Padawan Obi-Wan vs. Padawan Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eragon993
Who wins

Broly92
Padwan Anakin ucensored2 chair

Razielim
Padawan Kenobi managed to beat Darth Maul. He's also 7 years older than Padawan Skywalker. I say he wins.

kamikz
I'd say Anakin. He was more of a match against Dooku than Obi-Wan was in AOTC, Anakin was also alot more skilled and powerful in the force at this time, mabey even more so than AOTC Kenobi, at least more than TPM Obi....

darthsith19
This has been done before. I say Obi-Wan wins. Anakin's 19 years old and had only been training for 19 years. Obi-Wan's 25, so he's had 24+ years of training.

In terms of saber skills they must be about even. Anakin uses the better form (form 5, Obi-Wan uses Ataru) and is faster that kenobi (when Kenobi isn't using the Dark Side) but I doubt Anakin could beat Maul like Obi-Wan did.

With the Force I go with Obi-Wan, we really don't see Anakin do much except land on Zam's speeder, we see Obi-Wan Force Pushing droids and stuff.

Obi-Wan has more experience. He's less rash then Anakin. Anakin is likely to do something stupid, whereas Obi-Wan is not.

So I go with Obi-Wan. But it'd be a hell of a battle.

Originally posted by kamikz
I'd say Anakin. He was more of a match against Dooku than Obi-Wan was in AOTC, Anakin was also alot more skilled and powerful in the force at this time, mabey even more so than AOTC Kenobi, at least more than TPM Obi....

More powerful with the Force than AOTC Kenobi? Hell no, they were tied in ROTS with the Force so that'd mean Kenobi improved in-between films as much as Anakin did. Anakin *might* be better than TPM Obi-Wan with the Force but if he is it's by very little and Anakin would still get cocky and f*ck up and lose. As for Anakin doesing beter against Dooku, for one thing his form is better against Dooku than Obi-Wan's form is. Anakin's faster than Obi-Wan so Dooku had more trouble parrying his attacks. Anakin had 2 lightsabers for part of the duel and Obi-Wan was alot more worn out than Anakin was when he faced Dooku. Anakin didn't do that mucb better anyways. Who got more injured? Anakin did. If Kenobi hadn't been so tired when he fought Dooku he would have done betetr against him than Anakin did.

Razielim
Anakin's been training for 10 years, BTW.

Count Kent

Null ARC Avis
this is padawan not Atoc or TPM. That includes anakin for the large part of the clone wars. i say anakin.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Razielim
Anakin's been training for 10 years, BTW.
Ah shit, that's what I meant, I was using the number keys at the top of the keyboard and 9's right next to 0 so I accidentally typed 19 instead of 10.

Originally posted by Null ARC Avis
this is padawan not Atoc or TPM. That includes anakin for the large part of the clone wars. i say anakin.
He didn't specify what era he was talking about for both of them. We just assumed he meant AOTC Anakkin vs. TPM Obi-Wan. He never said it was the two of them in their primes. Of course Anakin by the time of Jedi Trial would beat TPM kenobi quite easily, and at the same time TPM Kenobi would pwn Padawan Anakin from Rogue Planet.

kamikz
Originally posted by darthsith19
This has been done before. I say Obi-Wan wins. Anakin's 19 years old and had only been training for 19 years. Obi-Wan's 25, so he's had 24+ years of training.

In terms of saber skills they must be about even. Anakin uses the better form (form 5, Obi-Wan uses Ataru) and is faster that kenobi (when Kenobi isn't using the Dark Side) but I doubt Anakin could beat Maul like Obi-Wan did.

With the Force I go with Obi-Wan, we really don't see Anakin do much except land on Zam's speeder, we see Obi-Wan Force Pushing droids and stuff.

Obi-Wan has more experience. He's less rash then Anakin. Anakin is likely to do something stupid, whereas Obi-Wan is not.

So I go with Obi-Wan. But it'd be a hell of a battle.

More powerful with the Force than AOTC Kenobi? Hell no, they were tied in ROTS with the Force so that'd mean Kenobi improved in-between films as much as Anakin did. Anakin *might* be better than TPM Obi-Wan with the Force but if he is it's by very little and Anakin would still get cocky and f*ck up and lose. As for Anakin doesing beter against Dooku, for one thing his form is better against Dooku than Obi-Wan's form is. Anakin's faster than Obi-Wan so Dooku had more trouble parrying his attacks. Anakin had 2 lightsabers for part of the duel and Obi-Wan was alot more worn out than Anakin was when he faced Dooku. Anakin didn't do that mucb better anyways. Who got more injured? Anakin did. If Kenobi hadn't been so tired when he fought Dooku he would have done betetr against him than Anakin did.

I'd say Anakin is above Obi in swords. Mabey it was because his style was better against Dooku's (proof btw...), but I'd say Anakin was much more worn out against Dooku. He had just gotten fried by lightning and got hit with his head onto a rock wall, that's pretty intense....
Anakin did survive in the battle of geonosis, where many masters actually fell, I could say as well that TPM Obi would not survive there, as you say you don't think AOTC Anakin would stand up to Maul as good as Kenobi. I just saw Kenobi getting his ass kicked many times until he started to use his rage...
And Kenobi would have died if Anakin didn't jump and parry that strike. We can't even know if Anakin was fully healed, but he had to save his master...

Ehhh what? We see Anakin going through a big machine room where he is attacked by awefully many geonosians, where he jumps, dodges, kills, and pushes/lifts many obstacles on the way. Almost everytime Obi does that he is together with Qui-Gon.
Also, it doesn't (as Null ARC Avis says) say AOTC Anakin, it says padawan Anakin, which is after he defeats Assaj Ventress. Anakin showed awesome power there, when Anakin sharpened his mind he kicked her ass, then when he used his anger he kicked her even more. Assaj defeated Obi-Wan, mabey even twice. He also showed some goddamn strong force powers there, and a heck of a swordsmanship....

And no, they were not tied in ROTS, that was just a force push. As it has been said before, you need to be focused when using the force, Anakin was just furious while Obi-Wan was indeed focused. He also had more traning in using the force, especially push (since that is a usual jedi force attack). Still he was only able to stalemate him....

And what is there to say that Anakin would get cocky? If this was an equal fight (like the one he had with Assaj) then he would indeed not get cocky, he would sharpen his mind (like he did there) or use all of his rage against him (which he also did there). Both turned out to be effective. Assaj was indeed above TPM Obi-Wan...

darthsith19
His style was better against Dooku's, as in the ROTS novel it says something like the power of Djem So was to much for Dooku's Makashi or something like that and just look it it, it's pretty obvious. Ture Anakin had just gotten fried but only a little bit, it didn't do any long-term damage, by the time they fought I doubt Anakin was in much pain from it. Obi-Wan got dragged around by Jango, got shot at by Slave I, which blasted him off his feet, he fought Droideka's, fought in the Battle of Geonosis. These events occured over the course of what? 2 days, and in that time, as far as we know, Obi-Wan had nothing to eat, drink, he didn't have alot of rest, can you imagine how much pain he was in?

That's true, but I think Kenobi would survive the Battle of Geonosis. All Anakin really did there was deflect blaster bolts, he wasn't really running around and chopping up droids, plus Padme was helping him. He had cover behind him, all he needed to worry about was what was in front of him. Had he been in the middle of the arena with no cover I think he would have died. And yes, Maul was beating Obi-Wan before Obi-Wan used his anger, but still, had Anakin been there I can't see Maul pushing him in the pit. He only pushed Obi-Wan in there because he couldn't find any otehr way to stop him. If he had been fighting Anakin I bet Anakin would have screwed up and gotten stabbed.,

Anakin would have died, too, if Yoda didn't enter. When Anakin saved Obi-Wan he didn't look like he was in any pain.

That is true, but Anakin is stupid, Obi-Wan would have stayed on Tatioone. And I can see Obi-Wan being able to do that, too, can't you?

Padawan Anakin is also when he's still a kid, like in Rogue Planet.

I thought Anakin's rage gave him power. It's true that Anakin was furious but his mind seemed focused on killing Obi-Wan. IMO ROTS Obi-Wan and Anakin are tied with the Force and Anakin's slightly better with a lightsaber.

Yes, and I agree than that version of Anakin would beat TPM Obi-Wan. But look at the fight between Anakin and Asajj. Asajj only loses because she gets overconfident, something we've never seen happen to Obi-Wan ever. IMO the difference between Asajj and Anakin in the Cartoon is equal to the difference between AOTC Anakin and Obi-Wan with Obi-Wan being the equivelent to Asajj except if Kenobi disarms Anakin and it seems like he's about to win Obi-Wan won't get cokcy like Asajj did.

kamikz
His style was better against Dooku's, as in the ROTS novel it says something like the power of Djem So was to much for Dooku's Makashi or something like that and just look it it, it's pretty obvious. Ture Anakin had just gotten fried but only a little bit, it didn't do any long-term damage, by the time they fought I doubt Anakin was in much pain from it. Obi-Wan got dragged around by Jango, got shot at by Slave I, which blasted him off his feet, he fought Droideka's, fought in the Battle of Geonosis. These events occured over the course of what? 2 days, and in that time, as far as we know, Obi-Wan had nothing to eat, drink, he didn't have alot of rest, can you imagine how much pain he was in?

That's true, but I think Kenobi would survive the Battle of Geonosis. All Anakin really did there was deflect blaster bolts, he wasn't really running around and chopping up droids, plus Padme was helping him. He had cover behind him, all he needed to worry about was what was in front of him. Had he been in the middle of the arena with no cover I think he would have died. And yes, Maul was beating Obi-Wan before Obi-Wan used his anger, but still, had Anakin been there I can't see Maul pushing him in the pit. He only pushed Obi-Wan in there because he couldn't find any otehr way to stop him. If he had been fighting Anakin I bet Anakin would have screwed up and gotten stabbed.,

Anakin would have died, too, if Yoda didn't enter. When Anakin saved Obi-Wan he didn't look like he was in any pain.

That is true, but Anakin is stupid, Obi-Wan would have stayed on Tatioone. And I can see Obi-Wan being able to do that, too, can't you?

Padawan Anakin is also when he's still a kid, like in Rogue Planet.

I thought Anakin's rage gave him power. It's true that Anakin was furious but his mind seemed focused on killing Obi-Wan. IMO ROTS Obi-Wan and Anakin are tied with the Force and Anakin's slightly better with a lightsaber.

Yes, and I agree than that version of Anakin would beat TPM Obi-Wan. But look at the fight between Anakin and Asajj. Asajj only loses because she gets overconfident, something we've never seen happen to Obi-Wan ever. IMO the difference between Asajj and Anakin in the Cartoon is equal to the difference between AOTC Anakin and Obi-Wan with Obi-Wan being the equivelent to Asajj except if Kenobi disarms Anakin and it seems like he's about to win Obi-Wan won't get cokcy like Asajj did.

Obi had much time to rest between all those things that happened to him. True, he didn't get anything to eat for a while, but that didn't seem to tire him either. So if you think that Anakin doesn't LOOK tired, than I say Obi doesn't either. But the fact that Anakin had been fried, and had his head hit in the wall. From what we know, he could have been dizzy as hell, or it just recently went off. It's a pain in the ass to get up and fight that quickly after such a fatal blow. You can hear Anakin scream when he jumps, he is first in the same position as he was when he got fried, then he screams and jumps forward. I don't think Anakin was fully healed, but he had to save his master, he had no other choice....

We saw masters going down against to many battle droids, and Padme was actually the main target of the separtists and the droids, so I bet Anakin had quite a large job to do....
I think Anakin could have stood up to Maul better than Obi actually. I don't think Maul pushed Obi down because he would loose otherwise, we clearly see that after Obi crushed his staff, Maul sharpened up. He kicks Obi once, but Obi manages to land on his feet. Then Maul continues the duel by doing flips and other stuff, actually taunting Obi-Wan, doing hand gestures and other stuff. I don't think he was very serious. And if the hole werent there, Obi had fallen on the ground and lost his saber, Kenobi lost the saber when he was pushed, thus lost the duel anyway....

I know, the thing is that you said that Anakin got more wounded by Dooku, like that is more of a failure. But the thing is that without Anakin, Obi would have died there, so I don't think that counts. (And it shouldn't anyway)

Huh? Anakin is FAR from stupid. And he was said to protect Padme, that was his first priority. Padme would have left with or without him, he had to follow. (Though I must agree that he was happy with it, but still.....)

Yeah, padawan Obi could also be when he was a kid, like in "the Dark Rival". (It is directly translated from Swedish so it might not have the same name on english).

I just think Anakin was mad, he didn't look consentrated, he had his guard by his side all the time and usually walked after Obi, he looked mad as hell. He was clearly not focusing and that is very visible in the end when he does that stupid move.... Yoda showed in ESB that you need absolute consentration when using the force....

I assume you ment to say Assaj instead of Anakin. (Otherwise the debate would be over now).
I don't think that's the deal actually. Assaj was actually loosing to Anakin before that, he disarmed her, then she escaped. Then she did a surprise ambush but Anakin survived it. Then she wounded him a little and then Anakin was tossed away quite a bit. Then both concentrated, (Anakin did more than he did before) and he totally kicked her ass. We can see fear when Assaj hides in the temple, tries to kill him from behind but fails, then when she tosses things at him with the force which he easily parrys and sends back. Then he effortlessly lifts his saber with the force without even raising a hand. (Done by Kreia in KOTOR 2, but with 3 instead of 1, and she attacks with them too). Then he defeats her... Assaj used the element of surprise 3 times during their duel, got overpowered twice in the saber battle and got overpowered by Anakin in the force too....

jollyjim311
Obi Wan didn't begin his training until he was 13, if I'm not mistaken. He doesn't have many years on Anakin.

Razielim
? He didn't begin his Padawan-ship until he was 13 but he had gone through the youngling training stages. Obi-Wan would have had to taught Anakin all the basic stuff, so he'd have to catch up.

darthsith19
Obi-Wan drew power from the Force. When your in pain your in pain. Anakin and Obi-Wan both showed pain after the duel with Dooku, after Dooku fled. Jedi clearly show pain.

That's true, as for the scream, dude, that's a battle cry, not a shout of pain, though, and how the hell was he supposed to jump? He had been laying there for some time, healing himself.

Padme the main target of the Separatists? What the hell? Nute Gunray and Rune Hakko were obsessed with killing her, the other Separatists didn't give a f*ck, the main target? No, far from it. If she was really the main target then Jango would have gone after her, not Mace.

No, Maul didn't push Kenobi down cause otherwise he'd lose, it was the best way to stop him. I can't see him putting Anakin into the hole, Anakin is to agressive, besides, there no way Anakin would have locked sabers with Maul like Obi-Wan did.

But without Yoda there Anaakin would have died, too. During the duel Anakin got off worse. The worser the injury the worse you did agianst your opponent. If Anakin had gotten his legs chopped off, too, like in ROTS, he'd have done worse, right? Kenobi just got hit on the arm and the leg, Anakin lost half his arm. That's a bad injury. I really don't think Anakin did any worse, I say they both put up an equal fight against Dooku.

Your fooling yourself. Anakin had it in his power to stop Padme easily. He could have stopped her, you can't deny that. Obi-wan would have.

So should we just assume that it's AOTC Anakin and TPM Obi-Wan or wait till Eragon993 tells us which versions they are?

Look at Anakin's face. he's angry, yes, but he's focused too, ad focused as it is possible to be in the middle of a duel. Sore he was getting a bit reckless with his lightsaber, but he seemed focused then.

Wha? When?

Asajj isn't afraid when she runs and hides, she's using surprise to ehr advantage and it almost works. She tosses bricks at Anakin and gets him with a Force push. He only won cause he used the dark side and she got overconfident. If she hadn't gotten overconfident she'd have slices him in half as soon as she disarmed him, not waited till he thought of grabbing her wrists or made any other move.

Eragon993
the fight is when both of them are in their prime

Captain REX
In their prime as Padawans, I think you mean. Their prime was ROTS, and they weren't Padawans then. stick out tongue

kamikz
Obi-Wan drew power from the Force. When your in pain your in pain. Anakin and Obi-Wan both showed pain after the duel with Dooku, after Dooku fled. Jedi clearly show pain.

That's true, as for the scream, dude, that's a battle cry, not a shout of pain, though, and how the hell was he supposed to jump? He had been laying there for some time, healing himself.

Padme the main target of the Separatists? What the hell? Nute Gunray and Rune Hakko were obsessed with killing her, the other Separatists didn't give a f*ck, the main target? No, far from it. If she was really the main target then Jango would have gone after her, not Mace.

No, Maul didn't push Kenobi down cause otherwise he'd lose, it was the best way to stop him. I can't see him putting Anakin into the hole, Anakin is to agressive, besides, there no way Anakin would have locked sabers with Maul like Obi-Wan did.

But without Yoda there Anaakin would have died, too. During the duel Anakin got off worse. The worser the injury the worse you did agianst your opponent. If Anakin had gotten his legs chopped off, too, like in ROTS, he'd have done worse, right? Kenobi just got hit on the arm and the leg, Anakin lost half his arm. That's a bad injury. I really don't think Anakin did any worse, I say they both put up an equal fight against Dooku.

Your fooling yourself. Anakin had it in his power to stop Padme easily. He could have stopped her, you can't deny that. Obi-wan would have.

So should we just assume that it's AOTC Anakin and TPM Obi-Wan or wait till Eragon993 tells us which versions they are?

Look at Anakin's face. he's angry, yes, but he's focused too, ad focused as it is possible to be in the middle of a duel. Sore he was getting a bit reckless with his lightsaber, but he seemed focused then.

Wha? When?

Asajj isn't afraid when she runs and hides, she's using surprise to ehr advantage and it almost works. She tosses bricks at Anakin and gets him with a Force push. He only won cause he used the dark side and she got overconfident. If she hadn't gotten overconfident she'd have slices him in half as soon as she disarmed him, not waited till he thought of grabbing her wrists or made any other move.

What are you talking about? Yes they draw power from the force, but there is actually no proof that Obi was more tired than Anakin. Anakin had just gotten hurt badly, and clearly he was not going up at that moment, he was still moaning and were still lying in that position. I bet if he could choose he would have layed there a longer time to heal, but we see him get up the precise moment Dooku is going to execute Obi....

Yeah, mabey your right. But it doesn't sound much of a battle cry....

Jango got out by his own will if I remember right, he didn't have to. Padme was still a large target to the separtists, at least those two. There were certainley many droids coming against her. And Anakin didn't stand the whole battle at that place....

So again it was luck because there was a hole, certainley not a part of Obi's style. And now you are saying that Obi's style is better against Maul cause it is not as aggressive thus leading him to trick Maul? Then why don't you agree about the Dooku part with Anakin? I'd say Anakin would put a much better fight against Maul cause he is to agressive and a good swordsman, mabey loose but still put up a better fight. Maul had after all just defeated a jedi master, fought both at once, where he kicked Obi hard. You can say that it was Obi-Wan's lucky day, this isn't his lucky day, this is a normal day.
And we can't deside anything on what you think would happen, nor what I think, so it is really not possible.....

No it is not. Obi had a MUCH shorter duel with Dooku with swords, and then he also went down in a saber lock, he still got wounded at two places and was easily taken down. Anakin stood up to Dooku kinda okay actually, Dooku was not toying with him at least....
And you can't say that if you get a bigger wound you have done a lesser job. Did Dooku do worse against Anakin than Assaj Ventress? Did Durge do worse against Obi-Wan because he lost his body, got pierced and two got two arms cut off while Grievous only lost two arms then died?

Oh yeah, what would he do, kidnapp her? Force her to stay against her own will? His priority was to protect her, not kidnapp her. If he would have taken her back to Lars home she might have snuck out at night to go there or anything else, except if they are going to kidnapp her.
Anakin liked her idea, it was smart and did NOT disobey the jedi's orders really. You can't possibly tell what Obi would have done.

Mabey that they are Padawans at their primes. As you said, even ROTS Anakin has less experience than TPM Obi, so shouldn't we give Anakin a little more experience than AOTC? Why should we take Obi-Wan one day from knight hood and Anakin 1 month from knight hood? ( Or however long it is).

Anakin doesn't seem very focused, he just seems to be angry....

You said, "I know any version of Anakin can beat TPM Obi-Wan...). I assumed you ment Assaj because otherwise we would not debate anymore....

Let's see, first he disarms her, she hides. You can see that she is a little scared. She does some traps, fling things, break the ground Anakin is standing on a such. (This is not visible in the video I have posted now) Then the battle continues and she gets him with a force push that sends him flying. Now Anakin focuses and kicks her ass hard, she tries to toss a big pillar at him, fails. She tries to push him, fails. Instead, he pushes the pillar back and nearly crushes her then pushes her through a wall. You can see that Assaj is scared shitless at this point. In the end, Assaj manages to disarm Anakin (which Anakin already had done once to her, so that doesn't mean a shit), but Anakin takes one of her swords, then kicks her ass with his hate.....
If Assaj didn't need all this sneaky assassination stuff then she wouldn't have used it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SUq8xbNys0&search=Star%20Wars%20Clone%20Anakin

kamikz
Ok here I found the clip where he disarms Assaj, then she uses tricks and a terrain that is perfect to an assassin like her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOJY4DIl12g&search=Star%20Wars%20Clone%20Wars%20

overlord
Padawan Obi-Wan at the point where he was nearly a jedi knight already versus padawan Anakin who just started.. Hmmm.. tough call..

darthsith19
Whatever, it doesn't matter anymore. This is Anakin as in Jedi Trail. He beats TPM Obi-Wan in 30 seconds tops. By now he's quite a bit ahead of Kenobi in both saber skills and with the Force, and even as smart.

Kaithen
WOW! i love your post Kamikz, they are so long that i dont have time to read them.. i like that....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.