Next-Generation Technology for Next-Generation Games

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
What next-generation technology do you plan to get for the next-generation games?

An HDTV for example?

If you already possess something to prepare for the next generation of games, what is it.

If you don't plan to get any new technology for the next-generation of games, please state why.

PVS
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/heaven.jpg

Draco69
Oh my! Very nice! big grin

Though the chair looks kinda dangerous to sit on...

H. S. 6
I bought an HD-LCD TV for my 360.

PVS
the chair is uber-comfortable and the frame is hard wood.
its also inexpensive ($60 last i checked)
http://www.thexrocker.com/x_rocker.htm

Sin Harvest
Originally posted by PVS
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/heaven.jpg

I thought the chair was a stereo for a second

PVS
shit...just checked and walmart no longer has them and they're up to like $85 plus $40 shipping on ebay. i guess they stopped making them erm

Smasandian
An 46'' DLP Tosihiba. HDTV and all that.

Nice tv's and pretty inexpensive compared to plasma's. Has faults though.
Some DLP's carry an delay with videogames. Can be rectified with monster cables for an XBOX 360.

But overall, I love the TV, even with a slight delay (extremely slight now and only noticeable with games that require precision like the kicking meter for Madden, but its not that bad)
For $1790, its pretty cheap compared to similiar shittier plasma's that are not HDTV.

Thinking of getting an 5.1 surround system later on.

El_NINO
Im just gonna buy an LCD screen and use the flat screen that I have now.

BackFire
I'll buy an HDTV at some point.

sully_2u
It is kind of pathetic really when the next-gen companies tell you that you need to buy an upwards to 3000 dollar tv to experiance the next generation of gaming. That is 3000 dollars to play a game to full potential on top of a 400-600 dollar price tag. Pretty dirty of them to do that i think. Other than high defination and a new Live marketplace, what else did MS offer that is next generation? Nothing. Next generation technology should come out of the box, not out of the box then to best buy to get a TV.

Smasandian
But that's the price of technology dude.

The graphics are amazing, but you gotta pay for it because its impossible to get the great graphics on a standard definition television. Want HD?
You have to get an HDTV.

Back in the day if you wanted great audio, you had to buy an CD player. Same with 3d graphics that came out for the computer. Want it? Well, you gotta buy an 3d graphic processor and an CD ROM. Thats the fact of life in technology.

And your wrong. Next generation technology does come right out of the box, but to use it, you need an HDTV. That's just life. They're not forcing you to buy one, because they dont make any HDTV's.

sully_2u
Yeah, I worded it wrong but you still got my point anyways. Sorry about that random burst, won't happen again.

Smasandian
It's okay.

It sucks but that's the fact of life right?

But hey, you end up getting an HDTV hhahaha

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.