Are you not believing or not receiving?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Justbyfaith
I am convinced that those who say they don't believe in God, simply refuse to receive Him. The scriptures below validate this statement:

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them."

Romans 1:18-19suppress the truth what may be known of God is manifest in them

Regret
Originally posted by Justbyfaith
I am convinced that those who say they don't believe in God, simply refuse to receive Him.

Yes, this is absolutely true. You do not believe that atheism is correct. Are you refusing to receive it? I would say yes. Does this impact the truthfulness of either side of the debate? No, they are dependant on personal belief.

I believe in God. But when interacting with people that do not, I attempt to look at the issue from their side as well.

Shakyamunison
I am convinced that those who say they don't believe in God, simply refuse to receive Him. The scriptures below validate this statement:

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them."

If god is a "Him" then this god is limited.

Storm

Can' t you bear the thought of others holding different beliefs?

Templares
Yep. I refuse to believe on something that doesnt exist. You cant receive anything from something that doesnt exist.

Justbyfaith
Originally posted by Storm
Can' t you bear the thought of others holding different beliefs?

Hi Storm,

I held many different beliefs before. I have no problem with people who have different beliefs. The point of this thread is to show that God has revealed Himself and in His love for us He has given us the ability to have the freedom to choose to not accept Him. He has done this so that we can't say "I never had an opportunity to know Him". He did not make us robots. It's as simple as that.

Shakyamunison
Hi Storm,

I held many different beliefs before. I have no problem with people who have different beliefs. The point of this thread is to show that God has revealed Himself and in His love for us He has given us the ability to have the freedom to choose to not accept Him. He has done this so that we can't say "I never had an opportunity to know Him". He did not make us robots. It's as simple as that.

But what about those people who believe that God is within each of us and that you cannot be separated from God, because we are part of God? Your idea of a choice, to people like me, is silly. I am not rejecting anything, there is nothing to be saved from.

Regret
I don't think I understand the point to this thread.

Is it just saying if you don't believe in God you are going to hell because you had the choice whether or not to believe?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Regret

Is it just saying if you don't believe in God you are going to hell because you had the choice whether or not to believe?

I think you got it. Not a friendly thread.

If I said to you "be my friend and I'll be good to you, but if you choose not to be my friend, I will hurt you forever", would you want to be my friend?

Ritoshi
Originally posted by Shakyamunison

If I said to you "be my friend and I'll be good to you, but if you choose not to be my friend, I will hurt you forever", would you want to be my friend? Yes eek! but in fear evil face

Justbyfaith
But what about those people who believe that God is within each of us and that you cannot be separated from God, because we are part of God? Your idea of a choice, to people like me, is silly. I am not rejecting anything, there is nothing to be saved from.

Shakeyamunison,

This is not my idea. I just showed you what the bible says.

Ritoshi
Free will= Follow jesus or burn forever in hell with no cookies laughing

Shakyamunison
Shakeyamunison,

Maybe the bible is wrong. wink

Justbyfaith

The verse I think says that God will someday punish sin in this world. I think the verse says that people, "suppress the truth" of God in thier own hearts. I am sure we all (including myself) will be accountable for what we do or don't do with Him because he has made Himself known to us.

Storm
Hence his username, just by faith.

Justbyfaith
Maybe the bible is wrong. wink

Well, like I said on previous threads Shaky. Do a very in depth investigation and see if it's so for yourself. Don't listen to me. Check it out on your own.

Ritoshi
Hence his username, just by faith. Does storm believe in the devil eek!

Storm
No, I don' t believe in a literal anthropomorphic deity.

Ritoshi
No, I don' t believe in a literal anthropomorphic deity. Not when you say it like that shock

Shakyamunison
Well, like I said on previous threads Shaky. Do a very in depth investigation and see if it's so for yourself. Don't listen to me. Check it out on your own.

I don't need anything from the bible. I have no questions that I haven't found the answer to, in the bible.

I have found a better religion for me, then Christianity. It my be right for you, and I am glad if it is, but it only means suffering to me. I now seek my trues from the Lotus sutra. cool

Regret

If I said to you "be my friend and I'll be good to you, but if you choose not to be my friend, I will hurt you forever", would you want to be my friend?

I'd start a thread, but don't know how to phrase the subject for it. Well, decided to start it wink

Ritoshi
I don't need anything from the bible. I have no questions that I haven't found the answer to, in the bible.

I have found a better religion for me, then Christianity. It my be right for you, and I am glad if it is, but it only means suffering to me. I now seek my trues from the Lotus sutra. cool Well you accualy read the Bible eek! all of it smokin' Most people never even read one and try to force there believes evil face

Justbyfaith

I have found a better religion for me, then Christianity. It my be right for you, and I am glad if it is, but it only means suffering to me. I now seek my trues from the Lotus sutra. cool

Isn't it funny how we all find our own truths? Think about it. cool

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Ritoshi
Well you accualy read the Bible eek! all of it smokin' Most people never even read one and try to force there believes evil face

I have read the bible from cover to cover, well, I cheated. I knew someone who had the bible on tape, and I had a really boring job. wink I did study a great deal and I realized that what the bible was saying was not what my teachers were saying, so I left.

Templares
The Bible certainly has plenty of holes.

Justbyfaith
Originally posted by Templares
The Bible certainly has plenty of holes.

Huh, how many days, weeks, months or years would you need to build a credible case against the authenticity of the bible Templares?

Shakyamunison
Huh, how many days, weeks, months or years would you need to build a credible case against the authenticity of the bible Templares?

You have a strange way of replying. If I didn't know better, I would think it was childishness. wink

marcu
I hear what you are saying completly JUSTBYFAITH! And i love your user name! smile

Templares

I dont have a Bible currently but anyway:

Herod claimed that Jesus is John the Baptist brought back to life after he heard about the miracles that Jesus was performing (Not the exact words).

This passage presents the following contradictions:

1. Why would Herod think that JC is John the Baptist, given that both preachers are contemporaries?
2. Why didnt Herod draw the conclusion that Jesus is the coming Messiah that John the Baptist has been preaching about? The Bible writes that Herod spent lengthy times conversing with John in prison.

And also this:

Matt. 27:50-54.
"And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit . . . . the earth shook and the rocks split. The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life . They came out of the tombs and after Jesus resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people"

This particular miracle STOMPS Jesus' Resurrection. And take note, this miracle supposedly has many witnesses, how come the other Gospel writers and Josephus miss this?

Justbyfaith
I dont have a Bible currently but anyway:

Herod claimed that Jesus is John the Baptist brought back to life after he heard about the miracles that Jesus was performing (Not the exact words).

This passage presents the following contradictions:

1. Why would Herod think that JC is John the Baptist, given that both preachers are contemporaries?
2. Why didnt Herod draw the conclusion that Jesus is the coming Messiah that John the Baptist has been preaching about? The Bible writes that Herod spent lengthy times conversing with John in prison.

And also this:

Matt. 27:50-54.
"And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit . . . . the earth shook and the rocks split. The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life . They came out of the tombs and after Jesus resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people"

This particular miracle STOMPS Jesus' Resurrection. And take note, this miracle supposedly has many witnesses, how come the other Gospel writers and Josephus miss this?

? Well first of all Templares, please don't place your eternal security on Herod's opinions about who John was. And second, how does this verse you quoted STOMP Jesus Resurrection?

Justbyfaith
? Well first of all Templares, please don't place your eternal security on Herod's opinions about who John was. And second, how does this verse you quoted STOMP Jesus Resurrection?

Thier are only 44 authors in the Holy Bible. The others you quoted are not considered as credible witnesses and writtings were not included in the original Holy Scripture Cannon.

Shakyamunison
Thier are only 44 authors in the Holy Bible. The others you quoted are not considered as credible witnesses and writtings were not included in the original Holy Scripture Cannon.

We do not know how many authors there is to the bible. Show your proof.

Justbyfaith
We do not know how many authors there is to the bible. Show your proof.

Simply open up your bible and count. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Templares

Dont worry i dont.

I also dont place my eternal security on "divinely inspired" evangelists who couldnt even make their stories straight.

And the passage wasnt referring to John, it was referring to Jesus. Why did Herod say that Jesus is John the Baptist . . . . brought back to life?

Justbyfaith
Dont worry i dont.

I also dont place my eternal security on "divinely inspired" evangelists who couldnt even make their stories straight.

And the passage wasnt referring to John, it was referring to Jesus. Why did Herod say that Jesus is John the Baptist . . . . brought back to life?

Possibly Herod had to many cold ones? Who knows...

Templares
Jesus' Resurrection, which is only the resurrection of one man who had died only 3 days ago, wouldnt hold a candle to the MASS resurrection of HOLY MEN as recounted in Matt. 27:50-54.

Shakyamunison
Simply open up your bible and count. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Matthew, Mark, Luke & John were not written my Matthew, Mark, Luke & John. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Templares
Possibly Herod had to many cold ones? Who knows...

"cold ones"? What is this?

Justbyfaith
Matthew, Mark, Luke & John were not written my Matthew, Mark, Luke & John. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Once again, many accusations yet no facts. How many days, weeks, months or years will you need to verify this? You have all the time you need, plus with the internet you have all the resources available at your fingertips. embarrasment

debbiejo
Faith doesn't have anything to do with the corrupted bible or any other books....faith imo is believing in something greater than us,.....something that we can not really understand.

Justbyfaith
"cold ones"? What is this?

Just letting you see that I am no different than you. Just forgiven.

debbiejo
Just letting you see that I am no different than you. Just forgiven. Forgiven??????????

for what? being human? For the taking part of the "Tree of Knowledge?'

doesn't god in the bible say " Come reason with me".......isn't that taking part of Knowledge???

think...........are we to be punished for doing that and all the bizillions here on earth.

Justbyfaith
Originally posted by debbiejo
Forgiven??????????

for what? being human? For the taking part of the "Tree of Knowledge?'

doesn't god in the bible say " Come reason with me".......isn't that taking part of Knowledge???

think...........are we to be punished for doing that and all the bizillions here on earth.

Did you read the opening Thread scripture? This will answer your question Debbie.

Arachnoidfreak

IF you prove your statement with scripture, then of course you're going to be convinved by your own religion.

What impeccable logic you Christians have. How about proving something without the Bible for once?

Regret
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
IF you prove your statement with scripture, then of course you're going to be convinved by your own religion.

What impeccable logic you Christians have. How about proving something without the Bible for once?

That is like someone telling the scientist "How about proving something without science for once?"

Arachnoidfreak
Not really. Because a scientist doesn't have to perform the experiment to get the result. A reslut anyone can feel, see, hear, taste, and smell. But apparently you have to be Christian to recieve God's goodness and pass over all f the inconsistencies of the Bible.

Second reason that's a crap analogy: Science changes as new and more concrete evidence is found. Religion is rigid, and doesn't allow for a change.

Justbyfaith

Why?

" Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him."

Proverbs 30:5

Justbyfaith
Not really. Because a scientist doesn't have to perform the experiment to get the result. A reslut anyone can feel, see, hear, taste, and smell. But apparently you have to be Christian to recieve God's goodness and pass over all f the inconsistencies of the Bible.

Second reason that's a crap analogy: Science changes as new and more concrete evidence is found. Religion is rigid, and doesn't allow for a change.

Truth is also fixed and unchangeable and not based on feelings.

Templares
Just letting you see that I am no different than you. Just forgiven.

What the hell does this mean? "Just forgiven"?

First off, i dont need to ask forgiveness to someone or something who hasnt even been proven to exist.

Second, I was baptized as a Christian Catholic when i was young. Going by Christian theology, i'm currently free of the concept of original sin even if im an atheist. So really no need to ask for forgiveness.

TRUTH and religious teachings ARE NOT one and the same.

Arachnoidfreak
Why?

" Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him."

Yea, that's the problem, you don't have any proof that God's word is true other than from a book that was actually written and heavily edited by human beings.

I bet if I told you I am Jesus Christ's second coming and I wrote a book about it as proof, you wouldn't believe me. Why? No outside proof. Same concept with the Bible.

Truth is also fixed and unchangeable and not based on feelings.

TRUTH and religious teachings ARE NOT one and the same.

I'm glad he said it before I did. The Bible says there are four corners to the earth. Still think that's true today? Or that the earth is the center of the universe? Just because something is unchanging doesn't mean it's true. That's the worst connection I've even heard.

Alliance
applause

Alliance
yes bunny

debbiejo
question Debbie....NO, but that's not unusual for me........sorry.

Alliance
transmitter's broken

Regret
Originally posted by Alliance
transmitter's broken

Nah, the moon knocked it, now due to the tilt of the earth we can't receive it any more wink oops right thread

Lord Urizen

So how come when I used to be a devout Christian I was so miserable? Now that I am agnostic and proud of being who I am ( a human being, a bisexual, an artist, a liberal, etc) I am so happy?

Oh wait...maybe I wasn't Christian enough..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alliance
maybe your transmitter was broken

Justbyfaith
Yea, that's the problem, you don't have any proof that God's word is true other than from a book that was actually written and heavily edited by human beings.

No problem, how many days, weeks, months or years would you need to disprove the Bible? With all the resources available to you at your fingertips...how much time would you need to make a convincing case against Jesus and the Bible? Let's call this a challenge for you. Will you accept?

Justbyfaith
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
So how come when I used to be a devout Christian I was so miserable? Now that I am agnostic and proud of being who I am ( a human being, a bisexual, an artist, a liberal, etc) I am so happy?

Oh wait...maybe I wasn't Christian enough..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Did you have a relationship with Jesus then? Or just a religion?

Shakyamunison

Justbyfaith

Shakyamunison

Bardock42
I'm neither.

debbiejo
You would think Jesus would of wrote his own book. He was literate, since he got up to read in the Temple.....

But there are none.........makes you wonder why????

Shakyamunison
You would think Jesus would of wrote his own book. He was literate, since he got up to read in the Temple.....

But there are none.........makes you wonder why????

Maybe the Church hid them away because they didn't agree with Paul (the anti Christ). wink

Justbyfaith

Shakyamunison
No facts Shaky? Not good man. confused This wouldn't hold up in the court of law. rolling on floor laughing

If you give facts then I'll take the time, otherwise, I don't care.

debbiejo
Maybe the Church hid them away because they didn't agree with Paul (the anti Christ). wink Yes, Paul taught against what Jesus was teaching in many areas.........yep

So, really Paul is anti Jesus...........

Justbyfaith

Shakyamunison
I have nothing to prove Shaky. I am the accused on this thread. It would be your job as the Prosecutor in the court of Law to prove the innocent as guilty.

This is the Case to disprove:

1. The Bible is not the word of God.

2. Jesus is not who He said He was.

Simple as that friends.

"Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him."

No!

I say the bible is just a book. You claim that it is more. All I have to prove is that it is a book, and I can go down to a book store and prove that.

I say Jesus was a person. You claim that he was more. I agree, he was more, and so are you and me. We are all sons and daughters of God.

Adam_PoE
I have nothing to prove Shaky. I am the accused on this thread. It would be your job as the Prosecutor in the court of Law to prove the innocent as guilty.

This is the Case to disprove:

1. The Bible is not the word of God.

2. Jesus is not who He said He was.

Simple as that friends.

"Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him."

How many times must it be explained to you that a negative cannot be proven and that one making a positive claim has the burden of proof to substantiate it?

In a criminal court case, the prosecutor makes a positive claim, i.e. the defendent is guilty, and has the burden of proof to substantiate that claim. Similarly, you are making a positive claim, i.e. the Bible is the inerrant word of God. Therefore, you have the burden of proof to substantiate that:

A god exists.

This god is the same one that you believe in.

The Bible is indeed inerrant.

The Bible is inspired by God.

By all means, start proving.

Justbyfaith
No!

I say the bible is just a book. You claim that it is more. All I have to prove is that it is a book, and I can go down to a book store and prove that.

I say Jesus was a person. You claim that he was more. I agree, he was more, and so are you and me. We are all sons and daughters of God.

The Bible is a book=Correct!

Jesus was a person=Correct!

100% correct so far! Happy Dance

Justbyfaith
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
How many times must it be explained to you that a negative cannot be proven and that one making a positive claim has the burden of proof to substantiate it?

In a criminal court case, the prosecutor makes a positive claim, i.e. the defendent is guilty, and has the burden of proof to substantiate that claim. Similarly, you are making a positive claim, i.e. the Bible is the inerrant word of God. Therefore, you have the burden of proof to substantiate that:

A god exists.

This god is the same one that you believe in.

The Bible is indeed inerrant.

The Bible is inspired by God.

By all means, start proving.

He has done it for me. Read Romans Chapter 1. smile

Shakyamunison

Who is "He"? confused

Adam_PoE

Read a logic textbook. God exists because the Bible says so, and the Bible is inerrant because God says so? Nice circular reasoning. Try again.

Justbyfaith
Who is "He"? confused

Please join my new thread.

Justbyfaith
Read a logic textbook. God exists because the Bible says so, and the Bible is inerrant because God says so? Nice circular reasoning. Try again.

Justbyfaith
Yes, Paul taught against what Jesus was teaching in many areas.........yep

So, really Paul is anti Jesus...........

Adam_PoE

Please substantiate the claim you made, i.e. the Bible is the inerrant word of God instead of retreating into another thread.

Justbyfaith
Please substantiate the claim you made, i.e. the Bible is the inerrant word of God instead of retreating into another thread.

This is futile Adam_PoE,

You would not listen anyway...

He has already revealed Himself, but mankind has suppressed the truth. embarrasment

Shakyamunison
This is futile Adam_PoE,

He has already revealed Himself, but mankind has suppressed the truth. embarrasment

Do you have a persecution complex? We just want you to step into the real world and give us proof.

Justbyfaith
Do you have a persecution complex? We just want you to step into the real world and give us proof.

Look around you dear friends. Look at your hands...look at your faces...look in the mirror and ask yourselves the question,

" Am I the result of time and chance?"

Really folks roll eyes (sarcastic) Look around you...

Is it all one big mistake? No designer? No creator? Just happened huh?

Common folks,...be honest with yourselves.

Shakyamunison
Look around you dear friends. Look at your hands...look at your faces...look in the mirror and ask yourselves the question,

Nothing happens by chance, cause and effect is the driving force.

I am the product of over 4 billion years of evolution.

No designer is needed, and there is no point of creation to the universe.

Bardock42

I think it is most likely chance, yes.

But why the Christian God? Why not the Muslim, or the Roman ones? Why not the Indiand gods? Even of you believe in a designer. Why the God of the New Testament? Totally no reason for that.

Adam_PoE
This is futile Adam_PoE,

In other words, you cannot.

Shakyamunison
This is futile Adam_PoE,

It is okay if you cannot prove something that you believe, because belief has it's own reward. The problem is when you berate others who believe differently; then you have to prove yourself.

Alliance

Do you really think you're so special that you couldnt have happened by chance? The fact are clearly in favor of the evolution. YOU are blind by referenceing nothing else other than the Bible and your own opinion. Just bacuse you think so, doesnt make it so. We have evidence. You have conjecture.

Mindship
If I were, truly, the Prince of Lies, I'd write a book claiming it was the Word of God. I'd further make sure everyone was so convinced of its authenticity, that they would accept no other POV. While defending the book and its writings with every fiber of their being, they'd never know, never suspect the truth.

Ah, what a great day's work that would be.

debbiejo
The Bible is a book=Correct!

Jesus was a person=Correct!

100% correct so far! Happy Dance Jesus was probably a man, just like another, and with a message........nothing more

He wasn't even considered divine until 325AD...

Alliance
The best part is, you dont even need to be the devil to do that yes

debbiejo
Devil??? Now you shouldn't think yourself in that "Christian" view........lol

BTW Receiving is what we aught to be doing, not asking..........not begging for what ever............

Alliance
yes...heaven forbid we weren't mindless obediant slaves and questioned authority.

debbiejo
And again there is a scripture like that ...."Come let us REASON together (speaking of god)".......Which goes against the "Tree of knowledge"........the wanted knowledge, but when they got it, were condemned............like huh huh

Alliance
The snake has also been a symbol of enlightenment through history.

debbiejo
The snake has also been a symbol of enlightenment through history. Yes!! Very much so, and the church again make it a symbol of evil..........god, look at our medical symbol..........It's a snake!!

In history, the snake meant WISE.

Alliance
Imagine that. The church saying knowledge is evil... no expression

Shakyamunison
Imagine that. The church saying knowledge is evil... no expression

You are not supposed to know that. eek!

debbiejo
but their knowledge speaks for god........hmmm no The church speaking for god along with all the prophecies and "Words of Knowledge?" as said as a spiritual gift.......hmmmm

Alliance
You are not supposed to know that. eek!

Oh. embarrasment

Shakyamunison
but their knowledge speaks for god........hmmm no The church speaking for god along with all the prophecies and "Words of Knowledge?" as said as a spiritual gift.......hmmmm

IMO the true church of Jesus was the Gnostics and they got killed off by the Roman church.

debbiejo
IMO the true church of Jesus was the Gnostics and they got killed off by the Roman church. Really could be because of their inner knowledge, and also look what James the brother of Jesus taught (not the one mentions in the bible though"............Jesus wanted him to lead the teachings............But Paul the heretic stepped in instead!!

Alliance
I thought Jesus' brother was Jerry.

debbiejo
Lewis??

Shakyamunison
I thought Jesus' brother was Jerry.

I wish I understood that, it just sounds like it would be funny. wink

Alliance
Robin Williams.

Justbyfaith
Nothing happens by chance, cause and effect is the driving force.

I am the product of over 4 billion years of evolution.

No designer is needed, and there is no point of creation to the universe.

Now I call that true faith! big grin

Justbyfaith
It is okay if you cannot prove something that you believe, because belief has it's own reward. The problem is when you berate others who believe differently; then you have to prove yourself.

I am not accusing anyone Shaky...The Holy Spirit is doing the convicting here...

Shakyamunison
I am not accusing anyone Shaky...The Holy Spirit is doing the convicting here...

I don't think The Holy Spirit has ever posted here. stick out tongue

BTW I do like the teachings of Jesus, just not the teachings of Paul.

Wow, boy I'm glad roll eyes (sarcastic) God took that stuff away from me when I gave my life over to Jesus. Now I am more able to think along the lines of reality.

You are a little insulting here. Think about it.

Alliance
I don't think The Holy Spirit has ever posted here. stick out tongue

Did you know that I am the physical manifestation of the CHristian holy Spirit?

debbiejo
If we are all part of the source, then we could also say we are part of the Holy Spirit.........

Alliance
but why stick to Christianity (Chirstian mythology) when there are so many other options.

Its like eating the same flavor of ice cream all your life.

Shakyamunison
Did you know that I am the physical manifestation of the CHristian holy Spirit?

Yes, and did you know I was a Buddhist? stick out tongue

debbiejo
I DON'T..............Though I do like Vanilla.........
wink

Shakyamunison
I DON'T..............Though I do like Vanilla.........
wink

And I like ice cream. big grin

debbiejo
Vanilla is good!!! Though blueberry shortcake is yummy too...........eat

I hear though that the true Vanilla is the original and full of intelligence......lol

I think Jesus, Buddha, Gandhi, blah blah blah,........knew that........And now I do............

Alliance
And I like ice cream. big grin

Me too!
..............Though I do like Vanilla.........

sounds like a Nagin white supremecist joke stick out tongue

Justbyfaith
Your post is irrelevant.

These books were not written by the disciples of Jesus. They were written some 100 years later. Then over time they where changed and many where lost or destroyed by the Church under Constantine ~300 CE.

Source please? You know my source. stick out tongue

Justbyfaith
Yes, and did you know I was a Buddhist? stick out tongue

That's great, how did we get here according to Buddah?

Justbyfaith
How did we get here? Anyone? Just a big explosion huh...

Shakyamunison
How did we get here? Anyone? Just a big explosion huh...

The universe has always been.

Look up Constantine bible on google.

Alliance
Its better than your theory...and its a long story.

Justbyfaith
Its better than your theory...and its a long story.

What is my theory?

Alliance
Judging by your disrespect for science and fear of the devil...I'd say creationism...likely literally according to the bible.

Shakyamunison

What? My mother gave birth to me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alliance
Really! Thats how I got here too!

Justbyfaith

A+ An excellent answer!

Alliance
define here.

Justbyfaith

I am inquiring on your faith. Did Buddah have anything to say on this subject?

Regret
Siddhartha Gautama...sorry just like saying the name...kinda a peaceful name I think wink

Justbyfaith
Siddhartha Gautama...sorry just like saying the name...kinda a peaceful name I think wink

Do you see a danger in mixing faiths? Does the Holy Spirit according to your understanding have fellowship with other religions?

Shakyamunison
I am inquiring on your faith. Did Buddah have anything to say on this subject?

"Many statements I have left unsaid. Why have I left them unsaid? Because they are not helpful. They are not fundamental to the holy life. They do not lead to peace, knowledge, awakening, nirvana."

Majjhima Nikaya 63

Justbyfaith
"Many statements I have left unsaid. Why have I left them unsaid? Because they are not helpful. They are not fundamental to the holy life. They do not lead to peace, knowledge, awakening, nirvana."

Majjhima Nikaya 63

ok

Regret
Do you see a danger in mixing faiths? Does the Holy Spirit according to your understanding have fellowship with other religions?

For a Christian, there is a danger if it weakens your own faith in, and relationship with, Christ wink

If there is only one God, there is only one faith. All truth, light and goodness comes from God as the Bible states. Any religion that helps people be better than they would be without that religion has some truth, light and goodness somewhere in it. Given that truth, light and truth come only from God, all faiths have some portion of God's spirit in them by this statement. We believe that all religions hold some degree of truth.

The question is, does goodness come from anywhere other than God?

Alliance

I feel like we are speaking in some sort of mideval code here...

and why would there be a danger in mixing faiths?

debbiejo

Da vinci ????

Do people really mix faiths..........hahahahaha shifty

Alliance
Da vinci ????

NO!

Do people really mix faiths..........hahahahaha shifty
Yes.

Arachnoidfreak
ok

LOL This is the best response ever.

Alliance
laughing its a lot funnier in hindsight.

Lord Urizen
Did you have a relationship with Jesus then? Or just a religion?

I considered it both.

I prayed to Jesus every night. I had a very strong beleif. I hardly ever went to Church though, and only read the Bible when I felt like it, and mostly for artistic reasons, not for actual curiosity.

But I did pray, I did beleive in a God who loves me unconditionally.

UNTIL...i woke up. Religion started to tell me:

1) The fact that im bisexual means I will not enter Heavenno

2)The Idea of Hell- that a loving God can let his own children go to Hell for not obeying him. What an ABSURD concept. Are you aware that the idea of Hell existed WAY before Christianity, Judaism, and Islam? It existed even before the idea of Heaven.

3) I realized that True Love lacks judgement. It accepts all flaws, and loves the flaws. If God is a god of True Love, then he must lack judgement. Obviously your God is filled with judgement, so he lacks true love.

4) Zoroastrianism- This religion came way before Christianity, Judaism, and Islam. It was a mix of Persian and Greek beleifs. It had its OWN God, Devil, Armaggedon and Savior ! Imagine that ! The three new religions OBVIOUSLY copied this one. roll eyes (sarcastic)

5) Duh Dinosaurs Where the HELL do they fit into this whole creationism story? So God creates a bunch of willess creatures, only to destroy them later???

6) OMG so many more reasons, i dont wanna go into a hundred more, hope you get the point wink

Alliance
7) The hisotry of Christianity as an intolerant religion.

8) The contradictory dogma of the Christinan churches

9) Insistance that your religion is the only one, despiteUltra-similarity of religions

10) Blind faith needed for many aspects of relgion to work

11) Religious Hypocrisy

12) Inability to provide real answers

debbiejo
The church doctrine is very scary to children. Praying that the demons didn't come out of your closet and get you... YOU knew they were there, and also under you bed...... sad

Alliance
...only god will protect you...PRAY devil

Shakyamunison
...only god will protect you...PRAY devil

I am God and I will not protect you, unless you sacrifice your first born. eek! laughing

debbiejo
I think they're still in there.........

I hear them talking about me............ eek! ........They say, man she's hot.............LOL

Funny thing, those demons turned out to be mice in my drawers......

lil bitchiness

Why do you believe that such scripture is written or inspired by the divine?

Justbyfaith

Pretty close Regret. The quoted scripture is saying that God has revealed Himself to each and every one of us by the things that He has made. Creation screams loud that there is a God. The scripture I quoted tells us that we "Choose" to not accept Him and "Reject" Him therefore we have no excuse on "Judgement Day".

Regret
Pretty close Regret. The quoted scripture is saying that God has revealed Himself to each and every one of us by the things that He has made. Creation screams loud that there is a God. The scripture I quoted tells us that we "Choose" to not accept Him and "Reject" Him therefore we have no excuse on "Judgement Day".

Whoa... Talk about delayed response wink

Justbyfaith

and why would there be a danger in mixing faiths?

"Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. Therefore do not be partakers with them."

Ephesians 5:6-7

My best answer Alliance. wink

Alliance
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I don't think it was written or inspired by the divine, but it sure was written or inspired by someone with an ego stick out tongue

Justbyfaith
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

Because of it's accuracy. Have you read any books lately that spoke about Jesus hundreds of years before He came and fullfilled over 300 Prophesies about Him after the fact?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>