Who's more of a badass: Vader or Palpatine?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Vader or Palpatine?

Null ARC Avis
when? ROTS or the OT?

Razielim
Dude.

OT Vader owns Star Wards.

OT Vader is Star Wars.

OT Vader. OT Vader. OT VADER.

Lord Bryan
Vader.

Sin Harvest
Vader

Legion_of_Maul
Vader, the very first sith lord in george's mind, in all star wars the first sith was darth vader.

Sin Harvest
When you hear Star Wars you think Darth Vader.

Rampant ox
When I hear Star Wars I think Count Dooku!!! stick out tongue

Captain REX
You would. ermm

I say Vader.

TheBalance
Originally posted by Rampant ox

F***ing Obsessed laughing
hate to see what you'd do when u met him sick laughing
at least my idiolic star wars character (Quinlan Vos) resisted the dark side, survived order 66, had a lover and a child and died of old age.
Dooku (though Powerful and dedicated) was a pwn and naive and died to the hands of Anakin Skywalker (soon to be Darth Vadar) which is what this thread is all about.

Badass as in cool: Vadar
Badass as in Evil and powerful: Sidious (not Palpatine, he's the senator)

peace out brothers

Rampant ox
Originally posted by TheBalance
F***ing Obsessed laughing
hate to see what you'd do when u met him sick laughing

Wtf is that supposed to mean?!?! Anyway of course I have met him - I am his apprentice after all!! stick out tongue

TheBalance
Wtf is that supposed to mean?!?! Anyway of course I have met him - I am his apprentice after all!! stick out tongue

its meant to mean exactly what it says, get over dooku he's not the greatest and is not alive anymore, he died and so should your obsession with him, its pissing everyone off and ur just embarrasing urself.
and stop dying ur hair white and wearing a cape... laughing Happy Dance
i hope u are being sarcastic about the apprentice thing

look at his wimpimg face... a jedi has no fear of death because they know it is the way of the force and is their destiny and that they will become on with the force. Dooku was scared and wimping about his life and finally realized he was a pwn, a truly mindfully weak and naive pwn...

BlaxicanTroller
Thats not a look of fear. Thats a look of "Damn, I should have switched my master's insurance to geico", look.

TheBalance
Originally posted by BlaxicanTroller
Thats not a look of fear. Thats a look of "Damn, I should have switched my master's insurance to geico", look.

touche, touche cool

which reminds me...

Null ARC Avis
lol

Count Kent
Vader is what SW is about. He is the ultimate villain.

Sin Harvest

What the f**k? Everyone watched Episode 1-3 not for Count Dooku but to see Anakin's transformation into Darth Vader. That's what Episode III was all about. Anakin's last steps into the great Darth Vader.

Rampant ox
its meant to mean exactly what it says, get over dooku he's not the greatest and is not alive anymore, he died and so should your obsession with him, its pissing everyone off and ur just embarrasing urself.
and stop dying ur hair white and wearing a cape... laughing Happy Dance
i hope u are being sarcastic about the apprentice thing

look at his wimpimg face... a jedi has no fear of death because they know it is the way of the force and is their destiny and that they will become on with the force. Dooku was scared and wimping about his life and finally realized he was a pwn, a truly mindfully weak and naive pwn...

Im going to ignore the first part of that. Dooku isnt alive because he isnt real - everyone knows that. And me being his apprentice was obviously sarcasm because of the fact he doesnt even exist.

Anyway the look on his face wasnt wimpy. It was more of surprise. His 'loyal' master had just told Anakin to kill him, the same master her promised to step in and help if anything went wrong. And besides it doesnt matter if he was scared of death or not, he wasnt a jedi he was a sith - and sith dont want to die. And about him being a weak pawn, dont make me laugh. He was one of the strongest beings in the galaxy and had accomplished far more than anyone else, except for perhaps Sids himself. And in ROTS he stayed loyal right up to the end. He could have revealed Sids true identity but didnt. That takes guts and courage.

overlord
You being his apprentice is sarcasm? Woah.. You're a weird man. It's a lame and dumb joke, not sarcasm. Okay?
By the way, where did you get the information that Sidious told Dooku "hey, don't worry man.. I'll step in if anything goes wrong. Like if you suddenly get your hands cut off and such, you know, silly stuff.."

Dooku could've died without knowing it just like what happened to his hands. How the hell would Sidious know when to step in or be able to?

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by overlord
You being his apprentice is sarcasm? Woah.. You're a weird man. It's a lame and dumb joke, not sarcasm. Okay?
By the way, where did you get the information that Sidious told Dooku "hey, don't worry man.. I'll step in if anything goes wrong. Like if you suddenly get your hands cut off and such, you know, silly stuff.."

Dooku could've died without knowing it just like what happened to his hands. How the hell would Sidious know when to step in or be able to? Labyrinth of Evil and The Making of Revenge of the Sith, that's where he got it from, that and the RotS novel.

((The_Anomaly))
EDIT

Sin Harvest

Dooku could've died without knowing it just like what happened to his hands. How the hell would Sidious know when to step in or be able to?

What are you talking about? Palpatine did step in by telling Anakin "kill him. Kill him now."

Captain REX
roll eyes (sarcastic)

I think towards the end of Labyrinth of Evil, Palpy was in contact with Dooku and told him that, in the event that Dooku was defeated, he'd step in. I can't remember, though.

Sin Harvest
But Palpatine also said something like Dooku would be able to defeat Anakin also.

Escape81
Vader.

Vader is one of - if not the - most iconic movie villains of all time, and is widely considered to be the "face" (mask, I suppose. . . ) of Star Wars, as a whole.

In terms of absolute villainy and evil, then Palpatine would be the victor. He is, according to George Lucas, the true and ultimate villain of the Star Wars universe.

Essentially, if I didn't know any better, I'd sooner fight the shriveled old man instead of the nearly seven-foot-obsidian-clad giant.

Then again, I'd get my ass electrocuted. What is it about Star Wars, making the most powerful characters old people (and women)?

I'll never be able to go to my Nursing Home the same again . . .

Escape81
As for the Count Dooku issue -

1. Rampant Ox, despite times when he argues against logic and canon, is entitled to his opinion, bias, and preferences.

2. Count Dooku wasn't an idiot. On the contrary, he's a cunning, manipulative, intelligent aristocrat. But, yes. In the end, he was a pawn in the service of a more powerful villain.

3. I wouldn't rank Count Dooku as one of the greatest Sith Lords. He was a pawn to the greatest Sith Lords, but that doesn't make him one of. All he did was execute Palpatine's plan, and then got executed himself. :P

Sidious, then Bane and Kun are the best.

Razielim
I'd say Sidious, Bane and Sadow are the best.

Sadow represents the pinnacle of influence in regards to the Ancient Sith Lords. He's the best representation of the Sith empires who'd try to take the Republic with bloody war.

Bane... He was the last of the old and the first of the new. 'Nuff said.

Sidious represented the pinnacle of power and influence in Bane's Sith Order. He was the phantom menace and the revenge of the sith.

TheBalance
I agree entirely and i was just having fun with him, but truly i do get annoyed at how he goes into any thread and just starts spouting stuff bout Count Dooku the title is "Who's more of a badass: Vader or Palpatine?" nothing to do with Dooku and nobody mentioned him and then in comes Rampant and starts talking about how SW is Dooku...

Never said he was, just naive theres a differance, like rampant, he's naive not an idiot, i have no doubt that he is problably a very intelligible man, no joke!

Never said he was any less powerful, but he got used! -Agreed

Agreed, Agreed, Agreed eek! : He was a great jedi but less as a sith but i fully agree with everything you just said because everything that you thought i said and contested, i didn't say so the were just valid points. so good debate and i believe we have come to an agreement:

Dooku was majorly powerful but the most powerful, he had skills in goverment, politics and the sith arts but was still a pawn in the end.
"He was a pawn to the greatest Sith Lords, but that doesn't make him one of. All he did was execute Palpatine's plan, and then got executed himself."
and that yes, he should have switched his master's insurance to geico.

and that rampant is obsessed and should not intrude with dooku stuff in forums that have nothing to do with him.

peace out...

Rampant ox
I agree entirely and i was just having fun with him, but truly i do get annoyed at how he goes into any thread and just starts spouting stuff bout Count Dooku the title is "Who's more of a badass: Vader or Palpatine?" nothing to do with Dooku and nobody mentioned him and then in comes Rampant and starts talking about how SW is Dooku...

Hahaha. Sorry bout that. I got a bit carried away...

overlord
Originally posted by Captain REX
roll eyes (sarcastic)

I think towards the end of Labyrinth of Evil, Palpy was in contact with Dooku and told him that, in the event that Dooku was defeated, he'd step in. I can't remember, though. Sidious: "Dooku.. In the unlikely event that your head or hands fly off, I will break free and step in, trust me"

Dooku: "DERRRR... OKAY!!!"

Rampant ox
Sidious: "Dooku.. In the unlikely event that your head or hands fly off, I will break free and step in, trust me"

Dooku: "DERRRR... OKAY!!!"

Exactly. But not quite that primitive. And Dooku doesnt yell.

overlord
LOLZ!!! TEH FUNNY!!! If Dooku would nearly be dead, then Sidious would come and rescue him?!! If you lose a lightsaber duel, you are dead most of the time! This is absurd, it can't be true!
I want the quote from the book! This is too unbelievable!

FistOfThe North
I say Sidious. Vader had good in him.

Tangible God
ESB Vader was the badass. All the other Vaders were either ANH "sorta bad," or overshadowed by Palpatine or his own redemption in ROTJ.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.