Team Tourney Sign-Ups

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigiMark007
Alright, you impatient bastards, here ya go.

But please read this before you go "OMGZ! I signerz up wit' Ma dawg and wes gonna ROLl!

Teams of 2.
Any two forum members are allowed.
Please realize the committment involved in this. Tourneys last a period of weeks, and if you're planning on being away you might reconsider.
Someone from the team must sign up for both of you.

Important: Do NOT say "I'm interested and who wants to team up with me?" Find your partner via other threads or PMs, and then post here.

Please make sure your partner is willing and aware that he's being signed up....don't want any ruffled feathers.

First 8 teams are good to go. After that, we'll take a couple alternates in case a team drops out.

Go!

cool

leonidas
leoandkahnleoandkahnleoandkahn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

newjak86
Newjak86 and Blair Wind for the win

TheKahn
Leo beat me to it. smile

batdude123
Dark Crawler and I are signing up!

leonidas
Originally posted by newjak86
Newjak86 and Blair Wind for the win

not the first time you'll finish second, in this tourny chaos-ers . . .

evil face

DigiMark007

batdude123
Spetznaz is like on a business trip all around the world or something.

newjak86
Originally posted by leonidas
not the first time you'll finish second, in this tourny chaos-ers . . .

evil face Technically if you look at it we signed up at the same time just yours was put first so it would be a tie.

Adam Warlock
Me and Accel will be participating in tournament.

grey fox
Grey fox signing up for himself and Psyquis52

leonidas
who looks at the time?? it's the placement that matters. and guess who got in first . . .? whistle

canadian

DigiMark007
1. Newjak/Blair
2. Leo/Khan (I'm counting Kahn's entry, not leo's nonsense in the first post.)
3. Batdude/DC
4. AW/Accel
5. GF/Physique

Pretty quick, though I think the last 3 will slow down.

....and if there's oodles of interest beyond 8 teams, I might consider making it larger. We have to be flexible with these tourneys and I don't want to leave lots of people out in the cold if there's interest. 12 would be doable, with randomly selected first-round byes.

Devil Lance
Superherovandal and I are joining this

Blair Wind
who looks at the time?? it's the placement that matters. and guess who got in first . . .? whistle

canadian

check again smart one stick out tongue

newjak86

canadian Read the post below your post didn't count wink

DigiMark007
Originally posted by DigiMark007
1. Newjak/Blair
3. Batdude/DC
4. AW/Accel
5. GF/Physique

Pretty quick, though I think the last 3 will slow down.

....and if there's oodles of interest beyond 8 teams, I might consider making it larger. We have to be flexible with these tourneys and I don't want to leave lots of people out in the cold if there's interest. 12 would be doable, with randomly selected first-round byes.

Add Devil Lance and superherovandal as #6

leonidas

et tu digi?

sadwalk

Blair Wind
1. Newjak/Blair
2. Leo/Khan
3. Batdude/DC
4. AW/Accel
5. GF/Physique
6. Devil Lance/Superherovandal

Devil Lance
Originally posted by Blair Wind
1. Newjak/Blair
2. Leo/Khan
3. Batdude/DC
4. AW/Accel
5. GF/Physique
nevermind

grey fox
1. Newjak/Blair
2. Leo/Khan
3. Batdude/DC
4. AW/Accel
5. GF/Physique

PSYQUIS not Physique

newjak86
et tu digi?

sadwalk The Royal Family has many friends. evil face

leonidas
laughing

so when's the draft?

Blair Wind
1. Newjak/Blair
2. Leo/Khan
3. Batdude/DC
4. AW/Accel
5. GF/Psyquis

DigiMark007
laughing

so when's the draft?

It'll depend on how fast the team slots fill up, and whether or not we decide to extend it to 12 teams. Short answer, I dunno.

But probably in a few days. I'll announce it at least a day or two in advance.

DigiMark007
Announcement: I moved the discussion thread into this forum. To keep things efficient, try to keep anything not involving sign-ups to that thread.

Thanks. smile

Scoobless
Who's going to be the first person to try to draft Superboy Prime?

newjak86
Originally posted by Scoobless
Who's going to be the first person to try to draft Superboy Prime? embarrasment

Khellendros
Who's going to be the first person to try to draft Superboy Prime?
Digi said some jackass already asked about drafting him via PM and got shot down.

lilnutta12
me and slither are signing up

Devil Lance
1. Newjak/Blair
2. Leo/Khan
3. Batdude/DC
4. AW/Accel
5. GF/Psyquis
You forgot me and superherovandal sad

Validus
1. Newjak/Blair
2. Leo/Khan
3. Batdude/DC
4. AW/Accel
5. GF/Psyquis
6. DL/Superherovandal
7. Lilnutta12/Slither

Takion
What are tourney's?

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Devil Lance
nevermind
I thought you mean nevermind as in forget about it....as in you were no longer part of the tourny.

Devil Lance
I thought you mean nevermind as in forget about it....as in you were no longer part of the tourny.
no i posted a question and then i got the answer by looking at the tread again and so I posted nevrmind sinstead of the question.
I still want to be in the tourney though

Blair Wind
1. Newjak/Blair
2. Leo/Khan
3. Batdude/DC
4. AW/Accel
5. GF/Psyquis
6. DL/Superherovandal
7. Lilnutta12/Slither

so all we need is one more team unless others want to join then we can extend it to twelve teams

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Takion
What are tourney's?

Two Forum members are teaming up and picking their choice of three different comic book characters. Then once we have those characters we place two teams against eachother and may the best debators win.

newjak86
Two Forum members are teaming up and picking their choice of three different comic book characters. Then once we have those characters we place two teams against eachother and may the best debators win. And we know who the best is cool
Blair Wind is the best I'm just here for the ride stick out tongue

Devil Lance
And we know who the best is cool
no
We'll see about that evil face

Blair Wind
And we know who the best is cool

pish posh....you came up with the awesome ideas.....shifty hehehe

leonidas
so was it blair's idea or newjak's to try and get sbp . . .? whistle

Blair Wind
ummm....I didnt ask digi about it....though your partner told me I should think about getting him....whistle

newjak86
pish posh....you came up with the awesome ideas.....shifty hehehe So I did cool

You know if we wanted SBP we would have gotten him after all we have many friends. evil face

A.J
is it to late to sign up, i just got back,

oh and superboy shouldnt be allowed, hes damn invinceble nearly

A.J
oh and if we are allowed its me and sam z big grin

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by A.J

I'm pretty sure your in for the last spot.

So if this is correct,

1. Newjak/Blair
2. Leo/Khan
3. Batdude/DC
4. AW/Accel
5. GF/Psyquis
6. DL/Superherovandal
7. Lilnutta12/Slither
8. AJ/Sam Z

Then we have our 8 teams.

Ok Digi, you can start the draft thread soon.

A.J
thanks

Blair Wind
finally.....

DarkCrawler
Yay!

Blair Wind
LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTSSSSS GET READY TOOOOOO RUMMMBLE!!

A.J
.........LMAO

Rewmac
It's gonna be interesting big grin

Devil Lance
Originally posted by A.J
good luck AJ evil face

Scoobless
I'm willing to pimp out my tourney consulting services to the highest bidder(s)

newjak86
I'm willing to pimp out my tourney consulting services to the highest bidder(s) I'll give you a spleen for your advice big grin

DarkCrawler
I give you THREE.

...one of them is even a human's. big grin

A.J
Originally posted by Devil Lance
good luck AJ evil face good luck lance/dman, evil face

Scoobless
I already have seven and a half spleens.... got any viable duodenums?

DarkCrawler
No. Some strange fellow bought them all.

May I perhaps get you interested in some livers?

DigiMark007
mad

DigiMark007
Alright boys, we have our teams. Looks like we'll be staying with 8 teams, but if anyone else has a team and wants to sign up, you can be the first alternates. Occasionally we have people (teams in this case) drop out for one reason or another, so there's always a chance you'll get in. Heck, that's how I got into Evangel's tourney way back when...

Round 1 of the draft will be up Tuesday around 2 PM. Your team will be able to pick 1 of your 3 characters. It can be the "play-all" character (the one either team member can debate for) or one of the inidividual ones, so I'd suggest picking out which you want to pick first with your partners.

You have to specify if it's the 'play-all' character or an individual one. Example: We pick Surfer (don't pick him, he's banned) and he's leo's character. Or 'Our team picks Iron Man, and he'll be AJ's character only'.

Also provide a valid bio or the pick won't be counted (and others can steal your pick). Use the character info thread pinned in the comic forum for good bio sites.

lilnutta12
im leavin web sorry
coz my friend haznt got enuff info like me and im not bak till 4pm

DigiMark007
Originally posted by lilnutta12
im leavin web sorry

?? Huh?

Skeets
my comp was fecked up no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So it's too late?...erm

Validus
Originally posted by Skeets
my comp was fecked up no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So it's too late?...erm
I don't know. We kind of need a translation for Lilnutta. no expression

grey fox
Is http://www.answers.com/ ok ?

Skeets
Originally posted by Validus
I don't know. We kind of need a translation for Lilnutta. no expression
be my team mate.......no expression

Validus
Originally posted by grey fox
Is http://www.answers.com/ ok ?
That's basically wikipedia.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Validus
That's basically wikipedia.

Right.

Anything that can be edited by the public isn't allowed. Because we'll have slight "tweaks" to power sets that we can't have happening. There's plenty of legitimate sites in the character info thread over in the comic forum

A.J
Alright boys, we have our teams. Looks like we'll be staying with 8 teams, but if anyone else has a team and wants to sign up, you can be the first alternates. Occasionally we have people (teams in this case) drop out for one reason or another, so there's always a chance you'll get in. Heck, that's how I got into Evangel's tourney way back when...

Round 1 of the draft will be up Tuesday around 2 PM. Your team will be able to pick 1 of your 3 characters. It can be the "play-all" character (the one either team member can debate for) or one of the inidividual ones, so I'd suggest picking out which you want to pick first with your partners.

You have to specify if it's the 'play-all' character or an individual one. Example: We pick Surfer (don't pick him, he's banned) and he's leo's character. Or 'Our team picks Iron Man, and he'll be AJ's character only'.

Also provide a valid bio or the pick won't be counted (and others can steal your pick). Use the character info thread pinned in the comic forum for good bio sites. you used me eek!

oh and im having trouble with sam he wont be back for 10 days, i might need a new partner sad

DigiMark007
Originally posted by A.J
you used me eek!

oh and im having trouble with sam he wont be back for 10 days, i might need a new partner sad

...should be fine. Battles will just be starting up, though you may have to shoulder the drafting for your team.

newjak86

Also provide a valid bio or the pick won't be counted (and others can steal your pick). Use the character info thread pinned in the comic forum for good bio sites. Digi I was wondering by now most of have who we're going to pick I was wondering if perhaps w could have Super 1st round draft where we pick two of out guys instead of one.

And have a 1 pick 2nd Round the next Day. That way if someone we wanted got picked on the first day we would have a day to make to regroup and think about who we wanted.

It would be faster this way and easier and we could get more time to come up with strategies and find more scans incase we don't get who we want.

DigiMark007
Digi I was wondering by now most of have who we're going to pick I was wondering if perhaps w could have Super 1st round draft where we pick two of out guys instead of one.

And have a 1 pick 2nd Round the next Day. That way if someone we wanted got picked on the first day we would have a day to make to regroup and think about who we wanted.

It would be faster this way and easier and we could get more time to come up with strategies and find more scans incase we don't get who we want.

I'd rather not have a team get the first 2 picks in the whole draft just because they're on first. Some people are on different time schedules or have to work, etc. and they can't make it on quickly. I'd rather not punish them for that, so I'd like every team to be able to pick 1 person before another team gets 2.

So sorry,but it's in the interest of fairness.

Originally posted by A.J
yeah he will proberly want to be venom but ill check around smile

Venom?!?! You realize this is a herald tourney, right?

A.J
...should be fine. Battles will just be starting up, though you may have to shoulder the drafting for your team. yeah he will proberly want to be venom but ill check around smile

batdude123
Originally posted by A.J
yeah he will proberly want to be venom but ill check around smile

You know, Venom is not a good choice for this herald level tourney.

batdude123

Venom?!?! You realize this is a herald tourney, right?

You beat me to it. big grin

leonidas
well, carnage DID possess ss briefly. who's to say venom WOULDN'T be a good choice . . .? shifty

A.J
I'd rather not have a team get the first 2 picks in the whole draft just because they're on first. Some people are on different time schedules or have to work, etc. and they can't make it on quickly. I'd rather not punish them for that, so I'd like every team to be able to pick 1 person before another team gets 2.

So sorry,but it's in the interest of fairness.

Venom?!?! You realize this is a herald tourney, right? oops i meant venom atached to thor shifty

batdude123
well, carnage DID possess ss briefly. who's to say venom WOULDN'T be a good choice . . .? shifty

Yes leo. Encourage them! Muhahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!! evil face

Validus
I'd love to see someone nab Venom. laughing out loud

Scoobless
Venom is essentially two characters.... if you pick him he has to stick to his original body... but there's going to be no possesion/mind control anyway.... so pick away

grey fox
I was actually considering cosmic carnage at one point....he did nearly kill Thor in a what-if.....

A.J
laughing you took it serious i didnt even know about venom lol

Scoobless
Yeah... but again, he's really two seperate characters

lilnutta12
even if i am a partner for skeets i still wont get back for the tourney thing
because if i dont get back on time i cant do the hole thing can i

if your doin this thing at 2pm

i get back for the computer at 4 pm

there i used proper english for u sc*ms

(u ppl dont hav a clue wot m.s.n is do you)

DigiMark007
^^ that's fine. You don't have to draft right at 2PM. You just won't have the first pick.

A.J
Yeah... but again, he's really two seperate characters i dont know who you are talking about anyway, i dont read marvel much i dont like them

grey fox
even if i am a partner for skeets i still wont get back for the tourney thing
because if i dont get back on time i cant do the hole thing can i

if your doin this thing at 2pm

i get back for the computer at 4 pm

there i used proper english for u sc*ms

(u ppl dont hav a clue wot m.s.n is do you)

Please , STOP RAPING THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE !!!!

What did it ever do to you ?

A.J
Originally posted by grey fox
Please , STOP RAPING THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE !!!!

What did it ever do to you ? laughing laughing

DarkCrawler
I don't understand. Is it really that hard to use capitals, proper grammar and complete sentences? I mean it roughly takes the same amount to write. I am not even from English speaking country, and I still do it...

Mr.V
No offence guys, but ok so he's not the most grammatic of all people; but so he forgets a capital letter and comma splices everynow and again, let it slide ok? It's not that big a crime no expression

(I was fearfully typing that to grammatic perfection in fear for my life then no expression stick out tongue it doesn't matter, I always use proper grammer. wink)

DarkCrawler
Yeah, I am not saying that you need to be perfect, but you should at least write so well that people can understand you stick out tongue

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Mr.V
No offence guys, but ok so he's not the most grammatic of all people; but so he forgets a capital letter and comma splices everynow and again, let it slide ok? It's not that big a crime no expression

It's supposed to be written as "It's not that big OF a crime" and "every now and then"! Grammar Enforcers are coming for you, you sick language-molesting bastard, and they know no mercy. mad

You better run...while you still can.

I heard that they do not so pleasant things to your legs.

Mr.V
Shup Boi! big grin dont tell me how to speak my language! stick out tongue im re-defining, its an innovating experiment about the progression of language in different English communities. big grin

DarkCrawler
Oh.

Well, it's too late to stop the Enforcers now.

I'd still advise you to run. yes

Scoobless
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I don't understand. Is it really that hard to use capitals, proper grammar and complete sentences? I mean it roughly takes the same amount to write. I am not even from English speaking country, and I still do it...

For the most part anyway............. shifty

batdude123
i alwais doo. stick out tongue

A.J
sup bats

Blair Wind
Announcement: I moved the discussion thread into this forum. To keep things efficient, try to keep anything not involving sign-ups to that thread.

Thanks. smile

no expression

Validus
no expression
Looks like BW just dropped the hammer. stick out tongue

batdude123
Originally posted by A.J
sup bats

I can't even say hi because Blair Wind would have a problem with that. mad

Blair Wind
big grin

batdude123
stick out tongue

A.J
Originally posted by batdude123
I can't even say hi because Blair Wind would have a problem with that. mad forget him say hi damn it, or our loveing bats relationship is over mad

batdude123
Originally posted by A.J
forget him say hi damn it, or our loveing bats relationship is over mad

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A.J
Originally posted by batdude123
HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are freinds again. big grin

Blair Wind
herbshock

A.J
wacko

batdude123
homer

A.J

batdude123
Doh!

A.J
cool

DigiMark007
mad On page 1 I mentioned keeping pointless bits in the discussion thread (or just in the off topic thread).

A.J
mad On page 1 I mentioned keeping pointless bits in the discussion thread (or just in the off topic thread). embarrasment sorrry digi sad

batdude123
SOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYY!!! GEEZ! mad

A.J
batdude mad

you was almost on almost on a bit of freinds list but for that attitude you can forget it

Scoobless
I'm voting against the people with the most pointless posts in this thread

stick out tongue

A.J

stick out tongue embarrasment sad

Validus

stick out tongue
Good idea.

Khellendros

stick out tongue
Same here. evil face

A.J
Originally posted by Khellendros
Same here. evil face sad

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Khellendros
Same here. evil face

This is why we made the 9 post limit. AJ's gonna explode trying to stay under the limit. laughing out loud

A.J
This is why we made the 9 post limit. AJ's gonna explode trying to stay under the limit. laughing out loud mad how dare you

batdude123
So the system is corrupt, eh? evil face

A.J
looks like evil face

outarddwarf
*laughs at aj's plight*

sorry man

A.J
for what....whats a plight confused

Khellendros
plight1 Pronunciation Key (plt)
n.

A situation, especially a bad or unfortunate one

A.J
i see

outarddwarf
thanks for defining that khellendros

K Von Doom
im leavin web sorry

This made me lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.