Movie X-men (without Phoenix) vs. David Banner (Absorbing man from the Hulk movie)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

systemshock2
Who wins, the X-Men characters from the movies (with Jean Grey and not the Phoenix) against David Banner, the absorbing monster near the end of the Hulk movie?

I say David Banner, the Absorbing Man.

What do you all think?

Draco69
Absorbing Man in a curbstomp. Their only hope is Charles Xavier and Jean Grey to psychially stop him. If he even HAS a organic mind...

Mider
how can you think with out an organic mind

Draco69
Same way Plastic Man does I guess...

Mider
dont know how he does

braz
lol when i looked at this thread, i thought u meant the rapper laughing

Caine607
Movie HUlk would PWN movie X-Men by him self jean in the movies could hardly do anything without taping into dark phoenix but as im sure someone will bring up Prof X would be able to attack the hulks mind like he did sabertooth and toad but if you you dont count prof X hulk owns bigtime

doctor ketchup
if wolverine actually tried to slash him he would turn into adamantium and destroy them all

Wolverine2006
that would be awesome

Swanky-Tuna
Has comic Absorbing Man done anything as awesome as turning into electricity then transporting himself and another through the clouds like a bolt of lightning?

systemshock2
Yeah Absorbing man would clearly win against most of the X-Men. He would simply absorb each of their mutant powers and use it to grow stronger. With Wolverine, like somebody else mentioned, he would just need to touch the adamantium in his claws in order to transform his entire body into adamantium. Then Wolverine is history.

The only one I would have trouble with Absorbing man defeating would be Professor X, and maybe Jean. There's no telling if Professor X or Jean would have enough power to manipulate David Banner's mind. Banner obviously has some sort of mind, since near the end he was talking with Bruce through it, but just how vulnerable that mind is is unknown. IMO Professor Xavier wouldn't have done much to the Absorbing Man. AM would've figured out someway to change the molecular component of his body to deflect the mental assaults.

What's interesting to note is how the novel states just how powerful the Absorbing Man became near the end. (This ending was somewhat different than the movie's) His power was so great that he was absorbing the energy from the trees, the water, the moon and even the stars, to the point that he was so big "...he towered over the mountains". Can you imagine something like that going against the movie X-Men?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.