Paradise Now

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eis
I bought this movie like a month ago and completely forgot about it, I saw it yesterday and I couldn't believe I didn't see it sooner.

In Nablas on the West Bank, Said and Khaled, who have volunteered to be suicide bombers, receive word it will be tomorrow - the cell's first operation in two years. They're shaven and shorn, in black suits to pose as settlers in Tel Aviv for a wedding. Something goes wrong at the crossing, they're separated, and the action is postponed, long enough for renewed questioning of what they're about to do. Suha, the well-educated and well-traveled daughter of a martyr, challenges the action. She likes Said and has her own ideas. "Under the occupation, we're already dead," is Khaled's analysis. Fate and God's will seem to drive Said. We must be moral, argues Suha. Can minds change?

Source IMDB - Paradise Now

Definitely one of the best movies I've seen this year.

Solo
I've had it for awhile, haven't gotten around to watching it. I'll try to watch it sometime this week.

maham
I'v heard abt it but havn't watched it yet.I kno it's a gr8 film.Hopefully I'll watch it someday!

C-Dic
I saw it a couple of months back and didn't think much of it. The ending pretty much rendered the rest of the movie pointless.

Eis
Originally posted by C-Dic
I saw it a couple of months back and didn't think much of it. The ending pretty much rendered the rest of the movie pointless.
What? The end did nothing but progress the point of the movie, which was whether Said and Khaled really did believe in the cause which they were about to die for.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.