Season 6 Episode 6/1 Titled "Zod"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
Thanks to K-site for the scoopage. Not much of a shocker on the title is it. laughing out loud

NoFate007
I wonder who its about.....................................lol

Darth Macabre
Who's Zod? stick out tongue

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Who's Zod? stick out tongue
A rebel Kryptonian who had something to do with the destruction of Kyrpton according to "Smallville".

And so now he wants to create a sort of new Krypton on Earth based on his ideology, enslaving all humankind.

((The_Anomaly))
i think he was kidding

Dan-El
The question is will they be able to get Zod's disciples back? One is on Law and Order, the other is on Heroes...

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
A rebel Kryptonian who had something to do with the destruction of Kyrpton according to "Smallville".

And so now he wants to create a sort of new Krypton on Earth based on his ideology, enslaving all humankind.

Dude, I was joking...Hence the "sticking the tongue out smiley". I've watched Smallville since day 1....If I didn't know who Zod was, I think I'd shoot myself.

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
i think he was kidding

Guess it went over his head huh?

Jedi Priestess
Updates taken directly from the K-Site

Episode #6-1: "Zod" Tentative Air Date: September 21, 2006

Written By: Steven S. DeKnight
Directed By: James Marshall

UPDATED 6/26/06: Casting notices for the role of "Jimmy Olsen" have gone out for the season premiere! No further information is available at this time.

UPDATE TO THAT UPDATE (6/28): "Secretagentman" has revealed that Smallville's Jimmy Olsen is in his twenties. He is described as "adorable" and pesters Chloe for a dinner date until she finally gives in. Apparently they'd interacted in the past and each thought the other wasn't interested. The casting breakdowns imply that the character will recur throughout the season. It also says that Jimmy nicknames Clark "C.K.," which is a trait originated with Michael Landes' Jimmy Olsen in Lois & Clark.

EVEN MORE SPOILERS ADDED ON 6/28: Nam-Ek and Aethyr (from "Arrival"wink WILL be seen again, but the roles ARE being recast. The role of the President is also being cast for the episode.

Casting notices have also gone out for the role of a character named "Raya," whom "Secretagentman" reveals was an assistant of Jor-El's who helps Clark get out of the Phantom Zone. It sounds as though Raya will give Clark a crystal that will help him to stop Lex/Zod.

UPDATED 6/17/06: Title & Director Revealed. Please do not repost this on other websites.

- It's been said that the two Kryptonian baddies last seen in "Arrival" may return in Season Six. However, the actors who played them may not be available - Alana De La Garza has signed on to join the cast of Law & Order and Leonard Roberts will be in NBC's new series Heroes.
- It is rumored that James Marsters may appear in Smallville's Season 6 premiere.
- It sounds like all of Smallville's seven lead characters will survive into the next season.
- Will Lex keep his powers? Guess we'll have to wait and see...
- This is said to be a "really big" episode.

JaxN
SPOILERS

*cough* for other countries

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by JaxN
SPOILERS

*cough* for other countries

If you're not done with season 5, why would you come into a thread clearly saying season 6? What the f**k?

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
If you're not done with season 5, why would you come into a thread clearly saying season 6? What the f**k?

TO type a snarky reply like that. laughing out loud

Seriously, use your brain JaxN. Its not out fault you all arent done, you guys have to learn to avoid the Season 6 threads since we are and we are gonna talk about it.

Jedi Priestess
Update: Filming starts July 11th smile

vorpal
I thought it started ages ago. Does anybody know when it will be back on TV?

Jedi Priestess
Tentative Air Date: September 21, 2006 is all we know right now.

vorpal
Ahh Ok, THanks Jedi Priestess

Shadow_King
so is this a discussion about the first episode of season 6?

pr1983
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Updates taken directly from the K-Site

Episode #6-1: "Zod" Tentative Air Date: September 21, 2006

Written By: Steven S. DeKnight
Directed By: James Marshall

UPDATED 6/26/06: Casting notices for the role of "Jimmy Olsen" have gone out for the season premiere! No further information is available at this time.

UPDATE TO THAT UPDATE (6/28): "Secretagentman" has revealed that Smallville's Jimmy Olsen is in his twenties. He is described as "adorable" and pesters Chloe for a dinner date until she finally gives in. Apparently they'd interacted in the past and each thought the other wasn't interested. The casting breakdowns imply that the character will recur throughout the season. It also says that Jimmy nicknames Clark "C.K.," which is a trait originated with Michael Landes' Jimmy Olsen in Lois & Clark.

EVEN MORE SPOILERS ADDED ON 6/28: Nam-Ek and Aethyr (from "Arrival"wink WILL be seen again, but the roles ARE being recast. The role of the President is also being cast for the episode.

Casting notices have also gone out for the role of a character named "Raya," whom "Secretagentman" reveals was an assistant of Jor-El's who helps Clark get out of the Phantom Zone. It sounds as though Raya will give Clark a crystal that will help him to stop Lex/Zod.

UPDATED 6/17/06: Title & Director Revealed. Please do not repost this on other websites.

- It's been said that the two Kryptonian baddies last seen in "Arrival" may return in Season Six. However, the actors who played them may not be available - Alana De La Garza has signed on to join the cast of Law & Order and Leonard Roberts will be in NBC's new series Heroes.
- It is rumored that James Marsters may appear in Smallville's Season 6 premiere.
- It sounds like all of Smallville's seven lead characters will survive into the next season.
- Will Lex keep his powers? Guess we'll have to wait and see...
- This is said to be a "really big" episode.

Wow... i mean seriously... this whole zod thing is getting ridiculous...

Shadow_King
it says you're not allowed to post it on another site...uh oh someone is in trouble

Jedi Priestess
LOL Oh please. laughing out loud Me and about 6 thousand other peeps then.

Shadow_King
So like does lana know lex isnt lex??

Jman196
why is Zod horny for lana, doesn't he only like his kryptonian women

Jedi Priestess
slam

Jedi Priestess

Darth Macabre

Dan-El
Would this make Shawn and Aaron Ashemore the "Olson Twins"?

General Kon-El
Not funny.

Dan-El
Yeah, thought I'd give it a shot... Makes me sad it took 2 days for you to figure it out, though...

Two more weeks!

Bardock42
Hahaha Nam-Ek ...hahaha

Jedi Priestess
15 minutes to "ZOD" w00t! Happy Dance

Kal875
The only thing I didnt like about the episode is that it ended.

Who else thought that Clark was going to fly right before the commercial brake? They had the music going and everything!

Jedi Priestess
I thought the exact same thing about flying. AWESOME EPI!

Kal875
I missed a part in the beginning though, The man Lionel was talking to, who was he?

Dan-El
The limo driver.

Oh, and that EPISODE was AWESOME!!!

Kal875
Thanks

Darth Vicious
I liked the whole "kneel before me" part, It was an obvious homage to Superman 2 but I dont remember Clark getting the crystal in the first place but I also thought the whole "S" symbol was a nice touch.

mhgilliam
My TiVO didn't record, does anyone know how I can see the episode???

badabing
Originally posted by mhgilliam
My TiVO didn't record, does anyone know how I can see the episode???
Aww dude. That sucks. Maybe they will have a replay on the web. What's the network called now, CW? BTW, I liked the episode. There were a lot of homages to Superman II.

Lord Evolution
try you tube smile

Im going to be brief with my review: 4/5

Lois is going end up being religous this season I can just feel it.

Lana was extra cute in this episode

Lex played Zod well

episode seemed rush

Is Milton Fine done? I hope he comes back, James Marsters is one of my favorite actors!

At the end didnt it seem like Clark was desperately trying to find a girlfriend? First he went to Chloe and mentioned the kiss then he went to Lois and was holding her hand. Bah I dont know what hes doing.

"Kneel to Zod" Happy Dance

who else escaped the phantom zone?

Henke007
Kneel before Zod, ohh i can just see Terence Stamp in Superman 2 that was awsome.

The episode was great i loved the effects on this episode especially when Clark and Lex where fighting...

And Martha in the fortress speaking to Jor-EL that was a great moment ..

and those beasts from the phantom zone i whonder what part they are gonna play later on..

Catch u later CK lol Lois and Clark homage

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Henke007
Kneel before Zod, ohh i can just see Terence Stamp in Superman 2 that was awsome.

The episode was great i loved the effects on this episode especially when Clark and Lex where fighting...

And Martha in the fortress speaking to Jor-EL that was a great moment ..

and those beasts from the phantom zone i whonder what part they are gonna play later on..

Catch u later CK lol Lois and Clark homage

Even when Clark managed to get Zod out of lex's body u could clearly see the use Terrence Stamp's Zod(S2) image, black outfit and everthing. I wonder how many "phantoms" escaped.

Marth18
Well, in the sky when those beams were coming out and clark landed on earth there were like 4 or 5 others.....but! i only saw two phantoms get sucked into the portal ..thats if they didnt show them all

Dan-El
So every now and then Clark's going to be battling these phatoms? I'm a bit iffy about that...

Marth18
maybe flash green lantern aquaman also?

Kal875
green arrow must have something to do with the capturing of them

Marth18
Makes sense

allofyousuckkk
there were 6...i counted when he landed on earth

BobbyD
...first episode wasn't so bad. Seeing Lana still makes my blood boil though. Grrr! mad

Lord Evolution
i think the 2 kryptonians escaped also..or just 1 but i definiteky think one of them did

Kal875
1 died didnt he?

Dan-El
Yeah. Anyone know if the episode is posted anywhere online yet?

Lord Evolution
you tube?

NoFate007
I was a little disappointed, waiting so long for that. It wasn't a BAD episode...but the long gap made me build it up quite a lot.

Chloe gets better looking with every episode, though lol.

Kal875
I noticed that also

Dan-El
Episode 1 is now posted on Limewire, for those that have it!

ManO'Tomorrow
Youtube also has it in four parts.

Lord Evolution
Chloe looks good when she keeps her mouth shut! When she starts talkin' she can become more annoying than Lois and at that point I just cant bring myself to be attracted to her.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Dan-El
Yeah. Anyone know if the episode is posted anywhere online yet?

was posted online an hour after it aired silly laughing out loud

Dan-El
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
was posted online an hour after it aired silly laughing out loud
Wait, I could've gotten it from that site then? Dammit...

I think she sounds a lot better than Lana. Always bitching and moaning, always forgiving Lex for being a complete ass. What a little *****...

Kal875
tell me about it dude, when Clark did the smallest thing wrong it was ***** ***** *****

ManO'Tomorrow
Originally posted by Lord Evolution

Lois is going end up being religous this season I can just feel it.

Now I know that the writers do some things that don't exactly follow the Superman continuity but this? NO. I think this scene was designed to give Lois the motivation to finally do something with her life like... I don't know... beginning her career as a journalist.

Originally posted by Lord Evolution

At the end didnt it seem like Clark was desperately trying to find a girlfriend? First he went to Chloe and mentioned the kiss then he went to Lois and was holding her hand. Bah I dont know what hes doing.

At this point in the show the only constants in Clark's life are his mother, Chloe and Lois. As such, I believe that the scene with Lois was designed to show Clark making sure that although his life is beginning to change in a way he could have never anticipated that there are still some constants in his life that he can count on (Lois' presence in his life being one of them). If there is any more to it then that I think it only extends as far as Clark being worried enough about Lois to stop pretending, momentarily, that Lois isn't becoming a more integral part of his life.

I think that the scene with Chloe, on the other hand, was designed to show Clark allowing himself to consider the possibility that Chloe could be more than a friend. Once again, I believe that this is because Clark was looking for something to fall back upon in this time of uncertainty in his life. Thank God the writers brought in Jimmy to prevent Chloe from making that fatal mistake. Now hopefully Chloe can move on and find happiness and Clark can, at long last, start to mature and become more like his future self.

SupezM'
Correct me if im wrong but isnt the guy that plays Jimmy Olsen also the guy that took Clarks powers in one of the episodes in Season 1 or 2 I cant remember.

AstroFan
Twin brothers, Shawn Ashmore was the kid from season one, Aaron is Jimmy.

SupezM'
Ahh, that would explain the uncanny resemblance. Thanks. smile

Lord Evolution
Will they be brothers in the show?

AstroFan
Doubt it, first dude had a different last name.

Kal875
Does anybody remember seeing this happen in the season finale?

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g19/andrwmackie/S30J-511-SMA2-10-16.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g19/andrwmackie/smallville_braniac.jpg

if so please inform me

Dan-El
Probably a deleted scene. Wish it were there, though! It looks good!

Kal875
yes it does.

Marth18
He looks like a fetus!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.