The Blu-Ray vs. HD-DVD Format War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
God in heaven. I'm sticking with DVDS until this ridiculous brand war between movies studios and manufactuors like Sony and Microsoft dies down.

Oops! I can't play my recently bought Harry Potter movie! Apparently it violates some zany copyright law I didn't know existed....

Sin Harvest
I have 180 DVDs. No way in hell am I getting a Blu-Ray just to have them collect dust.

El_NINO
Originally posted by Sin Harvest
I have 180 DVDs. No way in hell am I getting a Blu-Ray just to have them collect dust.

laughing out loud

You can still view them on the Blu Ray player.

The Highlord
When is Blu-Ray set to hit the market?

darth_royke
i'd prefer it if they brought out boxsets on one blu-ray or hd-dvd disc, no more changing discs after episode four of a season.

H. S. 6
I will wait for a couple years until there is a clear victor.

SaTsuJiN
I think its gonna take a long ass time before people accept blu-ray on a 'common' level

Smasandian
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I think its gonna take a long ass time before people accept blu-ray on a 'common' level

Exactly.

Just look how long it took DVD's to take over the far inferior VHS.... anybody remember LaserDisc? BETA?

Now that DVD's are the mainstream, the casual movie buyer isnt going to spend another $500 for another disc player. Or spend all thier hard earned money on HDDVD movies that they already own on DVD.

I'm going to say 5-10 years before it comes close to even coming near DVD's. They're too mainstream to up end them.

The funny thing is that alot of casual moviegoers dont even like High Def movies....."it's too clear".

Smasandian
Originally posted by El_NINO
laughing out loud

You can still view them on the Blu Ray player.

Yeah, but what's the point of buying an expansive Blu Ray player if your not going to watch your favourite movies in High Def on it?

Those DVD's will collect dust because you would want to buy them again for the High Def, the reason why you bought the player in the first place/

El_NINO
Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah, but what's the point of buying an expansive Blu Ray player if your not going to watch your favourite movies in High Def on it?

Those DVD's will collect dust because you would want to buy them again for the High Def, the reason why you bought the player in the first place/

Its like the first generation iPOD holders, they have an iPOD but the new ones have color a better click wheel video and its a heck of a lot smaller.

Simply because a few years ago Hif Def DVDs were not available.. come on... I dont necessarily think Blu Ray is a must have product but that too me is a weak excuss not to buy Blu Ray.

SaTsuJiN
how's it a weak excuse?.. he's saying you'd have to replace your entire dvd library with HD-dvd to get the best possible enjoyment out of the newly purchased hardware.. thats really impractical... what would you propose to do to get rid of all of those dvd's? (assuming he's a movie fanatic)

El_NINO
how's it a weak excuse?.. he's saying you'd have to replace your entire dvd library with HD-dvd to get the best possible enjoyment out of the newly purchased hardware.. thats really impractical... what would you propose to do to get rid of all of those dvd's? (assuming he's a movie fanatic)

My point is you cant change the past now can you?... of course not, you buy the new product because of future use in mind.

SaTsuJiN
I think its better to do that 'after' the hardware drops in price... future use serves no purpose in the present

AstroFan
I say HDDVD, mainly because I have a 360 and will prolly pick up the add on. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Smasandian
I think its better to do that 'after' the hardware drops in price... future use serves no purpose in the present

Exactly.

Nino, High Def movies wont become mainstream until 5-10 years.

It took DVD's to hit mainstream over VHS in 6 years, thats because DVD's offered much better visual quality, sound quality and accesibility.
The new format offers better visual quality and sound, but its still the same thing as an DVD.

The casual moviegoer isnt going to be swayed by it. It also doesnt help that you need an HDTV to actually use the hardware, so really, you think are going to be an HDTV and a HDDVD player?

That's asking alot of people.

El_NINO
Exactly.

Nino, High Def movies wont become mainstream until 5-10 years.

It took DVD's to hit mainstream over VHS in 6 years, thats because DVD's offered much better visual quality, sound quality and accesibility.
The new format offers better visual quality and sound, but its still the same thing as an DVD.

The casual moviegoer isnt going to be swayed by it. It also doesnt help that you need an HDTV to actually use the hardware, so really, you think are going to be an HDTV and a HDDVD player?

That's asking alot of people.

Like I said, I dont think Blu Ray or HDDVD is a must have thing but simply because you cant watch your old movies in Hi Def isnt a valid excuse, if thats the case then you shouldnt ever buy it.

Smasandian
And that's my point to begin with.

sully_2u
Blu-Ray is quite expensive to develope on. I bet developers will go with HD-DVD more than Blu-Ray.

NineCoronas
What does HD-DVD and Blu-Ray have going for them, space-wise?

sully_2u
30 GB for Dual Layer HD-DVD and 50 GB for Dual Layer Blu-Ray.

You guys should check this out though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_Versatile_Disc

3 TB storage!!

NineCoronas
Whoa

Draco69
Blu-Ray is much more likely to win for three simple reasons:

A) it's a better disc overall compared to the HD-DVD

B) NINETY PERCENT of all movie studios and film corporations have sided with the Blu-Ray. HD-DVD literally has only 7 while Blu-Ray has over a thousand.

C) It has the PS3 to back it up.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by sully_2u
50 GB for Dual Layer Blu-Ray.

Originally posted by Draco69

... I'd really like to see a ps3 game take even close to 10gb.. let alone 50...

Draco69
It would take sometime for the game develops to reach that point. Maybe two to three years after launch. Square-Enix will probably will be the first to do it since they have an impressive track record of doing so.

crazy_shadow
blu-ray disks have lower quality....so i will be prefering the DVD over it.

Draco69
Umm. No. That's wrong. Blu-Rays have at least a thousand times better picture quality, literally, than an average DVD.

A DVD can produce a picture of 420p.

A Blu-Ray can produce a picture of 1080p.

That's far, far better than a DVD....

Draco69
Okay. Obviously alot of people don't know what the difference between a Blu-Ray and a HD-DVD much less a DVD....

So:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_DVD

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6463_7-6462511-2.html?tag=nav

SaTsuJiN
It would take sometime for the game develops to reach that point. Maybe two to three years after launch. Square-Enix will probably will be the first to do it since they have an impressive track record of doing so. I'm solely refering to games that 'dont' bloat their games with FMV.. a la obivion... which only uses what?.. 5gb? and it looks amazing

Draco69
I'm solely refering to games that 'dont' bloat their games with FMV.. a la obivion... which only uses what?.. 5gb? and it looks amazing

Well if Oblivion is already stepping up the standard, than a game with higher realtime gameplay standards shouldn't be too far behind.

Most developers appear to be deviating from the 90s FMV-intensive games for real-time since the next-gen consoles are now capable of supporting it.

sully_2u
... I'd really like to see a ps3 game take even close to 10gb.. let alone 50...

That is what I'm thinking. Why would developers go for the more expensive format when the less expensive format is way more than needed for storage?

Draco69
The Blu-Ray was meant to be long-term usuage. Like a decade. Technology moves VERY fast. We may only need a percentage of the max storage NOW but once our tech gets better and developers are able to develop more impressive games, the storage will be filled to the brim.

The PS2 worked the same way. At first only a small portion of the disc was used until recent years where the max potential has been used.

People said the very same thing about cartridges and discs because noone could imagine 3-D games.

crazy_shadow
Umm. No. That's wrong. Blu-Rays have at least a thousand times better picture quality, literally, than an average DVD.

A DVD can produce a picture of 420p.

A Blu-Ray can produce a picture of 1080p.

That's far, far better than a DVD.... if dvd can only go up to 480p, then none of the xbox360 games would have 1080i enabled HD. the reason xbox360 did not choose blu-ray player was because the quality it can put into it. read into reasons why. and the 2nd reason is because the thing would have to shoot up to like $500.

Notice I never mentioned anything about "HD-DVD" ...only DVD.....

Draco69
Originally posted by crazy_shadow
if dvd can only go up to 480p, then none of the xbox360 games would have 1080i enabled HD. the reason xbox360 did not choose blu-ray player was because the quality it can put into it. read into reasons why. and the 2nd reason is because the thing would have to shoot up to like $500.

The reason the Xbox360 can go up to 1080i is because the console will soon have a HD-DVD add-on accessory released to play high-definition movies.

A DVD CANNOT play high-definition. 420p is not considered high-definition. Only 720p, 1080i and finally 1080p (the very best picture quality available; which a Blu Ray will play.

You're completely wrong about the DVD being "superior in quality" to Blu-Ray or HD-DVD. That's like saying a 16-bit Sega console has better graphics than the Sega Dreamcast. You have it completely backwards.

The reason the Xbox360 had very little to do with price. It had to do with the fact that Microsoft chose to side with the HD-DVD. If they chose the Blu-Ray, they would have been slapped with a legion of lawsuits.
More research is suggested....

erm

Notice I never mentioned anything about "HD-DVD" ...only DVD.....

Yeah. And you're completely wrong about it. Research with the Wiki links above. I would suggest reading the Cnet.com link because it's more accessible.

DVD is not superior to Blu-Ray OR HD-DVD. In comparision, the DVD is so far out of it's league it's playing a completely different sport....

wink

sully_2u
HD-DVD can have 1080p but it is alot harder to put 1080p on it than it is to put it on Blu-Ray

H. S. 6
Has anybody thought, in five-ten years or whatever when these become the norm, there's going to be a better resolution than 1080p?

Smasandian
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Has anybody thought, in five-ten years or whatever when these become the norm, there's going to be a better resolution than 1080p?

Yeah, and it will be in the same boat as the HD DVD and Blu Ray. But really, do we need to get higher resolution for movies? 1080i is pretty extreme for me. It's way to clear for movies. Sports I like, but not movies.

But as history shows us, movie formats that go mainstream stick around for decades, no matter how good the new technology is.

crazy_shadow
The reason the Xbox360 can go up to 1080i is because the console will soon have a HD-DVD add-on accessory released to play high-definition movies.

A DVD CANNOT play high-definition. 420p is not considered high-definition. Only 720p, 1080i and finally 1080p (the very best picture quality available; which a Blu Ray will play.

You're completely wrong about the DVD being "superior in quality" to Blu-Ray or HD-DVD. That's like saying a 16-bit Sega console has better graphics than the Sega Dreamcast. You have it completely backwards.

The reason the Xbox360 had very little to do with price. It had to do with the fact that Microsoft chose to side with the HD-DVD. If they chose the Blu-Ray, they would have been slapped with a legion of lawsuits.
More research is suggested....

erm

Yeah. And you're completely wrong about it. Research with the Wiki links above. I would suggest reading the Cnet.com link because it's more accessible.

DVD is not superior to Blu-Ray OR HD-DVD. In comparision, the DVD is so far out of it's league it's playing a completely different sport....

wink i'm not really saying DVD is better....i know HD-dvd and Blu-ray can beat normal DVD.....i'm just telling you that DVD must have the capabilty of 720p and 1080i cause if you read the back of the cases on the games for the 360 it says "HDTV 480p/720p/1080i" . What's the reason in even putting that there if it's not true? i don't think they would put false info on them if DVD couldn't atleast hold 720 por 1080i...

Draco69
i'm not really saying DVD is better....i know HD-dvd and Blu-ray can beat normal DVD.....i'm just telling you that DVD must have the capabilty of 720p and 1080i cause if you read the back of the cases on the games for the 360 it says "HDTV 480p/720p/1080i" . What's the reason in even putting that there if it's not true? i don't think they would put false info on them if DVD couldn't atleast hold 720 por 1080i...

You read the back wrong...

The XBOX 360 can sustain high-definition video for high-definition DVDs in the future.

Which is the HD-DVD.

Which isn't out yet.

They're not lying. They're just not referring to the DVD. You've watched a DVD. If you EVER saw a high-definition video before you would know that the DVD and the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray are completely different animals.

The DVD is NOT capable of 720P OR 1080i. You need to get this in your head. It's not physically possible. It's like trying to put Final Fantasy X or Halo into a Game Boy Advance cartridge. You got it?

ALSO, the instructions refer to the type of television you have. If you have a high-definition television then....

Smasandian

The XBOX 360 can sustain high-definition video for high-definition DVDs in the future.

Which is the HD-DVD.

Which isn't out yet.

They're not lying. They're just not referring to the DVD. You've watched a DVD. If you EVER saw a high-definition video before you would know that the DVD and the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray are completely different animals.

The DVD is NOT capable of 720P OR 1080i. You need to get this in your head. It's not physically possible. It's like trying to put Final Fantasy X or Halo into a Game Boy Advance cartridge. You got it?

ALSO, the instructions refer to the type of television you have. If you have a high-definition television then....

I think you two are on different pages.

Draco is saying DVD cant support HD video, which it cant.
Crazy Shadow is saying XBOX's DVD's can hold images that are HD, which it can.

There you go guys, arguement solved.

crazy_shadow

no i didn't it says it right there http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/5499/hdtv7fg.png

no expression

I think you two are on different pages.

Draco is saying DVD cant support HD video, which it cant.
Crazy Shadow is saying XBOX's DVD's can hold images that are HD, which it can.

There you go guys, arguement solved.

hellz yeah xD

Draco69
no i didn't it says it right there http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/5499/hdtv7fg.png

no expression

Yes. It's referring to the fact that the XBOX 360 is compatible with an HDTV to show high-definition images. Which is isnt supported by a regular televisions.

How a DVD doesn't possess high-definition picture quality. READ THE ARTICLES. Even just briefly glancing at them will convince you..... sad

Smasandian
So Draco, how can 1080i be supported with XBOX 360 on DVD-ROM's?

I'm actually wondering?

sully_2u
You guys, it isn't really about the disc format either. It has alot to do with the drive itself.

Draco69, you yourself said that DVD can't go up to 720p or 1080i but if you use common sense, the drive for the 360 as of right now is a regular DVD drive and they still get 1080i out of the games.

It is the optical reader of the drive that allows the HD and not just the discs.

crazy_shadow
You guys, it isn't really about the disc format either. It has alot to do with the drive itself.

Draco69, you yourself said that DVD can't go up to 720p or 1080i but if you use common sense, the drive for the 360 as of right now is a regular DVD drive and they still get 1080i out of the games.

It is the optical reader of the drive that allows the HD and not just the discs.

AHHHHH YEAH XD

C-Dic

The funny thing is that alot of casual moviegoers dont even like High Def movies....."it's too clear".

If they can't afford them, from whom are you getting that opinion? Or are you just making a (bad) joke...?

HD-DVD and Blu Ray Players upconvert regular DVD's to 720p automatically. The difference is minimal on a plasma HDTV, and LCD HDTV isn't available in 1080p, anyway.

A) it's a better disc overall compared to the HD-DVD

B) NINETY PERCENT of all movie studios and film corporations have sided with the Blu-Ray. HD-DVD literally has only 7 while Blu-Ray has over a thousand.

..and the one reason nobody will go with Blu Ray is that the player is $1,000 compared to the $500 HD-DVD player. Also, Blu Ray titles are being cancelled left and right, as we speak because lack of support and incomplete technology. There are 5 titles dropping on the 27th when the players are first made available. At $600 dollars, nobodies going to be able to afford the PS3, either. The Deluxe 360 united are also scheduled for a price drop the same day the HD add on is made available, making it the best choice.

The main reasons that HD/Blu-ray won't be the standard for a couple of years at least are because A) a monopoly on the market, player wise. B) multiple bugs in the systems. C) $30 for one DVD is insane.

sully_2u
And if you look, original xbox games go up to 720p so that throws your case right out the door.

There is even a couple original xbox games that support 1080i like Atari Anthology. All of these must be on plain DVD's so i have to say that you are wrong.

sully_2u
http://www.hdtvarcade.com

http://www.oppodigital.com/Getting-Most-out-of-DVD-on-HDTV-Display.html

C-Dic

There is even a couple original xbox games that support 1080i like Atari Anthology. All of these must be on plain DVD's so i have to say that you are wrong.

Even "Superbit" DVD titles will look and sound as good as most HD-DVD players, especially with the upconversion. It all boils down to the bitrate and compression, which is what is supposed to sell Blu-ray, when in fact, 50 megs isn't all that necessary.

crazy_shadow
remember, xbox360 games arent just normal DVD's.....they're dual layer xD

El_NINO
remember, xbox360 games arent just normal DVD's.....they're dual layer xD

They have always been dual layer (DVD-9) dating back to the original XBOX and PS2

jaden101
cant see this dying down any time soon

sony own the catalogues of nearly 60% of all hollywood films and if they want to release it on a format they developed themselves in order to make profit than i guess thats up to them

although you would've thought that the minidisc and betamax would have taught them a lesson

apparently not

El_NINO
Originally posted by jaden101
cant see this dying down any time soon

sony own the catalogues of nearly 60% of all hollywood films and if they want to release it on a format they developed themselves in order to make profit than i guess thats up to them

although you would've thought that the minidisc and betamax would have taught them a lesson

apparently not

SONY didnt create Blu-Ray. Blu-Ray is an idependant company last time I checked.

Smasandian
Originally posted by C-Dic
If they can't afford them, from whom are you getting that opinion? Or are you just making a (bad) joke...?

My friends and people I talk to on a daily basis. They cant afford them, doesnt mean they havnt seen HD before, and when they do, they dont like it.

I know that doesnt mean shit overall, but they're all casual moviegoers and they all dont like HD.
But I'm wrong, and I shouldnt of said that because it doesnt equal to the majority of the people.

crazy_shadow
They have always been dual layer (DVD-9) dating back to the original XBOX and PS2 Xbox and PS2 are normal DVD's. they hold 4.5 GB, dual layer carry 9 GB. look up specs...

Xbox : "Support for DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 CD, JPEG Photo CD"

PS2 : "Compatible format: PlayStation format CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 format CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 format DVD-ROM, Audio CD, DVD-Video*, DVD-RW (VR mode), * The term "DVD-Video" is used to refer to DVD-R, DVD-RW (Video mode), DVD+R and DVD+RW discs."

:s no Dual layer

office jesus
Seriously. Who gives a shit? Sony's going to shove HD-DVD down everyone's throat, forcing everyone to upgrade. Blu-Ray....eh.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by office jesus
Seriously. Who gives a shit? Sony's going to shove HD-DVD down everyone's throat, forcing everyone to upgrade. Blu-Ray....eh.

Why the hell would Sony shove HD-DVD down everybody's throat, when they're supporting Blu-Ray? What the f**k?

Another question: do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Draco69
Originally posted by C-Dic

..and the one reason nobody will go with Blu Ray is that the player is $1,000 compared to the $500 HD-DVD player. Also, Blu Ray titles are being cancelled left and right, as we speak because lack of support and incomplete technology. There are 5 titles dropping on the 27th when the players are first made available. At $600 dollars, nobodies going to be able to afford the PS3, either. The Deluxe 360 united are also scheduled for a price drop the same day the HD add on is made available, making it the best choice.

The main reasons that HD/Blu-ray won't be the standard for a couple of years at least are because A) a monopoly on the market, player wise. B) multiple bugs in the systems. C) $30 for one DVD is insane.

Very good points.

Sony made a VERY risky decision by making the PS3 based on Blu-Ray format. They need to win the war or else....

I hope they do. I want all three consoles to exist despite the rampant bloodlust to kill one console or another.... confused

El_NINO
Xbox and PS2 are normal DVD's. they hold 4.5 GB, dual layer carry 9 GB. look up specs...

Xbox : "Support for DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 CD, JPEG Photo CD"

PS2 : "Compatible format: PlayStation format CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 format CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 format DVD-ROM, Audio CD, DVD-Video*, DVD-RW (VR mode), * The term "DVD-Video" is used to refer to DVD-R, DVD-RW (Video mode), DVD+R and DVD+RW discs."

:s no Dual layer

Thanks for posting specs to what movies you can view or music cds you can put in. Some games do use DL DVDs.

crazy_shadow
Thanks for posting specs to what movies you can view or music cds you can put in. Some games do use DL DVDs. i was posting what the system can read. and dual layer DVD is not one of the types of disks it can read. notice it saying "compatible format"

http://www.dvdrw.com/press/duallayer.htm

dual layer = 2003

ps2 = 2000

xbox = 2002

turns out xbox never supported dual layer. PS2 did not at first either, but then in later models did support it. ----Supported Disc Media: PlayStation 2 format CD-ROM, PlayStation format CD-ROM, Compact Disc Audio, PlayStation format DVD-ROM (4.7 GB), DVD Video (4.7 GB). ====Later models are DVD-9 (8.5 GB Dual-Layer)=====, DVD+RW, and DVD-RW compatible.-----

so i do say i was wrong about the ps2. i was reading specs they had on release not later. but xbox never had the support for it as far as wikipedia explains.

BackFire
I don't give two pieces of shit which format wins. It won't effect me nor most people who aren't stupid early adopters who buy everything when it comes out just for the sake of buying everything.

El_NINO
Hello everyone, today I dont have an article but instead its a cut and past from another forum that I found by reading up more about HD-DVD and Blu Ray. This is short as always but very shocking.

The user types:

My Best Boy Experience (alarming for HD DVD survival)
So I go into Best Buy in Pleasant Hill, CA to check out Blu Ray and HD DVD once again. I see the Blu Ray player in their "Magnolia" home theater setup connected to a 50inch Elite Plasma.

After fiddling with the TV for a while, we couldn't get it working so I ask the Magnolia Rep (operations not sales) assisting me, to show me HD DVD which I assumed would be displayed in a similar manner. Certainly not the case. At the end of an isle, the HD DVD setup is connected to a Westinghouse 37inch and enough bright lights around it to give you a nice tan. This guy was really cool about everything and liked idea of comparing the 2 units on the same screen so he brought along the Samsung.

Arriving at the isle we discover that the HD DVD player is hooked up via componenet and playing the demo disc. We connect the Blu Ray player and it comes on. We go into setup to select 1080p but it's grayed out. It'll only allow 1080i for the Westinghouse (anyone know why?). Well, whatever.....we select 1080i and start the movie which happened to be House of Flying Daggers. I take the remote and jump right into an action scene towards the middlee of the film where the girl is in the middle of the bamboo forest and getting attacked.

About 2 mins into it, the Magnolia rep starts laughing "wow, this sucks." I couldn't help but agree. During this time, a tall sales person with an Eastern European accent who'd been watching us for a bit, comes over with a completely different reaction "beautiful...best picture I've seen." We both just nod our head "sure." After about 10mins of watching this mess, we properly connect the HD DVD player via HDMI and start the demo. I asked them to play a movie but he tells me "we're not allowed" so I calmly state that I'll BUY the movie and let's see it. "Can't." Nothing I said was good enough let me, an obvious buyer, play a real movie. Needless to say, even in such horrid display conditions, the HD DVD blew away the Blu Ray.

Our Borat starts panicking and going "ooooohh. you HAVE to see the blu ray on the Elite. It's not designed for LCD's...." he proceeds to pull the HDMI cable from the HD DVD set, takes it, goes and hooks the Blu Ray up to the Elite as I go back over there. We now have it hooked up on a $5000+ display with much better lighting and still the picture looks slightly better but easily dwarfed by the HD broadcasts going around on the different displays.

Borat for the life of him cannot get over how wonderful the picture is so I ask him to bring over the HD DVD player, hook it up and lets see it. I'll buy a movie, yet still, No go! So Borat finally leaves after another 10mins of trying to sell me the Samsung. In the mean time the Magnolia Rep is still very honest and tries to find me an A1 somewhere. Unfortunately not the case.

So we talk a bit and it turns our that BB has clearly stated that they are to promote Blu Ray due to the high margins. They're also told to NOT play actual movies in the Toshiba and do not directly compare both players.

The highlight: They sold 1 Samsung and it was returned. They have 2 more but have gathered no interest. HD DVD players keep getting inquired about and generally people get quite frustrated about trying to be steered away each time.

The alarming thing is that if one of the biggest shops is going to treat HD DVD like this, then it's too much work for word of mouth to spread the news. In SOME positive light, I went to Fry's afterwards and they gave HD DVD the proper treatment so it was in a display room playing Phantom of the Opera and it looked beautiful, coupled with a Samsung flat panel. He told me he had one in stock and I asked for it but then it turns out the sold the last one earlier that day.

El_NINO
http://news.com.com/1606-12_3-6087957.html?part=rss&tag=6087957&subj=news

The very first review of Blu Ray.

crazy_shadow
and everyone makes it sound like HD-DVD is a nintendo while Blu-Ray is an Xbox360. my god peeps, listen to that xD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.