Movies That People Think You're Crazy For Not Liking

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C-Dic
You ever wander in to one of these threads, tell someone you don't like a movie, and they don't understand how you can't like it? "It's a classic!" "You're crazy!" Seems like it happens to me all the time, and I love it, personally. Anywho, some examples.

Apocalypse Now - Just overrated as hell, IMO. Brando's screentime was worthless.

Raging Bull - Where's the appeal? I tried to watch this twice, and to no avail.

Taxi Driver - The last 10 minutes were great, but up until that..it's a bitter veteran who doesn't do much of anything except live an exercise in misery and self pity.

Audition - Supposedly one of the best Asian horrors ever. It just didn't disturb me. That may be in part to watching a lot of trash/gore films. The "payoff" just was anything but. Tried watching this 3 times, and to no avail.

The Hills Have Eyes - So many people hold this as a masterpiece of cult cinema, when it's as stripped, boring, and amateur as it comes. Michael Berryman was badass, but the movie takes so long to gear up, I lost interest both times I watched it.

Naturally, there are more examples ,but I'd like to hear from the rest of you.

Dusty
Pirates of the Carribean ~ The first time I saw it, it was alright. Not a bad trip to the cinema. After watching it a few times, it got annoying as hell.

I have a pretty high tolerance for films, but I know for sure there are ones I don't like. I'm just having a hard time thinking.

Silverstein
i don't understand why my friend doesnt like Napolean Dynamite

jaden101
i sometimes think that i'm the only person in the world that knows for absolute definite that the lord of the rings is complete and utter shit

T.M
Originally posted by Dusty
Pirates of the Carribean ~ The first time I saw it, it was alright. Not a bad trip to the cinema. After watching it a few times, it got annoying as hell.

I have a pretty high tolerance for films, but I know for sure there are ones I don't like. I'm just having a hard time thinking.

I have to agree.. POTC annoyed the hell out of me to.

Solo
Scarface
Napoleon Dynamite - I used to like it, but after the first viewing it got to me.

Impediment
Napolean Dynamite
TCM remake or most any horror remake
Meet the Parents/Fockers

Myth
Originally posted by jaden101
i sometimes think that i'm the only person in the world that knows for absolute definite that the lord of the rings is complete and utter shit

Same here.

diabloman
i dont know why some people disagree with me saying ultraviolet is an awseme fighter. others has said shes lame and all that. but out of all the movies ive seen so far i say shes the best fighter

MildPossession
Kevin Smith films for me.

Myth
Oh, also both Spider-man movies.

EPIIIBITES
You don't like Apocalypse Now, Raging Bull, or Taxi Driver? Saying you're crazy would kinda be redunant here...but you are crazy. stick out tongue

...and the dude who said LOTR is crap...no comment.

Two of mine are Gladiator (most overated oscar heavyweight in recent memory) and Revenge of the Sith (been crucified for that one over at the SW forums).

C-Dic
Well, there are a lot of instances as far as the new "Star Wars" films that are evident to anyone that can set aside their fandom long enough to see them. Bad acting, bad dialogue, bad scripts, chronological errors, on the fly additions. It's a pretty long list.

Dusty
Originally posted by C-Dic
Well, there are a lot of instances as far as the new "Star Wars" films that are evident to anyone that can set aside their fandom long enough to see them. Bad acting, bad dialogue, bad scripts, chronological errors, on the fly additions. It's a pretty long list.

Personally, I enjoy the prequels. However, I'd be a liar if I said they were better than the originals.

C-Dic
Prequels are just flawed beyond all belief, but that's to be expected when they weren't ever really supposed to be in the first place.

Anywho, I'm in the same camp as the rest of you regarding POTC. I just couldn't get into it, and I tried a couple of times. Of what I saw, Johnny Depp was amazing. The rest was garbage.

Kevin Smith. Ugh. The high regard people hold him in is beyond me, and I think he's a little arrogant to boot. "Mallrats" is fantastic, but the rest of his movies rely on his Catholic "anything goes" schtick, as if he's an authority on catholcism, sex, or relationships. Not to mention he throws bones not only to the new Brat Pack, but Jason Mewes is single handedly the most annoying fiolm star of all time next to Gilbert Gottfried.

EPIIIBITES
Two more:

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (For some reason it has 80's film Breakfast Club/Ferris Bueller status, though not near as good a film...people just worship the cool factor).

The Fifth Element (So much potential...at the end of the day it's just really badly made...everyone seems to like it...My personal guage for seeing if people know what constitutes good movie making).

Solo
Jason Mewes is single handedly the most annoying fiolm star of all time next to Gilbert Gottfried.
Holy shit, I didn't know anyone could hate Mewes.

AstroFan
LOTR - Not saying its bad, just not for me, all that elfs and magic shit annoys me.

DeVi| D0do
Crash - Saw it at the cinema when it was firt released not knowing anything about it and loved it. Revisited it on DVD recently and almost hated it...

Wolfie
Batman Begins - It just didn't do anything for me.

Napoleon Dynamite - One line in the movie was "smile-worthy" (less than laugh-worthy) the first time I saw it. The second time even that part was annoying. I don't see the humor in the movie at all.

King Kong 2005 - The graphics, IMO, were horrible. Kong was disgraced with bad CGI and stupid scenarios.

LOTR - They just bored me to death.

Scary Movie - It has to be the most immature humor I've ever seen. One scene struck me as funny, the rest was just a penis in someone's ear, and shaving a bush with a weedwhacker. The series didn't pick up until #3, which all my friends call me crazy for saying that.

Finding Nemo - I found it extremely annoying. It's the only Pixar movie I've seen that I didn't like at all. The only promise it showed, IMO, would've been the turtle but he only had one scene. And at the end of the scene was the most blantant way to teach the children something I've ever seen.

Revenge of the Sith - Well, I didn't hate it, but I don't like how people hold it to as high regard as the original trilogy. It's easily the worst of the saga.

I'm sure there are other movies. It's really hard to come up with a "movies I hate" list afterall.

Dusty
Originally posted by Wolfie
Scary Movie - It has to be the most immature humor I've ever seen. One scene struck me as funny, the rest was just a penis in someone's ear, and shaving a bush with a weedwhacker. The series didn't pick up until #3, which all my friends call me crazy for saying that.

Totally agree. Except for the whole 'Pick up' thing.

NoRemorse
Hmmmm Lord of The Rings, they're all bollocks, I really enjoyed the book saying that though...
Constantine was balls.
And all older people are shocked at the fact everyone thinks The Exorsist is a pile of crap.

C-Dic
Originally posted by Solo
Holy shit, I didn't know anyone could hate Mewes.

He's a one trick pony. Foul mouthed wigger with horrible dialogue in every movie he's done.

Originally posted by NoRemorse

And all older people are shocked at the fact everyone thinks The Exorsist is a pile of crap.

IMO, "The Exorcist" is one of the most overrated Horror movies of all time, along with "The Hills Have Eyes", "Phantasm", and "Last House On the left". "The Exorcist" is just shock cinema, plain and simple, and only the 2nd half mildly entertaining.

WrathfulDwarf
The Matrix Reloaded/Revolution- "If you don't take philosophy 101, computer science and use common sense you won't understand these sequels".....right, I understood the 1st one perfectly fine. The latter films were just cgi and boring dialogue, and stiff actors.

Dawn of Dead- "George does it again with this new masterpiece for our times!" Uh...no! If Romero dedicated himself to give the characters a more human characteristics appeal (like he is done in the past) and avoided the whole 9-11 theme and also kept out the smart zombie leader there might a chance. Romero is becoming like Lucas....exploiting the genre they help build and then exploited for stupid profits....whatever happen to these guys?

Titanic- "My heart will go on..." by the time this line was spoken my bowels were about to go on.

28 Days Later- Out of all the main character and heroes I've seen in Zombie flicks...this film feature an idiotic hippie as the main character...irony of all, he starts the whole disaster and walks away safe. Then they depict the military as a bunch of sex maniacs whereas the idiot becomes the hero...OVERRATED!

Pirates of the Carribean- "OOOOoohhh Johnny and Orlando look soooo cute" Okay....so where is the movie? Wait a minute...you mean to say that the idiot that looks like a cheap drag queen on crack is actually Johnny Depp as a pirate? wow!

Star Wars Episode II-III- "the force will be with you..." more like bad stenchous gasses will be with you after watching this films.

T.M
Titanic yeah that was bad..

Anger Management.. my mates couldn't see why I hate this movie...

C-Dic
I think I speak for everyone when I say.."huh"?

First things first, "28 Days Later" is not a zombie movie. The effected people are infected with "rage", which we later learn is a cinematic euphemism for a long list of social issues, namely our violent nature towards one another. Who's the idiot hippie you speak of? There's Jim, who wakes up out of a coma and finds London has become a veritable ghost town and can't figure out why or how. How did he start anything?

As for the military, it was clear that while they were the last line of defense, they were only looking out for themselves. Enticing survivors to bring food and water to their shelter? They were sly. Sex crazed maniacs, however? This kind of thing dates back THOUSANDS of years. There were no woman, the likes of which they needed to keep up their morale. They hid their desires behind a crooked suggestion of repopulating and procreation. Lonely soldiers want some ass. It's not that uncommon.

Lastly, the "idiot" becoming the hero? He didn't do anything out of the ordinary to make it to end except survive on his own instincts. Still don't see how the guy is hippie, unless you're drawing that conclusion because he had a beard and wasn't shaved while he was in a coma...and the idiot part, you could elaborate.

WrathfulDwarf
No, I think you pretty much speak for yourself. This basically cancels and proves the thread to be correct. "Movies That People Think You're Crazy For Not Liking" I spoken just about enough about 28 days later way back in the summer of 2003. I review the film enought times to get even a 5 year to understand it.

You coming here and try to explain the movie pretty much cancels the spirit of the thread. At the same it proves it right when makes it seems crazy I don't think 28 days later was great...overrated yes! great...no!

BackFire
Godfather - First 45 minutes is just a bunch of Italians bitching about respect and family. Have watched it 3 times hoping I'd like it with each additional viewing, never happened. I just don't give a shit about any of the characters when I watch it.

Saving Private Ryan - Good beginning and decent ending, extremely generic the rest of the way.

Gladiator - Sparticus Light, except worse and more cheesy. I really don't understand how people hold this generic rip off in such a high reguard.

The Exorcist - Don't dislike it, but I don't think it's anyting particularly special outside of a few choice scenes.

Apocolypse Now - It always struck me as a very sloppy movie. The progression was strange and silly. War movies need to be believable for me, the ending was a bit too out there.

Fight Club - Overrated movie with an ending that is just dumb. It's an alright movie, but people act as if it's some cinematic masterpiece, I don't see it.

Matrix Sequels - Just crap, pretentious, lazy and long winded references to generic philosophy clouds these movies. Crappy, stupid dialogue.

BackFire
Land of the Dead?

PVS
my god...there's just so many.
ill name the first that come to mind

pretty much every horror flick to come out of the 80's

good will hunting

clockwork orange

million dollar baby

napoleon dynamite

zoolander (ok it had its moments, but overall not too funny)

the matrix. thats the first one as well

thats it for now

Bardock42
Some of the movies named in this thread I actually doubt very much that "people" call you crazy for not liking.

C-Dic
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
No, I think you pretty much speak for yourself. This basically cancels and proves the thread to be correct. "Movies That People Think You're Crazy For Not Liking" I spoken just about enough about 28 days later way back in the summer of 2003. I review the film enought times to get even a 5 year to understand it.

You coming here and try to explain the movie pretty much cancels the spirit of the thread. At the same it proves it right when makes it seems crazy I don't think 28 days later was great...overrated yes! great...no!

You didn't even understand the movie? How could you form an opinion on something you haven't even grasped? I mean, who else got an "idiot hippie" and "sex crazed soldiers" from this story? I'm not making fun of you, it's just that, in my opinion, you should know the movie before you judge it.

Now, if you want to explain the whole "hippie" angle, and review my explanation of the soldiers, THEN make a valid point, please do. Otherwise, the movie is as simple as a guy walking up to a deserted London, running into some survivors, and doing what it takes to make it to end, in the meantime getting across a social commentary that we as a people need to be more cautious and aware of how we conduct ourselves and our relations.

-Tired Hiker-
Let's see, um STAR WARS A NEW HOPE was lame. The first MATRIX was stupid. Oh, and 28 DAYS LATER was the worst film ever made. thumb up

Lycan5100
well i tryed to watch napoleon dynamite but only made it about 10 minets into the movie befor falling asleep, had a good dream thoe i dremp the movie never got made

Myth
Who thinks anybody is crazy for disliking the Matrix sequels? Its very common for people to dislike those movies. Now people who dislike part 1, I can see them drawing shocked reactions.

Count Kent
I think people are crazy for not liking Brokeback mountain.

C-Dic
Most of the people that don't like it haven't even seen it.

dementedde
I had to turn the Godfather part 2 off half way through watching it. I feel ashamed to admit that as I know there is probably alot of Godfather fans on this forum, but then I guess you guys want honest answers for this topic.

I didn't like Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, Starsky & Hutch remake and Shaun of the Dead first of all, but after watching them the second time I began to like them and bought the DVD's.

I didn't like The Wedding Crashers and the original American Pie. I also didn't like South Park: Bigger, Longer & Un-Cut & Spawn first of all as well.

I didn't like the Exorcist, Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Clockwork Orange. Im sorry. Not to the extent that I hated them but I just didn't know what all the fuss was about. I know they made an impact in cinema at the time they came out but they were just... Boring in my opinion.

MildPossession
I sold my dvd of FTARH after a blind buy, didn't get anything out of it at all.

PVS
Originally posted by dementedde
I had to turn the Godfather part 2 off half way through watching it. I feel ashamed to admit that as I know there is probably alot of Godfather fans on this forum, but then I guess you guys want honest answers for this topic.

i didnt like it at first, but now i love it.

Solo
Traffic

EPIIIBITES
Hey, thread starter...lay off the dudes who don't like "28 Days Later"...you're ruining the point of your own thread...

...and BTW, it was absolute crap, and some people think I'm crazy for not liking it.

Another was "Fight Club"...EASILY, EASILY the most overated film in movie history...I don't think it's a bad film, but it doesn't do it for me and I can't say I like it...and people think I'm crazy.

C-Dic
Originally posted by EPIIIBITES
Hey, thread starter...lay off the dudes who don't like "28 Days Later"...you're ruining the point of your own thread...

You have to understand a movie first to dislike it. Plain and simple.

Alpha Centauri
You'd have to understand it to dislike what they were doing, maybe.

People dislike the first part of The Matrix trilogy, now whether you love or hate them, it's hardly a single-layered film and there are references and ideas that average people simply won't get. It doesn't mean they can't dislike the movie.

That said, the second and third in that series were bollocks. The second was shit, the third was Star Wars.

-AC

grey fox

Anywho, I'm in the same camp as the rest of you regarding POTC. I just couldn't get into it, and I tried a couple of times. Of what I saw, Johnny Depp was amazing. The rest was garbage.

Agree with you their.

Although I did find the 'Skeleton Underwater scene' very well done.

Godfather pt1 : Shitty graphics (even for a 70's movie)

AOTC : What the hell !! , what is this shit . This is NOT a Star -Wars film. This is a piece of crap that stinks of retcon.

Boyz in the hood - Bullshit , anyone who finds this stereotypical piece of crap 'Emmy worthy' is obviously retarded

office jesus
Originally posted by diabloman
i dont know why some people disagree with me saying ultraviolet is an awseme fighter. others has said shes lame and all that. but out of all the movies ive seen so far i say shes the best fighter

Dude. You're kidding right? Were you and I watching the same film? Sure the trailer was nice, but the film itself was utter shit. Action sequences pulled STRAIGHT from the Matrix, and it doesn't help that Milla can't act worth shit.

C-Dic
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You'd have to understand it to dislike what they were doing, maybe.

People dislike the first part of The Matrix trilogy, now whether you love or hate them, it's hardly a single-layered film and there are references and ideas that average people simply won't get. It doesn't mean they can't dislike the movie.

That said, the second and third in that series were bollocks. The second was shit, the third was Star Wars.

-AC

Let's not throw any more spin on this than necessary. There's a huge difference between not understanding a movie, and making outright false claims that are all too obvious. There are no hippies in "28 Days Later". Jim is not a hippy. Jim did not start the "rage" virus. Jim was in a coma. Jim woke up to the deserted London. The soldiers weren't nymphomanics. The soldiers were looking to boost morale. The soldiers were delusional enough to think they could single handedly re-populate London.

"28 Days Later", the plot, simple simon. There's a plague, survivors, bad people they have to fend off, and an ending. The rest is another discussion.

Tptmanno1
I liked Apocolypse Now, I think people don't like it because they try to view it as a war movie. It is not. Its a Journey into self. Its about the darkness resting inside Men's souls. About what happens if you have no consequenses for your actions...
And if you get that and still don't like it. Well, whatever, that's your opinion, and I respect that.
I also liked The Godfather, but not Part 2.

Ok now my movies that I don't like:
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
I thought it was very tiresome, boring, repetitive, pointless in many parts, and the whole lack of music thing annoyed the crap out of me.
Napoleon Dynamite.
Yea, nuff said.
Most classic Movies.
Casablanca, overrated,
Citizen Kane, Brilliant cinematography, but weak and way to obvious plot, no subtly.

More if I think of them.

DanZeke25
I dislike most Horror movies in general. The only recent ones i have likes are Saw and Saw 2, but i consider them more as thrillers IMO.

Also, Star Wars. Don't like it all.

Zilverz
Donnie Darko

First let me say that i DID kind of like the movie, but I do not understand why people have went crazy over it. What did it say on the DVD wrapper .. something like The best movie in the last 10 years .. that is some marketing bullchit.

the way scenes were shot is excellent, the presentation is great too. I liked the actors and character types and some good dialog.

*spoilers"
The plot is really what did not impress me. I have read full movie/book critiques and explainations but it just does not impress me. In short its the classic: alter natural flow of time and disaster strikes, must set it back to natural flow with time travel and sacrifice self.. sure its religion driven .. but its nothing really NEW.

botankus
If you meet any 25-30 year old "modern, hip" person and tell them you don't like any of the Clerks series, they look at you like you have a growth coming out of your head. I just thought the movies were overly simplistic, forceful with their dry & lame characters, and, in a nutshell, stupid.

Oh, and cocky. I hate movies that are so full of themselves. I wanted to bash that Jay dude's head in every time he was in frame.

WrathfulDwarf
Let's not throw any more spin on this than necessary. There's a huge difference between not understanding a movie, and making outright false claims that are all too obvious. There are no hippies in "28 Days Later". Jim is not a hippy. Jim did not start the "rage" virus. Jim was in a coma. Jim woke up to the deserted London. The soldiers weren't nymphomanics. The soldiers were looking to boost morale. The soldiers were delusional enough to think they could single handedly re-populate London.

"28 Days Later", the plot, simple simon. There's a plague, survivors, bad people they have to fend off, and an ending. The rest is another discussion.

All I did was reply to your thread here which is clearly label "Movies That People Think You're Crazy For not Liking" How unfortunate that I touch on one of your favorite films. Then all you done is try to make a case for your 28 days later flick. What's the point of telling the names of the movies that we don't like (and giving a brief explanation) so that you can come here and tells us otherwise based on the fact that it is your favorite flick?

We've talk in the past about the protestors stormin into the lab...free the infective monkey. Which I will point out for 100th time that the IDIOT was told NOT to open the cage where the monkey was concealed. There were clear signs on the cage saying "DANGER" What kind of an IDIOT doesn't understand that?

Even to this day people can't come to the conclusion if they were Zombies or Infected ones. There is thread in the horror forum search for it. If they're infected then they flop the storyline. The infection causes people to sweat, foam at the mouth, dehydrate....and they still can run after you...how does that work? How can they replenish the lost of valuable liquids and STILL survive 28 days later with a deadly desease??????

The film came at a time when horrors films were on a low down and this was the only decent horror flick at that time. It is understandble that people try to defended and claim is good movie. But get over it! It wasn't that good. It wasn't the best...that time has passed. Romero has return with his zombies genre and good luck with that.

Backfire-yeah...Land of the Dead.

Ichabod
i hated The Incredibles. i dont think i even laughed once.

Hotpants
LOTR - Tried to watch, i had to stop. I had better things going on. Plus the fact that it was SO stupid.

Silverstein
Originally posted by Ichabod
i hated The Incredibles. i dont think i even laughed once.

i ALSO hated the incredibles! im not too fond of animated cgi kids movies neither. theyre all too similar.

especially when you hear things like madagascar ripping off a Family Guy joke (tom hanks/wilson:Castaway) thing.

DeVi| D0do
Madagascar was rubbish. The Incredibles is cool...

Wolfie
Originally posted by Zilverz
Donnie Darko

First let me say that i DID kind of like the movie, but I do not understand why people have went crazy over it. What did it say on the DVD wrapper .. something like The best movie in the last 10 years .. that is some marketing bullchit.

the way scenes were shot is excellent, the presentation is great too. I liked the actors and character types and some good dialog.

*spoilers"
The plot is really what did not impress me. I have read full movie/book critiques and explainations but it just does not impress me. In short its the classic: alter natural flow of time and disaster strikes, must set it back to natural flow with time travel and sacrifice self.. sure its religion driven .. but its nothing really NEW.
Donnie Darko is overrated but I quite enjoy it.

As for the quote on the casing, you can find that on a lot of movies. If any published film critic says something good about a movie, it'll make the cover. In particular, if Ebert and Roeper have anything positive to say about a movie ("Two thumbs up"wink, it'll make the cover.

Dusty
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Madagascar was rubbish. The Incredibles is cool...

diabloman
star wars 3

C-Dic
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
All I did was reply to your thread here which is clearly label "Movies That People Think You're Crazy For not Liking" How unfortunate that I touch on one of your favorite films. Then all you done is try to make a case for your 28 days later flick. What's the point of telling the names of the movies that we don't like (and giving a brief explanation) so that you can come here and tells us otherwise based on the fact that it is your favorite flick?

We've talk in the past about the protestors stormin into the lab...free the infective monkey. Which I will point out for 100th time that the IDIOT was told NOT to open the cage where the monkey was concealed. There were clear signs on the cage saying "DANGER" What kind of an IDIOT doesn't understand that?

Even to this day people can't come to the conclusion if they were Zombies or Infected ones. There is thread in the horror forum search for it. If they're infected then they flop the storyline. The infection causes people to sweat, foam at the mouth, dehydrate....and they still can run after you...how does that work? How can they replenish the lost of valuable liquids and STILL survive 28 days later with a deadly desease??????

The film came at a time when horrors films were on a low down and this was the only decent horror flick at that time. It is understandble that people try to defended and claim is good movie. But get over it! It wasn't that good. It wasn't the best...that time has passed. Romero has return with his zombies genre and good luck with that.

Backfire-yeah...Land of the Dead.

"28 Days Later" isn't one of my favorite movies. I enjoy it and I own it, and that's the extent of it. Your assessment of the movie was off, and all I bothered to do was clear it up. I never expected said explanation to result in you magically liking it. I figured maybe you'd atleast understand it, had I made sense of it all.

The activists (whom I assume are the hippies you referred to laughing out loud ) were not the main characters, although, they did start it all as you claimed.

See where I am coming from now? Jim was the main character afterall, he was in a coma, he was never one of the activists, just a bike courier.

Most people have accepted that the "infected" are precisely that, having been infected with "rage", a disease, they never died nor were re-animated. Simple as that. You don't call AIDS patients "zombies", nor people with anger management issues. That's especially important when the plot of the movie was so heavy with that exact social commentary. As far as side effects of the ficticious disease, the only one I recall being mentioned was the coughing up of blood, which was how it was spread (again, the AIDS allegory). That's it.

I'm not out to attack you, but you really sound like you're just throwing things to the wall, hoping they'll stick. Looking for logic in a Science Fiction film? C'mon, man. And 2003 was a bad year for horror films?!?

2003 saw the releases of Bubba Ho-Tep, Irreversible, May, The Eye, Suicide Club, Final Destination 2, Tattoo, Freddy vs Jason, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Remake), the theatrical re-release of ALIEN, Cabin Fever, Underworld, House of 1,000 Corpses, Beyond Re-Animator and a few other solid titles.

You're making it sound like I wrote and directed it and feel obligated to defend it when all I ever did was point out some misconceptions and misunderstandings that could possibly effect yours and others views, not that I would mind either way. You're presenting your opinion as fact, suggesting we "face it", that it wasn't a good movie. "Bad" movies aren't made for $8 Million dollars, make that back 10 fold, with most of that being made in America which is significant for a UK film, when it's usually the exact opposite, and enjoy great success on DVD.

Just saying...you're disputing the undisputable.

EPIIIBITES
...ummmm, anytime you ladies wanna to stop! stick out tongue

Got a lot of heat for not liking Monsters Inc...it was so formula Pixar, made me sick.

Grimm22
Blair Witch Project: Awful story + Awful acting + Awful special effects = Awful Movie

Spider-Man 2: I thought it was a disgrace to the comics. The acting was awful and the directing wasnt very good either

Exorcist: Save yourself time, go see The Exorcism of Emily Rose wink

Cerberus
Everyone at my school STILL quotes that damn Napoleon Dynamite movie. I swear to God Almighty, if I hear "Ugh! Friggin Idiot" one more time, im gonna EXPLODE!! blowup

Quiero Mota

Apocalypse Now - Just overrated as hell, IMO. Brando's screentime was worthless.

Taxi Driver - The last 10 minutes were great, but up until that..it's a bitter veteran who doesn't do much of anything except live an exercise in misery and self pity.

What the f**k? You ARE crazy, ese!

Those are 3 of the greatest films from the 70's.

maddani
oh god everyone thinks im an ass for not liking CRASH! "ill save you daddy!"wah boo hoo, NO! F that movie

maddani
oh yeah any single dad wheres my son his moms dead disney movie

Solo
Originally posted by maddani
oh god everyone thinks im an ass for not liking CRASH! "ill save you daddy!"wah boo hoo, NO! F that movie
Originally posted by maddani
oh yeah any single dad wheres my son his moms dead disney movie
What the ****?

Mr Parker
Wow I cant believe there are some people here that actually dont love Pirates.I got to say I am totally shocked.Grimm 22 and Myth.I love you for your dislike of the spider-man films.

For me,I have never liked E.T. and it always amazes people when I tell them I dont like it.They always say-Your the first person I have ever heard say that.

ryanboi222
Napoleon Dinamite- Omg i cant stand this movie i wish they never made it i wish some one would kill the person that made it

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
What the f**k? You ARE crazy, ese!

Those are 3 of the greatest films from the 70's.

I got to say that the people that have listed Pirates in their list have got to be crazy.

C-Dic
IMO, "POTC" is a kids movie with flavor of the week stars, except Johnny Depp, the only redeeming factor of the movie. It's too long, it's too boring, and I found it be not only uninteresting, but just plain silly.

Wolfie
Originally posted by Cerberus
Everyone at my school STILL quotes that damn Napoleon Dynamite movie. I swear to God Almighty, if I hear "Ugh! Friggin Idiot" one more time, im gonna EXPLODE!! blowup
The only thing more annoying than Austin Powers impersonators are Napoleon Dynamite impersonators. And they're in greater numbers because just about everyone that likes it imitates him. It's like some sort of law.

WrathfulDwarf
"28 Days Later" isn't one of my favorite movies. I enjoy it and I own it, and that's the extent of it. Your assessment of the movie was off, and all I bothered to do was clear it up. I never expected said explanation to result in you magically liking it. I figured maybe you'd atleast understand it, had I made sense of it all.

The activists (whom I assume are the hippies you referred to laughing out loud ) were not the main characters, although, they did start it all as you claimed.

See where I am coming from now? Jim was the main character afterall, he was in a coma, he was never one of the activists, just a bike courier.

Most people have accepted that the "infected" are precisely that, having been infected with "rage", a disease, they never died nor were re-animated. Simple as that. You don't call AIDS patients "zombies", nor people with anger management issues. That's especially important when the plot of the movie was so heavy with that exact social commentary. As far as side effects of the ficticious disease, the only one I recall being mentioned was the coughing up of blood, which was how it was spread (again, the AIDS allegory). That's it.

I'm not out to attack you, but you really sound like you're just throwing things to the wall, hoping they'll stick. Looking for logic in a Science Fiction film? C'mon, man. And 2003 was a bad year for horror films?!?

2003 saw the releases of Bubba Ho-Tep, Irreversible, May, The Eye, Suicide Club, Final Destination 2, Tattoo, Freddy vs Jason, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Remake), the theatrical re-release of ALIEN, Cabin Fever, Underworld, House of 1,000 Corpses, Beyond Re-Animator and a few other solid titles.

You're making it sound like I wrote and directed it and feel obligated to defend it when all I ever did was point out some misconceptions and misunderstandings that could possibly effect yours and others views, not that I would mind either way. You're presenting your opinion as fact, suggesting we "face it", that it wasn't a good movie. "Bad" movies aren't made for $8 Million dollars, make that back 10 fold, with most of that being made in America which is significant for a UK film, when it's usually the exact opposite, and enjoy great success on DVD.

Just saying...you're disputing the undisputable.

I wouldn't look for logic in a Science Fiction film. If the film itself didn't dig a hole too deep for itself with tampering with diseases and plagues and all that stuff. You trying to cover it up and plant flowers to make it look good. If the film would have stuck itself to the simple idea of zombies coming to life to kill humans that's good enough...oh wait! It is still not clear if they were zombies or not...they can't be infected people for it will contradict itself. The story is trying to tell us the infected people can last for days? But that doesn't matter somehow they replinish all their valuable liquids in some magical way for 28 days.

See if this movie was made by Tromaville I would have NO problem with the opening of the monkey cage and releasing the infect chimp. Because you can only find that kind stupid writting from a troma film. However, since this isn't a troma film so it must be taken serious. To say it shortly...it is poorly written how the infection got out...MMkay?

I'm glad you mention you're not out to attack me. I know you aren't and rest asure I'm not either. I think is fair that we finally buried 28 days later for good. It's not the film some people overhyped. Here is the real fact about 28 days later (which may apply to others as well) some people like it others....didn't. We stand in two different sides of the fence.

BackFire
I don't see why some fanatical animals rights activists stupidly releasing an infected monkey is poorly written. It does make sense, fanatical animal rights activists do shit like that in real life all the time. They only care about their cause, nothing more, they don't think aboutt the immediate consequences that their actions could do, they just want the animal to be free from "cruelty". It was a very apt satire and condemnation of fanatics, is all.

C-Dic
Zombies are re-animated corpses. The people that were infected in this movie never died. The social commentary behind it explains it all. Those "infected" persons (see; ignorant) sole purpose is to spread the disease (see; AIDS, hate, anger).

It's more obvious to some than others, I understand, but in the horror arena, most everyone who has seen it knows they're not zombies. If they don't eat or drink, 28 days after infection, they're dead anyway. Apparently the infection changes someone's body chemistry to where they don't need to eat or drink in that 4 week span. It's not something I want to get into, because it's geekish fanboy territory.

WrathfulDwarf
If they don't eat or drink, 28 days after infection, they're dead anyway. Apparently the infection changes someone's body chemistry to where they don't need to eat or drink in that 4 week span. It's not something I want to get into, because it's geekish fanboy territory.

Where in the film does it say the infection changes their chemistry to be able to last for a span of 4 weeks? I don't recall such thing stated. They mostly concetranted on how fast the infection can attack a body. Remenber the father getting blood in the eye and goes raving mad? I don't it's possible for the physiology of the human body to do that.

See, for me the zombie mythology belongs to the exclusive Dark Fantasy storytelling. It doesn't need any scientific explanation. It's what makes the mythos so occult and mysterious. Whereas the infected zombies, people, whatever does require a solid basis of science fiction storytelling. 28 days isn't the only film I apply this rule to...I did it also with The Omega Man and Attack of the body Snatchers.

On personal note...I don't mind entering the geekish fanboy zone. I'm a proud total Fantasy nerd and Comic book geek. I'm also a movie fanatic so this stuff can go on for days for me. Just having a social discussion...that is all.

C-Dic
I did say "apparently", just because there is no other logical explanation. Anything is possible in Sci Fi, which is what everyone has to remember in movies like this.

THE WHOLE LOTR SERIES

Impediment
If they don't eat or drink, 28 days after infection, they're dead anyway. Apparently the infection changes someone's body chemistry to where they don't need to eat or drink in that 4 week span. It's not something I want to get into, because it's geekish fanboy territory.

So, I guess I'm a geeky fanboy. stick out tongue The whole premise of "28 Days Later" goes to show what happened exactly 28 days after the fanactic activists released the monkeys. Thats all. The monkeys were infected with "rage", or whatever the f*ck it was, and the entire island of England was infected, then the main character wakes up 28 days later after the catastrophe.

Day 1: Exposure
Day 3: Infection
Day 8: Epidemic
Day 15: Evacuation
Day 20: Devastation
and then the 28th day, Cilian Murphy wakes up.

As far as the whole "Zombie thing goes, you're right. They're still living and human, but they're mindless "rage" cases. But I'm getting off topic........................I like this movie, and I own it.

Dresta

****ing hell is that a joke. from reading your comments you can tell that your one of those people who can only watch non-stop action blockbuster films. I mean you say the last 10 mins in Taxi Driver is the only good part laughing you obviously know what your talking about.

Morning_Glory
Leaving Las Vegas... ppl cant believe i don't like that movie, but I dont

DeVi| D0do
Pi - Just couldn't get into it... I think I may have even fallen asleep...

Impediment
Gone with the Wind. I just didnt think was as "epic" as everyone makes it out to be. Dont get me wrong, I didnt hate it, but IMO its not spectacular.

Fiann@
Saw...It was a little creepy and it did get under my skin, but it wasn't that great, alot of people seemed to think it "was so amazing" etc etc but I didn't like it.

Impediment
Thank you. IMO, not only are the two Saw movies completely overrated, but I thought they sucked.

Fiann@
Originally posted by Impediment
Thank you. IMO, not only are the two Saw movies completely overrated, but I thought they sucked. Yeah, I was deeply unimpressed with the acting especialy the older lead actor. Plus the scenes with his wife and kid were awful, I didn't feel for the characters at all, I didn't care if they lived or died, or found a reason for living or whatever. Self indulgent rubbish.

Or maybe it was just that it was really hyped up for me. stick out tongue

dave_kodak
i once knew someone who didnt like spaceballs, how the **** does anyone not like spaceballs?

psychoboy07
Napoleon Dynamite ~ I'm sorry but the guy was a DUMBASS. It's hard to like a guy when he's surrounded by dumbasses.

Radio ~ The whole time I was watching it, all I could think when I saw Radio was "pedophile"

All the Batman movies EXCEPT Batman Begins ~ Before Batman Begins, Batman on the silver screen was lame-o supreme-o.

Any Movie By Michael Moore ~ Can't stand him

Disney Movies ~ Um, good guys DON'T always win, sorry to say

naty`sweet
titanic!!!you`re completely crazy if you did`t like that movie!oh,and harry potter...it`s pretty good,isn`t it?smile)

Dusty
Originally posted by naty`sweet
titanic!!!you`re completely crazy if you did`t like that movie!oh,and harry potter...it`s pretty good,isn`t it?smile)

You can consider me a loon, then.

cking
I never really liked titanic it was too boring for me.

Myth
I know a lot of people that don't like that (including me). I've never really had anybody really think I was crazy for that.

HellMaster93
Hmm...
Batman (1989)
X-Men 3: The Last f**kinhg Stand
King Kong 05

Mr Parker
Originally posted by naty`sweet

Kate Winslet makes the movie fun to watch but they could have cast someone else instead of Leonardio pug face. mad

HellMaster93
Oooh... another one: all Harry Potters ther than Prisoner...

Fiann@
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Kate Winslet makes the movie fun to watch but they could have cast someone else instead of Leonardio pug face. mad So much anger. no2 stick out tongue

phreak_v2.o
harry potter, lotr... all that magic crap doesn't do much for me
admitedly aotc and rots (star wars) had the worst dialogue i only like to watch the lightsaber duels i especially hated padme's line on rots "anakin, you're breaking me heart"... wtf, that was so freakin corny

Wolfie
Originally posted by HellMaster93
Oooh... another one: all Harry Potters ther than Prisoner...
Unless you're 12, I think it's very common to not like those movies.

.:Space Opera:.
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

how could you not like this movie?

Wolfie
Well, I don't think there's much of a widespread opinion on POTC 2 yet, as it came out yesterday.

You say how could someone not like the movie? Who said they didn't like it?

tabby999
i'm not a huge fan of the Star Wars movies as a whole. most of the people i say that to look at me like i'm nuts, they just dont appeal to me. my cousin loves them and i have done my best to sit through them but i just cant take it

.Dance_Inside.
Originally posted by Cerberus

I hear ya! serioussly there was one point where I wanted to kill anyone who quoted that movie!

Charlie and the chocolate factory - like everyone in my family gets mad at me when i say i didn't like it.

Dr. Strangelove
Full Metal Jacket- First half of the film is amazing, second half...not so much.

The Manchurian Canidate (originial)- I was expecting a thriller similar to JFK, yet all I got was a film that put me to sleep.

The Bridge on the River Kwai- just a bunch of actors annoyingly shouting at each other for 2 hours. Horribly overrated war film.

Scarface- bleh, just Al playing a hyper Michael Corleone with a Cuban ascent without any interesting character developments.

allofyousuckkk
OMG

The incredibles

Pirates of the Carribean 2- just wayyy to different from the first one....Depp became a selfish jerk....wtf?

tabby999
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
Full Metal Jacket- First half of the film is amazing, second half...not so much

i unserstand what you mean, i love the movie as a whole, but the second half is just another 'nam movie. the first half is savage and honest.

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by botankus
If you meet any 25-30 year old "modern, hip" person and tell them you don't like any of the Clerks series, they look at you like you have a growth coming out of your head. I just thought the movies were overly simplistic, forceful with their dry & lame characters, and, in a nutshell, stupid.

Oh, and cocky. I hate movies that are so full of themselves. I wanted to bash that Jay dude's head in every time he was in frame.

That's the whole point! It's SUPPOSED to be all of those things. When was the last time working as a clerk in a store was NOT dry and simplistic and forceful and stupid?

Holy crap, I should not have even come into this thread. Everyone in here hates all the best movies.

tabby999
SALSA SHARK!

Osaka
I didn't like any of the batman movies except for the last one.

tabby999
they did get pretty corny when Schumacher directed them (although the ones he did were visually very pretty). "It looks like a good day to FREEZE!" "Ice to meet you" and so forth and so on wink

Dusty
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
Pirates of the Carribean 2- just wayyy to different from the first one....Depp became a selfish jerk....wtf?

He was selfish because his life was at risk. erm

botankus
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
That's the whole point! It's SUPPOSED to be all of those things. When was the last time working as a clerk in a store was NOT dry and simplistic and forceful and stupid?

You forgot to defend the fact that it was cocky and so full of itself. That was 99% of the suckage, my friend, and its indefensible. Clerks and Kill Bill can go f*ck themselves.

Pirates of the Caribbean

Dr. Zaius
Pirates of the Carribean
Superman Returns
Citizen Kane (Seriously flawed movie--groundbreaking, but flawed)
Crash--Extremely overrated.

Mr. Sandman
Originally posted by botankus
You forgot to defend the fact that it was cocky and so full of itself. That was 99% of the suckage, my friend, and its indefensible. Clerks and Kill Bill can go f*ck themselves.

You're pissed because there was one cocky pot dealer? Did you not see that Jay's entire character was that he was an ******* with no concerns but for himself?

Strangelove
Signs. I despise that movie. I pretty much despide M. Night Shyamalan. He's overrated and he doesn't derserve his ego.

SnakeEyes
Reservoir Dogs.

Strangelove
^you are batshit crazy

SnakeEyes
So they say... roll eyes (sarcastic)

WickedTexasMomA
Originally posted by Dusty

I have a pretty high tolerance for films, but I know for sure there are ones I don't like. I'm just having a hard time thinking. I agree it was a good movie the first time. My husband made me go watch it 5 times in 3 days, I jsut can't bring my self to go watch the new one yet.

pr1983
POTC 2... man... i'm sorry, but without depp those movies would be nothing... bloom and knightly have all the charisma of cardboard...

Dr. Zaius
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
You're pissed because there was one cocky pot dealer? Did you not see that Jay's entire character was that he was an ******* with no concerns but for himself?

I agree. Clerks, Mall Rats, and Chasing Amy are all seriously overrated. Kevin Smith has the mind of a juevenile and it shows in his films. Great dialouge, poor story, one-dimensional characters. One senses that he gets absorbed into his own sense of cultural coolness. He's similar to Tarantino is this regard. All style, little substance.

While we're at it...Resevoir Dogs and Kill Bill both suck.

rockycairns
Personally, I enjoy the prequels. However, I'd be a liar if I said they were better than the originals.

I thought they were

For me

E.T (Boring, Pointless and Rubbish)
The Fifth Element (Just Crap)

~Da Rev~
People think i'm crazy for liking

1. Where the Buffalo's Roam
2. The Chumscrubber
3. Thirteen Ghosts
4. Zoolander

Bardock42
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
People think i'm crazy for liking

1. Where the Buffalo's Roam
2. The Chumscrubber
3. Thirteen Ghosts
4. Zoolander

Liking Zoolander is a very, very reasonable thing to do.

Morning_Glory
I liked the Chumscrubber happy

I didn't like Leaving Las Vegas embarrasment ... people don't understand that

DanZeke25
Sin City
Kill Bill(I've never seen in, but I most likely won't like it)

~Da Rev~
Originally posted by Bardock42
Liking Zoolander is a very, very reasonable thing to do. Boo yeah.Originally posted by Morning_Glory
I liked the Chumscrubber happy

I didn't like Leaving Las Vegas embarrasment ... people don't understand that w00t

People think i'm crazy for NOT liking these movies:

1) The Passion of the Christ
2) Da Vinci Code
3) Million Dollar Baby
4) Edward Scissorhands

H. S. 6
Sin City is definitely one.

Longest Yard (the new one)
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Star Wars movies
POTC 2 (overrated)
Silence of the Lambs

Among others...

must_kill_Santa
Napoleon dynamite _ WTF was that about didnt get it

Fear and Loating in Las Vegas - again i don't get it it was crap

Scream 3- we get it already some guy in a mask kills everyone it's dull now

The exorcist - best horror film ever PAH this was sooo lame i fell asleep twice

Wasnt too harsh was i?

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Sin City is definitely one.

Same here.

I really just didn't like it. It was faithful to the graphic novel (which I also read), but if the graphic novel's not that great (which it wasn't), then the movie can't be too good either.

masterkit
Boo yeah. w00t

2) Da Vinci Code
3) Million Dollar Baby
4) Edward Scissorhands

yeah that whole edward scissorhands was like wtf

~Da Rev~
Boo yeah. w00t

2) Da Vinci Code
3) Million Dollar Baby
4) Edward Scissorhands Added to the list are

1) Lord of the Rings (nothing special. "Walking" to quote Clerks 2)
2) Napoleon Dynamite (ghey)
3) Dodgeball. (sucked. Hardly funny)

Myth
People think some of you guys are crazy for not liking POTC 2? Where I live, the general concensus was that it wasn't very good.

And Must Kill Santa - People think you are crazy for not liking Scream 3? Who does like Scream 3? Or at least to the point where they get flustered every time they hear somebody say they don't like it.

§P0oONY
Finding Nemo - Worst Disney Pixar film to date, yet people seem to love it.

PoTC (2) - Very unfunny, very cliched, yet when in the theatre watching it, there are barrels of laughter; like when someone gets hit on the head... Hilarious roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kayne Archeron
people always wonder why i don't like fast and the furious... probably because i need more than cars going VROOM in a movie XD

my friends also think i'm crazy for thinking Covenant looks stupid... i'm sorry i don't go for the teen-boy equivalent of Buffy or anything, geez

dementedde
Napoleon Dynamite - Didn't find it funny
The Exorcist - Didn't find it scary
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original) - The same reason as the Exorcist
The Longest Yard - A rip-off from Mean Machine

Mr Parker
uh I thought this thread was for movies you DONT like that people think your crazy for not liking not for movies you DO like that people think your crazy for liking? confused

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Mr Parker
uh I thought this thread was for movies you DONT like that people think your crazy for not liking not for movies you DO like that people think your crazy for liking? confused

It is.

Mr Parker
well a couple of people have commented on this last page saying-people think I am crazy for liking a certain movie so they seem to not understand the thread.

Quincy Archer
Dodgeball.

I also didn't really like Anchorman. Which some people think I'm crazy for. Subsequently I didn't care for Talladega Nights either, even with Sacha Baron Cohen.

I don't like The Waterboy either.

cava
If my brother saw the way you guys were talking about Lord of The Rings he would have a heart attack. and me I liked LOTR there was hardley any magic in it

cava
I thought the Fourth Harry Potter was a little cheesy. Most of it was okay but some lines and moments I just hated.

LonDon06
Will Ferrel Films- he's an idiot

Bardock42
Originally posted by LonDon06
Will Ferrel Films- he's an idiot

I mostly agree. I liked Old School though...and I liked his part in Wedding Crashers.

Ultraman Baltan
Harry Potter 3
Star Wars IV
Toy Story
Bug's Life
Narnia

Lighthammer
Napoleon Dynamite Man that movie suckedass.

grey fox
Black Hawk down - a film with nothing but propaganda , unrealistic armaments (They must have used over 30-40 RPG's ...no way can a third world milita get that many damn RPG's) stupid accents and annoying military jargon.

grey fox
Originally posted by .messedpace Opera:.
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

how could you not like this movie?

Because the films are overhyped bullshit that are only carried by depp and that annoying pretty boy Bloom

SelphieT
The Matrix.

I never got into it, and EVERYONE is talking about how cool it was and such, and I could just care less.

Smasandian
Originally posted by grey fox
Black Hawk down - a film with nothing but propaganda , unrealistic armaments (They must have used over 30-40 RPG's ...no way can a third world milita get that many damn RPG's) stupid accents and annoying military jargon.

Its very easy to get that many armanets if your 3rd world militia. It's called the black market, where all the RPG's came from the old Soviet Union when it collapsed.

Also, its fact that they had that many RPG's because it was in the book the movie was based on, which was incredible accurate.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>