Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ritoshi
Is this a religion eek! and who really believes what you put into the world you get back out, what goes around comes around..I mean people that do good get attacked by rampaging monkeys and end up on the news so ? no expression

Regret
Let us say that existence is full of two types of presently unobservable energy. We will term one good, the other ill (Evil is way to overused.) Everything has an internal balance of good and ill energy. If you release ill energy only ill energy can replace it, if you release good energy only good can replace it. Now the universe is full of this energy, so your deficit must be filled because the universe is full. Somehow ill must return to you. Similarly with good. That would be my assumption as to the thought. Not necessarily my belief, but karma and dharma are interesting all the same. I think this is the Hindu version. Karma in Buddhism is just the result, the effect in cause and effect. At least that is my understanding.

Ritoshi
shock Interesting indeed shock

One thing though, who determines what is ill energy and good energy ? because something could be good to one person and bad to the other ?

Alliance
Originally posted by Ritoshi
shock Interesting indeed shock

One thing though, who determines what is ill energy and good energy ? because something could be good to one person and bad to the other ?

Religion rarely views things in these terms.

debbiejo
Sorry, I don't really believe in Karma as many do........... sad

Soleran
lol if your a kharma freak better stay out of the meat bin at your local grocery store.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Soleran
lol if your a kharma freak better stay out of the meat bin at your local grocery store.

I get the feeling you don't understand Karma.

Alliance
Originally posted by Shakyamunison

I do too...wierd.

lil bitchiness
Is this a religion eek! and who really believes what you put into the world you get back out, what goes around comes around..I mean people that do good get attacked by rampaging monkeys and end up on the news so ? no expression

Nope this is not a religion, its a common belief within different religions.

It is an EXTREAMLY hard concept to explain...

Karma is the cause and effect.
If you hit something really hard, your hand will hurt also. If you push something over, it will fall.

If you do bad, you cannot expect a result to be good. Thats Karma. What goes around does come around.

As far as Hinduism goes, for example, your actions in this life will determan the way you will be born in the next.

Soleran

I get the feeling you were looking to deeply into my commentsmile

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Alliance
I do too...wierd.

Karma is simple. At any moment some action creates an effect that creates a cause and on and on. This is cause and effect. Karma is all the causes and effects and how they dynamically play in a persons life and over many lives. You don't have to believe in reincarnation to believe in Karma. You can see how small causes in your life have joined together to create large effects. If you start some pattern in your life like stealing, that cause will set up a ripple of effects in your life. A you will pay the price for your action. Karma is a way to understand how you are responsible for your own life, rather it is good or bad.

I get the feeling you were looking to deeply into my commentsmile

OK. Sorry about that.

Shakyamunison
edit

lil bitchiness
Karma is simple. At any moment some action creates an effect that creates a cause and on and on. This is cause and effect. Karma is all the causes and effects and how they dynamically play in a persons life and over many lives. You don't have to believe in reincarnation to believe in Karma.

thumb up

I underlined the crucial sentance.

Jonathan Mark
I did an essay on this in my Global Studies class when we were studying world religions.

And I'm still somewhat confused... although I understand the "Cause and Effect" idea.

lil bitchiness
Karma is a generaly hard concept to explain. Cause and effect is kind of in a nutshell if you like yes

spencerspider
I think that if you are good, good things will happen. Of course there are going to be hard times though. No one has a perfectly easy life. I mean it is really easy to get along with a nice person, so if you are nice, you will most likely have alot of friends.

debbiejo
It's not that I don't believe in cause and effect, It's just that as Creator's, we have much more potential then Karma would lead us to believe.......

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
It's not that I don't believe in cause and effect, It's just that as Creator's, we have much more potential then Karma would lead us to believe.......

Karma just explains how the creative process works.

Alliance
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
I did an essay on this in my Global Studies class when we were studying world religions.

I like this...my old high school integrated a mandatory religous studies program into its World History class. Kids have to research 8 common religions and four others. I think its really good thumb up

Mindship
In a manner of speaking, "balance" pervades reality.
On the physical level, we see it, for example, in the conservation of mass or angular momentum.
On the biological level, we see it in the "web of life."
On the mental-symbolic level, we have (eg) the concepts of justice and fairness.
Karma merely extends this principle beyond these familiar domains.

debbiejo
Polarities..............and like attracts like.

Alliance
Blance isnt pervasive though. It depends on what you mean by balance. Stability is not hte same as balnace. Balnaced means equal and opposite.

debbiejo
To us maybe, but not to a creativeness that's only purpose is to create.

Alliance
mad you an your etherial intelligence thats consicous but not anthropomorpic mad

Shakyamunison
Blance isnt pervasive though. It depends on what you mean by balance. Stability is not hte same as balnace. Balnaced means equal and opposite.

Balance is a tough one. We don't understand the true nature of the universe, so no one knows what true balance is.

Alliance
Balance is when a system, by its own nature existis in one state.

ex. a ball not in motion is in balance.

Shakyamunison
Balance is when a system, by its own nature existis in one state.

ex. a ball not in motion is in balance.

I know that, but do you know what is meant by balance when referenced to Karma?

debbiejo
mad you an your etherial intelligence thats consicous but not anthropomorpic mad Why would it be different???

Mindship

That's why I put balance in quotation marks. Stability, equalization, homeostasis: they all skirt around what we, in our Western way of looking at things, may not have a word for.

(Can hear Shaky now: "Yes. We do have a word for it. Karma." stick out tongue )

debbiejo
Balance can be considered Intelligence

Justbyfaith

I'm not sure about Karma,...but the law of reaping and sowing makes more sense to me.

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to the flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life."

Galatians 6:7-8

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Justbyfaith
I'm not sure about Karma,...but the law of reaping and sowing makes more sense to me.

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to the flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life."

Galatians 6:7-8

That is Karma. Jesus taught Karma, he just didn't call it that.

debbiejo
He called it "Sowing and Reaping"............. big grin

Shakyamunison
He called it "Sowing and Reaping"............. big grin

roll eyes (sarcastic) Didn't I just say that? roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

debbiejo
No...Justbyfaith did............. stick out tongue

Shakyamunison
No...Justbyfaith did............. stick out tongue

But Justbyfaith didn't know that...

debbiejo
Now she does!!!

Shakyamunison
Now she does!!!

I doubt it... Christians hear the word Karma and can get all bent out of shape, and not even know what the word means. Just being a non-Christian word in enough to condom the idea.

Alliance
They just associate it with Hinduism. Not only do they have to fathom another religion, but an older and polytheisitic one. fear

Justbyfaith
Now she does!!!

He roll eyes (sarcastic)

Justbyfaith
I doubt it... Christians hear the word Karma and can get all bent out of shape, and not even know what the word means. Just being a non-Christian word in enough to condom the idea.

Shaky, have you had a bad experience in the past with a Church or church member?You appear to be very angry and vocal about Christianity?

Alliance
Shaky, have you had a bad experience in the past with a Church or church member?You appear to be very angry and vocal about Christianity?
laughing

Regret
have you had a bad experience in the past with a Church or church member?You appear to be very angry and vocal about Christianity?

It appears that most religious people, including Christians, have had "a bad experience in the past with a Church or church member" of another faith. They all seem to respond the same way. Shaky seems to be one that is less angry and vocal than most, at least imo.

Shakyamunison

Yes, I was lied to many time by evil people who claimed to be filled with the holly spirit. Do you know any of these people? They call themselves Christian and act the part.

Justbyfaith
Yes, I was lied to many time by evil people who claimed to be filled with the holly spirit. Do you know any of these people? They call themselves Christian and act the part.

Yes, unfortunately I do. But Jesus was kind and preached good will and love for those we may dislike.

debbiejo
I like Jesus, it's just the others.........all those evil evil Pauline people....whooo a rhyme.... stick out tongue

Alliance
laughing

I never had any run ins with the church until I became athiest.

Storm
Many atheists have had bad experiences with religion, and such experiences have caused people to question religion and to reconsider how they feel about religion. However, this is by far not the only reason why people are atheists.

Alliance
Correct. In my case, being a critical thinker (imo) I questioned my religion first...then it attacked me. sad

debbiejo
Me too. sad

and I started out a Christian.....Now I'm a.....a.....a....going to hell the imaginary place with Gandhi.....

Alliance
You're hindu? stick out tongue

debbiejo
no

I have my own religion.......deb-ism........

Alliance
ahh..any patron saints?

Justbyfaith
no

I have my own religion.......deb-ism........

"But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: for mankind will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastfull, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy..."

2 Timothy 3:1-2

Your not the only one debbiejo...

confused

Shakyamunison
"But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: for mankind will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastfull, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy..."

confused

However, those are not the end of times and humans have always been that way.

Justbyfaith
However, those are not the end of times and humans have always been that way.

...knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming?...

2 Peter 3:3-4

I agree Shaky, it will continually get worse and worse and those things will increase until the time of Christ.

Shakyamunison
...knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming?...

2 Peter 3:3-4

I agree Shaky, it will continually get worse and worse and those things will increase until the time of Christ.

I am sorry that you will waist your life.

Justbyfaith
I am sorry that you will waist your life.

My life is far from wasted.

"For me to live is Christ, but to die is gain."

Shakyamunison
My life is far from wasted.

"For me to live is Christ, but to die is gain."

Will you teach your children that they have no future? Will you cover your wife's head and not allow her to speak?

Justbyfaith
Will you teach your children that they have no future? Will you cover your wife's head and not allow her to speak?

? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shakyamunison
? roll eyes (sarcastic)

So you don't follow all of the bible?

Justbyfaith
So you don't follow all of the bible?

"If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

1 John 1:8

No, I can't,...I need Jesus every day.

Shakyamunison
"If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

1 John 1:8

No, I can't,...I need Jesus every day.

That is not what I'm talking about. Have even read all of the bible? Do you know what is in the bible. Read the bible from the start to the end, all of it. I have done it.

debbiejo

confused Of course I love my self, why??? Don't you love yourself?.....Is that a sin?......oh, yeah, guess it is.........

The end times were historical and speaking of the Fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD.....

Justbyfaith
That is not what I'm talking about. Have even read all of the bible? Do you know what is in the bible. Read the bible from the start to the end, all of it. I have done it.

I must confess that I have been through the majority of the scriptures.
I by far do not even have a close understanding of God's full meaning.
I am sure many have read the bible in it's entirety with little or no benefit. We (Church) have been going book to book for the past 2 years.
I have always been a "Bounce Around" type of book reader.

Thanks for asking...

Shakyamunison
I must confess that I have been through the majority of the scriptures.
I am sure many have read the bible in it's entirety with little or no benefit. We (Church) have been going book to book for the past 2 years.
I have always been a "Bounce Around" type of book reader.

Thanks for asking...

Then how do you feel about the oppression of women found in the bible?

debbiejo
But why would Jesus NEED you? Or anyone....Isn't god complete, or is it lacking?

Justbyfaith
Then how do you feel about the oppression of women found in the bible?

I think we have come along way in some areas and in other areas we have not. Women in Pastor roles are portrayed differently than Woman in wife/mother roles in the Scriptures. Teamwork in a relationship or marriage with a woman is the key. Honestly Shaky, I am much more concerned for the women today under Islam than in the times of the Old Testament and 1st. century of this world.

Justbyfaith
But why would Jesus NEED you? Or anyone....Isn't god complete, or is it lacking?

Jesus doesn't need me...I need Him.

Alliance
But yet you feel confident enough to come here and tell us what your god's will is.

debbiejo
Jesus doesn't need me...I need Him. Why do you worship him....Is he requiring it??........Is he a jealous god????

Justbyfaith
But yet you feel confident enough to come here and tell us what your god's will is.

What's YOUR God's will Alliance? Please share. This is a Religious Forum.
Maybe you don't want to talk about Religion? Does this Forum say, "All faiths except Christian?"

Alliance
The protrayal of Jesus in Chirstianity is rife with parallels to mideaval serfdom...I always find this amusing, as most Chirstians don't agree with the creul policies of serfdom.

Justbyfaith
Why do you worship him....Is he requiring it??........Is he a jealous god????

I worship Him because what He has done for me in the past.

Taken away my desire completely for drugs...

Saved my marriage...

Died for my sins...

Comforts me in times of trouble and despair...

Would you like me to continue?

Alliance
What's YOUR God's will Alliance? Please share. This is a Religious Forum.
Maybe you don't want to talk about Religion? Does this Forum say, "All faiths except Christian?"
I have NEVER stated that ANY religion is unwelcome. Anyone on this forum can back that up.

My god is man, my temple a library, and my holy book a compendium of every philosophical paper written throughout history. But thats my opinon, one that can be debated.

I don't like to preach. I'm here to debate.

Justbyfaith
I have NEVER stated that ANY religion is unwelcome. Anyone on this forum can back that up.

My god is man, my temple a library, and my holy book a compendium of every philosophical paper written throughout history. But thats my opinon, one that can be debated.

I don't like to preach. I'm here to debate.

Great! What would you like to debate?

Alliance
Great! What would you like to debate?
Aren't I already debating in like 7 threads?

And how do you know you dind't overcome your addiciotn by yourself?

Justbyfaith

Better to be humble than proud Alliance.

Alliance
Idont know if thats true...but you're certinaly being prouder than anyone here.

Justbyfaith
And how do you know you dind't overcome your addiciotn by yourself?

#1.Because I tried many, many times and only was successful for a day or two.

#2.Because even when I was able to go without I still had terrible cravings inside.

#3. Because I went to classes, took meds and tried many other things but always had the desire for the drug.

BUT MOST OFF ALL

smile When I completely gave up and cried and prayed to him that I was a loser and not able to stop on my own and I need Him to do it for me.

>I NEVER HAD A CRAVING SINCE!
>I NEVER DID THE DRUG AGAIN!
>I HAVE NO DESIRE TO DO IT AND DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!

THE ADDICTION IS COMPLETELY GONE!

I always would go back to Him to be re-newed. And would go to Him in prayer to thank Him for what I could never do on my own.

I praise my God Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alliance
In my opinon, thinking you had someone to help you out allowed you to quit. Its classic psychology.

debbiejo
I worship Him because what He has done for me in the past.

Taken away my desire completely for drugs...

Saved my marriage...

Died for my sins...

Comforts me in times of trouble and despair...

Would you like me to continue? Mithra died for your sins also, and he came first, but hey, you don't worship him because he's such a great guy, you worship him because he is a Jealous god, and said have no other gods before me, and he demands it....But you're biggest reason to fear/worship him is because IF YOU DON'T you're going to hell...........Isn't that called bribery???

And isn't bribery a sin???

Justbyfaith
In my opinon, thinking you had someone to help you out allowed you to quit. Its classic psychology.

No problem. You asked. I told.

Alliance
I like debbie's point.

Justbyfaith
Mithra died for your sins also, and he came first, but hey, you don't worship him because he's such a great guy, you worship him because he is a Jealous god, and said have no other gods before me, and he demands it....But you're biggest reason to fear/worship him is because IF YOU DON'T you're going to hell...........Isn't that called bribery???

And isn't bribery a sin???

Who are you to tell me why I worship Jesus?

Alliance
Shes not telling you, shes asking you WHY. Why not other gods?

Justbyfaith
Shes not telling you, shes asking you WHY. Why not other gods?

You need to read her post again smile

Regret
I figure it's all some form of hedonism. I think if someone says otherwise they are lying.

debbiejo
Why would any god need your worship? Does it have an ego problem?? Men have ego problems, but a god!!!!! It would need nothing from except that you just ARE what you were created to be.

You're afraid not too, just like all the other mythology gods.....eternal torment, which btw is never taught in the original Scriptures texts...It only means death...

Justbyfaith
Why would any god need your worship? Does it have an ego problem?? Men have ego problems, but a god!!!!! It would need nothing from except that you just ARE what you were created to be.

Two's a charm roll eyes (sarcastic) Let's try again:

I WANT to worship Him debbiejo.

I CHOOSE to.

I WISH to.

I LIKE to.
rolling on floor laughing

debbiejo
And if you don't????

Alliance
Those are all arbitrary reasons. Do you even know any other gods?

Regret
Two's a charm roll eyes (sarcastic) Let's try again:

I WANT to worship Him debbiejo.

I CHOOSE to.

I WISH to.

I LIKE to.
rolling on floor laughing

So, I'll ask the question,

Why do you WANT to worship Him justbyfaith.

Why do you CHOOSE to.

Why do you WISH to.

Why do you LIKE to.

Justbyfaith
Originally posted by Regret
So, I'll ask the question,

Why do you WANT to worship Him justbyfaith.

Why do you CHOOSE to.

Why do you WISH to.

Why do you LIKE to.

Because of what He has done for me first, and is doing, and will do.

debbiejo
I don't need too..........It would not require this of me otherwise it would not be a perfect god and be flawed in its thinking.....It would be incomplete and lacking........thus not a perfect god...

Regret......you edited your boo boo......hahaha.....

Alliance

saying will do is a bit speculative don't you think?

Justbyfaith
Those are all arbitrary reasons. Do you even know any other gods?

I have no desire too, but thanks for asking Alliance.

"I am the Lord, and there is no other; There is no God besides Me."

Isaiah 45:5

debbiejo
I have no desire too, but thanks for asking Alliance.

"I am the Lord, and there is no other; There is no God besides Me."

Isaiah 45:5 What happens if you don't give god worship????

Regret

I personally would like a more defined answer please.

Regret......you edited your boo boo......hahaha.....

Yep big grin fixed my booboo embarrasment sorry it wasn't faster hug

Alliance
*snuggles*

Justbyfaith
saying will do is a bit speculative don't you think?

No it's not, but thanks for asking:

" I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the End," says the Lord, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

Revelation 1:8

Alliance
Fiction is my favorite type of literature too! big grin Thanks for asking.

debbiejo
cheers

Want one Justbyfaith?? psst I won't tell

Justbyfaith
cheers

Want one Justbyfaith?? psst I won't tell

Thanks debbiejo...been there, done that. smile

Alliance
FROTHY APPLE JUICE!

debbiejo
On Ice is nice................*gets little umbrellas*

btw.......you never answered my question........

Alliance
moi?

debbiejo
fixed

No, not you............you're not fixed are you??? stick out tongue

Alliance
*checks*

Shakyamunison
I think we have come along way in some areas and in other areas we have not. Women in Pastor roles are portrayed differently than Woman in wife/mother roles in the Scriptures. Teamwork in a relationship or marriage with a woman is the key.

So you are progressive. I think the bible would disagree with you, but I am glad that you are more enlightened then others. I was raised in a church were women wear not allowed to speak and had to cover their heads. We could do nothing that had anything to do with "the world", like music. All I ever wanted to do was play my guitar and sing, but if it was not a Christian song I was forbidden.

I too am concerned for women today under Islam, but I believe from what I have read in the bible, that in the OT women were treated the same.

debbiejo
Would they cast it out of me???? confused

Alliance
I too am concerned for women today under Islam, but I believe from what I have read in the bible, that in the OT women were treated the same.

I am too, but keep in mind that many women enjoy wearing the veil as a sign of thier utmost religions devotion. Infact, some very conservative women wer uspet that wearing the veil is enforced, because they then feel that their devotion menas nothing.

I dont agree with the forced policy, but for many fundamentalists, its a personal choice.

Shakyamunison
I am too, but keep in mind that many women enjoy wearing the veil as a sign of thier utmost religions devotion. Infact, some very conservative women wer uspet that wearing the veil is enforced, because they then feel that their devotion menas nothing.

I dont agree with the forced policy, but for many fundamentalists, its a personal choice.

If you makes you happy... I just try to treat everyone the same.

Alliance
I do to. I'm just saying that wearing a veil in itself is not a sign of oppression. Its the governemnet mandate that is oppressive.

Shakyamunison
I do to. I'm just saying that wearing a veil in itself is not a sign of oppression. Its the government mandate that is oppressive.

I don't have any problem with what people wear, I just don't like the government mandate.

Alliance
w00t I AM NOT A CROOK

Shakyamunison
w00t I AM NOT A CROOK

It was your Karma. thumb up

Alliance
is there such thing as anti-karma?

debbiejo
is there such thing as anti-karma? NO, because we are all connected...cause and effect.......so, we all saw what you did when you thought you were alone mr watergate. And I was SHOCKED !! eek!

Alliance
I wasn't there...

It was my minions...who were so stupid to ductape the locking mechanism, but they did it horizontally so the ductape stuck out each side. The gauds came and took it off, and the stupid crooks did it again! They didn't even think to tape it vertically along the edge of the door so at least it would be hidden.

I just wanted to expose how corrupt government is...and SOMEONE has to have a lower approval rating than bush.

debbiejo
Oh, we're talking about government!!! shifty

Shakyamunison
is there such thing as anti-karma?

I don't believe so. But Anti-karma would be a really good name for a band. laughing

Alliance
Oh, we're talking about government!!! shifty
Why are you talking about government?

I think Antikarmata sounds better wink

Justbyfaith
So you are progressive. I think the bible would disagree with you, but I am glad that you are more enlightened then others. I was raised in a church were women wear not allowed to speak and had to cover their heads. We could do nothing that had anything to do with "the world", like music. All I ever wanted to do was play my guitar and sing, but if it was not a Christian song I was forbidden.

Shaky, the more you share about your past the better I see where your coming from...thanks.

The problem in the first century was "Gossip", this is also similar today. The Apostle Paul was admonishing women at that time that if they had questions or things to share ort things not pertaining to the discussion to be silent and don't do it during time of mutual study, fellowship, or gathering together to discuss the things of God.

Shakyamunison
Shaky, the more you share about your past the better I see where your coming from...thanks.

The problem in the first century was "Gossip", this is also similar today. The Apostle Paul was admonishing women at that time that if they had questions or things to share ort things not pertaining to the discussion to be silent and don't do it during time of mutual study, fellowship, or gathering together to discuss the things of God.

Not all Christianity or Churches are so enlightened. Some could be better described as cults. If the teachings that you aspirer to are taken to an extreme, the results are people who focus on the pain of life instead of the grace.

Also, the idea behind sharing is understanding.

Justbyfaith
Not all Christianity or Churches are so enlightened. Some could be better described as cults. If the teachings that you aspirer to are taken to an extreme, the results are people who focus on the pain of life instead of the grace.

Also, the idea behind sharing is understanding.

I agree, any teachings or practices that are used to the extreme (i.e. Radical Islam...) or others can be harmful and subject people to enslavement.

Shakyamunison
I agree, any teachings or practices that are used to the extreme (i.e. Radical Islam...) or others can be harmful and subject people to enslavement.

Do you realize that there are some Christians who would disagree with you. They believe that Gods church is right and can never be wrong.

Justbyfaith
Do you realize that there are some Christians who would disagree with you. They believe that Gods church is right and can never be wrong.

I am aware that there are radical fringes on all sides of the map. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shakyamunison
I am aware that there are radical fringes on all sides of the map. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Then, I'm pleased to meet you. big grin

debbiejo
I believe if one is to understand any religion including their own, they must read about it, as I've said before, but not from that/their faiths view, but from the writings of the actual faith they are studding.......As for Karma, keeping on topic......oh wow.....<--- notice anyone....

I'm not fully sure about all the aspects of it all, but do believe in the cause and effect, which is similar...........The one thing that hinders me about it, it that our right to chose is not included with the next life, and that takes away some free will, and our rights as creators and part of the creative process....

DontEatAnAnimal

Couldn't Agree More!!!

*Dont Eat An Animal*

Alliance
first of all...that statement was incorrect and misguided.

secondly. I don't agree.

Mindship
...The one thing that hinders me about it, it that our right to chose is not included with the next life, and that takes away some free will, and our rights as creators and part of the creative process....

It gets tricky here, cuz once again we begin to infringe upon a language/logic no-man's land (assuming--for the sake of this thread--that such metaphysical dynamics do exist).

The definition of self gets blurry. For example (taking this to the extreme), if our "ultimate self" is God, then free will never diminishes. If Karma happens at the level of a mere "higher self" (say, the archetypal self), then we still may be able to choose our next life; it just all happens on a level our current, egoic self is unable to fathom. Lastly, even if we do lose the ability to choose at this level, perhaps it is best to see ourselves as partners in the creative process (rather than the dominant force), like with our relationship with nature here-n-now (or rather, IMO, how it could/should be here/now).

And a point for Skaky: "Anti-Karma" would be a great band name. laughing

Alliance
Is the dynamic between Frankenstein and The Monster in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein a good metaphor for your god vs. man then?...

...as far as free will goes.

Mindship
It's probably a good metaphor for an overreaching, Type A personality getting out of control.

Alliance
yum...type A's.

I'm type A...can you tell? laughing

debbiejo
I don't have a type..........

Alliance
Aren't you the boxed type?

Justbyfaith
I believe if one is to understand any religion including their own, they must read about it, as I've said before, but not from that/their faiths view, but from the writings of the actual faith they are studding.......As for Karma, keeping on topic......oh wow.....<--- notice anyone....

I'm not fully sure about all the aspects of it all, but do believe in the cause and effect, which is similar...........The one thing that hinders me about it, it that our right to chose is not included with the next life, and that takes away some free will, and our rights as creators and part of the creative process....
rights as creators ????

Where are these rights posted for me to read?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.