized that the moon created tidal waves that swept minerals and others things from the land into the oceans, and that the two meshed together creating single-celled organisms and then multi-celled organisms and so forth.

The moon is also a deflector like shield from all meteors and asteroids. Our planet could have been bombarded to hell if it wasn't for the moon.

Alliance you made a good point about the tilt axis, that allows the earth to have seasons. If there was no tilt than one whole side of the earth would be winter, the other side would be scorching hot everyday.

But, what I mean is how the moon helped "create" things (for example, where the hell did the dinosaurs come from) not how it helped as a light source, or clocks. Any ideas?

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by debbiejo
hmmmmmmmmmmm not in a good way

.......................... huh

Alliance
you misunderstand my point.

All planets "wobble " on their axis, creatign dramatic fluctuations in climate patterns. THe moons large size helps to reduce earths wobble, minimizing climate shifts, creating a better environment for life to develop.

Alliance
AA you misuderstnad my post. The axis was tilted anyway, but all planet's wobble on their axis. The moon's large size helps to stabilize wobble.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Alliance
you misunderstand my point.

All planets "wobble " on their axis, creatign dramatic fluctuations in climate patterns. THe moons large size helps to reduce earths wobble, minimizing climate shifts, creating a better environment for life to develop.
Thats because they all have moons.
I diden't misundertsand anything. If there was no moon, then there would be no axis. It would spin in one direction. One side always cold. The other always hot. Reason is because of no stability.

Admiral Akbar
AA you misuderstnad my post. The axis was tilted anyway, but all planet's wobble on their axis. The moon's large size helps to stabilize wobble.

No, according to the theory of the moons creation. The impact with another planet and earth changed earths axis rotation. It was never always like that. But indeed, the moon helps stabalize the "wobble."

Alliance
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
No, according to the theory of the moons creation. The impact with another planet and earth changed earths axis rotation. It was never always like that.
We'll yeah, but that doesn't mean its axis was perpendicular to the ecliptic before.

But indeed, the moon helps stabalize the "wobble." this is the important part because it prevents wobble which happens on allplanets regularly. It could easily be devastatign to life on Earth. This isn't a large shift in the axis of rotation, its small variations at the 23.x degrees the axis is tilted at.

Admiral Akbar
We'll yeah, but that doesn't mean its axis was perpendicular to the ecliptic before.

this is the important part because it prevents wobble which happens on allplanets regularly. It could easily be devastatign to life on Earth. This isn't a large shift in the axis of rotation, its small variations at the 23.x degrees the axis is tilted at.

Of course, its just a theory after all.

I know..I never said it was not important. That may very well be the reason the planet was able to sustain life. If a no seasonal planet was able to create 4 seasons from a small shift in the axis, then thats pretty damn impressive. Seems like even the smallest thing matters.

Alliance
This horse is officially beaten to death big grin

Captain REX
Well, we could have all died trying to find our way in the dark while the sun's down, before we could invent electricity. ermm

Alliance
UNlikely, the sun is so bright we can actually see fairly readily at night. Im sure that used to be somewhat selected for as well.

lord xyz
Do you believe we wouldent exist if it wasn't for our moon? Discuss. we would still exist, but we would be comepletely different. Think about it, no moon, no tide so the coasts and oceans would be different, also, the magma acts the same way so mountains and volcanoes would be different, and the weather would be affected, AND if our environment is different, then we would be different because of evolution.

Conclusion: We would still exist but would be different. smile

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Captain REX
Well, we could have all died trying to find our way in the dark while the sun's down, before we could invent electricity. ermm

I asked how it played a role in creation of life, not how it was useful by humans thousands of years later.

Admiral Akbar
This horse is officially beaten to death big grin

confused ?

Lord XYZ-

OK, its a possibility we would exist, but as a different species, but I'm asking how the moon has helped as soon as it was created. Besides creating tides to sweep all minerals from land into the sea, and shielding earth from asteroids.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.