SuperFriends Ruined People's Perspective of DC...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
I have a theory.

Anya: It may be bunnies!

Xander: Or maybe witches!

......Yeah. Okay. Anyway, I have a theory that the reason so many people have such a warped perception of DC characters and DC is general is that goddamned Hanna-Barbara cartoon in the 70s called Superfriends.

Because of Superfriends, everyone thinks Aquaman is a weakling who could get his ass kicked by Dr. Stephan Hawking....

Because of Superfriends, everyone thinks that Superman is a wooden, unemotional puppet who's too powerful for his own good.

Because of Superfriends, everyone thinks that the only thing Wonder Woman is good for is swinging her magic lasso and saying "GREAT HERA!"

Does anyone else agree that SuperFriends had somewhat a negative effect on forum members' judgement and perspecitive of DC characters?

King_Mungi
Good lord yes, at the time it was great for DC but it is outdated and was full of racial sterotypes.

DarkCrawler
DAMN STRAIGHT.

Seriously, I have said this before in AM thread. Only reason why he is so ridiculed is this cartoon. People think that all he can do is talk to the fish.

Similar to the way the old FF comics had ruined Namor...

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Good lord yes, at the time it was great for DC but it is outdated and was full of racial sterotypes. For funniest overview of this cartoon ever:
http://www.seanbaby.com/super.htm

badabing
This show rules.
http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/mp3/challenge-superfriends.mp3 laughing

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Draco69
Because of Superfriends, everyone thinks that the only thing Wonder Woman is good for is swinging her magic lasso, saying "GREAT HERA!" and making Superman a very happy man in tights.

laughing

DigiMark007
Because of Superfriends, everyone thinks Aquaman is a weakling who could get his ass kicked by Dr. Stephan Hawking....

Bah! First off, it's Stephen. Second, his crazy skillz of extrapolating the nuances of theoretical physics would have Aquaman on his knees.

ST0RM SHAD0W
Atleast none of the male characters had the homosexual stigma that Batman had.

Draco69
I think that was more on Robin though....

The Wonder Twins were definitely incestous. God, in one episode they full on kissed each other.

sick

roughrider
How many people on this board were even alive when that show was on the air? Or read comics now?
It was silly, but so were DC comics at the time. Which is why they used the start of the 1980's as a point to get much better ( ie. like Marvel Comics wink ) and have their universe make more sense ( ie. The Original Crisis)
Early cartoons of The Hulk and Avengers are wooden as hell; only early Spider Man has charm still.

A.J
I have a theory.

Anya: It may be bunnies!

Xander: Or maybe witches!

......Yeah. Okay. Anyway, I have a theory that the reason so many people have such a warped perception of DC characters and DC is general is that goddamned Hanna-Barbara cartoon in the 70s called Superfriends.

Because of Superfriends, everyone thinks that Superman is a wooden, unemotional puppet who's too powerful for his own good.

Because of Superfriends, everyone thinks that the only thing Wonder Woman is good for is swinging her magic lasso and saying "GREAT HERA!"

Does anyone else agree that SuperFriends had somewhat a negative effect on forum members' judgement and perspecitive of DC characters? nothing bad about bats stick out tongue

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by roughrider
How many people on this board were even alive when that show was on the air? Or read comics now?
It was silly, but so were DC comics at the time. Which is why they used the start of the 1980's as a point to get much better ( ie. like Marvel Comics wink ) and have their universe make more sense ( ie. The Original Crisis)
Early cartoons of The Hulk and Avengers are wooden as hell; only early Spider Man has charm still. There was a Sub-Mariner cartoon too, believe it or not.

Stronger than a whale
He can swim anywhere
He can breathe under water
and go flying through the air
The Noble Sub Mariner
Prince of the deep
So, beware you deadly demons
Lord Namor of Atlantis,
is the Prince of the Deep.
http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/comics101/images/2004/may19/namorcartoon.jpg

Black Adam
I grew up with the DCAU and the early marvel cartoons of the 90's.

I could never pay attention to superfriends because even at four years old I thought it sucked.

Private Pion
I didn't even SEE the show and it warped my perceptions.

I mean it.

grey fox
Originally posted by Black Adam

I could never pay attention to superfriends because even at four years old I thought it sucked.

Perceptive....

Black Adam
Originally posted by grey fox
Perceptive....

huh

grey fox
That even at that age you could perceive the suck. Perhaps your sucachlorains are unusually high ?

Private Pion
Maybe he is the chosen one. The one of ultimate suckitude detection.

Quick! What did you think of the last three Star Wars movies?

On topic:HUMOR.

grey fox
Bleh , from a non-fans viewpoint they were ok . But even a non-fan has to admit AOTC sucked balls.

From a fans view point.....Lucas has raped the series.

Inhuman
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
For funniest overview of this cartoon ever:
http://www.seanbaby.com/super.htm

lol, I Love that site its in my sig
Everything said there is true BTW wink

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Black Adam

I could never pay attention to superfriends because even at four years old I thought it sucked. embarrasment I actually thought that SF was the shit back then, I loved those cartoons. Now i see it and i think is plain shit. big grin The horrors they subjected us as kids.

WrathfulDwarf

Does anyone else agree that SuperFriends had somewhat a negative effect on forum members' judgement and perspecitive of DC characters?

No, is just clueless fanboys who don't bother to do research about a DC Character and think everything out of Marvel Comics is beyond cooler than DC. The show had nothing to do with today's brain dead fanboyism.

Sea King
i belive aquaman was one of the biggest victoms from this old sf tv show

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.