world cup football?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hell's Harmony
well i was thinking since their is a world cup soccer,baseball next it should be football right.

PINBALL
No....usa would murder anybody...thats the reason they don't have an olympic team because most good players are from the USA so it would be pretty much a massacre...

Alpha Centauri
There isn't actually a WORLD tournament for baseball. It's just every team in America.

They should call it the American Series, not the World Series.

-AC

Hell's Harmony
o really well football should be before baseball. that would be awesome,Asian people playing football?

Df02
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
There isn't actually a WORLD tournament for baseball. It's just every team in America.

-AC

and the USA dont even win it.

Barker
Originally posted by Hell's Harmony
well i was thinking since their is a world cup soccer,baseball next it should be football right.
Isn't the Name "World Cup Football" already taken?

Smasandian

-AC

Yea, they're is.

It's the World Baseball Classic, and has teams from Canada, most of the Caribean countries, Japan, South Korea, South Africa, Mexico, USA and a couple of other smaller nations.

So yes, they're is an world tournament for baseball.

But I agree that the World Series, shouldnt be called the World Series, but its already been done, and its been called that for over 60 years.

They cant have an American football tournment because only 2 countries play the sport and both of them have completly different rules, so they're isnt any point.

JacopeX
Face it, soccer is the best roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin

El_NINO

-AC

I have been asking myself that quesion for years as to why its called "World Series" when most of the teams are in the US and 1 in Canada, last time I checked the world was more than 2 countries unless they are talking about players from around the world, even then the name should be changed.

Hell's Harmony
well what about the football thing do you think their should be a world cup football

Dexx
Originally posted by Smasandian

They cant have an American football tournment because only 2 countries play the sport and both of them have completly different rules, so they're isnt any point.

this answers your question mate.
try using punctuation. quite helpful

Hell's Harmony
na,it gets in the way.;

RogerRamjet
soccer...he said soccer...doh

JacopeX
Originally posted by RogerRamjet
soccer...he said soccer...doh ooops sorry i ment to say wuz

"Face it Soccer/Football/Futbol is the best"

Stun

-AC

yes, that always bugged me for some reason

Borbarad
But I agree that the World Series, shouldnt be called the World Series, but its already been done, and its been called that for over 60 years.

The "World Series" did receive that name from the first financial sponsor of the event - the "New York World". wink

Myth
Originally posted by Stun
yes, that always bugged me for some reason

What about NBA? "National Basketball Association"....... featuring Toronto.

El_NINO
Originally posted by Myth

Just like NHL "National Hockey League" featuring American teams

Hell's Harmony
The same thing with football,The national football league.

Legion_of_Maul

-AC then how did korea beat japan?

Alpha Centauri
Is that still the World Series? Or is that just allowing teams that are good?

If that's the case, USA can kiss their ticket to the World Cup goodbye unless they get better.

-AC

Dregh
Argentina - 6
Serbia & Montenegro - 0

And to think Europeans just scored once against them in an entire qualifying round.

Smasandian
Is that still the World Series? Or is that just allowing teams that are good?

If that's the case, USA can kiss their ticket to the World Cup goodbye unless they get better.

-AC

No, its not the World Series... its the World Baseball Classic, an baseball tournment that countries take part in, like the ones I mentioned.

The World Series is the playoff in Major League Baseball. Countries have nothing to do with this.

PINBALL
I think it is called the world series because the players are from all over the world....

botankus
Originally posted by Myth

Originally posted by El_NINO
Just like NHL "National Hockey League" featuring American teams

And the NFL, featuring teams with domed stadiums.

JacopeX
If American football had a world cup, i would blind myself. Only in america....please

Soccer/Football/futbol IS all over the world and it makes alot of sence.

Basketball is also an international sport but they only do touranment for thgat in the olympics. Same with baseball

Smasandian
Originally posted by botankus
And the NFL, featuring teams with domed stadiums.

But it gets cold outside.....

Your wrong JacopX, basketball has an world tournment every year. Or maybe every couple of years... but theyre is one and currently Argentina is the world's best.

JacopeX
But it gets cold outside.....

Your wrong JacopX, basketball has an world tournment every year. Or maybe every couple of years... but theyre is one and currently Argentina is the world's best. Oh well thanks for correcting me and I agree, they have great shooters Ive ever seen in argentina when they played USA.

fini
BUT IT is Football. ( soccer is the italian word for football) everyone else in the world calls it football. Its even in the name FIFA....... football association

And only 2 countries i know of play " american football" how can you play world cup " american football' when two countries play it seriously??????? Besides american football is a pansy game, Rugby is FAR better, lol.

Bardock42
I thought it derived from "association football".

Smasandian
Originally posted by fini
BUT IT is Football. ( soccer is the italian word for football) everyone else in the world calls it football. Its even in the name FIFA....... football association

And only 2 countries i know of play " american football" how can you play world cup " american football' when two countries play it seriously??????? Besides american football is a pansy game, Rugby is FAR better, lol.

Thanks, thats already been answered.

And really, can people stop calling american football a pansy game until they actually play the ****ing sport.

forumcrew
Originally posted by JacopeX
If American football had a world cup, i would blind myself. Only in america....please

Soccer/Football/futbol IS all over the world and it makes alot of sence.

Basketball is also an international sport but they only do touranment for thgat in the olympics. Same with baseball

baseball started a world tournament this year, and basketball plays internationaly too. American style football does have teams in canada and europe, but a world wide tournament would be stupid because it would be an NFL pro-bowl team against no bodies.

botankus
Originally posted by fini
Besides american football is a pansy game, Rugby is FAR better, lol.

That's okay. I call sports I know nothing about pieces of shit kiddie games, too. Like rugby.

PINBALL
The players whoe play in Canada and Europe usually play there because they arn't good enough to play in the NFL....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.