The Definitive Asian Action Film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jayElias
I just watched HARD BOILED, and was again floored by what Woo put on display in that film. So I figured instead of starting a new thread just for HARD BOILED (there are probably plenty already) or doing the usual "What happened to John Woo?" I'd try something different.

In my eyes DIE HARD is the definitive American action film. I'm comfortable saying that because I've seen pretty much all that it would compete against. When it comes to Asian action I've seen a lot of Woo's work but the rest of what I've viewed is a bit of a hodge podge. So while I might say HARD BOILED I know full well that there are plenty of other flicks that could easily lay claim to being the definitive Asian action film.

Which films would some of you nice folks make that claim for?

-Tired Hiker-
I haven't seen too many Asian action films, but I'll have to check out Hard Boiled, sounds good. When did it come out?

Dusty
Seven Samurai is the definitive action film, IMO.

Moving to foreign films.

jayElias
Originally posted by -Tired Hiker-
I haven't seen too many Asian action films, but I'll have to check out Hard Boiled, sounds good. When did it come out?

it came out in 1992, it is so classic that you could see.

papabeard
City on Fire is good and Infernal Affairs.

MildPossession
Infernal Affairs trilogy is excellent.

jayElias
Originally posted by MildPossession
Infernal Affairs trilogy is excellent.

it seems a psychodrama. and have a little fight scene. but it is a good movie. i heared Hollywood will reproduct the film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.